Who's Who in Cold Cases

Hi, my name is Karl (gee, who would have guessed) and I'm an IT security consultant based in Portland, ME but currently on a long term assignment in Quebec City, Canada. I am divorced, no children and being on the road a lot does not allow for pets in my life. In my line of work lonely night shifts are the norm but not being the hermit type I found that the Net can fill some of my socializing needs. I work with computer networks so I can access the Net without neglecting my duties... or so I tell myself.

It's the Lynn Moran case that brought me here first a few months ago. Moran was that young ballet dancer who had vanished from downtown Portland (ME) and was thought to have been kidnapped until her body was found in the harbor some weeks later. In her case it was determined that she had accidentally drowned and foul play was ruled out but other cases I found on this forum have caught my attention. I have been interested in true crime ever since I was a teen (I am 42 now) and a close female friend of mine was the victim of a heinous crime.

At first it was personal and I just wanted to understand what drives some human beings to behave so destructively without regard for the consequences of their actions on other individuals. But soon I found myself more and more drawn to one aspect of true crime: cold cases, those instances where "the system" fails to solve a case, be it failing to find the perpetrator(s) or even failing to determine if a crime had actually occured. I have always been attracted to mysteries and the challenge that solving them poses.

Can I play too? I like to come here and read about the old cases. I got interested in true crime when I was really young. My grandma used to have those true crime magazines laying around and I would get bored and read them, and loved the danger, excitement and mystery, not to mention the sadness that they had. I came to websleuths during the Danielle Van Dam saga, beginning when she went missing. My son is her age, and I was devistated. I have been here ever since. I am 37, been married for 14 years and have two children. I am a stay at home mom, and a military wife. I have lived in OH, MA, AK, and CA, and soon to be NC. I have been a student for the past 4 years, and will be getting my associates degree in the Spring, and transfer to ECSU next fall where I will get a degree in speech pathology, then will have to complete two more years for my master's degree. I want to work with children with speech problems. For fun I like to read, sew, cook, play with my dog, and just hang out doing nothing at all!

BTW I have read Matt Birkbeck's book on Sharon Marshall, and I am also interested in the missing Sodder children. My grandma that got me into crime was from Fayette!

Hi My name is MJ I am from Canada I have a degree in sociology concentration in crime and deviance and another degree in criminology. Needless to say I am very interested in cold cases and missing persons cases

Morning/Afternoon All,

My name is Suzanne and I live outside of Atlanta. I'm married to the love of my life and we have 2 children, 14 & 8. I am a paralegal...all types of law. My interests are cold cases, children's rights activism, gardening, exercise and reading...when I'm not busy with my family. ;)

Hi, My name is Kyra. I am married to a wonderful man, I have 2 wonderful daughters, and one in Heaven. I have 2 darling stepkids, who are both grown and have families of their own. I also have a small zoo...2 dogs, a cat, 7 Degus, and our horse a 12 year old AQHA gelding. (I am not happy without lots of four legged furry friends around me) :)
I have been reading this forum for about a week before I joined, and I really like it.
Thanks for letting me be a part of it.
:)

Hi all

My name is Tab. I'm another native Texan who just moved to the East Coast last year. I'm a newspaper reporter/editor and have been into true crime since a very young age as both of my folks work in law enforcement. I am most interested in cold cases; trying to gather pieces of a puzzle and fit them together appeals to me, as well as finding a name for the unidentified and seeking justice for all.

I have two "children," both of whom are covered in fur and spoiled beyond belief. I basically spend my free time reading, writing and hanging at the beach.

Hello to all of you. I am here because of the disappearance of my husband's family members in 1974. His sister, her 4 year old daughter and 10 month old son went missing, and have never been heard from since. We're currently waiting on a DNA test against a body found "washed out of the hills" in 1981. It could be my husband's sister. You can see the summary on the Cold Case Freda Denman. I'm a 50 year old grandmother of 6. My second husband and I have an addiction to sports cars. Our "child" is a Jack/Rat (Jack Russell and Rat Terrier mix). My sister and I have worked our case for over 5 years. My sister used to work for a private eye in Texas. She had access to some very good investigative tools. Our story is quite involved with ex-cons, Alacatraz, quasi-churches, and we'll no doubt end up writing our own book, because it would be impossible to repeat all the information we have accumulated. Along the way I have met some outstanding individuals through the Doe Network, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, The Carol Sund Foundation and here on Websleuths.

shelsearay said:
Hello to all of you. I'm a 50 year old grandmother of 6. My second husband and I have an addiction to sports cars.
Andshe drives a new 350Z. You're the coolest, S. ;)

Yes, my "need for speed" sometimes extends to my mouth. . . . gets me in all kinds of trouble. I've also been known to unintentionally send e-mail back to the sender along with the disparaging remarks I'd made about them that I thought was being sent on to my sister. Let's see, there is the convict that wondered why I said something about being full of ........ There was the client I told my boss was wacked. That became an exhibit in a lawsuit the wacko filed. :behindbar Some days I get a little hyper.

