Why have Lisa's parents stopped talking to the media?

REMEMBER - everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no need to argue about it. If you disagree, either say so respectfully or just move past the post and don't respond to it. If the post is offensive, alert it and the mods will look at it.

Thanks,

Salem

Have the shirts always said "kidnapped"? I don't think I noticed that before, for whatever reason I thought they said "missing".

Eta: just did a quick google search, apparently a lot of the shirts and posters said kidnapped. Is that routine? Why did I think that most missing persons posters said "Missing"?

Have the shirts always said "kidnapped"? I don't think I noticed that before, for whatever reason I thought they said "missing".

Eta: just did a quick google search, apparently a lot of the shirts and posters said kidnapped. Is that routine? Why did I think that most missing persons posters said "Missing"?

I would have to say that not all missing persons are kidnapping victims. So in some cases putting "missing" is appropriate and in other cases "kidnapped" is appropriate. JMO.

Photo-op.

Yep ... Photo Op

:moo::moo::moo:
What is a photo op?
photo op - an occasion that lends itself to (or is deliberately arranged for) taking photographs that provide favorable publicity for those who are photographed
I don't see why Deborah and Jeremy would not want to put out a favorable photo of themselves. Makes perfect sense to me and I see nothing wrong with it.

The Old Navy-NCMEC event that was held between Sept 13 and 16th got no MSM attention that I can find. It sure didn't get any attention from the local KC media. So when DB/JI put a photo online from a local Old Navy showing their support for a worthy cause they are vilified? That doesn't seem fair to me. JMO.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/photo+op

http://oldnavy.missingkids.com/

JI and DB has their own little campaign and direction going on very early when they had the shirts printed "Kidnapped". I have not seen a parent wear a Kidnapped shirt before. It doesn't appear they are generating much support.

Don't they have any other pictures of this baby other than the few we have seen? It doesn't seem like they were very much into taking pictures.

Don't they have any other pictures of this baby other than the few we have seen? It doesn't seem like they were very much into taking pictures.

I've always thought that,I have hundreds of my son and daughter.just candid ones taken on my cell and a few sets of professional ones.
I think I've seen about 10photos of Lisa and they all seem to be younger ones.
I still wonder who was the last person to see Lisa who wasn't a member of that household.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Someone said once that there's been about 70 pictures of Lisa shown in the media. That doesn't mean that there's only 70 pictures PERIOD of Lisa. The media might not have an interest in showing hundreds of pictures. Not every picture is "media-friendly" and in most cases, the media tends to show the same 5-10 pictures over and over.

these "kidnapped" shirts are from last october...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/24/article-2052957-0E838A8600000578-577_634x503.jpg

regarding "kidnapped" vs "missing": i still find it interesting that on the ncmec website lisa is listed as "endangered/missing". many others however are listed as "non family abduction"...

What do we make of the parents not talking to the media for the anniversary? Is the media not paying them? Why aren't the lawyers requiring them to go on TV?

What do we make of the parents not talking to the media for the anniversary? Is the media not paying them? Why aren't the lawyers requiring them to go on TV?

I think that it's a bit premature to say that Lisa's parents are not going to talk to the media for the anniversary. Deborah did say this.
"We are on the investigation side right now," Bradley said. She declined further comment, but said reporters are invited to attend a candlelight vigil outside the family's house on October 3 to mark the anniversary of Lisa's disappearance.
I'm waiting until the vigil that she invited reporters to attend actually happens and see if they talk to them before I pass judgement. Media not paying them? They haven't in the past as far as I know. JMO.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ssouri-babybre88q1sk-20120927,0,4615079.story

I think that it's a bit premature to say that Lisa's parents are not going to talk to the media for the anniversary. Deborah did say this.

I'm waiting until the vigil that she invited reporters to attend actually happens and see if they talk to them before I pass judgement. Media not paying them? They haven't in the past as far as I know. JMO.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ssouri-babybre88q1sk-20120927,0,4615079.story

I'm talking about national media.

Why would the Anthonys get paid for pictures of Caylee, but D&J wouldn't get any money?

I'm talking about national media.

Why would the Anthonys get paid for pictures of Caylee, but D&J wouldn't get any money?

Doesn't matter - if you want to say that D&J did, you need to link it up. Do you have a link?

Thanks,

Salem

DB says "We are on the investigation side right now," Bradley said.

WTH does that mean?

DB says "We are on the investigation side right now," Bradley said.

WTH does that mean?

It means - "Since I know that LE only gives a statement once a year about the case, I can say anything I want, lie about anything I want, because LE won't refute it at least for several months. This way I can get public opinion on my side. I'm sneaky like that and I've gotten away with it so far, so gonna keep on lying and being evasive so that I am not arrested!"

It means - "Since I know that LE only gives a statement once a year about the case, I can say anything I want, lie about anything I want, because LE won't refute it at least for several months. This way I can get public opinion on my side. I'm sneaky like that and I've gotten away with it so far, so gonna keep on lying and being evasive so that I am not arrested!"

You got an awful lot of information from that one sentence. Frankly I don't know what the heck she's trying to say. You mentioned that she can say and lie about anything without being refuted by LE for several months. I wonder why KCPD didn't take the opportunity to refute her alleged lies in their recent press release? Maybe because they can't.

IMO there are better ways to get public opinion on your side then just saying the occasional statement every few months.

IMO there are better ways to get public opinion on your side then just saying the occasional statement every few months.

I agree, but I believe that for the people who have already decided that DB is guilty, nothing she says will change their opinion.

You got an awful lot of information from that one sentence. Frankly I don't know what the heck she's trying to say. You mentioned that she can say and lie about anything without being refuted by LE for several months. I wonder why KCPD didn't take the opportunity to refute her alleged lies in their recent press release? Maybe because they can't.

why would they? What if the police statement came first? (even if it didn't I don't see them doing that.)

:twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back