Why do the McCanns care about us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so stunned when I first heard that they left the kids alone that I honestly thought that I must have heard the ages wrong.
I assumed she had an older sister or something.
That is how incredulous it was to me to do something like that, especially when you factor in that these are 2 professional people, doctors no less.

Some things are just common sense, Its like taking them to the beach and leaving them there, and then being surpirsed if something happend to them !!

I was so stunned when I first heard that they left the kids alone that I honestly thought that I must have heard the ages wrong.
I assumed she had an older sister or something.
That is how incredulous it was to me to do something like that, especially when you factor in that these are 2 professional people, doctors no less.

Some things are just common sense, Its like taking them to the beach and leaving them there, and then being surpirsed if something happend to them !!

I too thought heard the ages wrong and went online to check what I though I had misheard on the news. I was shocked to find out I had heard correctly. Then I was also shocked to hear the parents had not been taken into custody for leaving them alone.

mjak

Everyone keeps saying it's "impossible" for the McCanns to have disposed of Madeleine's body because of the media presence.

Did the newspapers follow the McCanns everywhere all summer? On each of Gerry's trips back and forth to the airport to pick up and drop off relatives? Every time they went to church? To the homes of people in PDL where their children swam?

I think that after the initial swarm went away, there were opportunities for the McCanns to do whatever they needed to in complete privacy.

Everyone keeps saying it's "impossible" for the McCanns to have disposed of Madeleine's body because of the media presence.

Did the newspapers follow the McCanns everywhere all summer? On each of Gerry's trips back and forth to the airport to pick up and drop off relatives? Every time they went to church? To the homes of people in PDL where their children swam?

I think that after the initial swarm went away, there were opportunities for the McCanns to do whatever they needed to in complete privacy.

Agreed, Calikid, the McCanns stayed up very late each night as well--they said once they went to bed at 10:30 because they were so tired, and that was very early for them.

They had media presence during "working hours" but other than that, they only had media presence when they alerted them or wanted it.

There is NO WAY the McCann's were able to keep, then transport and bury Madeleine McCann after they raised the alarm. The only thing that could convince me otherwise would be a confession from their own mouths or actual footage.

To say they only had media presence during working hours or when they wanted it would require someone to have followed the media the whole time. You don't think there was ONE SINGLE photog ALWAYS at the ready for a quick burial a la McCann? Imagine the bonus that would come with that photo! If the initial swarm went away (I think this unlikely) then that's when the PJ took over.

Respect it all, folks, but this one is WAY too out there for me.

There is NO WAY the McCann's were able to keep, then transport and bury Madeleine McCann after they raised the alarm. The only thing that could convince me otherwise would be a confession from their own mouths or actual footage.

To say they only had media presence during working hours or when they wanted it would require someone to have followed the media the whole time. You don't think there was ONE SINGLE photog ALWAYS at the ready for a quick burial a la McCann? Imagine the bonus that would come with that photo! If the initial swarm went away (I think this unlikely) then that's when the PJ took over.

Respect it all, folks, but this one is WAY too out there for me.

Did the press follow them to Fatima each time?

Hi everyone,

I came back today to read this thread that I started, because I hoped to find that someone had written in response to my original question ... why would innocent parents be so interested in public opinion and seemingly not so interested in finding their daughter?

Instead I am reading a rehash of really old stuff. They left the kids alone, they are arguidos, they could have moved the body.

If you really want to rehash these topics that's ok of course! But it would be helpful, given how MANY postings there are, if discussions followed the thread they are in. That way, folks with not enough time to read ALL the threads -- like me -- could choose a thread and find the stuff in there that fits with it.

Hope that makes sense to all.

Thanks!

There is no doubt in my mind that they will be cleared of this. I haven't felt so sure of anything since the Danielle van dam case.

Hope this is how it turns out Jayelles. FWIW, I haven't viewed the McCann's as murderers either.

Hi everyone,

I came back today to read this thread that I started, because I hoped to find that someone had written in response to my original question ... why would innocent parents be so interested in public opinion and seemingly not so interested in finding their daughter?

Instead I am reading a rehash of really old stuff. They left the kids alone, .....

Thanks!

hcc2007,
lol , So you came back to see if anyone wants to argue their point?:crazy: just kidding
I can't speak for anyone else but I can tell you that after personally following these kinds of cases for over 20 years, there is no guidebook explaining how to act, talk, what news media to talk to, when to lawyer up, when not to lawyer up, etc. There simply isn't a right or wrong way.

If the McCann's stayed inside and kept silent, people would have said they were hiding something. They can't win.

hcc2007,
lol , So you came back to see if anyone wants to argue their point?:crazy: just kidding
I can't speak for anyone else but I can tell you that after personally following these kinds of cases for over 20 years, there is no guidebook explaining how to act, talk, what news media to talk to, when to lawyer up, when not to lawyer up, etc. There simply isn't a right or wrong way.

If the McCann's stayed inside and kept been silent, people would have said they were hiding something. They can't win.

Totally agree.

Do you understand the concept of arguido? Do you know that some people actually ask to be made arguidos because it gives them more legal protection? It's not the same as a suspect in the US or UK. The McCanns had to be made arguidos so that the police could ask them certain questions. Kate was questioned for the first day as a witness and was asked no questions about Maddie's disappearance. Then she was made arguido for the second day of questioning so that they could ask her questions about Maddie's disappearance.

They aren't they only arguidos and more people may be made arguidos.

ETa:- But you're right of course, the Portuguese police didn't make them arguidos on a whim. They made them arguidos based on their theory that the McCanns injected their daughter with a massive dose of sleeping tablets then kept her body for 25 days before disposing of it under the full glare of the world's media.
There is no doubt in my mind that they will be cleared of this. I haven't felt so sure of anything since the Danielle van dam case.

As I understand it, as a "witness" they would not be allowed to refuse to answer questions. It is only after being made arguido(a)s that they would then be allowed to state "no comment" or refuse to answer.

The PJ were forced to make them arguidos because they refused to answer the questions and (I think) the PJ was preparing for the possibility of arrest.

It is very likely that the McCanns requested this arguido status themselves.

Who requested it is not exactly clear.

Links:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crime/article/0,,2164464,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2407089.ece

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/society/law_order/what+is+an+arguido/775257

Hi everyone,

Instead I am reading a rehash of really old stuff. They left the kids alone, they are arguidos, they could have moved the body.

If you really want to rehash these topics that's ok of course! But it would be helpful, given how MANY postings there are, if discussions followed the thread they are in. That way, folks with not enough time to read ALL the threads -- like me -- could choose a thread and find the stuff in there that fits with it.

Hope that makes sense to all.

Thanks!

Simple. The McCanns' greatest hope is that pressure is brought to bear on the Portuguese courts to declare there isn't enough evidence to try them. But in order to go back to having a normal life afterwards, the public has to believe they had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance in the first place.

I think the PR team for the McCanns is working on two objectives at once. The first one is to negate the impact of the forensic evidence- downplay the importance of the DNA (soiled diapers and sandal sweat), criticize the cadaver and blood dogs (chicken carcasses and smelly trash) and come up with "logical" reasons (death smell on Kate's clothes and Cuddle Cat) for some of the findings.

The second is to try the case in the media. By having family and friends speak up about the first objective as well as leak new witness statements, they create favorable opinions about the McCanns' guilt, or rather, lack of it. You'll notice there's very little actual fence-sitting; people either believe they had something to do with harming Madeleine or they didn't. I also saw something written on a blog about how the McCanns are pushing polar opposites. Stranger abduction vs. premeditated murder, with no gray in between so that public opinion has to settle on abduction. I mean, what kind of loving parent purposely murders their darling 3-year-old child and then chillingly goes out to eat as if nothing happened!

