Where is Madeleine? Where is she? - THREAD No. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Shazza!!!

Nice to see you :blowkiss:

Here is a bit more on the Australian sighting:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23388885-5001021,00.html

(picture in that story)

Hi colomom, nice to see you too, its been a while:blowkiss: .

Thanks for the link, as others have said she does look a little smaller than Madelaine.

I cannot believe it was the beret the guy was wearing that made them look suspicious, grasping at straws now.

I have backed off this thread for a while, still read all the time but imo it is no closer to finding Madelaine than it was when she first disappeared.

Thanks for the picture, colomom! I wonder why that person drew attention? Was it just the way he was dressed or something he said to the child? She actually seems a little small to be Madeleine, but it's hard to tell.

Found this today:

AussieMaddie.jpg

That little girl does not look a thing like Madeleine!! Not even close :rolleyes:

Found this today:

AussieMaddie.jpg

That little girl does not a thing like Madeleine!! Not even close :rolleyes:

This young girl looks nothing like Madeline. These "sightings" would make me nervous if I happened to have a young girl that age.

It makes me sad that every time they see a dark-skinned man holding a blonde child, someone calls the police! :mad: My father had a dark tan all year round, but my sister and I are fair-skinned like our mother - that doesn't mean we aren't related! They need to study their genetics, I think.

I' m afraid that every blond child around the ages of 4-7 is going to be suspect for many months and years to come.

Particularly if they are with a parent who does not look the same.

KATE AND GERRY MCCANN: SORRY

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/38490/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-Sorry

The Daily Express today takes the unprecedented step of making a front-page apology to Kate and Gerry McCann.

We acknowledge that there is no evidence
whatsoever to support this theory and that Kate and Gerry are completely innocent of any involvement in their daughter's disappearance.

As an expression of its regret, the Daily Express has now paid a very substantial sum into the Madeleine Fund and we promise to do all in our power to help efforts to find her.

Kate and Gerry, we are truly sorry to have added to your distress.
About time IMO. I hope others have the guts....or rather fear of being sued to do the same.

The Daily Express today takes the unprecedented step of making a front-page apology to Kate and Gerry McCann.

whatsoever to support this theory and that Kate and Gerry are completely innocent of any involvement in their daughter's disappearance.

As an expression of its regret, the Daily Express has now paid a very substantial sum into the Madeleine Fund and we promise to do all in our power to help efforts to find her.

About time IMO. I hope others have the guts....or rather fear of being sued to do the same.

Hi April,

There is alot more to this than meets the eye, it is not as simple as that article makes it seem.

This changes things - but not for the better for Clarence or the McCanns.
Clarence will now lose a lot of the pull he has had with the press - and the Mccanns are on the 'get revenge' list.
In the meantime the PJ are still ready to question them all. (thanks chrish)

And, BTW, since this entry does not really speak to where Madeleine is, wouldn't it be better placed in the General Discussion thread? Just asking.

(That said I have posted more on this story in the General Discussion thread)

Hi everyone. Is there somewhere I can go to get all the details on this case and investigation?? The parents' website didnt say anything good at all.
Thanks

Hi April,

There is alot more to this than meets the eye, it is not as simple as that article makes it seem.

This changes things - but not for the better for Clarence or the McCanns.
Clarence will now lose a lot of the pull he has had with the press - and the Mccanns are on the 'get revenge' list.
In the meantime the PJ are still ready to question them all. (thanks chrish)

And, BTW, since this entry does not really speak to where Madeleine is, wouldn't it be better placed in the General Discussion thread? Just asking.

(That said I have posted more on this story in the General Discussion thread)
Colomom if it changes things for the truth then I'm all for it. :)

As for Clarence having had pull with the press. Are you kidding? :rolleyes: Did you read the 100plus articles?

As for the questions...the sooner the better.:)

For the paper to acknowledge that "there is no evidence, whatsoever" seems weird to me. After all, the McCanns have been named prime evidence. That means there is some evidence. Maybe not enough for charges/conviction, but there has to be something.......

Salem

For the paper to acknowledge that "there is no evidence, whatsoever" seems weird to me. After all, the McCanns have been named prime evidence. That means there is some evidence. Maybe not enough for charges/conviction, but there has to be something.......

Salem

Absolutely right Salem. The paper cannot make such a statement as they are not privy to the police investigation.

