Who's Who in Cold Cases

missacorah said:
Hi there. I am 30 years old and single mum to 2 great kids. I work full time as a Teachers Assistant with 5 and 6 year olds ata primary school in England. I have always been interested in true crime cases and feel real empathy with the child missing/murder cases, I think as a result of having my own children. I always look for new information on the Memphis 3, JonBenet Ramsey and Peggy Irene Chappell. Alas on the latter there never seems to be anything!

I have 3 cats, enjoy reading crime and biographies, going to the cinema and spending time with my family. Look forward to speaking with you all soon!
Any relation to Derek? :)

Thanks Yaya, good idea. Will do that tomorrow. Like you said too, it is so sad to read nothing about ther but that same webpage. How could a mother be that heartless?

Hi Shadowangel. sadly I am no relation to the man himself! LOL. I presume you are from the UK since you have heard of him?

missacorah said:
Hi Shadowangel. sadly I am no relation to the man himself! LOL. I presume you are from the UK since you have heard of him?
Nope, just a fan of "Most Haunted", which appears here courtesy of The Travel Channel. I also understand he's getting his own show (New Life Network/Channel)?.

My name is Kat, and my hometown is Rockville, Maryland...(Where the sniper shootings happened)...I work as a graphic designer and have always been intrigued by true crime...About five years ago, I was searching for a purpose in my empty life, and I came across the DoeNetwork...I took over for the state of Maryland, and while searching for new cases to put on the site I ran across something very disturbing that has driven me ever since...

I recognized this unidentified girl http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/237ufmd.html as someone I saw around Frederick, Maryland (yes the police in Maryland all know this) in and I've been determined to find out who she is ever since...I never knew who she was, just saw her hanging around Market and 7th Street, which was a popular hangout back in the days...

Anyhow, that's my story...

Shadowlands, yes Derek is getting his own show called 'derek Acorahs Ghost Towns and it is based on 1 city each time where he does an in depth ghost search for that place.

I dont know what other channels you can get there but Channel 4 in England starting tomorrow has a Celebrity Big Brother show and it is rumoured that he is going to appear on that which will be interesting (and spooky) for the people in the house with him! I know this is off topic but thought I would quickly mention it while we were on the subject incase anyone else is a fan!

That's why I started this thread...There is no topic!

I really like Derek, though I'm no big believer in psychics. I'm hoping The Travel Channel picks up his new show.

(And its Shadowangel, dearest...Gee...);) :p

Hello all!
My name is Kara and I am a couple of days new to this website.
I was looking at the forums from my hometown newspaper and came upon the Sodder thread and was hooked. I am a military wife born and raised in Beckley, West Virginia but now residing near Scott AFB. I have been married now for 11 years to my af hubby with 2 girls, a dog, and a cat.
I have always loved a good mystery and am a big fan of history especially if there is a murder or ghost attached! I have lived in Okinawa, Japan (major mystery and hauntings), Sydney Australia (lived beside a member of the Deidre Kennedy family who lost a 2 year old daughter out of her bedroom window to a killer 30 years ago who has been in and out of prison for her murder- first murder case world wide i think where bite marks were used to id the killer), and Turkey (where we had a domestic disturbance murder on the base and a couple of people left out in town bound in rope by the side of the road!) So needless to say I am hooked on this stuff! Just trying to understand what drives a human to this kind of terrible destruction of life is utterly mind blowing and interesting to me!

Hello evrybody!

My name is Kelley and I live in the good 'ol mountains of GA. I have 4 beautiful children, 2 boys and 2 girls, 14-11-7 and 5.
I have always been interested in true crime, I believe it started as a child watching unsolved mysteries. I love to read and can not pass up a good mystery - ever! I don't remember how I stumbled across WS but I am addicted! I'm on here during my lunch breaks and then again in the pm until bedtime. I have been focused more on the Sharon Marshall case and the story of Dalles here lately but I have to admit I visit every single thread daily. I love reading all your great posts and hope that I can gain more courage to post my ideas as well.
I love love love books (any reading material), football (Go dawgs! Go Packers!), genealogy, all the crime/drama shows (especially 48 hours mystery) - my hubby calls me drama mama cuz it's the only thing that really grabs my attention.
Nice to meet you all!

Rainbow, Karanjeff, Marylandmissing, Misscorah, Lindsay, and everyone else who I might have missed. Welcome to WS. Please join in and post. We don't bite (or at least most of us don't, LOL, and even those that do are just little nips). But we welcome fresh ideas. So if you have a thought about something being discussed, don't be afraid to post it.
Anyway, happy to see you all.

Hello all :) What a nice way to meet everyone.

I read these forums for a long long time before I joined - kind of shy that way. I became interested in cold cases because my husband has a missing Uncle. Family rumor is that he was murdered and thrown in the bottom of a mine and the police would do nothing.

I think it's extremely important to put names to faces and vice versa. Everyone deserves at least that.

While I had the time (busy, busy) I wanted to say welcome to everyone, too. All opinions are appreciated here, and the more we work together the better chance we have to really do some good for the people we discuss here. ;)

Hi everyone...CODIS here...Believe it or not Laci Peterson's case brought me here. I'm a 33 yr old US Government securities trader in New York. I've been married for 3 1/2 months. I inherited a 20 year old cat for my efforts. :D The same time I started in the securities trade I was accepted into the FBI's trainee program( sort of the Jodie Foster character in "Silence of the Lambs" ), but I ended up staying with the private sector . I don't post too often being pressed for time mostly. Cold Case Files, Unsolved Mysteries, and American Justice is pretty much all I watch. Pretty good people that post here.

