Where is Amy's totalled car? Time Line and Ping

reposting my question from earlier......

Re this:

7/13 Will texts KC "Bring anys car over ill take off that tint"

What does he mean?? Bring Amy's car to him to take off the tint????

First of all, why would she ask about that? Secondly, how would she get the car there if it was totalled?? More TOWING??

And finally, does anyone know if chloroform is used in any way with "tinting".

Where did WW work?

reposting my question from earlier......

Re this:

7/13 Will texts KC "Bring anys car over ill take off that tint"

What does he mean?? Bring Amy's car to him to take off the tint????

First of all, why would she ask about that? Secondly, how would she get the car there if it was totalled?? More TOWING??

And finally, does anyone know if chloroform is used in any way with "tinting".

Where did WW work?

This was in July...He would have been talking about Amy's new car not the wrecked car. KC was driving Amy's car while she was in PR.

Amy's wreck happened the 6th of June.

WW works maintenance for a contractor but apparently has a nak for working on cars.

14:10 Matthew C 407 xxxx 7965 calls KC 1 min 24 sec (She’s at or near Tone’s) Appx 14:10 Leaves TonE’s, Drives out to E Colonial Dr area
14:58 KC texts Matthew C(ping’s 5.5 miles from TonE’s near E Colonial Dr, Mary Lou Dr, Vincent Dr. Lake Downey area)
15:07 Matthew Ctexts KC (pings 2.2 mi from TonE’s in N Econ Trail area going back toward TonE’s from Lake Downey area) no calls for 18 min.
16:20 KC calls 407 *advertiser censored* 0000 (pings near Amscot)(almost back to TonE’s)
Total time appx 1 hour 13 minutes to leave TonE’s, possibly dispose of Caylee’s body, and return to TonE’s 14:10-16:23
16:23 KC calls 1 954 *advertiser censored* 9214 (at or near TonE’s)
*snipped*
Hi, momtective.
FWIW, you may want to consider the following fb msg. It would appear Casey was back @ Tony's <3:57PM, tightening up the window a little more than 20mins.

6/19/08 3:57 PM Casey A. you, ric and dave should definitely come out tomorrow night. i’ll give you a buzz later. i haven’t see you in ages!

Its possible the 4:20PM ping on the twr near Amscot services Tony's apt. on occasion due to cell traffic. Dunno for certain...just a possibility.

Ahhh, I see, right.

But still, why would KC have WW work on AH's car....."tint".....while AH was in PR???

Maybe it was something WW and AH had already set up before she left?

*snipped*
Hi, momtective.
FWIW, you may want to consider the following fb msg. It would appear Casey was back @ Tony's <3:57PM, tightening up the window a little more than 20mins.

6/19/08 3:57 PM Casey A. you, ric and dave should definitely come out tomorrow night. i’ll give you a buzz later. i haven’t see you in ages!

Its possible the 4:20PM ping on the twr near Amscot services Tony's apt. on occasion due to cell traffic. Dunno for certain...just a possibility.

Missed that one Bond...Thanks

Ahhh, I see, right.

But still, why would KC have WW work on AH's car....."tint".....while AH was in PR???

Maybe it was something WW and AH had already set up before she left?

IMO, I feel WW is just throwing things out to be a helpful Harry to KC...kissing up to her...nothing more. If I recall, he was all over her...prob using that offer as an opportunity to hang out with her.

OK, since the "10 keys" text was the same day as Amy picked up the new car, I think it makes the most sense that they were keys to the car and not the storage unit or anything else. I also googled "10 keys made", etc. and found that, at least for some cars, 10 keys seems to be the maximum number of copies you can make. So perhaps Amy was so trusting (before getting burned by the Mother of the Year) that she just made the maximum number and passed them out to her friends and family like candy.

In an interview with LE, Amy said she always locks herself out of her car so she gives all her friends a key.

Thinking about the time line and the fact that Casey picked June 19th to go see Matt C at Cranes Landings Apartment with Tony has always bugged me. If you go with the 2.6 days in the trunk of the car and TOD to be afternoon of June 16th that makes June 19th the target date for disposal. So why does going to Cranes Landing go on Casey's to do list.

