Who made up the defense's explanation in opening statements? *POLL*

Who came up with the "GA" did it defense?

• JB e.t. al., made it up

Votes: 168 40.4%
  • It's what ICA told JB happened

Votes: 220 52.9%
  • They got it from an old episode of Star Trek

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • And of course the famous, "None of the above!"

Votes: 22 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for JB but only because there wasn't a choice of Magic 8 Ball. I think JB made it up with the help of Magic 8 Ball.

Great thread!

I have to vote Star Trek. The opening statement is so far out with too many players and complications.

Like the others I think the past attorneys helped, one (maybe shifty eye cell phone passing guy too) present, KC and Star Trek or any television carp, made this tall tale up.

It certainly left wiggle room, but I don't think the jurors will forget about the fantastic trip they were told of.

It was AL's parting gift to them when they drove her to the airport

I think Casey made up the sexual abuse stuff. I think Baez convinced her the nanny story wouldn't fly and that an accident was her best defense. So I basically believe he came up with the accident story.

I think the whole thing is totally an ICA fantasy story. I have watched so many legal experts comment that the DT's case would have been so much easier and had so much better chance of creating reasonable doubt if they had just gone with the simple accident theory version that Caylee died accidently and ICA (alone) freaked out and covered it up. None of them can understand why they threw in George and the molestation to make it harder for them. I think ICA didn't want to accept ANY blame whatsoever and demanded they go with the story JB told in his OS.

RespectfullyQuoted Never4GetCaylee :luv:

I agree, especially about ICA not wanting ANY blame. And, I guess she did some calculations and decided George was the weakest link? But, Casey did not factor in, Cindy taking George's side and not hers.

I think all that talk about Casey getting the house was from Cindy venting to Casey about George. Seems like George is/was the scapegoat in that house, not so much anymore I think.

I am still waiting to see what else the rest of the Anthony clan has to say, but so far it seems they are sticking with what they said in their transcripts and that is fine with me if they do. I do not think George and Cindy have accepted the fact that Casey (allegedly) killed Caylee-believe me I would like to think they have but right now I think all they have accepted is there is no Zanny/Nanny.

Maybe George and Cindy are finding out as the trial continues, as the jury is...if that is true and they are accepting the truth and allowing it in-they do have my sympathy.

But, yes this has to be Casey: "she takes it far as she can and then she piles some more stuff on, Casey has issues." -Paraphrase of statemenst by George.

:twocents:

I think it was a corroborative effort between KC and the DT. I think JB has been itching to throw RK into the mix since he found out so much dirt on him and really wanted to find a way to blame him for the murder and finding that impossible he didn't want to waste all that investigative work so he had to show up some where.
Personally, after reading various websites over the years, I think that the DT took all the improbable theories thrown out over that time by the creative sleuthers and made it all their own.

Bold by me. I think you've got a good point there!

According to the legal experts of web sleuths, JB cannot make up a story, he has to go by what KC told him for his defense. So I believe KC gave JB the drowning story and using her dad as a cover up. If KC woul have just stuck to a plain drowning, I might have considered it, but I can't imagine George being involved. I think JB is speculating when it comes to the Roy Kronk story involving him moving Caylee's remains.

I have a hard time thinking that CM and DS would have gone along with this OS, willingly. IMO, an accident theory was the agreed upon OS and then JB and ICA embellished it with the cockamamie "George finding a drowned Caylee and then screaming at ICA (rather than administering CPR and calling 911) and then Kronk taking the body and hiding it (ick) for a reward".

Were there any shots of the rest of the DT when JB got to this part of his story? I would be interested to see the looks on their faces at that point. I imagine it was something like :eek:

I think Casey made up the sexual abuse stuff. I think Baez convinced her the nanny story wouldn't fly and that an accident was her best defense. So I basically believe he came up with the accident story.

I actually think that the sex abuse stuff came about because of KC's letters in jail. If the sex abuse theory had already been talked about before that then KC's letters would have starred GA instead of LA.
I think the DT tried to make lemonade out of lemons and decided that would make a plausible excuse to her behavior after Caylee died.

I think Baez and Mason created this entire strategy, if you can call it that. It's all about ego, fame, and being on TV. A legal reality show starring Jose Baez and Cheney Mason.

