Votes: 78 20.9%
  • Laying in woods

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Where TM could watch the site

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • hurts my heart; but, a landfill

Votes: 35 9.4%

• Total voters
The plan, the plan, the plan. Okay so most of us on WS probably love true crime on TV. As one of those people, I would say around the time of Jon Bennet, it occurred to me-that I would not talk to LE without my lawyer present. I do not commit crimes, it is just my thought process. So SM actually went and sat down with LE to answer questions, without a lawyer. Why? I think that maybe, their plan started to fall apart fast. When LE showed up at their door, right away. But obviously TM was so SURE they would find nothing in their house, she let LE in to search. Did they have a warrant? Bc TM in her FB statement makes it seem like-it was her choice. Why would she let SM the weakest link in this, go answer questions? Could they have placed HE's body in numerous dumpsters, say one at Broadway at the beach, one in Conway? Just about every gas station has a dumpster also, there are dozens of them between these two places where the supposed IE charges happened. Did TM feel the need to explain why they might have been at these places, so she sent SM?
IMO TM, did not plan on TE. She thought she was getting rid of a "psycho *advertiser censored*" that worked at the TK. Not someone's precious daughter. MB is transient, a lot of kids come and work at restaurants for a few months then leave. Would the M's have known that HE's car was in TE's name, that he had a key and the police would first contact him? I don't think TM realized the effect this local girls disappearance would have. I think the uproar unglued their plan, I hope enough for a conviction.

Love this post! I really believe that TM was really arrogant and thought they had all bases covered. In reality the only thing that originally led LE in their direction was the call that Heather made to her roommate letting her know that she had just been contacted by SM.
If Heather had not made that call, SM could have played down the subsequent cell phone calls saying that she kept calling and he finally answered and told her to quit calling. When he lied about those calls to LE, combined with the video of their vehicle that pretty much confirmed his involvement and gave LE enough to get the search warrant for their home.

Love this post! I really believe that TM was really arrogant and thought they had all bases covered. In reality the only thing that originally led LE in their direction was the call that Heather made to her roommate letting her know that she had just been contacted by SM.
If Heather had not made that call, SM could have played down the subsequent cell phone calls saying that she kept calling and he finally answered and told her to quit calling. When he lied about those calls to LE, combined with the video of their vehicle that pretty much confirmed his involvement and gave LE enough to get the search warrant for their home.

Yes Melodyl! They must have needed a fresh pair of shorts when they found out HE made that call to her roommate! It is always good, when a criminal thinks they are smarter than everyone else. I hope they have a strong case, poor kid.

Hi all, just doing my daily check on things. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with how they would even begin to check a landfill? I remember that young wife that was murdered and her husband eventually confessed and told them she was in the trash. It seems they had an idea of where the trash would have been put on a specific day in that landfill. I do not know if Horry County keeps those kind of records. Is that some kind of requirement for a landfill? Would the police have already looked at where the trash was taken that day, from say the places that SM claimed to be during his IE confession. Would LE have thought that far ahead, assuming they did not think HE was dead at that point?

Also wondering if they have video of the M's coming and going from their house that day, before the police discovered HE's car. Wonder if they might have any incriminating purchases of say cleaning supplies. This gag is a serious bummer.

Hi all, just doing my daily check on things. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with how they would even begin to check a landfill? I remember that young wife that was murdered and her husband eventually confessed and told them she was in the trash. It seems they had an idea of where the trash would have been put on a specific day in that landfill. I do not know if Horry County keeps those kind of records. Is that some kind of requirement for a landfill? Would the police have already looked at where the trash was taken that day, from say the places that SM claimed to be during his IE confession. Would LE have thought that far ahead, assuming they did not think HE was dead at that point?

Also wondering if they have video of the M's coming and going from their house that day, before the police discovered HE's car. Wonder if they might have any incriminating purchases of say cleaning supplies. This gag is a serious bummer.

Maybe you are referring to Lori Hacking. Her husband murdered her and disposed of her in a landfill.
From what Ive read most all landfills mark the areas by days trash was collected.

