When will we see the Evidence?

Just found this in an article on www.wftv.com

Last week, the Orange County grand jury heard from the FBI and one of the sheriff's computer investigators and that information is going to be released to the public very soon.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17781526/detail.html
Could someone please explain why the computer searches weren't released today? I thought Baez asked for those at the same hearing. Also, he asked for A DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY on the 15th. Any idea when he'll get that? TIA

Could someone please explain why the computer searches weren't released today? I thought Baez asked for those at the same hearing. Also, he asked for A DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY on the 15th. Any idea when he'll get that? TIA

Baez received this FBI report on Monday I was told. He probably has received that as well, but it has yet to be released to the public. Remember though, that that motion is for naught because they dropped the neglect charges. Not sure how that affects things, but I would think so.

I agree, although I am glad to see the forensics, it is nothing new than what we already knew.

I think the computer searches will provide alot of "AH HAH" moments.

Thank you so much for your answer, Broderick. I have reading through this thread trying to understand the discovery process. I'm getting there, but I'm blonde. It takes me a little longer. ;)

Can someone please explain to me exactly what the state attorney's office is required to disclose to the defense before trial ? For example, the forensic evidence that came out today ...could that be all the state has ? Or could they have an ace up their sleeves ?

Can someone please explain to me exactly what the state attorney's office is required to disclose to the defense before trial ? For example, the forensic evidence that came out today ...could that be all the state has ? Or could they have an ace up their sleeves ?

Mysterious,

Florida is a "no surprises" state so all the evidence will be turned over to the defense in due time. Likewise, the defense must in time turn over its evidence to the state.

T

To clarify:

In this instance there are economic charges and criminal charges. During the discovery phase of each of these charges both sides share their evidence (and as it becomes available).

T

And as long as we're clarifying, is there a difference between what the state has to disclose, and what the FBI would have to disclose?

So, does this mean we will get to see the evidence also?

"Judge Stan Strickland accepted the written plea and that means the state now has 15 days to hand over evidence to Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, that the state plans to use in the trial against her. Any new evidence the state plans to make use of also must be handed over to Baez as they get it."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17819575/detail.html

"Judge Stan Strickland accepted the written plea and that means the state now has 15 days to hand over evidence to Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, that the state plans to use in the trial against her. Any new evidence the state plans to make use of also must be handed over to Baez as they get it."

Good news. The state is pressing forward and giving the defense a speedy trial whether they wanted it or not.

Good news. So glad to see this is going forward.

Watch for media spin from the defense now...that's usually the way this works. Sometimes it's a good indication of where the defense is going with their case. Possible spins would be: accomplice theories, Caylee sightings, odd/suspicious characters popping out of the woodwork.

Baez received this FBI report on Monday I was told. He probably has received that as well, but it has yet to be released to the public. Remember though, that that motion is for naught because they dropped the neglect charges. Not sure how that affects things, but I would think so.

According to the OSCO site Baez filed a discovery demand attached to the first degree murder charge as well. I don't recall the date without looking but it was shortly after the GJ proceedings.

IMO the states atty. will release the evidence quickly without making a HUGE production out of it.

JB is so far behind he just yesterday filed 4 service of subpeonas to depose witnesses.

10/27/2008 A NOTICE OF FILING AFFIDAVITS OF SERVICE OF SUBPOENA FOR DEPOSITION (4)/ATTACHED

:rolleyes::waitasec: JMO: Documents I want to read (audio?) AH's 1st transcript she talks @ in her 2nd transcript & many others that will prove to be quite telling. :rolleyes:

The Target video from the trip KC :behindbar & AH went to by the gas can @ June 30? What happened to that gas can?? :clap::crazy::furious::behindbar Nothings been said @ that anywhere!!:eek:

When this evidence is handed over I sure hope it is released under FL Sunshine Law!!!

THIS WILL REALLY HELP TO FILL IN THE MISSING PUZZLE PIECES..TIMELINE ETC.!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back