Why isn't little RJ in his mothers custody?

I am INFURIATED that lil Junior is being forced to live with a POI regarding his missing sister. :furious:

Misty should NOT have access to that child!!

Could you provide a link that says that she is a POI thanks. AS far as Jr goes he needs to be with his father the stability that Ron has provided for him. He does put him up on a shelf and descide when he wants to be a daddy he has been his pilar since birth. Not 4 days out of the month. And as far as I know I didn't see or hear where Crystal went flying to Putnam county when the news broke, I would of been there the second I heard my baby may be in that pond? Instead I was reading Twitters from that side of the family. SAD and this is JMo and i have a right to say how i feel so if you feel the need to bash my feelings so be it. She has been a part time mom for years and continues in my eyes to be not the right answer either.
BBM

"The Putnam County Sheriff's Office says misty is their person of interest right now adding that her only consistency is her inconsistency."

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new..._Polygraph_results_questioned_in_Haleigh_case

Oh my kitty....Go back and read these threads, I know its time consuming but they really shed light on how everything came to be. If stability means that Ron provided a caretaker who was on drugs, 17 years old, with no prior training in handling a child with Haleilgh's disability, well I guess he did. I wish everyday that his Grandma had been keeping those children. JMO I'm going to bed, have a good night.

Yes as to the information we have seen I am afraid the children would have much better off with TN or GGMS.

You guys are getting tweets from the Gmas? Or some family member? Am i reading this correctly? If I am reading this correctly is it a public twitter account that anyone can follow or is this a protected account? TIA

Hey there....I didn't see anyone answer your question. I tweet so I am aware of Marie having an account. I receive her notices and really they are bible quotes and just little thoughts that she posts throughout the day...or once a day..or once a week depending on what she is feeling. If you twitter you know what I mean.

I am not certain if we are allowed to post twitter accounts. I would never post anyone inside the case, but if it is allowable I would post mine. I am actually still waiting for confirmation that I can do that. My guess is no I asked last week:blushing:

As far as the topic of this thread. I don't usually post about custody issues however I will say that I am just a regular mother, 4 amazing children and a very giving loving husband that walks through life with me. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder and as a result of that a heart condition. If I went to wait beside a pond where....gosh I can't even say it. Anyway, my heart condition would not allow me to go there. I can't even begin to say what I would do because the honest truth is I wouldn't know. Any mother or father that was able to stand by and witness a search like that I would say have been gifted with incredible strength. But just because there are some mommy's or daddy's that couldn't be there should not be a sign of the love that we have for our children.

Thank you, Kool Look! Actually, his dad apologized to me at my son's high school graduation :) And my walk with the Lord took a turbo boost because of the experience.

As for Crystal not being there today, I would have to ask her why before I judged her. Maybe LE told her not to come and her mom went anyway? I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but I still think Jr. should stay with her from now on.

Sorry, but I disagree. If I am correct, the children were removed from Crystal for good reason. I cannot fault her for not going to the pond during the search. That would be a very hard thing to do. But, in my opinion as I've stated here before, Crystal may not be exactly "fit" either. I saw the interview on NG when she was being asked details about Haleigh's day-to-day life and she had no clue. No clue. When asked why she had no clue, she simply stated "nobody told me these things". Should somebody chase her down and make her stay interested in the little details? She had absolutely no idea what time Haleigh's bus dropped her off, who the last person besides Misty was to see Haleigh that day.... nothing. When asked if she asked Misty those questions herself, she said no. I really wasn't surprised that she had no idea about what Haleigh's life was like. I realize my opinion may be unpopular regarding Crystal, but it takes more to be a mother than just getting on television with an indignant attitude.

Just wanted to put my :twocents: in :truce:. I have been staying down stairs LOL to avoid any conflict. I just wanted to add a little info on "Parental Alienation and Hostile Aggressive Parenting" which I feel strongly is the case here between Ron and Crystal. I am in no way saying that at this time Crystal would be a better parent because I don't know her or her full history. I do feel Ron is "NOT" fit to keep Jr! If I would of been the judge on the case when the children were taken away from the mother, I would of left the children in the mother's care and made her attend parenting classes and drug intervention since she was honest, did admit to the drug use at one time and was the care taker at the time from how I understood it, until Ron took them to Mexico. I still want to know the real reason he was there for.

I have not seen any records on Crystal like I have with Ron. I think a good judge would look at both sides equally and if neither parent is suitable then the children should of been placed in a safer environment. Fact remains that Haleigh went missing on Ron's girlfriends watch and he made a lot of bad choices and the worst one was to leave his children in the care of a 17 yr old using heavy drugs.
I feel that Ron Alienated the children from their mother and her side of the family.

Parental alienation and hostile aggressive parenting deprive children of their right to be loved by and showing love for both of their parents, grandparents, and other family members.Mainly the other parent. This is a form of abuse! This can explain why Crystal and Marie can only share so much information about the children.

