Who won in court today? 5/31/2011

Which side won in court today?

• Total voters
I voted neither. I believed the state scored big with the 911 tape until CA backtracked about the dead body smell. I do think the jailhouse tape where ICA says everyone is only worried about Caylee was a big score for the state.
The defense scored by getting CA to backtrack on the smell and about the ladder. So I consider it a draw leaning toward the defense. JMHO

I don't think the backtrack by Cindy about the smell is a big deal at all. The jury got to hear her 911 call. That was a home run, no, a GRAND SLAM. So nothing she said afterwards mattered much.

The best thing that happened for that DT was the confusion about the ladder being down on the 16th, according to Cindy. However, it might backfire. imo

I've never had any feelings about CA pro or con prior to the start of the trial, but today, when JB asked that poor woman if she still believed Caylee was alive, I wanted to jump through my tv screen, scoop her up in my arms, and slap JB right across the face on our way out of the court room. That was beyond cruel...it was sadistic.

That unoooosual person only said that because a very emotional CA said (I believe during the FRYE hearings that she thought Caylee was still alive and out there somewhere).

Well the dude knows that Cindy doesn't believe it anymore and decided to :rage: on her anway.

So unfair.

Mel

I don't think the backtrack by Cindy about the smell is a big deal at all. The jury got to hear her 911 call. That was a home run, no, a GRAND SLAM. So nothing she said afterwards mattered much.

The best thing that happened for that DT was the confusion about the ladder being down on the 16th, according to Cindy. However, it might backfire. imo

Katy - do you think the jailhouse tapes will come in? I would love for the jury to hear "this is the first time I can't shwallow I'm so angry", and the "you all had chili without me". Not a mere mention of the name Caylee Marie Anthony. And all her laughing, giggling, and suprise, suprise. And especially, to GA "you've been the best dad and the best grandad".

If anything, I think they might come in around the yuri testimony, but am not sure.

What say you?

Hugs,

Mel

Re: Cindy and the smell --- this is one part of the case that I haven't followed from the outset. For some reason I missed any backtracking she did during her depo and never re-read it. For me, the issue is one of semantics and tangled reporting. They are describing a smell by comparing it to other smells - did it smell like A or B, more like A or more like B, did it bring to mind A or B, etc. - and then they are asking for a rehash of a conversation about the smell, and then a 3 year later editorial on the rehash of the conversation about the comparison of a smell to a different smell.

I can't imagine any juror hearing of this for the first time that wouldn't be like: she smelled it just like (so far) 3 other people smelled it and all 4 of them thought "dead body" - and then all 4 of them blamed the smell on something else so they could deal with it. I mean that's the heart of the issue - not whether Cindy mentally compared it to flesh or pizza. Multiple reports say "smelled like something died in the trunk". I think THAT was the take-home message. Cindy came across IMO as justifiably trying to reconcile her heart and her head. That much anyone with a heart can understand, IMO.

Anyway, I said State won by a wide margin today.

Cindy has great attention to detail and a deep love and mamma-bear protectiveness for her granddaughter - so leaving the ladder down came across as unlikely.

Amy painted a picture of an ICA resentful of the glitch having a child threw into her social life.

Everyone painted an alarming picture of an ICA who cannot tell the truth - and once caught develops an even bigger lie --- just like the State's opening statement said.

ICA painted herself as she is in her jail tapes. 'nuff said.

I don't have a handle on it either -- but I think you're spot on. Since the DT opened the door with all that heresay nonsense (do you know who the father is) which really only ICA can testify to unless she told her mother directly (and CA was just guessing). Now the SA can bring in the felonies.

But what has me scratching my head is what does one have to do with the other?

:waitasec:

It should be an interesting morning tomorrow.

Mel

What I got from the sidebar thread is that if any testimony directly related to the case hinges on ICA's "word" (what she told someone else) then you can impeach her "word" by telling the jury that it's the word of a felon. So they can judge whether to believe that part of the testimony.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, attorneys. But that's what I got from it.

I agree with the poster that says Caylee won in today.

Sorry..couldnt vote today as the choices did NOT include Caylee..as I think she is winning hands down..Between Cindy's direct, cross and re-direct followed by AMY..I think for some reason CAYLEE was in that Courtroom..and I think even JP felt her there too!!..JP was so muted with his admonishons, and smack downs..and I JUST HEARD IT IN HIS VOICE!!..

Caylee will receive justice..I just feel it, sense it and understand it:seeya:

What I got from the sidebar thread is that if any testimony directly related to the case hinges on ICA's "word" (what she told someone else) then you can impeach her "word" by telling the jury that it's the word of a felon. So they can judge whether to believe that part of the testimony.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, attorneys. But that's what I got from it.

I think you're right. But I can't figure out how the testimony about the paternity differs from any of the other testimony that CA gave about what Casey told her. I read an answer on the Legal Experts thread that was interesting, about whether the SA should go for including the felonies tomorrow morning or not.

I think you're right. But I can't figure out how the testimony about the paternity differs from any of the other testimony that CA gave about what Casey told her. I read an answer on the Legal Experts thread that was interesting, about whether the SA should go for including the felonies tomorrow morning or not.

Now there I have no idea. Half the time someone is on the stand and says, "She said her mother was crazy" or "she said she went to work" or "she said she was with the nanny"- it totally flies. The other half the time it gets objected to as hearsay. I cannot tell the difference!

The STATE of Florida. The defense were :loser:

The State, as they do & will every day!!!

Justice for Caylee!

I thought that JB looked kind of silly when he had KC stand up so CA could see if she was fat or not. And the point? CA already said that she didn't think KC was pregnant before June.
I have never seen a defense put so much investment into proving that their client was an untrustworthy liar. Like that is a good thing.

As much as I'd like to vote for the SAO.......the DT was so inept and disjointed that they couldn't even be considered in the running!

Do I really think the DT is THAT inept? NOPE.....just part of a mistrial or appeal strategy IMO.

State and I got the OM*G moment that I have been waiting for.

Good grief, just HHBP's smack down of JB was a score for the state. It made the defense look not merely unorganized but unplanned, like they have no idea what they are doing and are just improvising as they go along. MOO.

BBM

What's the deal on that? What did JB say that might allow the 6 priors in?
I really did listen today but I got so mad at JB at one point I had to walk away because I was afraid of getting banned if my fingers continued to type away. I can't imagine what those jurors think of JB.

Didn't JB say something about KC "stealing" the car when talking about the 911 tapes to CA. Because I thought wow he just open the door.:great:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back