Maybe you are referring to Lori Hacking. Her husband murdered her and disposed of her in a landfill.
From what Ive read most all landfills mark the areas by days trash was collected.

YES Cherie! Thank you! I was talking about Lori Hacking, sad story. My memory does not always keep complete thoughts, sometimes only small pieces. I hope they did not put HE in with the trash. But I put nothing past these two, at this point. It would seem however, that if LE had come to this conclusion-the landfills would have been already searched. I wonder if I can find a pickup schedule for the trash in the areas near the IE charges. I will look. :seeya:

Well there are several dumpsters at the Conway IE, they seem to be easily approached-as in not locked behind a gate. But I have had zero luck trying to find trash removal schedule. It is waste management systems, conway. But can't find the days..any ideas? It would seem, that they would want to use dumpsters that would have a pu time, close to when they placed whatever in the containers? Maybe they didn't plan this aspect, but the longer it was uncollected, more chance to have it discovered?

There are small 'dumps' all over Horry County. Trash service here is a 'pay for service' and not something that's included in taxes or anything like most places up north. There's a trash dump right near my house. I can take my trash there (or metal, or paper, or bags of debris) and drop them there during the hours that they are open - and there's no way anyone would know what was in the 'trash bag' I throw into the dumpster (that then immediately smashes the bags together.

I would think, however, that a decomposing body would start to smell at some point and that might be quite noticeable at a place like that? If double bagged in contractor bags - could that hold the smell in enough to keep it noticeable amongst lots of other 'trash' smells?

Heather Elvis' murder is reminiscent of the Billy Smolinski(CT) murder, imo. Until the innocent victim's remains are located and properly laid to rest, the family, friends, and loved ones can never begin the healing process. It is imperative that HE's remains be located, imo...

In the following case of Michelle Haggadone; The I-20 Girl/SC, who received minimal MSM attention and awareness, remains were located, yet her murderer was never brought to justice. MH's investigative file sat inside a file cabinet collecting dust for over 14 years although there was a confession in her case..

Part 2 - WIS TV Investigative Report - The I-20 Girl
http://www.wistv.com/story/25429758...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Heather Elvis' murder is reminiscent of the Billy Smolinski(CT) murder, imo. Until the innocent victim's remains are located and properly laid to rest, the family, friends, and loved ones can never begin the healing process. It is imperative that HE's remains be located, imo...

In the following case of Michelle Haggadone; The I-20 Girl/SC, who received minimal MSM attention and awareness, remains were located, yet her murderer was never brought to justice. MH's investigative file sat inside a file cabinet collecting dust for over 14 years although there was a confession in her case..

http://www.wistv.com/story/25429758...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Wow Foxfire, that is a scary story. LE really dropped the ball there, it really makes you think about where a murder happens and what kind of training/experience different places have when dealing with them. I hope that HE's case is being handled by knowledgeable investigators. I have lived in the MB area for twenty years. They seem to be a competent group, they have arrested the M's. Which is more than the Darlington case ever got. If they could just find the body.

There are small 'dumps' all over Horry County. Trash service here is a 'pay for service' and not something that's included in taxes or anything like most places up north. There's a trash dump right near my house. I can take my trash there (or metal, or paper, or bags of debris) and drop them there during the hours that they are open - and there's no way anyone would know what was in the 'trash bag' I throw into the dumpster (that then immediately smashes the bags together.

I would think, however, that a decomposing body would start to smell at some point and that might be quite noticeable at a place like that? If double bagged in contractor bags - could that hold the smell in enough to keep it noticeable amongst lots of other 'trash' smells?

Hey Hoppy, yes I was afraid of that too. The small dumps are everywhere, I was hoping that maybe if they placed HE's remains in a dumpster, that had an official service-like maybe Broadway might have? That there would be some record keeping. Grasping for a straw or two... Ugh. The uphill nature of this, it is disheartening.