The destructive actions by an alienating parent or other third person (like another family member, or even a well meaning mental health care worker) can become abusive to the child - as the alienating behaviors are disturbing, confusing and often frightening, to the child, and can rob the child of their sense of security and safety leading to maladaptive emotional or psychiatric reactions.

Most people do not know about Parental Alienation and Hostile Aggressive Parenting until they experience it. And even then, they don't know what steps to take to prevent it.

In cases like these there is not much that the other family members can do if they are not educated or informed of the child's rights and how to present the matter to the courts. They can call DCF like Crystal may of done in the past in hopes of some type of resolution, but often DCF fails the children. Unfortunately DCF only does so much..which is not much.

Anyway, my point is that when children are "Alienated" from family members they don't have the same relationship with them as the do with the members of the family they are allowed to see. So, unfortunately these family members miss out on so much of the children's up bringing, just like the children miss out on their love and nurturing. Nothing the parent can do if they are not informed. Our Justice System still has not been able to figure out " The Best Interest of Children" sad to say.

Here's a link that talks a bit more about The Problem of Parental Alienation Syndrome - A Form of Child Abuse http://www.drreenasommer.com/a_parent.html

has anyone mentioned that perhaps Crystal was told by LE that it's not necessary for her to be there standing around waiting when they might not find anything at all & that perhaps they told her they would contact her if they found anything & thought she might need to be there?

this is a possibility IMO

I can't judge CS for not being at the pond. I don't see that as a big deal at all. As far as the custody thing, I haven't seen enough about CS (or know her personally) to say what she's done so horrible. As a mother, it bothers me she never really fought for custody, but I don't know the situation. I can't, however, figure out how anyone can say RC is a good father with a stable home. We've seen a long list of arrests, mostly for drugs, that he "mysteriously" always got off on . . . ahem. He's got a gun in his home that I'm sure one of the kids could've gotten ahold of. He has a noted history of violence, including his recent arrest and the headless rat thing. He brings his 16 y/o girlfriend (who he just started dating) into his home and puts her in full charge of his kids. He leaves his gf, who's just returned from a sex and drug filled weekend away, with his kids. His gf who's family is a bunch of lying, thieving druggies. Then, when not able to reach her, he doesn't seem too worried, even stopping at the gas station for cigs and beer on his way home.

I'm sorry, but nothing about the Cummings home screams "stable" to me.

Having a job for a short while doesn't make you a good, stable father.

i'M SURE jR DOES NEED HIS MOTHER RIGHT NOW.
nOT TO CAST STONES HERE, BUT DID cRYSTAL EVEN ask TO KEEP HER SON A FEW EXTRA DAYS? :waitasec:

Sorry for the caps. Too lazy to retype..
How in the world would we even know this? Futher more RC is controlling (imo) and one thing he can control is when Crystal see's Jr or not. He is not going to offer up any more then then he is required to.

I can't believe some of these post these days. Why are people casting stones at Crystal so badly when Rc was having relations with a CHILD( yes Misty is a CHILD!!! she i was underage and until married she was not a adult) . He then MARRIED her WHILE her child was missing and not very long AFTER the child was missing at that.

Why the hurry? It couldn't wait?

But yet ppl are mad that Crystal is not at the Pond. Where was RC? WHERE IS MISTY? The "step mom" that loves her like her own daughter. IMO Not at the Pond........ oh thats right...... Shes at Disney or some place.

The fact is. Crystal was likely told if she showed up they would make her leave.

IMO None of the family members would of been allowed to stay at the pond while the search was going on. Crystal has not sought to get JR in her custody and IMO there is a reason for that. There are skeletons in Crystals closet just like they are in RC closet, if you are going to base it on drugs and violence there is a member in Crystals home who has more recent drug charges as well as RO against him (that was dismissed in Dec 08 after two years). DCF did a complete investigation and found no reason to remove JR from RC's home. RC and Crystal went to court to request some changes to the custody documents and one of those request was not that Crystal have more visitation or residential custody of JR.

IMO this custody arrangement seems to work for Crystal as she has made no attempts to change it.

I stay downstairs most of the time because I do not see the need for conflict, nor do I like it.

I just want to post my opinion on this thread as well. I do not feel Ronald should have custody of little Jr. because of his record and the fact that he was living with what I would call a child. From the bottom of my heart, I believe that Crystal was railroaded in the custody issue.

For anyone who does not think that Crystal is a good mother, just watch her heartbreak over little Haleigh. You can see it and feel it. Now she knows she may never see little Haleigh again. What a horrible thing to have to know. Something of this magnitude will make you look at life so differently. It will make you get your priorities in order. It will make you realize how very fragile life really is. This entire thing has literally made Crystal physically sick. I just have not seen this depth from Ronald.

Anyway, what I really mean to state is that I honestly do not feel that Jr. is getting the type of attention he needs and deserves with all of the drama surrounding Ronald and Misty. I feel Jr.'s situation is one that could become explosive at any moment in the household he is in now. I would love to see him with Crystal. I would know he was safe and had the benefit of being around other children. He would be out in the country free to run and play like other children.

