Who won in court today? 5/31/2011

Which side won in court today?

• Total voters
I completely agree. After CA's emotional testimony JB needed to tread carefully. He tried a few things to make CA look bad, gently, but failed to establish a basis to proceed but went for it anyway. I have seen a few times, almost every time where JB risks losing the Jury completely or offending their sensitivities.

Desperation.

JB's defense is like a bull in a china shop with blinders on, he is alienating everyone and no-one is left in ICA's court -- not even JB!

Desperation.

Warning! Warning! Damage control ... The Defense is crashing and burning.

How does everyone feel about JB asking CA if she has "made money off of this case?" How will that play to an unbiased jury? Oh and how he asked her, "doesn't everyone always say that you and KC are exactly alike." He's trying to impeach CA but after her honest show of bewilderment and deep gut wrenching sorrow he is fighting a losing battle.

Seriously, I believe Jose Baez is causing great disgust in the jury - just as he's done with the majority of Florida the past 3 years and especially the last 1 year. Although I have no love for Casey Anthony, I do believe she deserves a better lawyer than she has in Jose Baez.

Some might think he knows his client to be guilty and so is being a bumbling idiot to help convict her. Most, I believe, recognize him to be an incompetent trial lawyer - most certainly not competent to be the lead attorney in a trial of this magnitude.

I'm embarrassed that Baez has been allowed to be her lead attorney for her murder trial. It's a shameful reality, showing our legal system needs fine tuning.

Even though I do believe Casey Anthony is the one, and only one responsible for baby Caylee's death, I also believe she deserves a decent lawyer - and their is nothing decent about Jose Baez.

Katy - do you think the jailhouse tapes will come in? I would love for the jury to hear "this is the first time I can't shwallow I'm so angry", and the "you all had chili without me". Not a mere mention of the name Caylee Marie Anthony. And all her laughing, giggling, and suprise, suprise. And especially, to GA "you've been the best dad and the best grandad".

If anything, I think they might come in around the yuri testimony, but am not sure.

What say you?

Hugs,

Mel

I sure hope so. After they played that first phone call today it made me wonder if they might get in. I know the DT will fight tooth and nail to keep them out though. I think they were aware of how powerful those calls were today for the prosecution. Well, maybe not Casey. She was all smiles when she glided out of there today.

I voted the State. Jose Baez came across as more of a paralegal than having had 3 years trial "experience". I couldn't believe he didn't have Amy H's file with him today, it's not like the defense didnt know she was coming up. Very inexperienced, and ineffective with what I felt like his jumping all over the place. He never seems like he has what I would call an "outline" of questions to follow in my opinion. I think Judge Perry will stick to the warning he gave to both sides that he's not playing and will make every attempt to get this trial complete in a timely manner for the jury's sake. Having said that, I think it was a blessing for the defense that the State questioned Amy H. as long as they did and as such, that the jury will never know that Baez was not prepared, because Perry did not have to let them out early, (not that he would have said anything, but who knows what they might have questioned as to why they were being let out early.)

As far as Cindy A's testimony, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and would bet my bottom dollar the jury was too. My heart broke for her today. I felt that she was a VERY compelling witness, and the fact that Casey was so stoic probably did not help her in the jurors eyes. My two cents.

BTW....:newhere: glad to have found y'all. :)

Glad you found us too!

Someone mentioned Susan Smith upstream a little. That reminded me that she herself was an incest survivor, but it did not prevent her from being convicted.

don't throw rocks at me. I believe the state won, but for just a second with all his talk of "imaginary friends" I began to think ICA might be mentally ill - then I came back to reality - even people with mental illness can and do know right from wrong. She's a psychopath - no feeling, no conscience, plain an simple. I'm over my moment of weakness.

I think she obviously has 'mental issues' in that she showed no remorse or grief after losing/killing her child. But that does not give her a pass for criminal behavior unless she is psychotic. Andrea Yates was given a pass out of prison because she was clearly out of her mind. She should have never been alone with her kids cuz she was batzhitt krazy. I have pity for her and believe she deserves mercy because she was ill. Casey, not so much. She was not out of her mind. She was rational, logical and had charge of her faculties, as cold blooded and heartless as they were.imoo

If Casey & Caylee has such a great relationnship/bonding....

Then why did Cindy's therapist recommend bonding time with Casey & Caylee?

The Levi radio show up top is well worth listening to, about today (Tues) in court.

BBM

IMO that was a ploy to force Cindy to look at her it was very cruel after what she just went through I hate JB's antics

Exactly!

Many of us saw that ICA was highly perturbed that her mother didn't look at her, not even once, from the witness stand last Friday.

I'm guessing ICA's defense team spent the greater part of their 2.5 day weekend figuring out a way to placate their spoiled client, who always seems to get her way, by hook or by crook.

JB looked as though he felt as pleased as if he'd just won the case, pulling that ever-so-transparent move off.

State won today by a landslide, IMO. I would however like to hear from the 2 (so far) who think the DT won. I would like to know why they think that, what points they think were scored today by JB's antics and how those outweigh the damage of the 911 calls and the jailhouse call, not to mention, Amy who has already done a good deal of damage to their case during her short testimony.

I sleuthed them and they're not frequent posters. Too bad because I was interested as well.

Probably JB and CM. lol

I have pity for her and believe she deserves mercy because she was ill.[/b] Casey, not so much. She was not out of her mind. She was rational, logical and had charge of her faculties, as cold blooded and heartless as they were.imoo

I couldn't agree more. Drives me crazy when shows like NG compare ICA to Andrea Yates. If anyone should have been convicted regarding AY, it should have been the MD's treating her as well as that worthless husband of hers, Rusty. :maddening:

The system clearly failed AY and her children. She's about the only one I can think of off the top of my head who deserves mercy for killing her kids

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back