Why do the McCanns care about us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple. The McCanns' greatest hope is that pressure is brought to bear on the Portuguese courts to declare there isn't enough evidence to try them. But in order to go back to having a normal life afterwards, the public has to believe they had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance in the first place.

I think the PR team for the McCanns is working on two objectives at once. The first one is to negate the impact of the forensic evidence- downplay the importance of the DNA (soiled diapers and sandal sweat), criticize the cadaver and blood dogs (chicken carcasses and smelly trash) and come up with "logical" reasons (death smell on Kate's clothes and Cuddle Cat) for some of the findings.

The second is to try the case in the media. By having family and friends speak up about the first objective as well as leak new witness statements, they create favorable opinions about the McCanns' guilt, or rather, lack of it. You'll notice there's very little actual fence-sitting; people either believe they had something to do with harming Madeleine or they didn't. I also saw something written on a blog about how the McCanns are pushing polar opposites. Stranger abduction vs. premeditated murder, with no gray in between so that public opinion has to settle on abduction. I mean, what kind of loving parent purposely murders their darling 3-year-old child and then chillingly goes out to eat as if nothing happened!

Throw in a few Maddie sightings to create reasonable doubt, and you have the masses screaming that the McCanns are being smeared and arrested for something they didn't do. Count on high-powered people they know to get the charges dropped and they can reclaim their middle-class lifestyle and pretend it was all a bad dream, even if they are one child short. That's why the parents care.

Excellent! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Simple. The McCanns' greatest hope is that pressure is brought to bear on the Portuguese courts to declare there isn't enough evidence to try them. But in order to go back to having a normal life afterwards, the public has to believe they had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance in the first place.

I think the PR team for the McCanns is working on two objectives at once. The first one is to negate the impact of the forensic evidence- downplay the importance of the DNA (soiled diapers and sandal sweat), criticize the cadaver and blood dogs (chicken carcasses and smelly trash) and come up with "logical" reasons (death smell on Kate's clothes and Cuddle Cat) for some of the findings.

The second is to try the case in the media. By having family and friends speak up about the first objective as well as leak new witness statements, they create favorable opinions about the McCanns' guilt, or rather, lack of it. You'll notice there's very little actual fence-sitting; people either believe they had something to do with harming Madeleine or they didn't. I also saw something written on a blog about how the McCanns are pushing polar opposites. Stranger abduction vs. premeditated murder, with no gray in between so that public opinion has to settle on abduction. I mean, what kind of loving parent purposely murders their darling 3-year-old child and then chillingly goes out to eat as if nothing happened!

Throw in a few Maddie sightings to create reasonable doubt, and you have the masses screaming that the McCanns are being smeared and arrested for something they didn't do. Count on high-powered people they know to get the charges dropped and they can reclaim their middle-class lifestyle and pretend it was all a bad dream, even if they are one child short. That's why the parents care.
Well said Calikid, great post, couldnt agree more.:clap: :clap: :clap:

That would all count for nothing , nothing if we got A) A body being found or B) even some cast iron forensic evidence C ) or even god forbid and end to the endless leaks by the Local plod

at the moment the whole thing is just a big mess . A mess for justice a mess for the Mccaans who if they are innocent must be going through hell - imagine if you were villified and accused of murdering your cgild if you DIDNT do it .

The Police need to very soon either charge them and present what they have or make a statement to the contrary - this limbo of arguido for months on end is crazy.

At the end of the day if there is something that comes up that shows 100% the Macaans were guilty then the whole team Mccaan thing willl go as quickly as it went . They wikll be wisked back to portugal and will stand trial there - not in the daily mail and daily star

That would all count for nothing , nothing if we got A) A body being found or B) even some cast iron forensic evidence C ) or even god forbid and end to the endless leaks by the Local plod

at the moment the whole thing is just a big mess . A mess for justice a mess for the Mccaans who if they are innocent must be going through hell - imagine if you were villified and accused of murdering your cgild if you DIDNT do it .

