Who won in court today? 5/31/2011

Which side won in court today?

• Total voters
State won, with compassion, method and dignity. When JB said "Zanny the Nanny" for the millionth time I shouted at my computer, "Bore Ya the Lawyer" but I didn't call him that on here because I didn't want to violate the TOS.

State did, IMO, in part because of Baez's colossal blunder. Very good day for Caylee!

My sister who has only been following this case since opening statements told me Baez's cross examination of CA was silly and ineffective, and that it fell flat after the power of the 911 calls and jail tape.

My sis is my gauge of sorts. She's new to this case and feels this way, then some of the jurors probably do too.

IMHO, the State won big time in court today!!! ICA's call home was devastating and Amy's testimony also damaged ICA's defense.

Don't know where to put this since the sidebar thread is closed, so I will post it here....

Regarding the Huggins v. State of Florida case.... just a little tid bit. The victim in that case, Carla Larson, was the sister-in-law of Gainesville student murder victim, Sonya Larson. Sonya was murdered in 1990 at the beginning of her freshman year at the University of Florida by Danny Rolling, whom HHJP referenced in one of the hearings when Baez was whining about the change of venue. Sonya's brother was married to Carla. So he has lost two loved ones, his sister and wife, to violent murder.

Interesting how so many of these cases get tied together. Danny Rolling was executed, John Huggins is on death row.... and Casey Anthony will soon get what she deserves.

JMHO

Wow! Cindy was soooo REAL in court today. Crying, not caring about her makeup, etc.

Seems she just wants to tell the TRUTH as she knows it.

:woohoo:

The State of course. The defense is better at entertaining me though.

We need the light moments huh? I thought I would crack when AH said she was not afraid of CA but nervous because KC said her Mom was crazy.

I found myself feeling so much pain for what Cindy had to endure today. She stayed strong and told the truth. I just wanted to hug her. I hope and pray Lee follows his parents lead and does the honest thing. Remember Tony L said when Lee came over to pick up ICA's things he said he should have warned TL about his sister and he was not allowed to testify to it. Hopefully Lee can.

We all want justice for angel Caylee and so far, so good. Love all of you who post through the day so I can catch up while at work.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!

THe State won. I work for a plumbing service company. One of our young guys , single, very cute, loves girls, came in just as HLN was reshowing Cindy's breakdown on the stand and KCs non reaction. Brian said "Wow, they should kill her, she's awful, they should torture her to death". He's ready to fry ICA just for what she did today to her mother let alone killing her innocent baby girl. FWIW he's a young guy, single, no kids, but has nieces and nephews and he would vote guilty.

BBM

What's the deal on that? What did JB say that might allow the 6 priors in?
I really did listen today but I got so mad at JB at one point I had to walk away because I was afraid of getting banned if my fingers continued to type away. I can't imagine what those jurors think of JB.

I got really angry with him and his client sitting there like a bump on a log it made me sick I'm diabetic after Cindy broke down I checked my bs it was 416 normal is 120 I had more of a reaction than the defendant as I am sure most did. It was the most heartbreaking court testimony I have ever witnessed. God love Cindy I hope she is OK tonight.

I don't think the backtrack by Cindy about the smell is a big deal at all. The jury got to hear her 911 call. That was a home run, no, a GRAND SLAM. So nothing she said afterwards mattered much.

The best thing that happened for that DT was the confusion about the ladder being down on the 16th, according to Cindy. However, it might backfire. imo
I agree the backtracking about the smell isn't a big deal in the end because there is so much to say it was the smell of decomposition. Plus there was Cindy's comments about 'what died in there' and comparing it to rotting flesh so it's not like she was completely able to distant it from the smell of death.

I also agree the DT's only real good point was the ladder. Although that could be a biggie.

I think the SA definitely won the day.

- The jail tapes. The jury got to hear Casey in her own words. She comes across as an uncaring mother and uncaring to those that loved Caylee.

- The 911 tapes. We have Cindy's 'dead body in the damn car' and we also hear an completely detached Casey compared to a frantic Cindy. Again she comes across as uncaring mother.

Both of these tapes shoots the defense's theory in the foot as well. She could have given her loved ones the answers they sought and gotten herself out of jail if it was an accident, but she didn't. The defense is trying to paint her as someone who is in her own world of lies, but it doesn't explain why she felt nothing for her daughter or her loved ones that were searching for her daughter which is what these tapes show. These tapes shows she is a sociopath that had no feelings for her daughter, not some poor victim that tragically lost her beloved daughter in an accident.