I cannot even think a nice thought about Misty, knowing she has held up the investigation in finding Haleigh and will not make even one statement that is 100% true, so I will not keep on where she is concerned.

Gb Haleigh, Jr., Crystal, and Marie. May they have the strength to go through each day. There is a chance Haleigh may still be alive, IMO. There is that hope they can cling to as well as to each other.

JMO, MOO

Personally,I think that custody is somewhat of a wash. Both parents and their spouses/fiances have had drug issues. We could argue about which has had more, but we really don't know because there may be some juvenile records to which we have no access. It's very clear that both kids love both their parents, based upon many, many photos and videos and a few recent news videos we have seen. There have been lots of rumors and slander on both sides, the vast majority of which I believe to be false.

Ron had the better ability to provide a living for these children because he generally had a job, whereas Crystal did not. He also had a driver's license and satisfactory childcare arrangements. We know that Crystal did not originally have a driver's license and we do not know what childcare arrangements she might have been able to provide, should she have ever gotten a job. We also do not know what other information the judge may have had that we don't know about.

All in all, it's unusual for a judge to award custody to the father over the mother. There are some that feel that Ron cleverly stole custody out from under Crystal, but I have to assume that the judge did his job properly. I'm sure that he was smart enough to see through any tricks that Ron might have pulled, if Ron was smart enough to pull some. Based on the custody hearing transcript, I felt that Ron came across as more capable and had his ducks lined up, whereas Crystal did not. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but this was my impression and at the time, I knew nothing about either of them.

Personally,I think that custody is somewhat of a wash. Both parents and their spouses/fiances have had drug issues. We could argue about which has had more, but we really don't know because there may be some juvenile records to which we have no access. It's very clear that both kids love both their parents, based upon many, many photos and videos and a few recent news videos we have seen. There have been lots of rumors and slander on both sides, the vast majority of which I believe to be false.

Ron had the better ability to provide a living for these children because he generally had a job, whereas Crystal did not. He also had a driver's license and satisfactory childcare arrangements. We know that Crystal did not originally have a driver's license and we do not know what childcare arrangements she might have been able to provide, should she have ever gotten a job. We also do not know what other information the judge may have had that we don't know about.

All in all, it's unusual for a judge to award custody to the father over the mother. There are some that feel that Ron cleverly stole custody out from under Crystal, but I have to assume that the judge did his job properly. I'm sure that he was smart enough to see through any tricks that Ron might have pulled, if Ron was smart enough to pull some. Based on the custody hearing transcript, I felt that Ron came across as more capable and had his ducks lined up, whereas Crystal did not. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but this was my impression and at the time, I knew nothing about either of them.

B&RBM --

Really? Really can you say RC had satisfactory childcare arrangements? He left his children with a 16 then turned 17 y/o gf who was doing drugs on a regular basis. Not only that, but she had JUST returned from a 3 day drug and sex bender to then go on and care for his kids. She shut her phone off and he couldn't reach her and DIDN'T CARE. He allowed her cousin who might have sexually abused her as a child in his home around his kids. He allowed drugging, thieving liars to have contact with his kids. Really? Is that satisfactory childcare to you?

And the fact RC had his drivers license doesn't make him a good father, it just means he had a mom who could get him off of charges.

I just DO NOT get why anyone can defend RC's parenting skills :waitasec:

i dont defend either parent but it seems that they are both trying to straighten it up now .. this has changed them both imho .. and i think they will be better parents now that its possibly too late for little haleigh.. i just keep WISHING that they were all in on some kind of hoax to get money like donations ect mabey they did see the caylee anthony case and figured hey easy money .. i deep in my heart HOPE this is the case but sadly i dont think it is.. i do think something bad happened to haleigh .. :( i would in no way want to be in either rons or crystals shoes ..they must feel like they are the most horrible parents ever ..i do think they will change now especially crystal i really think this is going to turn her forward concerning her other kids

B&RBM --

Really? Really can you say RC had satisfactory childcare arrangements? He left his children with a 16 then turned 17 y/o gf who was doing drugs on a regular basis. Not only that, but she had JUST returned from a 3 day drug and sex bender to then go on and care for his kids. She shut her phone off and he couldn't reach her and DIDN'T CARE. He allowed her cousin who might have sexually abused her as a child in his home around his kids. He allowed drugging, thieving liars to have contact with his kids. Really? Is that satisfactory childcare to you?

And the fact RC had his drivers license doesn't make him a good father, it just means he had a mom who could get him off of charges.

I just DO NOT get why anyone can defend RC's parenting skills :waitasec:
At the time of the custody hearing, Ron was living with GGMA and she was the one who would provide childcare, if I remember this correctly. Misty was not even in the picture. So Ron did have adequate arrangements at that time.

The mom Cryslal should have the boy now!!! No if's ans or but's. It is her boy too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back