who is this unidentified young girl? jumped/thrown from vehicle in AZ, 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Bump~

I live in the area - is there anything I might be able to do to help?

Good question! I wonder if going to the Maricopa Coroner's Office in person would get some questions answered. The investigator's name is Suzi Dodt. The questions I've heard asked and not answered yet are: What was she wearing? Do they not know because they threw the clothes away? Is it scarring that we are seeing in the photos and if so, which are scars and which is tape reminents? Did the people in the vehicle with her say that she didn't have any purse or bag or was this investigated? If they thought she was a run away, wouldn't she have something? A backpack, maybe? Where were they heading? Where did she ask to be taken? Are there other photos that they can publish to help in identifying her? I'm sure others at WS can think of questions that could help.

Thanks for anything that you can do!

I was showing my Mother the picture of this Doe, and she is a nurse she seems to think that it is POSSIBLE that it may NOT be a SCAR that it could possibly be remenants of the tape that they use to tape down the tubes for the breathing machines etc. I know I have had Ivs in the hospital and it is hard to get that remaining strip of sticky stuff that is left there like a line kinda... What do you guys think. Has it been substanciated that this is INDEED an actual SCAR?

That's a very good question. If it isn't scarring, it may explain why she wasn't as "noticeable" prior to the "accident".

I'd give almost anything to know what she was actually wearing. :furious:

What does this have to do with identifying her? How would seeing the back of her head help? They have identifed the people she was traveling with. She never told them her name, etc. I think LE has considered her running away, etc.

I guess I must have missed something here.:doh: She was traveling with people and they didn't even know her name? If that was the case did they tell who ever how she got killed? I thought I read some place that people found her body along side of the road and they were unsure how she got there?? The reason I was asking about the back of her head was because it might make a difference in trying to figure out if she jumped or was shoved out of a car. You wouldn't land face down if you jumped I realize that she could have also rolled and cause injury there too. The coroner should have been able to tell this (which part of her body took the fall) If she jumped then that would make me think she was trying to get away from somebody This is just my opinion

I guess I must have missed something here.:doh: She was traveling with people and they didn't even know her name? If that was the case did they tell who ever how she got killed? I thought I read some place that people found her body along side of the road and they were unsure how she got there?? The reason I was asking about the back of her head was because it might make a difference in trying to figure out if she jumped or was shoved out of a car. You wouldn't land face down if you jumped I realize that she could have also rolled and cause injury there too. The coroner should have been able to tell this (which part of her body took the fall) If she jumped then that would make me think she was trying to get away from somebody This is just my opinion

From the information I received from an investigator from the Maricopa Coroner, the police interviewed the individuals in the vehicle with her and they were unable to say who she was.

On another website someone had more information about this. I hope I have all the facts straight, please anyone correct me if I am remembering this incorrectly: The people in the car claimed to have picked her up, I believe at a convenience store parking lot and were giving her a ride. They said that they believed that she was a runaway. They also claimed that she jumped out of the car for no reason.

The info about the people in the car brings at least a dozen questions up, for me, that have not been answered anywhere, to my knowledge.

I do not know about the injuries from the fall from the vehicle. The only thing I could surmise from the coroner's report is that she did not appear to have lost any teeth as a result of the fall.

yeah i've read some story (sure there's a link here listed somewhere) about her being picked up at the store.. I wonder what store that would be at??? (or at least what town was she picked up in) I know alot of things on coronor sites dont have much listed but sometimes newspaper articles (which I cant seem to find any on this case!!) reveals more info... I mean it looks like Maricopa would of had her dental available on they're site.. It looks like they would have that, a pic of the tattoo (or even a sketch)and shoot a sketch of her teeth would be great! Also I'd love to know where the people who picked her up were from (if they were local, or from another state or what) tons of questions!!! Just wish someone could answer them.. has anyone ever tried to contact the police department who interviewed these people? Its just there's tons of questions it looks like they could be able to reveal some stuff without compromising the case ...

For anyone that hasn’t already read this entire thread, I would urge you to do so. The people who have contributed are remarkable and have posed many good questions and possibilities. It is a long thread, but is well worth reading. Here is a list of postings from this thread that have links to sites about this Jane Doe. Warning: Post Mortem Photos.

Page 1, Post #1: Maricopa Medical Examiner’s website.

Page 2, Post #28: Has a reconstruction.

Page 3, Post #75: This is provides a link to the Doe Network. The link does not work for me. I have to change the web address from doenetwork.us to doenetwork.org (do other people have this problem?) In case you do not know how to do this, go to doenetwork.org and put in case #228UFAZ.

Page 5, Post #118: Link to very good site. Scroll down the page to “Attempt to Identify”.

Page 6, Post #181: Link to “True Crime Diary”. Look under “Recent Posts” and “Jane Doe”. This site has a lot of good information!

Page 11, Post #255: This is a reconstruction that I did and put up on photobucket.

Page 11, Post #274: Link to “Attempt to Identify”. Make sure to click on the “additional photos and sketches.” There is a different photo of JD.

Page 12, Post #293: This has a link to the Unidentified Deceased Reporting System and has information about her dental charts.

