Who won in court today? 5/31/2011

Which side won in court today?

• Total voters
State is so prepared and the 911 calls sat allot, Cindy breaing down was TRUE pain.
JB turned me off with his questionings and showing ICA figure for the camera was not neccessary at all.
Justice for CAYLEE

How does everyone feel about JB asking CA if she has "made money off of this case?" How will that play to an unbiased jury? Oh and how he asked her, "doesn't everyone always say that you and KC are exactly alike." He's trying to impeach CA but after her honest show of bewilderment and deep gut wrenching sorrow he is fighting a losing battle.

Heck if that girl had any kind of heart or feelings at all she whould have stopped the trial today and said enough!!!!!! I did it!!!! This is what happend it has to end now! She would do herself a favor! JMO

I dream of that

How does everyone feel about JB asking CA if she has "made money off of this case?" How will that play to an unbiased jury? Oh and how he asked her, "doesn't everyone always say that you and KC are exactly alike." He's trying to impeach CA but after her honest show of bewilderment and deep gut wrenching sorrow he is fighting a losing battle.

Wish her answer was "not a fraction of what you and Casey made"

SA won today, I hated Jb asking CA if she thought CAylee was still alive.

Was that cruel OR WHAT !!! I sat in disbelief and thought he is well matched to his client, as icy as he!! is hot.

Dear little Caylee. Everyone in life makes mistakes at times, but I am thankful she had her grandma and grampa to care for and love her. xox

You're right, and we know that now, but at the time we didn't. It appears to me that the State if sweeping aside JB's defense theory and proceeding to present their case as originally planned. Which will work because JB's version is being chipped away with each new witness. Soon there will be nothing left of it.

Whoops! This was meant to reply to "Just K" in post #67.

Sorry Just K. It's been nearly 5 years since I followed a case a WebSluths and I'm a little rusty on the technical stuff. (Note to self-Learn to use "Quick Reply" properly.)

One more thought: The State needs to remind the jury that KC had Tons Of "Real Life" Friends, too!

AND, she lied to every one of them...this was conniving and not necessarily a psychological disorder. And, for those that believe that she won't or can't remember the details of all those elaborate lies....Oh no, that was her job...that's how she made a living...State needs to reinforce this in the minds of the jury. She is a classic con-artist.

Hi Just K, What do you think of the prosecutor lady? I'm a bit concerned that she is not very dynamic.

State is so prepared and the 911 calls sat allot, Cindy breaing down was TRUE pain.
JB turned me off with his questionings and showing ICA figure for the camera was not neccessary at all.
Justice for CAYLEE
BBM

IMO that was a ploy to force Cindy to look at her it was very cruel after what she just went through I hate JB's antics

Well, I've already stated this in another thread, but I think JB is a hypocrite of the highest degree. He tried to poke at Ricardo about selling pictures, as well.

Also, IMO, the jail call sounded far worse in all its glory. That entire tape bone-crushed her defense. I'm curious how the DT will try and neutralise the damage. I don't think they can.

Wish the state would have asked Cindy if KC told her that the body was on Suburban and if she told DomC to look for her there.

State won today by a landslide, IMO. I would however like to hear from the 2 (so far) who think the DT won. I would like to know why they think that, what points they think were scored today by JB's antics and how those outweigh the damage of the 911 calls and the jailhouse call, not to mention, Amy who has already done a good deal of damage to their case during her short testimony.

Today was a bad day for JB. It seems his smirk is shrinking a bit. I must say, my heart was breaking for Cindy Anthony.

I thought that JB looked kind of silly when he had KC stand up so CA could see if she was fat or not. And the point? CA already said that she didn't think KC was pregnant before June.
I have never seen a defense put so much investment into proving that their client was an untrustworthy liar. Like that is a good thing.

hahahahaha! True, then again, look what they have to work with.

I can't believe this case actually made it to trial -

I can't believe ICA didn't cut a deal and claim accidental death followed by cover up. She would be out in a few short years. (Not that I agree with that but it would have been much easier to defend). I was in the camp of "she accidentally killed that baby via OD" but now I'm convinced she's a psychopathic murderer who premeditated it.

I can't believe how incompetent her DT is (or appears to be thus far)

I can't believe the defense they chose... ICA could have done just as well defending herself!

Not that I'm a fan of ICA but JB is more of a narcissist than she is.. and surely there is going to be an appeal (following the promise of a conviction) based on how poorly her DT has (mis)handled her case?! I'm actually embarrassed to watch when they are up to bat.

I can't imagine what her poor parents are going thru. They may have made some gaffes along the way but I think they are good, decent people who didn't deserve this.

I can't believe utterly sociopathic ICA appears - or is - or whatever.

In many ways I think she's worse than Susan Smith - ICA is more of a Scott or Drew Peterson type personality.

Any thoughts on how long the trial will last?

Now there I have no idea. Half the time someone is on the stand and says, "She said her mother was crazy" or "she said she went to work" or "she said she was with the nanny"- it totally flies. The other half the time it gets objected to as hearsay. I cannot tell the difference!

Hearsay involves 1) an out of court statement 2)given for the truth of the matter asserted.

There are all sorts of exceptions. And if it is not given for the truth of the statement, it isn't hearsay. So for instance, "she said her mother was crazy" would not be hearsay unless it was given to prove that CA was crazy. If it is given to show the effect on the listener (Amy) or the state of mind of ICA, then it is admissible. There are other exceptions like the excited utterance of "it smelled like there was a dead body in the damn car."

Does that help any?

State won today by a landslide, IMO. I would however like to hear from the 2 (so far) who think the DT won. I would like to know why they think that, what points they think were scored today by JB's antics and how those outweigh the damage of the 911 calls and the jailhouse call, not to mention, Amy who has already done a good deal of damage to their case during her short testimony.

I sleuthed them and they're not frequent posters. Too bad because I was interested as well.

I'd be interested in this, too. I can't even begin to imagine why someone would think the defense did well today, much less "win".

IMO Jose messed up big time when he put Cindy on the spot about monies made from this case. Jose that is not how to make friends.
O and the whole issue of him making Cindy look at ICA....yuck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv
Back