The tale of George finding Caylee dead in the pool and, I guess, scaring Casey by threatening her and hiding the body? Or is it Kronk who did all that? To collect a reward or something? If Caylee died by drowning in the pool, then why not say that nearly three years ago? Why would Casey sit in a jail cell this long if her daughter died in an accident? How do they explain the duct tape? Is that going to be Kronk? Why in world would he take the body and hide it? The 31 days? It's too full of holes to be the truth. Which may indicate that the truth is so awful and more difficult for someone like Casey to admit. I always thought that she took off from her parent's home after a huge fight. And that Caylee wouldn't stop crying for her grandparents. I think that the reason Casey went along with the opening statement story is because she can't face her own guilt in Caylee's death because she parked her car and grabbed the duct tape (which was in her car) and screamed back at Caylee to shut up, and when she didn't, she slapped the duct tape across Caylee's little mouth to make her shut up. And then she drove to a store to shop and left Caylee there in the car, to teach her a lesson, when she got back, Caylee was dead. And Casey has never been able to say this is what happened. I believe that Casey Anthony is deeply, mentally ill and that she did not intend to murder her child. IMO

I wish that Judge Perry could just come into the court room Monday and throw all the defense attorneys out of the courtroom and talk Casey into taking a plea.

I think the whole thing is totally an ICA fantasy story. I have watched so many legal experts comment that the DT's case would have been so much easier and had so much better chance of creating reasonable doubt if they had just gone with the simple accident theory version that Caylee died accidently and ICA (alone) freaked out and covered it up. None of them can understand why they threw in George and the molestation to make it harder for them. I think ICA didn't want to accept ANY blame whatsoever and demanded they go with the story JB told in his OS.

bbm
IMO That is exactly it....Casey WILL NOT accept blame.

One of the neighbors said in an interview that he saw Casey walking the family dog...he saw that she allowed the dog to do #2 on his lawn and didn't clean it up..he confronted her about it and iirc denied the dog was hers or denied the dog did poo poo on his lawn..even though he witnessed it with his own eyes...

Instead of saying "sorry I will clean that up" she refuses to accept responsibility.

I voted for JB but only because there wasn't a choice of Magic 8 Ball. I think JB made it up with the help of Magic 8 Ball.

Thank You !!!!!!!! My 1st gut laugh all day, now I can take a break from this and leave on a high note !!!!!!

I think Baez and Mason created this entire strategy, if you can call it that. It's all about ego, fame, and being on TV. A legal reality show starring Jose Baez and Cheney Mason.

The tale of George finding Caylee dead in the pool and, I guess, scaring Casey by threatening her and hiding the body? Or is it Kronk who did all that? To collect a reward or something? If Caylee died by drowning in the pool, then why not say that nearly three years ago? Why would Casey sit in a jail cell this long if her daughter died in an accident? How do they explain the duct tape? Is that going to be Kronk? Why in world would he take the body and hide it? The 31 days? It's too full of holes to be the truth. Which may indicate that the truth is so awful and more difficult for someone like Casey to admit. I always thought that she took off from her parent's home after a huge fight. And that Caylee wouldn't stop crying for her grandparents. I think that the reason Casey went along with the opening statement story is because she can't face her own guilt in Caylee's death because she parked her car and grabbed the duct tape (which was in her car) and screamed back at Caylee to shut up, and when she didn't, she slapped the duct tape across Caylee's little mouth to make her shut up. And then she drove to a store to shop and left Caylee there in the car, to teach her a lesson, when she got back, Caylee was dead. And Casey has never been able to say this is what happened. I believe that Casey Anthony is deeply, mentally ill and that she did not intend to murder her child. IMO

I wish that Judge Perry could just come into the court room Monday and throw all the defense attorneys out of the courtroom and talk Casey into taking a plea.

Unfortunately, your story is much more believable then what the DT put out.

I chose none of the above. I think JB or someone on his team went through some of the tapes and depos. Then took tid bits of conversation from here and there. Came up with we could use this theory or that and KC fabricated the rest of the story based on conversation.. I believe it was a collaboration. And because she is a spiteful ##### she was more than happy to insert her family in this diabolical, disgusting STORY.IMO

Actually, if the option had been offered, I would have picked: "ALL of the above." Combine the fertile imagination of the pathological liar CA; dribs and drabs thrown into the mix by the defense team; old episodes of LA Law, and probably a sampling of recreational drugs and you have Team Casey's Greatest Hits.

All Mason is interested in is creating reasonable doubt, so he figures if they throw enough "sheet" at the wall, SOMETHING will stick! In my humble, unlawyerly opinion, of course.
:twocents:

I also think it KC and the defense team working together. I think KC told JB several stories and he'd say; "That won't work" and they'd go on to something else. When KC wrote that LA tried to pressure her into sex I think JB asked her if it was possible (wink, wink) that GA had severely molested her because that would make more sense.

