Who won in court today? 5/31/2011

Which side won in court today?

• Total voters
I got really angry with him and his client sitting there like a bump on a log it made me sick I'm diabetic after Cindy broke down I checked my bs it was 416 normal is 120 I had more of a reaction than the defendant as I am sure most did. It was the most heartbreaking court testimony I have ever witnessed. God love Cindy I hope she is OK tonight.
I was in class all day and not able to listen to the trial and am so greatful to be able to read your post and others. It keeps me in the loop. It sounds like you were indeed more emotionally invested in today's proceedings than the defendant. My eyes filled with tears just looking at Cindy's photo on your post. Although her emotional distress is heartbreaking, I am glad she is able to freely express her grief. The jury needs to see that.

Definitely the State - and CAYLEE!

The jailhouse "huge waste" tape...........couldn't have had a better introduction to Casey for the jury!!! :great:

I felt the jailhouse phone call was very telling. NOT ONCE did Casey ask Lee or Christina if there had been any news regarding Caylee from any source. What if someone had posted info of a Caylee sighting on FaceBook or MySpace or whatever networking site she used? Nope, all she cared about was Tony's number. Plus her nasty mouth and her demeanor thru it all was an opportunity to hear the REAL Casey.

While reading about the trial today from other news sources I saw where someone who has the ability to watch the jury said there were scowls and glares from the jury toward Casey when she told Christina (regarding her family) "That's all they care about right now, finding Caylee." I hope that remark is brought up again during the closing.

As a side note…I hope JB took notes as to how a real lawyer conducts himself during questioning of a witness. (I'm referring to Mr. George.)

I picked state (Caylee) won today. If I'm looking at it from a jury point of view... the prosecution has been going over and over and over with all ICA's friends, family, and acquaintances about all the lies that she told them. So... Mr. Baez comes up in an attempt to show "dysfunction," whatever, I dunno.... he REITERATES all the lies. All the jury is hearing is lies, lies, lies, lies, lies. To anyone and everyone. Do you think they feel sorry for a liar? LOL I don't. I think they are getting increasingly angry.... and I think it's only going to get worse. I think DT is trying whatever they can with what they have (not much!) to get a lesser sentence.... lol.... not even a not guilty of anything. AND!~ They are already working on penalty phase.

MOO, IMO, etc., yadda

Definitely the best day DT had so far.
Prior to today basically SA lead and JB watched.
However today JB had an agenda, was leading and revealed some interesting facts.
- He showed that KC had many, as he put it, "imaginary friends". I don't know how he's going to use it for his cause though.
- He showed that the ladder was indeed attached to the pool on June 16th.
- DT argued that KC's lies were related to Caylee. However JB came up with a big lie of KC before Catlee was born.

At one point when JP was talking he seemed to be striking something repeatedly with the left hand :) making a distracting noise. He was a bit shaking too. :)

ETA: Not that JB won today. I would say SA won by 3-2.

It would seem obvious that the State won and has been winning yet the defense has something up there sleeve. They did not object to hardly any of today's testimony.

DT didn't claim insanity but they are happy to show the "imaginary" and fantasy world of the KC. It seems that they are going to try to prove that KC dissociates or, in her case, makes up elaborate stories/lives/scenarios (LIES) and keeps all of her relations compartmentalized to keep those apart who might compare notes and figure out that it is all lies. The DT will say that whenever she feels cornered she is compelled to do this. It would be interesting to know if KC was a constant fidgeter before she had to portray herself as emotionally disturbed. One wonders if the constant hand wringing, hair smoothing, shirt adjustment followed again in the exact same order is being coached more than it is truly part of her OCD. I'm not sure she is really OCD...just saying IMO, etc etc.

Given what they are presenting, it is almost certain that they are suggesting something in the realm of either a Personality Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder) or Borderline Personality Disorder with Obsessive Compulsive behaviors and possibly even delusions of grandeur. Of course, they need a cause and GA and LA are going to be the patsies.

I felt the jailhouse phone call was very telling. NOT ONCE did Casey ask Lee or Christina if there had been any news regarding Caylee from any source. What if someone had posted info of a Caylee sighting on FaceBook or MySpace or whatever networking site she used? Nope, all she cared about was Tony's number. Plus her nasty mouth and her demeanor thru it all was an opportunity to hear the REAL Casey.