Your gut instinct is usually your best bet!!!

Hello everyone - It's taken me so long to overcome registration problems that now that I'm finally here, I don't know what to say! I guess I can start by saying that my name is Barbara, and that I'm a closet detective from the west coast who masquerades as a college administrator by day.

I've been reading Websleuths for about six months now, but my interest in crime goes way back to my childhood. When I was seven (and a very precocious reader), I got my hands on a history of forensic science and was instantly fascinated. Sadly, later that same year, another seven year old (my friend's cousin) was kidnapped and murdered just a few miles from my house. That crime has always haunted me (to the best of my knowledge it's still unsolved), and sparked a strong interest in unsolved crimes and cold cases.

I've always been a little uncomfortable sharing my "hobby" with others, as many seem to find it disturbing and macabre, so I'm excited to join a group who understands that it's really all about a desire to find truth and justice for the victims. My husband and three teenage step-children are used to me studying the Doe Network etc., but don't always share my fascination with cases and possible matches.

I hope to be able to contribute something to the discussion and to share some interesting unsolved local cases that I have come across.

EPeel said:
Hello everyone - It's taken me so long to overcome registration problems that now that I'm finally here, I don't know what to say! I guess I can start by saying that my name is Barbara, and that I'm a closet detective from the west coast who masquerades as a college administrator by day.

I've been reading Websleuths for about six months now, but my interest in crime goes way back to my childhood. When I was seven (and a very precocious reader), I got my hands on a history of forensic science and was instantly fascinated. Sadly, later that same year, another seven year old (my friend's cousin) was kidnapped and murdered just a few miles from my house. That crime has always haunted me (to the best of my knowledge it's still unsolved), and sparked a strong interest in unsolved crimes and cold cases.

I've always been a little uncomfortable sharing my "hobby" with others, as many seem to find it disturbing and macabre, so I'm excited to join a group who understands that it's really all about a desire to find truth and justice for the victims. My husband and three teenage step-children are used to me studying the Doe Network etc., but don't always share my fascination with cases and possible matches.

I hope to be able to contribute something to the discussion and to share some interesting unsolved local cases that I have come across.
Hello Barbara :) I'm glad you were able to get registered, I know it's been a problem for several people.

I too became interested in crimes when I was a young child. My mother told me the story about when she and a friend discovered a body when she was a child and I was hooked from then on. As far as we know that murder has never been solved either. I've been a genealogy researcher for 20 years and began having success with private cases of missing people a couple of years ago, but I still have tons to learn about working unsolved crimes/cold cases. Webseluths is a wonderful place to learn and network and share our strange hobby :)

Do you remember the name of your friends cousin? It's be interesting to look into her case.

Welcome All,

I have read a few posts that mention unsolved murders. If you haven't already, you should consider posting the info on WS so we can research the cases.

I just stumbled across this thread and wanted to introduce myself. I am Rachel and I am very interested in true crime, especially cold cases. I love to watch the forensics shows on TV, and I have considered going into Forensic Nursing when I graduate. I'm torn on that aspect, since I also would love to be a midwife. Nothing like womb to tomb!

SoccerMom said:
I just stumbled across this thread and wanted to introduce myself. I am Rachel and I am very interested in true crime, especially cold cases. I love to watch the forensics shows on TV, and I have considered going into Forensic Nursing when I graduate. I'm torn on that aspect, since I also would love to be a midwife. Nothing like womb to tomb!
Hi Rachel!
A midwife attended my last birth (home water birth). I really admire the profession. Very interestng professions you're considering! I like your phrase "womb to tomb" :)

Marie said:
Hi Rachel!
A midwife attended my last birth (home water birth). I really admire the profession. Very interestng professions you're considering! I like your phrase "womb to tomb" :)

Thanks! I had a midwife for my last birth as well, but I was in the hospital. I'm not quite brave enough for the home birth, but I do love to see them. :)
The womb to tomb is something one of my instructors uses. I always liked it too. It's nice to "meet" you!

Hello! I don't offer much here at all, but hope some day I can! I am married to my best friend and have been for almost 6 years now. It took me all this time to find him. I have two (grown) children 19 and 23 and two stepdaughters. I also have 3 step grandsons (6, 9 and 13) and one granddaughter (3). I moved back to Illinois from St. Louis when my father became ill and then we moved in to my family home after he moved to Heaven in order to help my mom. I have been a medical transcriptionist for over 22 years and have worked various jobs in between when I got burned out of doing that. I spent 2 years working for a coroner and 1 1/2 years working as a judicial secretary. I have always wanted to go back to school to be a forensic psychologist, as I am intrigued by why people do what they do and hope some day we can learn to predict it ahead of time. I have always written stories and poetry but have never submitted anything for publication. I now work part time because of SLE (systemic lupus erythematosis) and because I watch my granddaughter 2 to 3 days a week while her mom works and all the other jobs I have around here. :D I do a lot of the physical upkeep of the property because my husband has a rare lung disorder (is on a weekly infusion to keep it from getting worse) and has a difficult time with grass and leaves. But, I love being outside and can do it so I don't mind. I have a tender heart when it comes to children and the elderly and got started here during the Laci and Connor Peterson case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back