Where is Amy's totalled car? Time Line and Ping

Bumping this thread, cause it's still driving me bats about what happened to the car and where it ended up...

Help me out guys!

Bumping this thread, cause it's still driving me bats about what happened to the car and where it ended up...

Help me out guys!

Rest assured, you're not alone, Lisalei. :)

IF it was involved we can be certain JB won't be pressing for info on it in discovery anytime soon, hence, we won't learn about it until much, much later...IF it was involved.

Help me out guys!

I know, I know! I got a little excited reading about LE locating a key on a key ring near the remains. Time will tell...but not soon enough for some of us!:blowkiss:

I thought someone said awhile back, that Amys car was in Tonys yard?

I thought someone said awhile back, that Amys car was in Tonys yard?

Hey Charo. Amy's car was moved to Tony's lot on June 14 and retrieved July 7. Cocoamom and I both tried to obtain a copy of this accident report, sadly to no avail :mad:We will have to wait patiently as Bond is correct that we will not hear about this car until much later, if in fact, this car is involved.

Hey Charo. Amy's car was moved to Tony's lot on June 14 and retrieved July 7. Cocoamom and I both tried to obtain a copy of this accident report, sadly to no avail :mad:We will have to wait patiently as Bond is correct that we will not hear about this car until much later, if in fact, this car is involved.

Hi everyone, Bond deduced somewhere along the way that since she hit a guardrail (as she said in a text msg), there was no other party involved. Thus no police report - only a ticket. I double checked that with the Sheriff's Office and they agreed. Hope this helps!

This has to be the best site around. wow you guys!!!! I didnt know anything about another car or a key. All this time, I thought I was right on top of everything. ha!!

Have you seen WFTV web site, with pictures of everything, encluding the little red 'heart' that the police retrieved?

Have you all gone down the list of possibliities of someone else doing it?. Im not lazy, but theres over 300 msgs here.:)

This has to be the best site around. wow you guys!!!! I didnt know anything about another car or a key. All this time, I thought I was right on top of everything. ha!!

Have you seen WFTV web site, with pictures of everything, encluding the little red 'heart' that the police retrieved?

Have you all gone down the list of possibliities of someone else doing it?. Im not lazy, but theres over 300 msgs here.:)

Welcome, Orb4me. Welcome to our nightmare! :rolleyes:

RE: someone else doing it. Yes, the evidence in this case has been coming out in pieces since July '08, over time much consideration has been given to someone else being the perp, or even as an accomplice, etc. As more evidence has been released it has become a real challenge to come up with a plausible scenario that anyone except Casey was responsible. Of course that depends on your personal level of what evidence you accept and what evidence you challenge. As with OJ...the definition of "reasonable" should never be taken for granted...we all have different yardsticks.

Hope that helps.

Its weird to me that there was so much talk about towing the car to KCs, then not, then towing it to TLs, etc., and then no talk "finally the car is gone!" Maybe the car is important and those texts were kept out.

If anyone lives in the area they might be able to get the records for Amy's 2005 traffic case: case no. 05-TR-0028317-O in Orange County. Of course she might not have had the same car in 2005 as she did in 2008.

Also I have a memory of having seen pictures of the wrecked car on Amy's myspace page...but can't find it now!

Coming late to the game on this but FWIW, I located some information regarding the traffic case. Citation #2310EAR filed against AH on 3/08/05 for failure to yield to oncoming traffic when making left turn, by an Officer Lee. I cannot find a VIN ANYWHERE. With FL's Sunshine Laws and I am having great difficulty coming to terms with the fact that this information is not available to us somewhere. :confused:
AZLawyer, thanks for your help in locating this traffic citation info. :blowkiss:
Any ideas on how to proceed from here? We've had an Orlando local, Cocoamom, graciously look into the accident report without success. Wondering if anyone has additional ideas on obtaining vehicle make, model, year, color or VIN? I would really like to know the answers on where in the heck this car is and what became of it, so we can put this theory to rest or at least fill in the holes...:bang:

Do we know where and/or when the car was disposed of? When it was mentioned that Lee "took care" of Amy's key that KC had, could this key have belonged to the totalled car? Might be a good place to look for a body or evidence. Any idea what kind of car this was and if it was truly totalled? Do any locals know where totalled cars go to die in the Orlando area? Could this car have been the one in regards to WW interview, the one that had been in an accident, was being repaired and smelled like a dead body? TIA

Wow! This is the 1st time I saw this thread. Thank you!!! Amy's car and key have been bothering me since last year! Maybe I'm wrong, but something seems fishy about it.

