Votes: 78 20.9%
  • Laying in woods

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Where TM could watch the site

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • hurts my heart; but, a landfill

Votes: 35 9.4%

• Total voters
Not to throw water on a new theory, but just jumping off this idea of a sex traffic ring. I wonder how LE would know Heather was deceased (and be able to convince the Solicitor and the GJ to indict for murder and continue to hold them in jail) if she had actually been handed off (or sold) to some sex ring? There's some kind of DNA that exists and other information we don't know about--things that allowed Horry County to charge them with murder. They would have been charged with kidnapping and prostitution or trafficking. They are charged with murder, both of them.

I know and the facts you state grieve me. I don't disagree with you, I just don't think all hope will be extinguished in my heart until she is found. As unlikely as the sex trafficking thing is, it's not impossible in my mind.

I certainly do understand the need for hope. I'm a pragmatic realist so I know the odds here. For a murder 1 charge to be handed down that means there is evidence of a murder.

The GJ would not indict on only a missing person--they would require some kind of evidence or proof that a murder actually occurred to unanimously pass a true bill. On top of that, Heather's parents were told their daughter is deceased. I can't imagine any LE jurisdiction merely guessing on this and the Solicitor and GJ backing that up and making arrests based only on some educated guesses.

Sadly, I think this case is exactly how it appears: the M's killed Heather that early morning of 12/18/13 and did something with her body. Enough evidence was left to convince authorities a murder did occur and enough probable cause existed for authorities to tie both M's to that murder and hold them on kidnapping and murder charges.

I hope no one takes this as me being snarky, but I think the fact that a lot of people thinking she was thrown in a body of water---means she wasn't. TM and SM knew this is where everyone's mind would first go and put some thought into how they would "dispose" of HE. (I hate even saying that. It sounds so vile.) While I don't think the firepit needs to be examined, I do believe we will find our answer in ash. :/ that's how I interpret TM's complacent attitude. She KNOWS without a shadow of a doubt heather will never be found. And there's only one way one could be positive of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the lack of a body points to any hope that Heather is alive. I believe the Moorer's put thought and effort into the manner and location of disposal of Heather's remains to ensure they're never found.

So far, that's worked well for them.

I certainly do understand the need for hope. I'm a pragmatic realist so I know the odds here. For a murder 1 charge to be handed down that means there is evidence of a murder.

The GJ would not indict on only a missing person--they would require some kind of evidence or proof that a murder actually occurred to unanimously pass a true bill. On top of that, Heather's parents were told their daughter is deceased. I can't imagine any LE jurisdiction merely guessing on this and the Solicitor and GJ backing that up and making arrests based only on some educated guesses.

Sadly, I think this case is exactly how it appears: the M's killed Heather that early morning of 12/18/13 and did something with her body. Enough evidence was left to convince authorities a murder did occur and enough probable cause existed for authorities to tie both M's to that murder and hold them on kidnapping and murder charges.
100% agree. I doubt LE would go this far, only to have the case thrown out due to lack of evidence. Too risky for a chance of these two walking away and using the double jeopardy thing to go on with their lives.

I love to keep hope alive, but unfortunately I also believe that the Moorer's planned and plotted out every intricate detail of this crime and that the place they put Heather was chosen so that she would never be found. Luckily, their arrogance caused them to make mistakes that led LE to their doorstep. I do still hope that one will turn on the other and reveal where Heather is once they are fully aware of the evidence that the State has against them.

I don't think the lack of a body points to any hope that Heather is alive. I believe the Moorer's put thought and effort into the manner and location of disposal of Heather's remains to ensure they're never found.

So far, that's worked well for them.

I'm in 100% agreement. SM & TM went to PTL with one thing in mind & that was to kill Heather. They also had a plan of where to dispose of her body and that is her final resting place. I don't believe they put her in the water. They took her somewhere that she will probably never be found-unless one of them admits to it. And that isn't likely. The luring her out of her home, killing her and the disposal was all planned. MHOO.

Fortunately their plan did not prevent them from being caught and charged with first degree murder. It is definitely possible to be convicted of murder even if a body hasn't been found. If the state has enough circumstantial evidence, that's all it takes.