Hi Foxfire, I was looking for info on Smolinski-there is surprisingly little. Do you have a good link? It says they agree he is dead..is that bc of lack of proof he is alive? I hope that HE's family doesn't have to go a decade or more. Ugh.

Hi Foxfire, I was looking for info on Smolinski-there is surprisingly little. Do you have a good link? It says they agree he is dead..is that bc of lack of proof he is alive? I hope that HE's family doesn't have to go a decade or more. Ugh.

4evernbluejeans, I had the honor of meeting Jan & Bill Smolinski Sr., at a CUE Missing Person Conference a few years ago in NC.. Billy will be missing for 10 years this August. They are very persistent in their search for Billy, and have pushed for legislation to get Billy's Law Passed;
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/23/nation/la-na-missing24-2010feb24

SHATTERED - "The Seven Year Search For Billy Smolinski Jr."...
Friday 08/12/2011 3PM est

http://waterburyobserver.org/node/402
__

Websleuths Billy Smolinski thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89535&highlight=billy+smolinski

Hi all! I have been trying with no luck to find out if the house that TMs parents currently own, is the house she grew up in? I have only been able to track the property ownership back to 03. I was thinking, Tammy is of the age when kids were sent outside to play (me too) the PTL would have been right there. Walking, playing and riding bikes in an area, can give you secret knowledge of places to hide and stash things. I have tried the county tax records and a couple of other places with no luck? Any ideas? WHERE IS HEATHER?? Enough already!

Hi all! I have been trying with no luck to find out if the house that TMs parents currently own, is the house she grew up in? I have only been able to track the property ownership back to 03. I was thinking, Tammy is of the age when kids were sent outside to play (me too) the PTL would have been right there. Walking, playing and riding bikes in an area, can give you secret knowledge of places to hide and stash things. I have tried the county tax records and a couple of other places with no luck? Any ideas? WHERE IS HEATHER?? Enough already!

I played outside a lot too, actuallyi never wanted to go in! You're right, there were hundreds of places that we kids went to that adults would never know about. Underground forts built in the woods were our favorite but the thought scares me to death now that I know about trench collapses. Thankfully nothing ever happened. Anyway to get to your question, the only thing I can think of is a title search but that costs money if you're not the owner. Here in MD there are a criteria of exemptions from payment but that's still for the property owner. Maybe someone in the state office might be willing to help get that info knowing the circumstances behind your reason for needing it? I worked for my local government for many years and I would help out people with certain issues when I could.

Hope you are having a great day.

This applies to anywhere she might have lived in the area. She went to Socastee High school, so she had to have lived somewhere nearby. Even if things were not hidden at PTL, there would be plenty of other places that anything (including a body) could be hidden if you know the area well. I lived in a well wooded area as a teenager, and there were places where treehouses were hidden that you couldn't find unless you knew they were there, bush houses (where we'd hollow out centers of bush clusters), and a lot of places people just didn't go. Socastee has rivers, marshes, quarries, etc besides all that, so there is no lack of places to hide anything. It's a good point to hope LE would be searching around any other houses that TM ever lived in.

According to Realtor.com the home was built in 1992.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/8796-Highway-814_Myrtle-Beach_SC_29588_M58312-94197

Hmm that is interesting Sparky. That means that TM probably lived in another house, as a child. It could have been right in that area, or on the same land. Her father worked for Owens Steel. That is on Seaboard St. in MB, not far from. Broadway. I moved to MB in 1995, it is a different place now. TM lived here when it was a ghost town outside of tourist season and before it was so built up. If this was indeed planned out, the possibilities are just endless.

💐💐 Happy Mothers Day to all of you who have children 💐💐

I am so appreciative that my kids are happy and safe. My heart goes out to Debbie Elvis on this day. It must be a particularly upsetting day for her. I so hope Heather can be found soon and given back to her family and that the person/s responsible will pay by having their freedom taken away from them as they did to young Heather.

Thanks foxfire! In your link it states that the location of the body is on a private hunting area that is difficult to access by car...
I wonder how else they would have gotten the body there - difficult is not impossible.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDBirch
Back