Throw in a few Maddie sightings to create reasonable doubt, and you have the masses screaming that the McCanns are being smeared and arrested for something they didn't do. Count on high-powered people they know to get the charges dropped and they can reclaim their middle-class lifestyle and pretend it was all a bad dream, even if they are one child short. That's why the parents care.

Well said, Calikid. The McCanns talk so much about a "normal life for the twins."

This is so unrealistic and pathetic, really. What child whose sibling was abducted and then disappeared, presumably forever (assuming Maddie is not found alive) has a normal life? Especially a sibling who manages to capture the public's attention and become a major news story across the globe?

The police don't smear people, only the press do that, except in this case.

You'll notice there's very little actual fence-sitting; people either believe they had something to do with harming Madeleine or they didn't.

This is just all so sad to me still. The information is so abundant, yet I can't be sure what is reliable and what is not. If anything "leaked" has any truth to it ... God help us. I am just still not ready to think that anyone could do such a thing to a child, and continue to deny it, etc. My heart just won't let me.

Each day, I read and I am torn more and get all confused again. Initially, I was pro-McCann ... now I am on the fence and rock from side to side with each passing moment. Science and forsenics would teach us to look at the evidence, but we are human and humans have feelings and emotions .... mine change daily.

Simple. The McCanns' greatest hope is that pressure is brought to bear on the Portuguese courts to declare there isn't enough evidence to try them. But in order to go back to having a normal life afterwards, the public has to believe they had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance in the first place.

I think the PR team for the McCanns is working on two objectives at once. The first one is to negate the impact of the forensic evidence- downplay the importance of the DNA (soiled diapers and sandal sweat), criticize the cadaver and blood dogs (chicken carcasses and smelly trash) and come up with "logical" reasons (death smell on Kate's clothes and Cuddle Cat) for some of the findings.

The second is to try the case in the media. By having family and friends speak up about the first objective as well as leak new witness statements, they create favorable opinions about the McCanns' guilt, or rather, lack of it. You'll notice there's very little actual fence-sitting; people either believe they had something to do with harming Madeleine or they didn't. I also saw something written on a blog about how the McCanns are pushing polar opposites. Stranger abduction vs. premeditated murder, with no gray in between so that public opinion has to settle on abduction. I mean, what kind of loving parent purposely murders their darling 3-year-old child and then chillingly goes out to eat as if nothing happened!

Throw in a few Maddie sightings to create reasonable doubt, and you have the masses screaming that the McCanns are being smeared and arrested for something they didn't do. Count on high-powered people they know to get the charges dropped and they can reclaim their middle-class lifestyle and pretend it was all a bad dream, even if they are one child short. That's why the parents care.

You nailed it, right on the head! They've taken a chapter or two from OJ, the Ramseys, Robert Blake, and all the others who have gotten away with murder.

McCanns also care about us because internet reports do not have to pass through the Mitchell-McCann Cleansing Spin Machine before the public can read them.

Like this one, from colomom's Portugese Press Reports thread:

Death would have occurred before dinner

While they await new results from analyses performed on traces, namely of blood and hair, that were collected in the Ocean Club apartment and from the Renault Scenic, the Policia Judiciaria keeps strong suspicions that the body of Madeleine McCann "passed through several locations" before it entered the boot of the car that was hired by her parents.

According to PJ, the girl died inside the apartment before her parents' dinner, at the Tapas restaurant, in a period that is comprehended between 7.00 and 8.30 p.m., as DN could find out from sources that are connected to the investigation.

During that time interval, Maddie's father was seen playing tennis in the resort, so the child and her twin siblings would have been guarded by their mother, given the fact that the resort's babysitter that took care of the children had been dismissed around 5.30 p.m.

There are no records or witnesses that saw Kate and Maddie during that fateful hour and half.

Absolutely spot on IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member