I hope no one takes this as me being snarky, but I think the fact that a lot of people thinking she was thrown in a body of water---means she wasn't. TM and SM knew this is where everyone's mind would first go and put some thought into how they would "dispose" of HE. (I hate even saying that. It sounds so vile.) While I don't think the firepit needs to be examined, I do believe we will find our answer in ash. :/ that's how I interpret TM's complacent attitude. She KNOWS without a shadow of a doubt heather will never be found. And there's only one way one could be positive of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM As much as it sickens me to say it, I think the disposal of her remains was even more gruesome than a fire. I just hope LE has found evidence that conclusively connects them to the disposal and not a third party.

I just can't understand where Heather is. It hurts my brain to think about it. I have to agree that if it were me, committing the crime, I would know better than to dispose of the body in the water, right there where her car was. You might as well leave a big, flashing sign, pointing right to her. But if they took her away from the Landing, doesn't it seem like a camera, somewhere along the way, would have picked up their uncharacteristic travel? I don't suspect they ever imagined there would be a camera, let alone two, that would film them on Mill Pond Rd. or Hwy 814. Those are narrow, rural roads; the embodiment of the definition of "back-roads." So, where else might they not have anticipated being filmed? I don't feel like they are geniuses, by an stretch, but I doubt they're both complete morons, either. I keep thinking they wouldn't be dumb enough to leave her body in the water, but then I remind myself they were dumb enough to kill her. Aaaaaah!!! Brain pain. :banghead:

I just can't understand where Heather is. It hurts my brain to think about it. I have to agree that if it were me, committing the crime, I would know better than to dispose of the body in the water, right there where her car was. You might as well leave a big, flashing sign, pointing right to her. But if they took her away from the Landing, doesn't it seem like a camera, somewhere along the way, would have picked up their uncharacteristic travel? I don't suspect they ever imagined there would be a camera, let alone two, that would film them on Mill Pond Rd. or Hwy 814. Those are narrow, rural roads; the embodiment of the definition of "back-roads." So, where else might they not have anticipated being filmed? I don't feel like they are geniuses, by an stretch, but I doubt they're both complete morons, either. I keep thinking they wouldn't be dumb enough to leave her body in the water, but then I remind myself they were dumb enough to kill her. Aaaaaah!!! Brain pain. :banghead:
I think that unless surveillance tapes were confiscated by LE in a 10 mile radius of PTL (to determine which direction the Moorer's traveled after PTL) the discovery of HE's body will be by happenstance. Has there been any searches in landfills?
I pray for closure for the Elvis family and that is about the most one can do considering the current circumstances.

To my knowledge there have been no searches in landfills. Private citizens would not be able or allowed to search landfills -- that would be for LE and their related organizations.

BTW, I saw on one facebook posting a note from either the mayor's office or the Horry County LE office about private searches that have been taking place. They said they have no problem with that as long as people are respectful and follow the laws. So far they've not had any problems with private searches that have taken place in the months since Heather went missing. And yes, there have been various searches from time to time, coordinated perhaps through the Find Heather Elvis folks. Hopefully that will put that argument to rest (that there haven't been any searches). Those who are members of various Find Heather groups through social media are probably the ones who are seeing publication of any search effort plans. Social media is where these things tend to be publicized.

LE is not going to just search willy nilly without some good info on where they should focus their search efforts. They've said this also in their public FB postings. They don't have enough personpower or funds to cover every square inch of Horry County. And the Elvis case is not their only crime case or even the only missing person case.

LE is not going to just search willy nilly without some good info on where they should focus their search efforts. They've said this also in their public FB postings. They don't have enough personpower or funds to cover every square inch of Horry County. And the Elvis case is not their only crime case or even the only missing person case.

Snipped respectfully.

I flew in to MYR the other day. Soooo much land. So many wooded areas. I looked out the window and talked to God and Heather the entire time. It really made me realize that they're looking for a needle in a haystack.

Yes it really is like that. And to put it in perspective, think of the Malaysian airliner flight that went missing. Think of the size of that plane. Even with all the technology available they still can't find it and their area had narrowed considerably.