But you're always pleasant to members of the psychic community...;)

My name is Mullins, and I found WebSleuths while surfing the internet for information on cold cases occurring between 1975-1983. I am the sibling survivor of a homicide victim. My sister was abducted from her place of employment, raped, sexually battered and literally shot to pieces on Valentine's Day in 1982. Post conviction DNA testing linked her murderer (who has been on death row since 1985) to another murder on Valentine's Day 1981, a 17 year old whose body was found less than half a mile from my sister's. The murderer has not been charged with this additional crime yet. I believe my sister's murder was one in a long line of murders committed by the same individual. It is my hope to help solve other cold cases while helping grieving family members who have not located a murdered family member who may also have been a victim of my sister's murderer. I have found WebSlueths to be so helpful in generating ideas in related cold cases, a reference to other helpful websites, and a place to feel "at home" among other like-minded human beings. Every moment I spend on the cold case forum is time that I feel in my heart is well spent. Thanks to everyone for participating in a great forum, and thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Mullins said:
My name is Mullins, and I found WebSleuths while surfing the internet for information on cold cases occurring between 1975-1983. I am the sibling survivor of a homocide victim. My sister was abducted from her place of employment, raped, sexually battered and literally shot to pieces on Valentine's Day in 1982.
May I ask in what state did this happen?

My name is mj and I have been comming to Websleuths about 6 months now. I guess my
sleuthing abilities are not so keen latley because I didn't even see this thread until today, lol. Cold Case forum is where I spend the most time . I found this site when researching the Sharon Davis case. I work in a library. I love doing research and am blessed to have a job I love. Aside from my intrest in missing people and cold cases I have several other hobbies. I collect clothing buttons and love to read.

mjak

I wanted to take the opportunity to wish a very, very Merry Christmas and the happiest of holiday wishes to all my Cold Case friends and family.

I hope Santa is good to all of you!

yes santa was good to me but it was only short lived heading into work at this early am to deal with all the retail day after hell. returns and such

Hi

I am lindsay, im from the UK and i am completly new, i haven't posted as yet, but have an interest in cold cases and missing, one of my friends was murdered in the early 1990's and that is what sparked off my interest in unsolved crimes and missing people.

Hi, my name is Karene (pronounced Kar-een), I live in Northern CA halfway between Sacramento and San Francisco. I work at everybody's favorite place to visit...DMV :bang: I work in HQ's though, so I don't get the pleasure of meeting all of our customers personally. I am divorced, and now in a wonderful relationship, I have no kids or pets but I have 9 nieces/nephews and 5 "step"children-to-be. I hate the word "step" when referring to a family member.

I stumbled onto WS when researching the Jonbenet Ramsey case and have been hooked ever since. I love to read true crime books (Ann Rule & now Matt Birkbeck), and I have a newfound passion for helping reunite people with lost/adopted family members. So far I'm 4 for 4!!!

Thanx to all you veteran sleuthers for making us feel welcome. And to the members that have personally experienced something that brings you here, my heart goes out to you-we are all here to help.

Shelsearay, I can tell you are going to keep us all laughing. I can relate to the email thing, except I sent a text msg when both parties were in the room with me. I was trying to tell "E" that "T" seemed to have forgotten his deodorant, but I sent it to "T" instead!!! I dunno who was more embarrassed, me or "T".

Ready, set...Sleuth!!

Hi there. I am 30 years old and single mum to 2 great kids. I work full time as a Teachers Assistant with 5 and 6 year olds ata primary school in England. I have always been interested in true crime cases and feel real empathy with the child missing/murder cases, I think as a result of having my own children. I always look for new information on the Memphis 3, JonBenet Ramsey and Peggy Irene Chappell. Alas on the latter there never seems to be anything!

I have 3 cats, enjoy reading crime and biographies, going to the cinema and spending time with my family. Look forward to speaking with you all soon!

missacorah said:
Peggy Irene Chappell. Alas on the latter there never seems to be anything!
Welcome to Websleuths Missa :)

I searched to see if any threads or post were here on WS about
Peggy Irene Chappell and couldn't find anything. I also did a search on the web... I found several links with information... some that just made me want to scream! It is a sad and interesting case. Why don't you start a Thread and title it Peggy Irene Chappell. That will help get some attention on the case and when people do a search hopefully it will come up.

I will help you research and post what I come up with.
Glad you're here :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back