Page 12, Post #307: This provides helpful information about how to read the dental charts.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I have no idea why the details of this case are so hush hush, it's been EIGHT YEARS. We need to find out who this girl was!

yeah i've read some story (sure there's a link here listed somewhere) about her being picked up at the store.. I wonder what store that would be at??? (or at least what town was she picked up in) I know alot of things on coronor sites dont have much listed but sometimes newspaper articles (which I cant seem to find any on this case!!) reveals more info... I mean it looks like Maricopa would of had her dental available on they're site.. It looks like they would have that, a pic of the tattoo (or even a sketch)and shoot a sketch of her teeth would be great! Also I'd love to know where the people who picked her up were from (if they were local, or from another state or what) tons of questions!!! Just wish someone could answer them.. has anyone ever tried to contact the police department who interviewed these people? Its just there's tons of questions it looks like they could be able to reveal some stuff without compromising the case ...
IF somebody picked her up at a store near by then she would of had to have jumped out of their car??? If what I am reading about this case is correct they are not sure if she jumped or was pushed. If someone found her lying along side of the road I find it hard to believe that they picked her broken body up put it in a car and drove her to the hospital and if they did they must have been from the area to know where a hospital was I think they would have called for an ambulance. I have read almost every post and didn't see anything about her being picked up at a store. If the police did interview any people the first thing they would have asked for was their names. :confused: :confused:

IF somebody picked her up at a store near by then she would of had to have jumped out of their car??? If what I am reading about this case is correct they are not sure if she jumped or was pushed. If someone found her lying along side of the road I find it hard to believe that they picked her broken body up put it in a car and drove her to the hospital and if they did they must have been from the area to know where a hospital was I think they would have called for an ambulance. I have read almost every post and didn't see anything about her being picked up at a store. If the police did interview any people the first thing they would have asked for was their names. :confused: :confused:

Here's a link (not sure if its been posted on here or not) but it tells a little bit more of the story (basically what everyone already knows though)

http://host473.ipowerweb.com/~truecrim/home/2007/04/jane_doe_1.html

I'll see if i cant find more links!

No, I do not think it could be her..she would have been 30 in 1999 and is 5'0. Don't think she grew much after 23. Plus, she has a disabled finger on each hand.

And jane doe has blue eyes, this missing girl for sure has brown.

Just sent this (fingers crossed) If she doesn't answer, I won't stop there.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Pinal County Jane Doe
Date: Tue, August 14, 2007 9:45 am
To: lindsey.collom@arizonarepublic.com

Dear Lindsey,

I recently came across an article you wrote "Web pictures may help kin to ID bodies", 9/18/06. Fantastic article.
http://www.azcentral.com/specials/special14/articles/0918deadphotos0918.html

I am with a volunteer org, just started up, called Lighting the Way Home, Advocates for the Missing and Unidentified.

A group of us have been researching, since 10/06, the case of a young lady, age 13-18, who jumped or was thrown from a vehicle back in 1999 in Pinal Cty. She later died and has never been identified.

Please see discussion here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43813

We have tried to ID this young lady for sometime, scouring missing persons records and pictures, news articles, etc...so far no luck.

We have so many questions that may help lead us back to where she came from but we just can't get answers. I was hoping maybe you would be interested in doing a story on her case for 2 reasons, One would be to try and get some answers to questions (what convience store was she picked up from? Who was in the car with her? What was she wearing? etc etc), and 2nd and most importantly, try to get some leads to who she is!

I have her featured on my MySpace page and we have rec'd numerous tips! We are still waiting word on one possible match, but they say already it's an unlikely. www.myspace.com/do_u_recognize_me

Jane Doe on County Webpage
http://www.maricopa.gov/Medex/Unidentified/search.aspx?caseNum=99-0305

Can you help us?

Kindest regards,
Christine Jones

Just sent this (fingers crossed) If she doesn't answer, I won't stop there.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Pinal County Jane Doe
Date: Tue, August 14, 2007 9:45 am
To: lindsey.collom@arizonarepublic.com

Dear Lindsey,

I recently came across an article you wrote "Web pictures may help kin to ID bodies", 9/18/06. Fantastic article.
http://www.azcentral.com/specials/special14/articles/0918deadphotos0918.html

I am with a volunteer org, just started up, called Lighting the Way Home, Advocates for the Missing and Unidentified.

A group of us have been researching, since 10/06, the case of a young lady, age 13-18, who jumped or was thrown from a vehicle back in 1999 in Pinal Cty. She later died and has never been identified.

Please see discussion here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43813

We have tried to ID this young lady for sometime, scouring missing persons records and pictures, news articles, etc...so far no luck.

We have so many questions that may help lead us back to where she came from but we just can't get answers. I was hoping maybe you would be interested in doing a story on her case for 2 reasons, One would be to try and get some answers to questions (what convience store was she picked up from? Who was in the car with her? What was she wearing? etc etc), and 2nd and most importantly, try to get some leads to who she is!

I have her featured on my MySpace page and we have rec'd numerous tips! We are still waiting word on one possible match, but they say already it's an unlikely. www.myspace.com/do_u_recognize_me

Jane Doe on County Webpage
http://www.maricopa.gov/Medex/Unidentified/search.aspx?caseNum=99-0305

Can you help us?

Kindest regards,
Christine Jones

Thanks for sending it!! Sure hope you get a response!! and dont forget to keep us updated!

when I was searching around for girls to match w/ jane doe, (I cant see a date anywhere!!)I found this one.. But I tried googling/ searching her name on a few sites and havent found nothing yet (but will keep searching) would like to know what date she went missing..... Just incase she would match up with someone else if anything... I just wonder if this is old info or something??

http://texasequusearch.org/missing_persons/MorganMunson.htm

Weird, I couldn't find a date on Morgan, either. I think that's a decent match, despite the 4" discrepancy in height.

I wonder if both girls have DNA in codis?

Well looks like someone on here on another thread posted about this same girl..(morgan). not sure if they found out the date or not either..

but on one site it says jane doe's dna is in the "database"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members