I find it hard to believe we have no resolution on the car yet. Methinks there is more to it than first believed.

It has never been explained why there was no face to face contact between KC and AH between 6/10 and 6/30. We assumed, as did the rest of their gang, that it was because KC had taken up so intently with TL, but this would certainly shed new light on her reasons for avoiding AH for that time period.

KC knew that AH's dad was not coming for the car until the first weekend in July, and she knew when Amy was going to look at her car. What better place for KC to store/hide a body and/or evidence, right in AH's car, at TL's apartment, where she also spent the majority of 6/10 through 6/30. She knew AH would eventually find out about the smell in AH's car, so she came up with the squirrel story prior to AH's dad coming to get the car, establishing a "reason" to explain the odor in AH's car. You know, oh yeah that same thing happened to me and it was squirrels. That's just dead
squirrel. I think she put Caylee in that car and that's why we only have the 2.6 days according to the body farm. I think she used AH's trunk to store Caylee and or her remains. Remember someone here posted regarding what seemed like KC texting and calling TL when the pings show she was in his area, maybe she was there, in the parking lot checking on AH's car chatting it up with him to make sure he wouldn't find her in the parking lot checking out the car. LA did something with whatever he found that night. I really think he involved himself in this.

AND, I remember reading way back that someone, referring to LA said, "You know what you did." I would link it, but I can't find it. :banghead:

AND, I remember reading way back that someone, referring to LA said, "You know what you did." I would link it, but I can't find it. :banghead:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...stioned-again-regarding-Caylees-disappearance

January 26, 2009

Authorities investigating the Caylee Anthony case will be focusing on her uncle, Lee Anthony this week. It has been reported they will be questioning him about what he knew about Caylee's disappearance and when he had such information.

According to WESH 2, a source close to the investigation said, "We kind of treat him separately. He knows what he has done."

It NEVER made any sense to me why LA would be destroying AH's car key. I agree with you all -- there is something very hinky here and Amy's wrecked car may be more important that we know. I will wait anxiously to see if something more comes out about this. How strange!

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...stioned-again-regarding-Caylees-disappearance

January 26, 2009

Authorities investigating the Caylee Anthony case will be focusing on her uncle, Lee Anthony this week. It has been reported they will be questioning him about what he knew about Caylee's disappearance and when he had such information.

According to WESH 2, a source close to the investigation said, "We kind of treat him separately. He knows what he has done."

Thank you!!:blowkiss:

Coming late to the game on this but FWIW, I located some information regarding the traffic case. Citation #2310EAR filed against AH on 3/08/05 for failure to yield to oncoming traffic when making left turn, by an Officer Lee. I cannot find a VIN ANYWHERE. With FL's Sunshine Laws and I am having great difficulty coming to terms with the fact that this information is not available to us somewhere. :confused:
AZLawyer, thanks for your help in locating this traffic citation info. :blowkiss:
Any ideas on how to proceed from here? We've had an Orlando local, Cocoamom, graciously look into the accident report without success. Wondering if anyone has additional ideas on obtaining vehicle make, model, year, color or VIN? I would really like to know the answers on where in the heck this car is and what became of it, so we can put this theory to rest or at least fill in the holes...:bang:

I think (but am not positive) that if you go down to the Clerks Office and look it up in their system, the actual ticket may be available (or a copy of it.)

Thank you to you all who are pursuing this information, I've always wondered about Amy's car, too. :blowkiss:

Warning, patience required, I'll get 'round to the point...and tie to the thread topic...eventually ;)

Speculation on top of speculation I'm afraid...but, after seeing the carseat images released showing the stains - albeit w/o details to suggest whether they could be decomp-related or not - I couldn't resist the opportunity to free up the imagination to try reconciling some things.

One thing that has been problematic w/ any 'theory' is the process of getting Caylee into the trunk w/o being seen. While I've tried not to get too hung up on this point...telling myself it could be accomplished in broad daylight using something such as the WTP blanket, etc. to conceal the transfer in a parking lot (e.g. Tony's Sutton Place Apt)...the stains on the carseat *permitted* me to suspend some conventional thinking.

