Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

Cindy lied to try to save her daughter's life, and she's already lost her granddaughter. To charge her at this point comes under the heading of cruel and unusual punishment. JMO

At the very least, perjury should result in a termination of position, career and reputation. Baez should have checked her testimony before putting her on the stand ... particularly in light of the implications of the testimony (premeditated or accidental; death or life).
Oh I fully believe Gentiva will terminate Cindy and she will never work as a nurse again! She's trashed her nursing career by coming out publically and lying! Who would hire a nurse that confuses Chloroform with Chlorophyll and can't recognize a 7 mo. pregnant female??? At minimum she guilty of very poor judgement and shouldn't be trusted with medications...:snooty:

Cindy lied to try to save her daughter's life, and she's already lost her granddaughter. To charge her at this point comes under the heading of cruel and unusual punishment. JMO

CA has lied long before she knew Caylee was deceased. She obstructed justice and lied under oath.

Personally, believe she should be held accountable and charges be pressed. Don't care if she serves any jail time but she needs to be charged and convicted. Let her do community service for 30 days or something light. JMO

No, absolutely not. Her life is destroyed. Punishing her further would be a demonstration of complete lack of compassion. She loves her daughter unconditionally. And isn't that the point of this trial? That Casey did NOT care for her daughter in the same way.
So unconditional love means enabling them so that they feel entitled to get away with anything??? That's why we're here today. Sorry, I don't agree.:hand: My love for my daughter is Conditional- you murder, you lose my love!!!
Where the law allows for mercy/compassion is in the sentencing phase- that's where Cindy can plead for Casey's life.

No, absolutely not. Her life is destroyed. Punishing her further would be a demonstration of complete lack of compassion. She loves her daughter unconditionally. And isn't that the point of this trial? That Casey did NOT care for her daughter in the same way.

I agree. I'm not sure why we're still having this conversation, when the legal experts seem to agree that it's very difficult to prove perjury and it's extremely unlikely that the state will go after the grieving mother and grandmother. Many, many mothers have said they would lie to save their children, so I'm not sure why everyone seems bent on punishing Cindy Anthony.

She's mainly thinking about the book and the sales proceeds and a movie deal and the money from that.

How do you know? Is there any proof of this?

I agree. I'm not sure why we're still having this conversation, when the legal experts seem to agree that it's very difficult to prove perjury and it's extremely unlikely that the state will go after the grieving mother and grandmother. Many, many mothers have said they would lie to save their children, so I'm not sure why everyone seems bent on punishing Cindy Anthony.

How do you know? Is there any proof of this?

Yes, in one of CA depositions she admits that she has been told to keep a journal, which you can see that she is writing things down in court. At one time the A's admitted to being approached to write a book. I do not have a link but maybe someone else remembers, too, that this was discussed. It has been discussed here many, many times.

Not sure why anyone would be interested in buying a book that contained mistruths. I believe most people want to know what happened not what did not happen. jmo

Maybe because I am a mother who has lost a child, maybe because I am a grandmother who loves her grandchildren beyond the norm. Maybe because I have lived with someone who I have compromised my beliefs and actions to keep the peace or to keep our life on any kind of an even keel, my heart goes out to George and Cindy and I understand every single thing they have done.

Enabling your child to steal from the elderly, lie without consequence and covering for murder is not and never will be unconditional love. If anyone has failed society it is the parents of ICA.
It is not the parents fault. Why is it now days that everything is the parents fault? Casey did this as an adult not as a child. Had Casey been a minor sure it would have been the parents fault. Casey had been an adult for 5 years when She killed Caylee.She was not a child.

It is not the parents fault. Why is it now days that everything is the parents fault? Casey did this as an adult not as a child. Had Casey been a minor sure it would have been the parents fault. Casey had been an adult for 5 years when She killed Caylee.She was not a child.

I know she is not a child and needs to be held accountable..talk to her Mom as she is the one who has lied and obstructed justice to get her out of those consequences. ICA is obviously personality disordered and this did not happen in a vaccum...there were plenty of warning signs...and Mom and or Dad should have gotton psychiatric intervention in childhood.