While reading about the trial today from other news sources I saw where someone who has the ability to watch the jury said there were scowls and glares from the jury toward Casey when she told Christina (regarding her family) "That's all they care about right now, finding Caylee." I hope that remark is brought up again during the closing.

As a side note…I hope JB took notes as to how a real lawyer conducts himself during questioning of a witness. (I'm referring to Mr. George.)

yes, but the DT strategy is that there was no need for her to be inquiring or concerned b/c she already knew that Little Caylee was dead and dead for almost six weeks by then.

Thought this would be a good thread to start for those of us who can't watch the trial through out the day, but wants to have a place for a quick 1 minute recap. For those that could listen, which side won today in court SA or DT, neither? and why? A poll would be nice, for a quick 30 second recap, but I don't know how to do one.

gamom, I think you could post this poll daily and the answer will always be THE STATE! :great::great::great: The Defense is really just mumbling & bumbling along so this is hands down, a win/win for the State!!!

bbm
Great point. :)

It would seem obvious that the State won and has been winning yet the defense has something up there sleeve. They did not object to hardly any of today's testimony.

DT didn't claim insanity but they are happy to show the "imaginary" and fantasy world of the KC. It seems that they are going to try to prove that KC dissociates or, in her case, makes up elaborate stories/lives/scenarios (LIES) and keeps all of her relations compartmentalized to keep those apart who might compare notes and figure out that it is all lies. The DT will say that whenever she feels cornered she is compelled to do this. It would be interesting to know if KC was a constant fidgeter before she had to portray herself as emotionally disturbed. One wonders if the constant hand wringing, hair smoothing, shirt adjustment followed again in the exact same order is being coached more than it is truly part of her OCD. I'm not sure she is really OCD...just saying IMO, etc etc.

Given what they are presenting, it is almost certain that they are suggesting something in the realm of either a Personality Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder) or Borderline Personality Disorder with Obsessive Compulsive behaviors and possibly even delusions of grandeur. Of course, they need a cause and GA and LA are going to be the patsies.

SHe was really fidgety in the universal videos as well. I think it is something she does when she is nervous.

State hands down!!!My son's girlfriend has not been following this case,but she did watch it today.After watching Cindy and hearing 911 tape an jail tape.She said KC is done she was shocked by KC'S own words and tone.

gamom, I think you could post this poll daily and the answer will always be THE STATE! :great::great::great: The Defense is really just mumbling & bumbling along so this is hands down, a win/win for the State!!!

I hear you! the defense is so confusing, but every now and then they throw a nice punch. I thought the DT won day one with the opening statement. It confused everyone and I felt like the rest of the day was a blur.

I think it was a slam dunk for the State and sweet Caylee!

SHe was really fidgety in the universal videos as well. I think it is something she does when she is nervous.

True, but it really does feel fake too. This coming from someone who knows personally what it is like to be Obsessive Compulsive...in many ways. In the video, glasses, black pants, white shirt it felt different maybe it is truly just getting worse but then it also seemed like an act...a bad act.

State, no question in my mind. Cindy had me SOBBING and I was never a fan of hers.

Same here, and what's weird to me is that I don't feel fickle or easily led, I'm pretty cynical when it comes to people having miraculous transformations.

I went from cringing and half expecting Cindy to embarrass herself that first day to sobbing with her and feeling like I was witnessing a very rare thing.

Thought this would be a good thread to start for those of us who can't watch the trial through out the day, but wants to have a place for a quick 1 minute recap. For those that could listen, which side won today in court SA or DT, neither? and why? A poll would be nice, for a quick 30 second recap, but I don't know how to do one.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:TEAM CAYLEE ! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

One more thought: The State needs to remind the jury that KC had Tons Of "Real Life" Friends, too!

AND, she lied to every one of them...this was conniving and not necessarily a psychological disorder. And, for those that believe that she won't or can't remember the details of all those elaborate lies....Oh no, that was her job...that's how she made a living...State needs to reinforce this in the minds of the jury. She is a classic con-artist.

Katy - do you think the jailhouse tapes will come in? I would love for the jury to hear "this is the first time I can't shwallow I'm so angry", and the "you all had chili without me". Not a mere mention of the name Caylee Marie Anthony. And all her laughing, giggling, and suprise, suprise. And especially, to GA "you've been the best dad and the best grandad".

If anything, I think they might come in around the yuri testimony, but am not sure.

What say you?

Hugs,

Mel

I hope they play the tape where she says "I believe that Caylee is close."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members