The Police need to very soon either charge them and present what they have or make a statement to the contrary - this limbo of arguido for months on end is crazy.

At the end of the day if there is something that comes up that shows 100% the Macaans were guilty then the whole team Mccaan thing willl go as quickly as it went . They wikll be wisked back to portugal and will stand trial there - not in the daily mail and daily star

Excellent post.

Excellent post.

Actually if my child were missing, being villified would be nothing, nothing at all, compared to losing my child. I don't think I would even notice, I'd be so obsessed with finding my child.

That's what's so weird, and frankly annoying, about this couple. They're wallowing in self-pity when it's MADELEINE who may well have been raped, molested, abused, and/or killed. How can anyone be so insanely selfish that they think of themselves instead of their child?

No one answered my thread/question from a pro-McCann point of view. There are plenty of answers people might've given. A few that come to mind are:

"Feeling sorry for the parents gets more citiziens involved in the search."

"Publicizing that the family is HUMAN is more likely to get an abductor to return a child".

"Certain personalities respond to terrible losses by regressing back to a childlike state, become obsessed with their own safety and well-being."

"Loss of a child always makes a parent feel guilty, even if they did nothing wrong at all. Some people respond to that guilt by becoming hypersensitive to any sort of criticism."

The pro-McCann folks have not, and do not, offer explanations like that. They simply urge sympathy. Over and over. That's fine, of course, and sympathy is great! But the McCanns may have received more sympathy than any other parents in the history of child-abduction. 10,000% more than the average parent of a missing child typically gets.

Some children grow up being "the good child" -- stated unkindly they are "goody-goodies". That kind of child is more likely to grow up to be someone who is perfectionistic. They might be the straight-A student, or the one who never gets into trouble, or the one who "tells on" their peers.

People like that don't take criticism well because they've staked out the "goody" role for themselves. The McCanns, being doctors, may have the perfectionistic streak, and being raised Catholic may increase the "goody-goody" factor. So it's just abominable to them, to be considered un-perfect.

Anyway, just trying to come up with answers to my own question, here!

Yes, and so is making Robert Murat twist in the wind too, especially if he's been framed.

Actually if my child were missing, being villified would be nothing, nothing at all, compared to losing my child. I don't think I would even notice, I'd be so obsessed with finding my child.

That's what's so weird, and frankly annoying, about this couple. They're wallowing in self-pity when it's MADELEINE who may well have been raped, molested, abused, and/or killed. How can anyone be so insanely selfish that they think of themselves instead of their child?

No one answered my thread/question from a pro-McCann point of view. There are plenty of answers people might've given. A few that come to mind are:

"Feeling sorry for the parents gets more citiziens involved in the search."

"Publicizing that the family is HUMAN is more likely to get an abductor to return a child".

"Certain personalities respond to terrible losses by regressing back to a childlike state, become obsessed with their own safety and well-being."

"Loss of a child always makes a parent feel guilty, even if they did nothing wrong at all. Some people respond to that guilt by becoming hypersensitive to any sort of criticism."

The pro-McCann folks have not, and do not, offer explanations like that. They simply urge sympathy. Over and over. That's fine, of course, and sympathy is great! But the McCanns may have received more sympathy than any other parents in the history of child-abduction. 10,000% more than the average parent of a missing child typically gets.

One thing I don't understand is that the McCanns said the PJ told them not to show any emotion because it could play into a kidnapper's hands, but I don't see how someone could not show anguish over their abducted child. In fact, it's almost inhumane if the PJ asked the McCanns to do this.