Cindy should be charges with perjury and obstruction of justice because of her lies the jury has reasonable doubt that ICA killed her daughter read below from the huffpost aol news

Cindy Anthony later told jurors she discovered that the pool ladder had been left out when she returned home from work on June 16.
"I thought it was strange ... I called [my husband], George, at work to see if he had left the pool ladder up because I also noticed that the side gate was open," Anthony testified.

Exactly how I feel jeepgirlva.

I have tremendous sympathy for CA, as well as GA, yet I agree that she should be charged with perjury. Perhaps not thrown in jail with a lengthy sentence, but she should at least have to stand up in court and answer to the injustice she committed in her own granddaughter's murder trial. I totally "get" that she is worried that ICA will get the death penalty but, still, she did the wrong thing and she should be held accountable.

Maybe because I am a mother who has lost a child, maybe because I am a grandmother who loves her grandchildren beyond the norm. Maybe because I have lived with someone who I have compromised my beliefs and actions to keep the peace or to keep our life on any kind of an even keel, my heart goes out to George and Cindy and I understand every single thing they have done.
From one understanding heart to another " Thank You "

She has lost a granddaughter she loved dearly.
She has lost a daughter she loved dearly.
Her daughter will be convicted of murder.
Her once quiet, life will be forever a media circus.
The world will never desist judging her.
She has been proven to be a liar in front of the world.
She may have to watch the State kill her daughter.
She has and will continue to be vilified in the media and on chat boards everywhere.
She will probably never be able to work as a nurse again.

Punishment enough for the sin of trying to protect her family. Cindy is no angel, but she isn't the devil incarnate either. She's a MOTHER.

JMHO

I mean this in the nicest way:

Laws apply to all of us, including mothers.

(And no, I don't support the DP.)

Here is a classic MN & CA email exchange from 2010...She writes that John Morgan is "a slug and a sick drunk", and throws in a few zingers against MN, TM, and JA too.

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/0809_ExhibitC.pdf

Mark N's responses to her are straight up, and he does write that "it is apparent that you (CA) are lying or staying intentionally blind to the truth". This is her pattern, say or do something she does not like or doesn't serve her agenda and CA's gloves come off and her mouth starts running - a vicious and spitefull one at that.

What's a little thing like perjury to a woman who has no need for the truth?

I just read that file for the first time. Yeah, Tim Miller is such a media hound. /sarcasm:banghead:

I hope that I said this appropriately. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings or bash anyone's parenting skills. Realistically, I believe that the parents on this board would never be placed in CA's shoes.

I believe that CA should be held accountable for lying in court. Period.

REspectfully,
BeagleMom

Respectfully snipped.

I have a lot of the same feelings as your whole post stated.

Regarding what I bolded above, I have a friend whose son is currently in prison for murder. He and another young man were drunk and got in a fight over a girl, and my friend's son stabbed the other young man to death.

My friend wasn't in the position to have much to testify about, if anything, but to my knowledge, she didn't lie for her son to LE, or really to anyone else. She is basically a hermit now, rarely gets out, her health has taken a nose dive, etc. Her life as she knew it is destroyed, but she still loves her son very much. All of this I understand. Cindy Anthony, I do not understand.

I think she'd get laughed out of court if she did that. Not gonna fly so no reason to worry IMO. She could try fudge something else in a minor way or maybe not... She now knows that they're able and willing to expose her as a liar and might be advised to be more careful in the future. I think she might memorize her earlier responses and avoid answering anything that she doesn't have a memorized and lawyer-approved response to.

She'd be more careful in the future because they might expose her as a liar again? I sincerely doubt it since she has her attorney running from channel to channel still claiming she didn't lie.

Her usefulness to either defense or state is doubtful; how could either side predict what she might decide to say once they put her on the stand?

IMO, withholding prosecution for perjury because either side might need her future testimony is without merit. She is without value (and morals, too).

There is nothing, absolutely nothing that condones or excuses anyone who would willfully pervert justice. My feeling is that anyone, anyone who thinks otherwise has a character flaw.

I am not immune to suffering of having your granddaughter murdered, and your daughter on trial for that murder. One perjury, I can understand if a court out of compassion overlooks it, but that is not what is apparent with Cindy Anthony. She has lied throughout the course of this case.
Absolutely Cindy Anthony should be tried for perjury.