And they KNOW it, and so do we ;)

Salem
Salem the Portuguese police did not need any "evidence" against the McCanns at the time they named them arguedos. The law has changed since then and they would need "evidence" today. They may have had "suspicion" simply because the McCanns were the last people with Madeleine...even though thats not surprising as her parents.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=500111&in_page_id=1770

The Attorney General of Portugal has also admitted that he does not know whether the McCanns would have been made suspects in light of the new penal code which came into force on September 15 - eight days after the parents were made arguidos.
Previously the police did not need to provide any evidence to justify their suspicions, but this has now changed under the new penal code.
Attorney General, Fernando Pinto Monteiro said: "The law did not demand justified suspicions at the time in which they were made 'arguidos'.
"I do not know if they would be in light of the new code."
Pinto de Abreu spoke out. He said: "After September 15, a new procedural penal code was introduced making it necessary for there to be evidence against the citizen to make him an arguido.
"Before September 15, it wasn't necessary. You could be made an arguido without any suspicions or evidence against you.
"Now to constitute anybody as an arguido it is necessary to have evidence in the file.
"That's why the national public prosecutor said that if this inquiry was launched now, maybe they would not have been made arguidos.
"Maybe that's why the inquiry happened then, why they were made arguidos eight days before the new laws came in." When Dr Carlos was asked whether he thought police acted deliberately as they knew the new law was coming in, he added: "I don't know if that's true, but yes, it's possible."
Salem the only reason the press settled out of court was because they new they couldn't back up any of the rumours, smears and nasty lies they printed....Sold their souls for sales. IMO

I haven't read up on this case for a while.

Have the McCanns been officially cleared as suspects or not?

I haven't read up on this case for a while.

Have the McCanns been officially cleared as suspects or not?
rashomon the McCanns are still arguedos. But at the time they were made arguedos the Portuguese police did not need any "evidence" against them. Suspicion was enough. The Portuguese arguedo law has been changed since then. They can't make somone an arguedo now without "evidence."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

This article explains the changes and when it came into effect of Portugals new arguedo law.

rashomon the McCanns are still arguedos. But at the time they were made arguedos the Portuguese police did not need any "evidence" against them. Suspicion was enough. The Portuguese arguedo law has been changed since then. They can't make somone an arguedo now without "evidence."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

This article explains the changes and when it came into effect of Portugals new arguedo law.

So the PJ were only "suspicious" of the McCanns, is that right?

From: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/12/nosplit/nmaddy712.xml

"The 4,000 page dossier sent to the public prosecutor relies heavily on forensic results which police claim prove Madeleine’s DNA was found in the car hired by the McCanns 25 days after she went missing."

4000 pages of suspicions? I think not.

From: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/12/nosplit/nmaddy712.xml

"The 4,000 page dossier sent to the public prosecutor relies heavily on forensic results which police claim prove Madeleine’s DNA was found in the car hired by the McCanns 25 days after she went missing."

Yes colomom suspicions. The Judge doesn't appear to have been impressed with the 4000 pages. As for Madeleines DNA...it would have been found in the car...all her belongings were there:waitasec: . If there was DNA from a dead Madeleine you can be sure the PJ would have leaked it and probably arrested the McCanns by now.
If there was anything of substance...."evidence" in the "dossier" I doubt the PJ would have allowed the McCanns to leave Portugal in the first place. They could have requested the Judge to refuse them permission to leave.
And if they now have DNA from a dead Madeleine why haven't they presented a further dossier to the Judge?

I think not also Colomon. I believe they have a lot more than they are saying!

Yes colomom suspicions. The Judge doesn't appear to have been impressed with the 4000 pages. As for Madeleines DNA...it would have been found in the car...all her belongings were there:waitasec: . If there was DNA from a dead Madeleine you can be sure the PJ would have leaked it and probably arrested the McCanns by now.
If there was anything of substance...."evidence" in the "dossier" I doubt the PJ would have allowed the McCanns to leave Portugal in the first place. They could have requested the Judge to refuse them permission to leave.
And if they now have DNA from a dead Madeleine why haven't they presented a further dossier to the Judge?

Sorry April, not buying it.

I read the articles that reported a 100% match to Madeleine's DNA. I believe the alerts of the dogs. The "evidence" of a cover up FAR outweighs the "evidence" of an abduction, IMO. If the judge was not "impressed" as you put it, the McCanns would have been released from their arguido status. 4000 pages of nothing, are you serious? 100 pages maybe but not 4000! Why haven't they been released from their arguido status? It works both ways.

You and I have NO IDEA how and why the PJ have conducted the investigation the way they have.

It is still a matter of time.....

Sorry April, not buying it.

I read the articles that reported a 100% match to Madeleine's DNA. I believe the alerts of the dogs. The "evidence" of a cover up FAR outweighs the "evidence" of an abduction, IMO. If the judge was not "impressed" as you put it, the McCanns would have been released from their arguido status. 4000 pages of nothing, are you serious? 100 pages maybe but not 4000! Why haven't they been released from their arguido status? It works both ways.

You and I have NO IDEA how and why the PJ have conducted the investigation the way they have.

It is still a matter of time.....

ITA Colomon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads