Why is Tim Miller as a Material Witness "significant"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be wonderful for Miller to testify about the lack of willingness of the family. But remember, if Miller is called as a witness by the defense, on cross examination, the prosocution can only ask questions on what was covered in direct questioning by the defense. Hey lawyers, am I correct on that?

Another question - for the reason cited above, can TM be both a Defense and a Prosecution witness? TIA :):)

I too was stunned when I heard this at the hearing. What on earth could have been his motivation to share with an atty not directly involved in this case? :waitasec: I wondered if indirectly he was using BC as an intermediary to take the info to Casey's team that there's nothing of value to be had with these records? Has anyone got a theory as to why he would have let BC look over this private information?

MN's motivation to give the search grids to BC is one thing, but do we know for sure that the personally identifiable information (other than first and last names, maybe) was contained in that communication, for sure? I am assuming here that MN's representation of the Anthony's required a continuity of case relevance that required him to release any and all work product to their new attorney BC, that is my take on it. Do we know the exact date that MN provided this info to BC, was it before or after Caylee was located?

TM asked friend how he could help. (GA) Friend said he didn't know how he (TM) could help. Cause he (GA) knows what he needs is info from the girl setting in that room. And she an't talking.

Not an exact quote....

Oh yeah, that's right. Something about, "ask that b**** in there". So this came from TM?
I remember a few months ago I was looking everywhere for a clip of GA arguing with people outside, because I thought he said it during one of those incidents, but I was obviously wrong.

Thanks for the reply!

I too was stunned when I heard this at the hearing. What on earth could have been his motivation to share with an atty not directly involved in this case? :waitasec: I wondered if indirectly he was using BC as an intermediary to take the info to Casey's team that there's nothing of value to be had with these records? Has anyone got a theory as to why he would have let BC look over this private information?

I wasn't stunned about this. It actually sounded reasonable.

It wasn't said in the courtroom that BC took the files, copied files, etc. He was just allowed to review them. Look for persons who would have been around the area where the body was found. Pretty reasonable.

At that time, that was the same goal as NM, TM, TES. Which tells me that BC understood that only those certain folks were needed.

JB had to go to court, because he kept over reaching and demanding way more then he needs. He wanted ALL the files, no matter what. And he wanted the files to take back to where ever. To do as he pleases.

Oh yeah, that's right. Something about, "ask that b**** in there". So this came from TM?
I remember a few months ago I was looking everywhere for a clip of GA arguing with people outside, because I thought he said it during one of those incidents, but I was obviously wrong.

Thanks for the reply!

Well, now.. It doesn't mean he didn't say it more the once. Or that someone else didn't say it.

TM didn't use the 'B' word, as you said it. And he was repeating what GA's friend said to him. So if you recall the 'b' word being used by someone, in that kind of sentence, then you might be thinking about another clip.

The defense can theorize this all it desires, however, since Casey did not go to jail until October 14th and the botanists will testify (and have already stated) that Caylee was there AT LEAST (that means at a minimum) four months...well, that puts the ball squarely back in Casey's court so to speak.

I think that we have to remember that Casey was under house arrest between the time Leonard Padilla bailed her out from her first arrest and when she was finally arrested for murder. We know she had permission to go a few places such as her attorney's office, but she was being guarded at all times and had on an ankle monitor. So, it's not like she was roving the neighborhood at will.

But, even if it somehow can be proven that Caylee's body was not at the Suburban site BEFORE Casey was taken into custody, that DOES NOT exclude Casey as the killer, because there could be another person who moved the body to help Casey. The defense is going to have to come up with more than this to prove their case. Otherwise, I think this is not going to work.

MN's motivation to give the search grids to BC is one thing, but do we know for sure that the personally identifiable information (other than first and last names, maybe) was contained in that communication, for sure? I am assuming here that MN's representation of the Anthony's required a continuity of case relevance that required him to release any and all work product to their new attorney BC, that is my take on it. Do we know the exact date that MN provided this info to BC, was it before or after Caylee was located?

I don't believe MN said what date he provided the file(s) to BC. My impression was that it was fairly recent, ie after he started representing TES, so most likely after caylee's body was found.

Spangle (thanks S) keeps trying to explain why it was a good move by MN but I'm just not getting it...........and I'm sure it's because of my inexperience re legal processes. My impressions of MN however are ALL positive so I'll just mark this one up to folks who know more than I.....yet again. LOL:)

Well, now.. It doesn't mean he didn't say it more the once. Or that someone else didn't say it.

TM didn't use the 'B' word, as you said it. And he was repeating what GA's friend said to him. So if you recall the 'b' word being used by someone, in that kind of sentence, then you might be thinking about another clip.

Well no.. I don't even know if TM used the B word. I got that from someone here at WS who was relaying the story, but it's pretty hazy in my mind. I never found any clip of GA saying it either. I was just saying that I think it was the same story/incident.

Oh heck, I don't know.. now I'm really confused. I'm at work now so I'll watch the clips of TM that was posted. Thanks

I think that we have to remember that Casey was under house arrest between the time Leonard Padilla bailed her out from her first arrest and when she was finally arrested for murder. We know she had permission to go a few places such as her attorney's office, but she was being guarded at all times and had on an ankle monitor. So, it's not like she was roving the neighborhood at will.

But, even if it somehow can be proven that Caylee's body was not at the Suburban site BEFORE Casey was taken into custody, that DOES NOT exclude Casey as the killer, because there could be another person who moved the body to help Casey. The defense is going to have to come up with more than this to prove their case. Otherwise, I think this is not going to work.

The defense can spout as many inane stories as they want... but they're not going to get past the plant evidence.. the roots intertwined through Caylees skull which shows her body was there since at least late June. That body was never moved.

I don't believe MN said what date he provided the file(s) to BC. My impression was that it was fairly recent, ie after he started representing TES, so most likely after caylee's body was found.

Spangle (thanks S) keeps trying to explain why it was a good move by MN but I'm just not getting it...........and I'm sure it's because of my inexperience re legal processes. My impressions of MN however are ALL positive so I'll just mark this one up to folks who know more than I.....yet again. LOL:)

How about this.. Folks that do these sorts of things, pretty much know what is expected, what they can get away with, etc.

Like the Judge said in court room, he was going to allow the defense some access to those files, cause he can see how they needed the info.

NM and even TM realized that they had files on potential witnesses. It's pretty standard stuff to want to talk to witnesses. Which is why they were ready, with the info, when the motion came up.

The goal was to protect those that do not qualify as a witness. Most likely BC agreed to the rules from the get go. JB most likely did not.

It was a good move, cause he was going to have to allow access anyway. And he could figure out what was a reasonable access. When he went to court, he was able to say that CB did it, so JB could do it that way as well.

When he went to court, he said he located the files with possible witness. Told what was used to decided who such persons should be. (Went within so many yards of where the body was found.) Said defense could review the records in a monitored situation, no photos,e tc.. to verify that there are no other possible persons. And if possible persons are found, the info is to be given to the judge. JB can't take the info home wiht him, until the Judge approves. And JB has to pay all the cost ahead of time.

Can't blame NM for holding up the trial... :) He had all his eggs in a basket, ready to hand over.

How about this.. Folks that do these sorts of things, pretty much know what is expected, what they can get away with, etc.

Like the Judge said in court room, he was going to allow the defense some access to those files, cause he can see how they needed the info.

NM and even TM realized that they had files on potential witnesses. It's pretty standard stuff to want to talk to witnesses. Which is why they were ready, with the info, when the motion came up.

The goal was to protect those that do not qualify as a witness. Most likely BC agreed to the rules from the get go. JB most likely did not.

It was a good move, cause he was going to have to allow access anyway. And he could figure out what was a reasonable access. When he went to court, he was able to say that CB did it, so JB could do it that way as well.

When he went to court, he said he located the files with possible witness. Told what was used to decided who such persons should be. (Went within so many yards of where the body was found.) Said defense could review the records in a monitored situation, no photos,e tc.. to verify that there are no other possible persons. And if possible persons are found, the info is to be given to the judge. JB can't take the info home wiht him, until the Judge approves. And JB has to pay all the cost ahead of time.

Can't blame NM for holding up the trial... :) He had all his eggs in a basket, ready to hand over.

ok I get it now........:blowkiss: Sorry for the need for you to come back for remedial class - a pre-emptive strike with a controlled/friendly audience is a good idea indeed. Gave up nothing that he wouldn't have had to give up anyway and demonstrated successfully that the rest was irrelevant. Again Thanks Spangle.

ok I get it now........:blowkiss: Sorry for the need for you to come back for remedial class - a pre-emptive strike with a controlled/friendly audience is a good idea indeed. Gave up nothing that he wouldn't have had to give up anyway and demonstrated successfully that the rest was irrelevant. Again Thanks Spangle.

LOL! I don't think it was you. I wasn't really getting what I was trying to say, across in a reasonable manor. LOL! I"m not a writer. Many, many times I've seen people come after me and write exactly what I said. The only difference, I used a million words, they used 10. Tee hee.. They got 'it', I don't.

I hope Tim does get called. I think they will find a "real" cowboy who values the truth, shows much compassion & is very dedicated to help find the misssing. It would hard for anyone to tarnish his name & they wouldnt be very liked if they did try.

From what I can tell and from what I have heard, TM is the most respected seach organizer of missing persons anywhere. Why would he have wanted to do anything but to find Caylee? Locating her was his sole goal imo and he would not have wanted to hinder the search in any way. I agree with LeLe but feel for TM who probably needs this like he needs a hole in his head. People are usually grateful for his help but, as we know, nothing about this case is "usual".

How does the latest Defense hoopla fit in with Roy K's testimony?

Also, from little 'ol me, even if the body had been moved to Surburban Drive from another location (keeping in mind the timeframe the botonists determined, etc.) it would not prove or disprove who killed Caylee - just proves her body was moved. So what? :waitasec: It could point to the possibility that others had been involved at some point and know about the circumstances surrounding Caylee's death.

edited with respect...

Also, from little 'ol me, even if the body had been moved to Surburban Drive from another location (keeping in mind the timeframe the botonists determined, etc.) it would not prove or disprove who killed Caylee - just proves her body was moved. So what? :waitasec: It could point to the possibility that others had been involved at some point and know about the circumstances surrounding Caylee's death.

I totally agree. Unless the defense has something really conclusive in addition to their "proof" that the body was moved to the Suburban location after Casey was arrested, this is not going to prove Casey's innocence at all. It would just point to someone else being involved and possibly, involved only AFTER the murder.

From what I can tell and from what I have heard, TM is the most respected seach organizer of missing persons anywhere. Why would he have wanted to do anything but to find Caylee? Locating her was his sole goal imo and he would not have wanted to hinder the search in any way. I agree with LeLe but feel for TM who probably needs this like he needs a hole in his head. People are usually grateful for his help but, as we know, nothing about this case is "usual".

bbm: YES! Exactly!! Why any of this somehow proves KC is innocent is beyond me! Her atty said that because (they claim) the body was placed there while she was in custody it was evidence of innocence of KC.....HARDLY! You nailed it Woe!

bbm: YES! Exactly!! Why any of this somehow proves KC is innocent is beyond me! Her atty said that because (they claim) the body was placed there while she was in custody it was evidence of innocence of KC.....HARDLY! You nailed it Woe!

I really bothered me when JB made the statement in court that they could show that the body had been moved after KC was in jail and that would prove KC innocent, and everyone let it stand and no one contradicted him.

I know why SA did not bother speak up, they all knew it was just hyperbole and to even bother to contradict would sound like childish bickering and the Judge would rightly call them on it and tell them to get back to business. But, KC was sitting right their listening and believing that thus JB was going to save her.

Most people realize that there is little hope that KC will be found innocent, that the best she can hope for is life – but KC does not believe that because JB has convinced her he can get her off, thus she will not plea deal.

In letting this JB’s lie stand – it further convinces KC that there is a good chance for acquittal, and thus the state will spend over 7 million dollars for a trail that did not need to take place.

I totally agree. Unless the defense has something really conclusive in addition to their "proof" that the body was moved to the Suburban location after Casey was arrested, this is not going to prove Casey's innocence at all. It would just point to someone else being involved and possibly, involved only AFTER the murder.

Okay but on a Jamie Floyd show interview, one of the Defense Atty's. stated that if they can show the body was moved then that would prove Casey's innocense - his remark is what got me thinking "no it won't". What might be the additional "proof" hypothetically? Just curious.

I really bothered me when JB made the statement in court that they could show that the body had been moved after KC was in jail and that would prove KC innocent, and everyone let it stand and no one contradicted him.

I know why SA did not bother speak up, they all knew it was just hyperbole and to even bother to contradict would sound like childish bickering and the Judge would rightly call them on it and tell them to get back to business. But, KC was sitting right their listening and believing that thus JB was going to save her.

Most people realize that there is little hope that KC will be found innocent, that the best she can hope for is life – but KC does not believe that because JB has convinced her he can get her off, thus she will not plea deal.

In letting this JB’s lie stand – it further convinces KC that there is a good chance for acquittal, and thus the state will spend over 7 million dollars for a trail that did not need to take place.

We can't do away with the trial - come on now. But, the Defense wants a change in venue due to polluted potential jurors. Then the first chance they have, because they don't have much, they go to a media outlet and proclaim nonsense for all to hear.

So it's okay with the defense to pollute; No one obeys their own rules. The A's don't, their daughter's lawyers don't, but heaven forbid if they think the opposition doesn't obey the rules - they're the first to speak out. Besides half the stuff that goes out was authored by CA in the first place. :crazy:

Okay but on a Jamie Floyd show interview, one of the Defense Atty's. stated that if they can show the body was moved then that would prove Casey's innocense - his remark is what got me thinking "no it won't". What might be the additional "proof" hypothetically? Just curious.

Sounds like they are trying to implant that thought into the public and jurys mind. Which only matters if they can really prove someone else put the body there.

And if they can prove that, then that person needs to step forward and talk to LE. Cause that person is going to be hit with being the killer. Not just helping desposive of the body, but murder.

It just dawned on me. If they think there was someone who helped her, they must have got that story from KC.

And we all know how trustworthy her stories are. And how long she will stick with her story, no matter what....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500