13:06 KC texts 954 *advertiser censored* 9214 Amy &#8220;call me when you&#8217;re headed over to see your car&#8221;. 13:07 Amy 954 *advertiser censored* 9214 texts KC &#8220; I&#8217;m on my way&#8221;
13:14 call went to vm 13:20 KC calls Amy 4 sec
13:20 Kc calls Amy 4 min
14:09 KC calls 321 *advertiser censored* 0081 unknown person 0 min
14:10 KC texts Matthew C.407 *advertiser censored* 7965
14:10 Matthew C 407 xxxx 7965 calls KC 1 min 24 sec
14:58 KC texts Matthew C
15:07 Matthew C texts
16:20 KC calls 407 *advertiser censored* 0000

So&#8230;.. did Casey ever really said anything to Tony about getting permission for Amy to bring her wrecked car to Sutton Place and that is the reason she could have been so hot to get Tony over to Cranes on the 19th. Casey didn't want Tony to see Amy getting her car. If Tony had no idea what Amy's car looked like he would have no clue it was hers sitting in the parking lot.

Basically the old line 'what Tony don't know won&#8217;t hurt him'.
... and no questions and no one looking at the car

Thoughts?

Thinking about the time line and the fact that Casey picked June 19th to go see Matt C at Cranes Landings Apartment with Tony has always bugged me. If you go with the 2.6 days in the trunk of the car and TOD to be afternoon of June 16th that makes June 19th the target date for disposal. So why does going to Cranes Landing go on Casey's to do list.

13:06 KC texts 954 *advertiser censored* 9214 Amy “call me when you’re headed over to see your car”. 13:07 Amy 954 *advertiser censored* 9214 texts KC “ I’m on my way”
13:14 call went to vm 13:20 KC calls Amy 4 sec
13:20 Kc calls Amy 4 min
14:09 KC calls 321 *advertiser censored* 0081 unknown person 0 min
14:10 KC texts Matthew C.407 *advertiser censored* 7965
14:10 Matthew C 407 xxxx 7965 calls KC 1 min 24 sec
14:58 KC texts Matthew C
15:07 Matthew C texts
16:20 KC calls 407 *advertiser censored* 0000

So….. did Casey ever really said anything to Tony about getting permission for Amy to bring her wrecked car to Sutton Place and that is the reason she could have been so hot to get Tony over to Cranes on the 19th. Casey didn't want Tony to see Amy getting her car. If Tony had no idea what Amy's car looked like he would have no clue it was hers sitting in the parking lot.

Basically the old line 'what Tony don't know won’t hurt him'.
... and no questions and no one looking at the car

Thoughts?

The question of what compelled Casey's actions the afternoon of 6/19 is very intriguing to me too, Shadow. I don't have a good answer, but, will offer some thought, perhaps to spur on mo'betta thinking...
  • She seemed to REACT to Amy's coming to get the car. (Coincidence?)
  • Matt was Casey's friend. (Did Tony mention the lease to Casey and she seized the opportunity?)
  • Tony and Amy had met before, IIRC, so she didn't necessarily need to keep THEM apart.
  • Matt gives us some insight into Tony & Casey's demeanor when they visit.
Casey was upbeat - (foreshadowing of her fantasy coming true?)
Tony was interested in getting new lease - (all business?)​

A great question for soliciting some thoughts, Shadow. This afternoon is a mystery within a mystery for me.

Of course, the idea that Amy's car may have had a cover over it, and the mention of a decomp-smelling car repair still has me very interested in if/how Amy's car may have been involved. Even if it was for temporary storage of the body it gives me a convenient theory to compel Casey's sudden flight. If Casey made her oh-so-half-arsed attempt at a backyard burial 6/18, then, she was mentally at the point of wanting the body out of her car 6/18. Did she transfer it to Amy's car that evening to give herself time to come up w/ a plan w/o worrying about the body being in her own car? Did she need to get the Pontiac & body away from Amy & Will when they arrived so that they wouldn't notice the same smell, that was just beginning to develop, coming from both Amy's car & the Pontiac...urging them to investigate further...:waitasec:

Based on the ADD and t.o.d. the body was still in play at the time of the Crane's Landing visit. Imagine it...you have a body in the trunk of your car...friend is coming over. And you complicate things by adding an apartment hunt w/ your boyfriend??? :confused: I'd be focused on one-problem-at-a-time myself. :banghead:

This is just a quick drive-by post. Didn't Kronk mention something about a grey 'thing' that looked as if it might have been a pool cover? Could it have been the car cover? Somewhere in the text messaging, wasn't there a mention of a car cover for Amy's car while it would be parked at Tony's?

IMO, this whole deal with Amy's car seems suspicious.