I think the McCanns care what we think because the truth hurts, and I believe the truth has been mentioned in this forum.
Blaming the P LE for leaks or any other LE involved is just a tactic to shift the blame and put everyone off track. We are all human and therefore can and will make mistakes, but the prejudice you see on this forum if you dont agree with some posts is not helping to find a georgeous little girl called Madelaine

One thing I don't understand is that the McCanns said the PJ told them not to show any emotion because it could play into a kidnapper's hands, but I don't see how someone could not show anguish over their abducted child. In fact, it's almost inhumane if the PJ asked the McCanns to do this.

I totally agree. Besides, it's very odd considering that no parent of any abducted child in the U.S. (and aren't we the capital for abducted children?) has ever taken this approach.

As well, the McCanns consulted U.S. experts in child abductions.

So I think this may have been a one sentence remark from one expert who mentioned it as a possibility against perhaps dramatic pleas for return--sort of a profiler opinion--but not necessarily a hard and fast, fact-proven directive.

I totally agree. Besides, it's very odd considering that no parent of any abducted child in the U.S. (and aren't we the capital for abducted children?) has ever taken this approach.

As well, the McCanns consulted U.S. experts in child abductions.

So I think this may have been a one sentence remark from one expert who mentioned it as a possibility against perhaps dramatic pleas for return--sort of a profiler opinion--but not necessarily a hard and fast, fact-proven directive.

Or an outright lie and lame excuse directed at people like us who question why the McCanns seem so cold and uncaring.

It was a profiler opinion:

"In fact, criminal profilers had advised them to display no overt emotion in case Madeleine’s abductor “got off" on the sight of her parents in obvious distress. Off camera, they were deeply distressed and received help from counsellors."

Link

I know in court cases, people are told to not show emotion, and I've felt that's pretty difficult at times. I can see how a profiler would recommend that.

It was a profiler opinion:

"In fact, criminal profilers had advised them to display no overt emotion in case Madeleine’s abductor “got off" on the sight of her parents in obvious distress. Off camera, they were deeply distressed and received help from counsellors."

Link

I know in court cases, people are told to not show emotion, and I've felt that's pretty difficult at times. I can see how a profiler would recommend that.

Well, that's what the McCanns say. Whether they're telling the truth is another matter.

Frankly, I've never heard of this before. Police departments usually advise that using emotion is helpful in getting kidnapped children back because the parents try to get the abductors to feel sorry for them.

I've also heard that the PJ made this "recommendation" to the parents after they began to suspect them. Knowing very few parents would be able to keep their feelings in check, they believed if the McCanns did, it was another indicator that they had a hand in harming Madeleine. Rather ingenious.

Sara Payne showed little emotion and remained strong in front of the cameras when her daughter Sarah was abducted and murdered by a paedophile.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/in_depth/uk/2000/newsmakers/1723382.stm

Sara, at least in front of the cameras, was never hysterical, never ranting, but resolute and controlled. But when, three weeks after Sarah's disappearance, police delivered the dreaded news that a body had been found and they believed it was Sarah's, her mother could not accept the news.

I remember Sara Payne's calmness so well. I was amazed that she could remain so calm and strong when her little girl was missing.

This is one of the things which the Eyes for Lies website comments on - that the McCanns are driven by their belief that Maddie is still alive and this is what keeps them strong.

Or the belief that in doing so, they would help other children and keep a promise made to make Madeleine's life worthwhile and meaningful...The need for atonement can be a very strong driving factor as well.

Sara Payne showed little emotion and remained strong in front of the cameras when her daughter Sarah was abducted and murdered by a paedophile.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/in_depth/uk/2000/newsmakers/1723382.stm

I remember Sara Payne's calmness so well. I was amazed that she could remain so calm and strong when her little girl was missing.

This is one of the things which the Eyes for Lies website comments on - that the McCanns are driven by their belief that Maddie is still alive and this is what keeps them strong.

So why do they keep speaking of her in the past tense?

I don't buy that, if she is alive then the possibility that she is being sexually abused is high on the list, that alone would have me DEMENTED! I could not stay strong with that constant fear in my head! My God it is their little 4 year old & they know what these monsters keep children for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid