Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

If the court is suddenly going to start taking a hardball approach to perjurers the place to begin is not with a grieving grandmother who has very publicly gone through three years of hell. It a matter of picking and choosing one's battles. Even if they won a perjury case against Cindy, they would lose in the court of public opinion. Most people don't hate Cindy like she is hated on this forum, they know only the woman who broke down on the stand.

Well, it is a battle that I would pick. Especially since it is so public.

As I recall the enforcement of drunk driving and seatbelt laws weren't very popular with the public either.

If the court is suddenly going to start taking a hardball approach to perjurers the place to begin is not with a grieving grandmother who has very publicly gone through three years of hell. It a matter of picking and choosing one's battles. Even if they won a perjury case against Cindy, they would lose in the court of public opinion. Most people don't hate Cindy like she is hated on this forum, they know only the woman who broke down on the stand.

Grieving or not she lied under oath and should be punished imo. Would help give grieving gramma's victims some closure.

The LE do not want to hurt the woman whose grandchild who she obviously loved was found in a swamp. Shes not right in the head and she never will be, nor would anyone who has ever experienced such a devastating loss like she has, unless we want to argue she isnt hurting over losing something so precious. There is no bouncing back from something like that, she has been punished enough. jmo

CA lied in court in order to free a murderer - which endangers society and innocent people. This is unforgivable imo. I would think they owe it to any of ICA's future victims to prosecute CA and discourage this dangerous behavior. Luckily, I don't think CA's nonsense helped ICA at all.

I haven't read the responses but I am going to say what I've been thinking about this.

As a mother, my thoughts were always that she believed ICA was innocent of killing beautiful Caylee but saw where she might look guilty so she tried to help (help being her word not mine). Emotionally I might get it, but in reality--- it was wrong. It is against the law, and when you swear to tell the whole truth, that's what it means. ENTIRE, WHOLE , ALL , everything that is asked.

Yes, she should have charges brought against her. She promised she even backed it up with "so help me God, "YES". So thats it. This is where jurors have problems, this is where juror number 4 struggles, in situations like this. But if you sift out the emotional part from the reality and the law... just reread my the first sentence in this paragraph.

It bothers me because I've always felt bad for GA and CA. But its time to clamp down on people ALL people who think that the rules were not made for them.

I have been searching and searching for a statement by Lippman that I can not now find. Don't think it was a video, because I recall seeing the words. Oh well..these old eyes.

Anyway it was a statement by Lippman re Cindy's testimony:
" it was suggested to her that there may have been a pop-up on neck breaking"

paraphrasing, but it was the word 'suggested' that I definitely recall, and wondered at the time-- who was it that did the suggesting.

Anyone else recall seeing that?

It looks to me like everything about Lee and Cindy's testimony was planned to make the family look like liars in order to back up the opening statement. Cindy starting out with her breakdown dressed in a loose mumu looking old and feeble then suddenly having a nice haircut and walking all sassy in form fitting clothes is a little odd. George could also have answered the mistress questions a little differently, too. It's disgusting to think that they might manipulate a trial instead of getting up there normally and just telling the truth. Cindy did manage to get in a few crazy suspicions about Casey though. I'm just waiting to see what they say at the end and if Lee shows back up or confesses to doing something to Casey when they were kids.

I've followed this case closely since the story broke. I have always been fascinated with human psychology, particularly because my mother was officially diagnosed with NPD about 10 years ago, when she was 55! My mother short of killing me was no different than Casey or Cindy! The web of lies, the manipulation and control was unbearable at times, and for the longest time I never knew why--She repeatedly told me that I was "a huge disappointment that impeded her social life!" Nice, huh?!

Long story short, I eagerly await Casey's sentencing and HOPE that Cindy shares an adjoining cell with her precious daughter. Watching the trial (facial expressions and body language), and listening to the jailhouse tapes, has opened old wounds, but at the same time has given me a ton of insight to realize that NPD is a mental illness that I am not responsible for.

Thankfully, I didn't inherit my mother's narcissistic traits, and legally disowned her when I was 22 (name change, moved far away, etc.)--over 20 years ago! :eek:)

I've followed this case closely since the story broke. I have always been fascinated with human psychology, particularly because my mother was officially diagnosed with NPD about 10 years ago, when she was 55! My mother short of killing me was no different than Casey or Cindy! The web of lies, the manipulation and control was unbearable at times, and for the longest time I never knew why--She repeatedly told me that I was "a huge disappointment that impeded her social life!" Nice, huh?!

Long story short, I eagerly await Casey's sentencing and HOPE that Cindy shares an adjoining cell with her precious daughter. Watching the trial (facial expressions and body language), and listening to the jailhouse tapes, has opened old wounds, but at the same time has given me a ton of insight to realize that NPD is a mental illness that I am not responsible for.

Thankfully, I didn't inherit my mother's narcissistic traits, and legally disowned her when I was 22 (name change, moved far away, etc.)--over 20 years ago! :eek:)

Actually, NPD isn't a mental illness but a personality disorder. I'm so sorry that you had to experience such emotional and verbal abuse but I see it has made you stronger. I can truly imagine what it was like. There are way too many "mothers" in this world who really ain't worth a hill of beans.

But, Chablis, truth is the basic underpinning of our justice system. Without it, we would have no basis of judging right from wrong. We would have nothing to keep us all civil. A line must exist; a line to define what is right and allowed and what is wrong and prohibited. When the lines shift and become blurred it gives way to tampering, influence and favoritism. . . LOL, some say our courts are full enough of that already with all the accusations about the influence that fame and money play.

Why is it right to allow someone to lie because they are hurt? I'm sure all people who have to give testimony against their loved ones are hurt. Should we excuse them all?

Maybe we should just start asking everyone how hurt they are or if they love the accused before we even ask them to take the oath. If they're hurt enough or love them enough they could just be exempt from taking the oath and telling the truth.

What kind of justice would that bring? The issue is bigger than the Anthony's pain, imo.

Beautifully stated!

CA lied in court in order to free a murderer - which endangers society and innocent people. This is unforgivable imo. I would think they owe it to any of ICA's future victims to prosecute CA and discourage this dangerous behavior. Luckily, I don't think CA's nonsense helped ICA at all.

I don't believe Cindy was trying to free her, just save her from death. Her other testimony didn't seem at all designed to keep KC from being convicted.

Absolutely, especially after listening to the slew of OUTRIGHT lies that came out of her mounth on the stand. It makes me insane. I hope they do.

It looks to me like everything about Lee and Cindy's testimony was planned to make the family look like liars in order to back up the opening statement. Cindy starting out with her breakdown dressed in a loose mumu looking old and feeble then suddenly having a nice haircut and walking all sassy in form fitting clothes is a little odd. George could also have answered the mistress questions a little differently, too. It's disgusting to think that they might manipulate a trial instead of getting up there normally and just telling the truth. Cindy did manage to get in a few crazy suspicions about Casey though. I'm just waiting to see what they say at the end and if Lee shows back up or confesses to doing something to Casey when they were kids.

Exactly! I knew when she walked up to the stand with greasy hair and NO makeup that we were going to get some dramatics! For someone who always pays a lot of attention to her hair and her grooming this was a deliberate ploy. She ran her hands through her greasy hair to emphasize the poor worried granny image too. Contrived, all of it.
Next day when she was back in her normal seat she had makeup jewelry and clean hair...

Respectfully,most people don't know as much about what Cindy has done ,as we do on this forum.
For every time we see Cindy grieving ,we see 20 other occasions of vile despicable acts of a deceitful woman. That's what caught the attention of the nation,IMO.
There have been plenty of cases of mothers killing children ,but it's the Anthony's bizarre reaction to everyone that tried to help them,that threw this case into the spotlight.

I don't believe Cindy was trying to free her, just save her from death. Her other testimony didn't seem at all designed to keep KC from being convicted.

I disagree because Cindy has been lying since Casey was arrested the first time . That's when there was supposedly a Zanny that had Caylee. Cindy has been building on her lies for three years.If she wanted to save Casey's life she would have implored Casey to make a deal with the Prosecution. JMO

I disagree because Cindy has been lying since Casey was arrested the first time . That's when there was supposedly a Zanny that had Caylee. Cindy has been building on her lies for three years.If she wanted to save Casey's life she would have implored Casey to make a deal with the Prosecution. JMO

I think she could perhaps have saved BOTH Casey and Caylee's lives by enforcing some limits on her daughter starting roughly 25 years ago.

Casey is a sociopath, but Cindy was her personal trainer, public relations manager, and financier.

:hug: For what you've been through

:highfive:For coming out on the other side ,stronger

:toastred: To a brighter future!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members