This is just a quick drive-by post. Didn't Kronk mention something about a grey 'thing' that looked as if it might have been a pool cover? Could it have been the car cover? Somewhere in the text messaging, wasn't there a mention of a car cover for Amy's car while it would be parked at Tony's?

IMO, this whole deal with Amy's car seems suspicious.

Yes, Amy does mention about covering the car but she does not say she has a car cover or not or if she did cover the car.
I also though about the 'pool cover' mentined by Mr. K. I did a quick look see and it appears the most economical car covers are gray [unless you pay for a model specific fitted one they do not stay on very well if it gets windy] ...so if repeating the IF, Casey used Amy's car to stash Caylee in and then snatched the car cover, or just used the cover to transport and then dumped it seperate from the bagged body she could have always told Amy it blew away.

Pure speculation on my part.

Text from Amy to Casey ~8:30PM 6/14/08, "I can get a cover for it. It just seems silly to keep towing it."

I don't recall seeing confirmation/indication that Amy - or Casey for that matter - ever got a cover.

Text from Amy to Casey ~8:30PM 6/14/08, "I can get a cover for it. It just seems silly to keep towing it."

I don't recall seeing confirmation/indication that Amy - or Casey for that matter - ever got a cover.

When I read that text I thought she was referring to a 'cover note', i.e. temporary insurance - that's what we call it in the UK. :waitasec:

When I read that text I thought she was referring to a 'cover note', i.e. temporary insurance - that's what we call it in the UK. :waitasec:

:) LOL, Devon. In the states this is what we call the thing you throw over a car that isn't in use, (e.g. if it is an eyesore, or, on the other end of the spectrum it is valuable and you want to protect it from sun, dust, etc.).

Just for grins...when she wasn't using it she would prolly store it in the "boot", a.k.a. "trunk" :)

:) LOL, Devon. In the states this is what we call the thing you throw over a car that isn't in use, (e.g. if it is an eyesore, or, on the other end of the spectrum it is valuable and you want to protect it from sun, dust, etc.).

Just for grins...when she wasn't using it she would prolly store it in the "boot", a.k.a. "trunk" :)

Oh yeah.... we have covers for our cars too :crazy:, but I read it that she was actually talking about insurance cover in this instance. I'll go back and try to find the convo and see what gave me that impression.

ETA
As for boot/trunk, I've just about got used to all the different words used in the US. The one I have the most problem with is 'gas' (UK - petrol). 'Gas' to us is a fuel for cooking or central heating, so when I first started reading about KC and all her 'gas' cans I kept thinking she was trying to blow something up! :eek::rolleyes::)

I am reminded of a Churchill quote about "...two countries separated by a common language".

I am reminded of a Churchill quote about "...two countries separated by a common language".

It does cause me some confusion at times. :) Another one is your use of the word 'pants' which we call 'trousers'. Pants to us are undergarments (usually for males but some females also call their knickers 'pants'). Whenever I read descriptions of what 'pants' someone is wearing in public, or about KC leaving her 'pants' in the car I think :eek::no::confused::eek:

Oh yeah.... we have covers for our cars too :crazy:, but I read it that she was actually talking about insurance cover in this instance. I'll go back and try to find the convo and see what gave me that impression.
*snipped*
:waitasec:perhaps you are recalling the following Facebook message from Amy to Troy:

6/24/08 2:46 PM Amy H. Troy B. "I’m still at Ricardo and JPs… hopefully everything works out soon! Hey, so I forwarded my mail a little late… any idea how to get my insurance stuff that got mailed to the Oviedo house?" :waitasec:

Nice one, fortytwo. That I'm reminded of Monty Python should prolly be a sign its time to grow up, eh? :bang: :python:

*snipped*
:waitasec:perhaps you are recalling the following Facebook message from Amy to Troy:

6/24/08 2:46 PM Amy H. Troy B. "I’m still at Ricardo and JPs… hopefully everything works out soon! Hey, so I forwarded my mail a little late… any idea how to get my insurance stuff that got mailed to the Oviedo house?" :waitasec:

Nice one, fortytwo. That I'm reminded of Monty Python should prolly be a sign its time to grow up, eh? :bang: :python:

No it wasn't that message - it was definitely the KC/Amy text about the car that I was thinking of. I'll have a reread some time but it's not really of any significance.

P.S. Nothing wrong with remembering Monty Python - a great British product! ;):)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back