Unless there is a "bombshell" we don't know about I can't see KC coming up with the Kronk part. I think that was all JB. JMO

I agree with jane the dood - there really should have been an "all of the above" option in the poll - I have no doubt that KC told JB the part about sexual abuse and I have no doubt that KC had nothing to do with the Kronk part and I'm pretty sure that the part about GA finding Caylee in the pool had to have something to do with a Star Trek alternate reality episode.

I am still shaking my head about that opening statement. I really expected after 3 years that the DT would have come up with something more plausible. The only thing that was said in the opening that was truly believable was that KC lies. Before the opening statement, it might have been possible to convince me to at least consider that Caylee accidentally drowned in the pool - maybe - but instead - it has convinced me that KC is even more of cold and calculating that I thought before. If it really was some kind of accident then the opening would have contained the sad complete truth instead of all that nonsense. It just doesn't make sense to me that this is the best they could come up with in 3 years - they forgot that the first rule of fiction is that it should be at least somewhat believable.

BBM

With all of the conflicting stories and CA and GA not helping things I think this is pretty close to a good theory. The Kronk addition is what sank the story totally for me.

According to the legal experts of web sleuths, JB cannot make up a story, he has to go by what KC told him for his defense. So I believe KC gave JB the drowning story and using her dad as a cover up. If KC woul have just stuck to a plain drowning, I might have considered it, but I can't imagine George being involved. I think JB is speculating when it comes to the Roy Kronk story involving him moving Caylee's remains.

BBM

That's what ethical lawyers do. I think it's hard to prove, given attorney client privilege, that the lawyer came up with it. I also think a lawyer can ask his client leading questions like; "Are you sure your father didn't sexually abuse you starting at age 8?"

BTW, I think the whole theory may have been suggested by an emu to see if they were dumb enough to use it?

Not sure. If this was their line of defense in the beginning, then why did they not promote this theory instead of the Zanny kidnapped Caylee theory? I tend to think that Baez made this up after realizing that they had no other options, but we may never know.

TxLady2, I bet we will know if ICA is convicted, and the OS was a concoction by anyone else but her... I'll stake my very life on it!

I hope the DT has video's, correspondence, and witnesses to the majority of their meetings with Mizz Casey Anthony, because they will be her next target!

His client told him these things so this is it. It's just part of the trail he has been beating since the first day of the trial. "Odd" or "Unique" however he chooses to depict her behavior. He's laying it out there that she has somekind of mental issues.

I'm probably wrong ;) but I believe the opening statement by the defense was a culmination of the lies Casey told Baez. Baez imo knows Casey killed Caylee-- so he went with the most hurtful, vulgar, scenario possible.

I think this is the story KC is insisting they run with. It is yet another of her temper tantrums. Her personality-disordered thinking has NEVER accepted responsibility for her actions, she ALWAYS blames others. I bet she even blames AH for leaving her money so easily available and the real Zenaida for filling out her card at the apartments. I can hear it now: " if they're gonna be THAT stoopid, they DESERVE what they got". I've heard this stuff many times from many personality-disordered, criminal, and mentally ill.

I also think she really truly believed she had come up with a story her parents would go along with. She may have seen them lie to others many times to protect her before, even if they gave her h*ll in private. She may have really thought at least Cindy would buy this, as she seems to have used a typical "divide and conquer" attitude with her parents for years as a successful manipulative tool. Maybe she even believed her father would fall on his own sword (go along with this story) to save her.

I think she knows her ship is sinking now. I have little doubt she will go down blaming everyone but herself. Waste, HUGE waste. With that attitude, I don't think her life will have any redeeming value, even in prison.

Just my opinion.

TxLady2, I bet we will know if ICA is convicted, and the OS was a concoction by anyone else but her... I'll stake my very life on it!

I hope the DT has video's, correspondence, and witnesses to the majority of their meetings with Mizz Casey Anthony, because they will be her next target!

:rocker: These are some good points !

If-- sorry -- WHEN she is convicted, she will "blame" the "concocted story" on JB and the DT. And I also agree that the DT WILL BE her next "target"!

Another good point -- that the DT have their recordings, notes, etc. with their client because they will need them.

:waitasec:

Remember yesterday when Mr. Bloise was testifying and JB was asking him about his original notes when he first examined the vehicle, and he said he "destroyed" them because he wrote his Report ? Well JB better NOT get too snarky with people because he will be the NEXT person "wishing" he kept notes when ICA goes on her next attack !

MOO MOO and MOO !!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.