IF (big, fat, speculative IF) the stains in the carseat are decomp-related, the one on the shoulder strap gets my attention. And please - I know how mucked up a carseat can get, w/ everyday use, so no need to inform me 'bout that, alright? A decomp stain on the shoulder strap would permit one to speculate that the duct tape weren't in-place @ TOD (recognizing that fluid could come from eyes, ears too, but, go easy on me for the sake of the post, eh?).

Straying further off the beaten path :poke: I'm inclined to agree w/ the notion that Casey would've most likely NOT directly touched Caylee post-mortem anymore than absolutely necessary, hence, peri-mortem application of the duct tape is indicated. But since we're relaxing things a bit for the sake of speculation... For me, the purpose of the application of duct tape peri-mortem most likely had to be about keeping Caylee quiet if either she refused to goto sleep in the Pontiac or if she awoke in the Pontiac, whether she was sedated or not. IOW, that thinking is to suggest that Casey needed to ensure Caylee didn't draw attention to herself in the Pontiac whilst unattended...yet another reason to think placing Caylee in the trunk - out of sight and considerably muffled, peri-mortem.

But, if I allow myself the freedom to consider Casey could accomplish what she absolutely had to...to save her own skin...I'm not too squeamish about allowing Casey to apply some tape post-mortem. In fact, the aspect of Casey applying the duct tape because she HAD to is quite appealing, considering her m.o. So, this puts me in a different place.

Decomp stains on the shoulder strap couldn't occur until hours after TOD. IOW...it takes some time for the decomp fluids to be generated sufficient to begin 'leaking' from the body. That speculation would put Caylee IN her carseat @ the TOD and for several hours after. And THAT speculation would join nicely w/ one of the other big disconnects for me - the presence of the duct tape @ the same location as Caylee after leaving Hopespring that afternoon.

While it is entirely possible that Casey had the duct tape in her car completely by accident, or even as a result some legitimate things we know about leading up to 6/16...my inclination is to believe the duct tape was most likely @ Hopespring vs. already in the Pontiac. If I'm forced into it, I guess I'd also admit the presence of the knife in the car, begging to be associated w/ cutting the tape is another brick-in-the-wall of an @-Hopespring tape application scenario. In full discosure, I also further see Caylee being found in the "Big Trouble..." tee as an indication that her death took place after she was prepped for sleep AFTER leaving Hopespring that afternoon.

Sooooo...all this ramblin' speculation would have Casey driving the Pontiac to Hopespring on the afternoon of 6/17 w/ Caylee in the carseat in plain view...looking like a napping toddler to passersby. Upon arriving at Hopespring, and afforded the cover provided by being in the garage, it would have reactive-Casey applying the duct tape to Caylee upon observing the fluid leaking from her nose/mouth, and realizing that it would get ON Casey when she lifted Caylee from the carseat which she HAD to do. Perhaps the whole lifting of a rigor-Caylee :( out of the carseat might've resulted in the unexplained stains on the headliner (driver's side IIRC).

So, what does all of this have to do w/ Amy's totaled car?

One last point and we're there (finally :rolleyes:). AFAIK, Tony's account and Casey's cell activity on the night of 6/16 and the morning of 6/17 show no signs of nervousness about Caylee being discovered in the Pontiac. I mean think about it :waitasec:. IF it WAS an accident, a bad decision made in the haze of the evenings recreational activities, by the morning, a sobering Casey would've been somewhat anxious about getting to the Pontiac to find out if Caylee was somehow still alive. AND IF it WASN'T an accident and Casey was certain of Caylee's demise...then Casey had to be supremely confident in how well Caylee was concealed.

Sooooooo....the scenario above would have Caylee in the carseat @ TOD, w/o duct tape AND Casey confident that Caylee wouldn't be discovered that way. How could all of that be possible???? :confused:

...by placing the car cover from Amy's totaled car over the Pontiac before leaving Caylee strapped in her carseat. And, of course, I have to point out that Amy mentioned that she could get a cover for the car when it was towed to Tony's...not that she actually did get one.

Oh, also...by the evening hours, say, 6:30PM on 6/16 the temperature in the car, even when adjusted for some increase vs. ambient, would've been in the neighborhood of 75F - not sufficiently hot to cause death, IMHO. This fact would support that Casey employed some sort of mother's-little-helper that resulted in Caylee's death, and perhaps gave her the confidence she displayed that Caylee waking up wouldn't be a concern, hence, car cover sufficient, hence, no next-morning-rush, hence, no duct tape required.

Alright...I'm outta practice, but, glad to get that off my chest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back