If it's okay for me to lie to save my child's life, then would it be worse to lie to save either of my parent's lives? And, talk about being close ~ my brother and sister are every bit as much a part of my family as my children are. Oh, and I can't forget my bff; she is almost closer to me than my real sister. My entire life would go right down the tubes forever if any of these people had a meltdown and did something as horrible as what Casey has done. So, it would be okay for me to lie for them?

What? Am I getting carried away? Are you sure it's me?

If it was okay for Cindy to lie in court then she shouldn't have had to take the oath.

I feel sorry for George, Cindy and Lee because their lives will never be the same. I'm sure they never saw this coming.

I do not really believe in the death penalty. I think LWOP is sufficient. It is not our place to make the ultimate judgement, only Gods. However the law in Florida currently supports the death penalty therefore, the law should be followed.

I understand Cindy's motivation to lie to protect her daughter from the death penalty. However, I STRONGLY believe Cindy should be punished for it. The justice system depends on the truth and nothing but the truth. How can we give a pass to every criminal's mother to blatantly lie to protect their offspring? I would think in most cases, the close family members are often witnesses. Are we just to expect that they are lying to protect their loved ones and look past it because they've already been punished enough by being related to a criminal? Of course not!

I feel like Cindy, Lee and George all lied and obstructed justice at one point or another trying to give answers they thought would NOT incriminate Casey. They did not interrogate her in the jailhouse the way someone who wants answers would. They did not want the truth then, and they do not want the truth now, because the truth is painful. They wasted resources, money and peoples good will. I think Cindy finally crossed the line on the stand and perjury is something that she can be convicted of. (The other stuff she did early on was annoying, frustrating, but not punishable).

If she had been nothing but helpful, and then just couldn't help herself on the stand and lied at the last minute, I might give her a pass. But, she lied, cleaned the crime scene, and accused everyone but her daughter from day one. Perjury was just another day in her life. Except this time it can be proven. I say they should do it.

I can still feel sorry for the Anthony's and the lives that they are left with. But choices we make in life have consequences.

I feel sorry for George, Cindy and Lee because their lives will never be the same. I'm sure they never saw this coming.

I do not really believe in the death penalty. I think LWOP is sufficient. It is not our place to make the ultimate judgement, only Gods. However the law in Florida currently supports the death penalty therefore, the law should be followed.

I understand Cindy's motivation to lie to protect her daughter from the death penalty. However, I STRONGLY believe Cindy should be punished for it. The justice system depends on the truth and nothing but the truth. How can we give a pass to every criminal's mother to blatantly lie to protect their offspring? I would think in most cases, the close family members are often witnesses. Are we just to expect that they are lying to protect their loved ones and look past it because they've already been punished enough by being related to a criminal? Of course not!

I feel like Cindy, Lee and George all lied and obstructed justice at one point or another trying to give answers they thought would NOT incriminate Casey. They did not interrogate her in the jailhouse the way someone who wants answers would. They did not want the truth then, and they do not want the truth now, because the truth is painful. They wasted resources, money and peoples good will. I think Cindy finally crossed the line on the stand and perjury is something that she can be convicted of. (The other stuff she did early on was annoying, frustrating, but not punishable).

If she had been nothing but helpful, and then just couldn't help herself on the stand and lied at the last minute, I might give her a pass. But, she lied, cleaned the crime scene, and accused everyone but her daughter from day one. Perjury was just another day in her life. Except this time it can be proven. I say they should do it.

I can still feel sorry for the Anthony's and the lives that they are left with. But choices we make in life have consequences.

Exactly. We have a daughter who lies, a mother who lies. The whole family sees nothing wrong with lying.

Can you imagine being a juror in a trial where everyone got up and lied on the stand? It would be utter chaos, and impossible to get to the truth.

People who think it is okay to lie for their child or any other member of their family are wrong-minded about it, and a threat to the very foundation of our justice system.

I would have to ask someone who thinks it is okay to lie to save a family member's life , what gives you the right to lie, to pervert justice?
Just who the *ell do you think you are, you there who thinks the law doesn't apply to you?

You want to think that way, then how would you feel if you were sitting in a courtroom because someone had killed your child, and their parent got up on the stand and lied for their child?

You gonna give 'em a free ride because it's okay to lie if you do it, so it's okay if everyone else does it?

BS, you'd never think that way, and you know it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back