- Amy basically providing a motive. Casey couldn't do what she wanted because of Caylee and there was a lot of tension because Cindy wanted her to be a responsible mother.

- We hear Casey acknowledges the smell and claims it was a dead animal to Amy. Again we are brought back to the smell of death that Casey herself knows was there.

I found myself feeling so much pain for what Cindy had to endure today. She stayed strong and told the truth. I just wanted to hug her. I hope and pray Lee follows his parents lead and does the honest thing. Remember Tony L said when Lee came over to pick up ICA's things he said he should have warned TL about his sister and he was not allowed to testify to it. Hopefully Lee can.

We all want justice for angel Caylee and so far, so good. Love all of you who post through the day so I can catch up while at work.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!

I think Lee after seeing his mom totally destroyed on that stand today is going to kick some butt!!!! JMO

I also think the State won today!

Heck if that girl had any kind of heart or feelings at all she whould have stopped the trial today and said enough!!!!!! I did it!!!! This is what happend it has to end now! She would do herself a favor! JMO

I agree the backtracking about the smell isn't a big deal in the end because there is so much to say it was the smell of decomposition. Plus there was Cindy's comments about 'what died in there' and comparing it to rotting flesh so it's not like she was completely able to distant it from the smell of death.

I also agree the DT's only real good point was the ladder. Although that could be a biggie.

I think the SA definitely won the day.

- The jail tapes. The jury got to hear Casey in her own words. She comes across as an uncaring mother and uncaring to those that loved Caylee.

- The 911 tapes. We have Cindy's 'dead body in the damn car' and we also hear an completely detached Casey compared to a frantic Cindy. Again she comes across as uncaring mother.

Both of these tapes shoots the defense's theory in the foot as well. She could have given her loved ones the answers they sought and gotten herself out of jail if it was an accident, but she didn't. The defense is trying to paint her as someone who is in her own world of lies, but it doesn't explain why she felt nothing for her daughter or her loved ones that were searching for her daughter which is what these tapes show. These tapes shows she is a sociopath that had no feelings for her daughter, not some poor victim that tragically lost her beloved daughter in an accident.

- Amy basically providing a motive. Casey couldn't do what she wanted because of Caylee and there was a lot of tension because Cindy wanted her to be a responsible mother.

- We hear Casey acknowledges the smell and claims it was a dead animal to Amy. Again we are brought back to the smell of death that Casey herself knows was there.

If the defense's whole argument is that KC lived in a fantasy world that she couldn't distinguish from reality how do they explain her making up a relationship with JH when she clearly had a real life boyfriend that she was crazy about? Why would you have to invent a pretend boyfriend when she ha a real life boyfriend?

Hi Im from the UK and up until a few weeks ago hadnt followed this case. I stumbled on it in the news on CNN (Its not making news in the UK) and have since followed the trial.

I imagined myself as a juror and disregarded anything I had read but WOW Its so hard to watch Casey remaining emotionless and her mother at breaking point

Seeing Cindy break was like watching my grandmother break - I see the look of PURE love and adoration for her grandbaby and I'm sure many of you will recognise that look from your own grandparents.

Such a sad case and my heart really does break for Cindy, George and family

Im not a believer in the death sentence but feel Casey should be locked up forever with no priviledges

I think the State won today - the defence seemed very petty and made no valid points
Thank you for your input, it's enlightening. Having followed this case since 2008, it is difficult for me to discern how a jurer, or someone like yourself, would respond to hearing specific details for the first time. I thought, as you mentioned, the obvious genuine grief expressed by the grandmother contrasts significantly with the defendent demeanor. I'm more hopeful the jury will be attuned to this as well.

don't throw rocks at me. I believe the state won, but for just a second with all his talk of "imaginary friends" I began to think ICA might be mentally ill - then I came back to reality - even people with mental illness can and do know right from wrong. She's a psychopath - no feeling, no conscience, plain an simple. I'm over my moment of weakness.

Thank you for your input, it's enlightening. Having followed this case since 2008, it is difficult for me to discern how a jurer, or someone like yourself, would respond to hearing specific details for the first time. I thought, as you mentioned, the obvious genuine grief expressed by the grandmother contrasts significantly with the defendent demeanor. I'm more hopeful the jury will be attuned to this as well.

State, no question in my mind. Cindy had me SOBBING and I was never a fan of hers.

I didn't read any of the other entries in this thread simply because I wanted to write my opinion, unadulterated.

Who won in court today you asked?

Caylee Marie Anthony did.

:praying::praying::praying:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members