Not every body gets found. I don't claim to know why the universe allows this, but it does happen and there's the potential in not only this case, but any missing person case. At least in this particular case there's been an arrest, so there is evidence. That's much more than many other people get for their missing person cases.

I think that unless surveillance tapes were confiscated by LE in a 10 mile radius of PTL (to determine which direction the Moorer's traveled after PTL) the discovery of HE's body will be by happenstance. Has there been any searches in landfills?
I pray for closure for the Elvis family and that is about the most one can do considering the current circumstances.

I was thinking in the same line about the surveillance tapes. I wonder if they checked any to see where they may have traveled the morning and day and day after she disappeared. That could be one of the biggest clues. I myself believe that they got rid of the body fast and she was placed in a dumpster in an area where they both knew about. The landfills should have been checked. She could have been concealed in a heavy construction bag and no one would have known any better.

I'd be very surprised if LE didn't check videos in the area. I mean, we know they did check videos because they got the 2 private ones showing the M's vehicle going to and from PTL and those video images were sent off to be enhanced. And we also know they checked video for the I.E. charges. So yes, they did check videos. If they had seen something they would have followed up on it. My gut feeling is that she's either in a body of water or has been buried in a shallow grave or otherwise covered up with brush and leaves and debri, out in a very wooded or dense area, somewhere within a 20 mi radius of where they live.

Remember little Caylee Anthony was less than 2 mi from her home. People really don't want to hang on to bodies if they have a choice. Well, people like serial killers and canibalists, maybe, but the M's don't fit into that category.

I was thinking in the same line about the surveillance tapes. I wonder if they checked any to see where they may have traveled the morning and day and day after she disappeared. That could be one of the biggest clues. I myself believe that they got rid of the body fast and she was placed in a dumpster in an area where they both knew about. The landfills should have been checked. She could have been concealed in a heavy construction bag and no one would have known any better.

I feel certain LE checked all available CCameras. just moo.
Imo the M's every phone call and every move was carefully watched.
I agree with you about the landfills.

I said way back in the thread that I felt like SM knew of places to dump debris due to his job. My son is a building contractor and he has two places he takes debris. Since he's charged by the load, there is a record of it.

Apologies in advance... As I wasn't certain which thread to place this question...

(and since this was the first thread I could find for Heather and the Moores...)

I have on my WS Calendar that Tammy and Sidney are to appear in court today, Friday, May 2nd, for Obstruction of Justice, and Indecent Exposure charges...

Have these been rolled into the multiple charges since this hearing date was first announced?

TIA... :seeya:

I love to keep hope alive, but unfortunately I also believe that the Moorer's planned and plotted out every intricate detail of this crime and that the place they put Heather was chosen so that she would never be found. Luckily, their arrogance caused them to make mistakes that led LE to their doorstep. I do still hope that one will turn on the other and reveal where Heather is once they are fully aware of the evidence that the State has against them.

The plan, the plan, the plan. Okay so most of us on WS probably love true crime on TV. As one of those people, I would say around the time of Jon Bennet, it occurred to me-that I would not talk to LE without my lawyer present. I do not commit crimes, it is just my thought process. So SM actually went and sat down with LE to answer questions, without a lawyer. Why? I think that maybe, their plan started to fall apart fast. When LE showed up at their door, right away. But obviously TM was so SURE they would find nothing in their house, she let LE in to search. Did they have a warrant? Bc TM in her FB statement makes it seem like-it was her choice. Why would she let SM the weakest link in this, go answer questions? Could they have placed HE's body in numerous dumpsters, say one at Broadway at the beach, one in Conway? Just about every gas station has a dumpster also, there are dozens of them between these two places where the supposed IE charges happened. Did TM feel the need to explain why they might have been at these places, so she sent SM?
IMO TM, did not plan on TE. She thought she was getting rid of a "psycho *advertiser censored*" that worked at the TK. Not someone's precious daughter. MB is transient, a lot of kids come and work at restaurants for a few months then leave. Would the M's have known that HE's car was in TE's name, that he had a key and the police would first contact him? I don't think TM realized the effect this local girls disappearance would have. I think the uproar unglued their plan, I hope enough for a conviction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back