Which Specific Aspect of this ENTIRE Case Keeps You Drawn IN???

Just when you think it can't get any more bizarre ,it does.

Caylee. That beautiful little girl singing and talking to papa, and the fact that somehow she was murdered by someone who knew her well enough to wrap her in a Winnie the Pooh blanket and stick a heart on her duct taped lips.

and what a puzzle it is.

For reporters, this case has everything they could ever hope for. Drama, drama, and more drama!

ITA...What will Nancy Grace do when this is over???? IMO she doesn't need to worry for quite a while.

I should say it is the atrocity of a mother who could kill her own child. I should say it is the opportunity to sleuth out the different angles. I should say it is the need to see justice done.

But if I am real honest, in this case it is the circus. Where science is denied, evidence refused to be acknowleged, claims are made but can't be proven. I've followed some bizarre ones, some pathetic ones, some strange ones, some horrible ones. But this one seems diffent, more intense, more of a circus like atmosphere, where the impossible is impossible but much effort is expended to prove it is possible. Where the truth is bypassed and magician's illusions are used to try to hide reality.

And where the family has joined in to maintain the illusions set up by the primary.

Its the "puzzle" -trying to figure out how all the pieces and all the players fit together. What drew me in is I have pics of my daughter at Caylee's age and some of the ones we have seen - they could have been twins!!!! I saw those and I was hooked.

But aspect is definitely the whodunit puzzle and the crazy roller coaster ride.

Thanks for writing my response for me. All I'll add is me too!

Seriously, for me, it's the 31 days. How could you not tell anyone, how could you act normal, what was she doing during that time but most importantly....why?

What keeps me interested is the absolute need to know the WHY and the HOW
I still have a part of me that feels that this was something other than premed murder.

I also cant stand not knowing things, I need to know so I can reconcile it all in my mind

Thanks for writing that. You said what I probably would have never been able to put in words as that is where I am also. I see where people say she is a sociopath and we will never know because we can't think like her. Even though my rational part understands I am still unable to truly get what it even means. I try to think like that it is almost as if I am trying to learn a foreign language with one day to master it in. Here it is six months later and I still can't comprehend it. Somewhere along the way I fell in love with little Caylee too. I have a a 3 year old grandaughter who is a week younger than Caylee and I think there was a little bit of me identifying through that as well. She is quite a hand full but I honestly can tell you she has never even made me mad. She usually has me laughing with her sassy attitude. She thinks I am the greatest too and to imagine life without her sends me to places I can't stay in but a minute.

I have always had been fascinated by crime and why people commit them. Even after all of these years I am still unable to tell you I understand what motivates these crimes. I am always thinking things like this - If KC wanted a life of fun why would she kill her daughter when even a first grader knows you will go to jail the rest of your like. Where is the fun in that? Surely she is smart enough to know the story she came up with is well in my opinion is just about the stupidest lame story she could have came up with. It ranks right up there with the dog ate my homework or those aren't my cigarettes they are my friends. Are sociopaths devoid of common sense or something? Do they not have any reasoning skills? Was KC not exposed to TV, the news, movies and books to know that this story was never going to work. In the books I read the sociopaths are usually depicted as being very clever. Is KC what you would call a sociopath who just isn't very good at it?

I have to agree on the psychological aspect of the case. Trying to understand what is behind the odd behavior of this family boggles the mind. So many questions that have no sound answer or reason.

Another reason this case has kept my attention is the reminder that I have right in front of me everyday- my beautiful little three-year-old girl that I cherish with all of my being. I look at her and I see innocence and pure love. This is what binds so many of the members here. The love of an innocent beautiful child. The need to do right by little Caylee.

Item:
My Dad's a cop, my Mom's a nurse. I have a cool big brother, a dog and I live in Florida the land of mickey mouse and enternal sunshine. I obviously don't have a single 'fat gene' in my body. I'm fairly cute, I'm probably just a little above average intelligence. I'm white, I'm blue eyed, and I'm an all american girl...

From all outward appearences I'm the just slightly above average A-typical American girl living the American dream....what went wrong?

When things can go so far south in a family that looks the way this one does it's almost a matter of what the heck chance do families that are in no way, seemingly this typical?

It's a mystery, and who among us doesn't love a mystery?

We can look at people that were abandoned, beaten, molested, and actually worse and see why they may do horrible things. NOt an excuse, but we can find some kind of reason.

This woman, I won't call her a girl, defys all conventional logic. We want to find logic where there is none...

WTH?????

The moment I heard 31 days I was drawn in even though I knew the outcome. Mostly seeing the animated, expressive, adorable little girl at the center of it all named Caylee. She reminds me so much of my own daughter at that age in looks and personality. I want to know what happened to her because she captured my heart. The lies, the media *advertiser censored* and opportunists that have attached themselves to this case makes it difficult to walk away or even take a breather from the case. I have always followed true crime but I have NEVER seen the likes of this and hope to never again.

I should say it is the atrocity of a mother who could kill her own child. I should say it is the opportunity to sleuth out the different angles. I should say it is the need to see justice done.

But if I am real honest, in this case it is the circus. Where science is denied, evidence refused to be acknowleged, claims are made but can't be proven. I've followed some bizarre ones, some pathetic ones, some strange ones, some horrible ones. But this one seems diffent, more intense, more of a circus like atmosphere, where the impossible is impossible but much effort is expended to prove it is possible. Where the truth is bypassed and magician's illusions are used to try to hide reality.

And where the family has joined in to maintain the illusions set up by the primary.

I am impressed!!!!!!!! So well said, and you have captured the very essence of this entire event. May I suggest if you have not already been published, that you consider doing so??? I'd buy it.

Yep, the 31 days and no telling ANYBODY, much less the Police... This is virtually unheard of, in my books! :confused:

JMO....

I think because I am the mother to a little girl (4 yrs old), and Caylee reminds me of my little one in their looks-brown hair, big hazel doe eyes. I had to do In-Vitro Fertilization to have my little sweet baby so it tears me up when I hear of people who treat children with so little regard. I was adopted as a 3 day old infant, so there again I can understand how wanted and loved I was and am by my parents. There are women who would give anything to become a mother and here we have KC who gets pregnant by "accident" and then does this to her wonderful gift from God-I just can't wrap my head around it-especially when everyday the story gets weirder and weirder. I would love if KC would just confess and then be interviewed extensively by a psychiatrist to try to "see" into the mind of a sociopath like her. Then again, we would never know if she were telling the truth!

Cindy, George, and Lee keep me involved. Caylee is in Heaven and Casey will more than likely get convicted, so I know their futures. I keep hoping that the family can survive. My prayers are with George and the family tonight.

I am impressed!!!!!!!! So well said, and you have captured the very essence of this entire event. May I suggest if you have not already been published, that you consider doing so??? I'd buy it.

I have to agree. You have the gift. I so admire people who can express theirself they way you did. If you have been published you should share it with us.

First, how sad it is that a mother would do this to her daughter. Second, Casey's defiance and completely implausible lies and denial. Third, my empathy for the horrible grief of the grandparents.

me too.

The first thing that drew me in was the 31 days. I stay glued to the case now because every time I turn around there is something bizarre going on.

I work with sociopaths.

I have seen some of your other posts. Would you either point me to your background or share. I am sure you have lots to add to this case. Have you ever seen anything like this?? Sadly, you probably have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back