Why no news? January 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that Kyron's "prime" in the media is over and now we're only going to hear about it when there's a big update. It happens with every case that gets media attention eventually; no case gets covered extensively forever.

Except the Caylee/Casey case:seeya:

This case is so baffling and I'm not sure if LE made it that way, or if it just seems different, but I don't remember too many missing child cases where it was taken seriously as an option that the child was "handed off" to someone else, at least not after many, many months. I wonder why in Kyron's case this somehow seems a viable option to many people? Is it because no one wants to believe the worst? Or because no one, including Desiree for a long time, believed Terri could do the worse? Or is there actual evidence somewhere that some kind of plan to remove Kyron to another location has been discovered?

This case is so baffling and I'm not sure if LE made it that way, or if it just seems different, but I don't remember too many missing child cases where it was taken seriously as an option that the child was "handed off" to someone else, at least not after many, many months. I wonder why in Kyron's case this somehow seems a viable option to many people? Is it because no one wants to believe the worst? Or because no one, including Desiree for a long time, believed Terri could do the worse? Or is there actual evidence somewhere that some kind of plan to remove Kyron to another location has been discovered?

That's a very good point Cluciano. I think it may possibly point to the fact that early on, LE was looking at this as being some sort of custody battle between the parents and an impending divorce. I wonder if they have some emails or something that lead them to that being one of the possible scenarios?

Hello,

This is my first post on WS. :woohoo:

First, I would like to say that I really like WS and have been reading the threads and posts daily for the past several months.

I am still new as to how to post, reference . . . so if I do anything that needs to be corrected, please let me know. Thank you.

I have followed the Kyron Horman case since day 1.

I am very frustrated that there has been NO news recently on finding Kyron, as it has been 7 months since this adorable little boy has been missing.

If there were any major developments in the case, it would have hit the MSM. So I guess nothing has happened except the divorce proceeding, which some do not believe is news, however, I do because I believe it relates to Kyron . . . will post my "opinions" on that thread (if I can find it).

Below are quotes from the Oregonian published December 4, 2010 (hope I do this correctly):

"The sheriff is pushing for something to shake loose by Feb. 1, the end of a 120-day deadline he set for the task force and when he reports to county commissioners about the status of an investigation that has cost nearly $1.4 million as of Nov. 29."
"The scope is narrowing. My belief is we should be relatively close to something by then; that's why I set the time frame I did," Staton said. "While we may not be at an arrest or an indictment phase, we're going to have it narrowed down to a point where we may be calling out a suspect, identifying certain people or things."

Maybe the Sheriff is sticking to his timeline, has a reason to, so no news ? Oh, but we will have some NEWS on Feb 1, 2011 ? I sure hope so !

What I find even MORE frustrating than NO news is what Sheriff Staton said at the 9/15/10 presser (quoted from 'Sheriff reshuffles search for missing Oregon boy' by CNN Wire Staff, September 16, 2010, 10:56 a.m.)

"I think there will be things coming out of this investigation that will surprise you," he told reporters, adding, "We have knowledge of things we wish we didn't."

An answer to these two comments by the Sheriff would be some REAL NEWS for me !

Have a nice day everyone !

Hope

:welcome4:

dog.gone.cute

:goodpost:

Love the name and glad you're joining in!

I hate to say it Clu, but I started buying into this only after seeing literature saying what a hotbed of child trafficking Portland is (God forbid this is what happened!). I had no idea the extent of this problem in the US. I know in the Brittanee Drexel case it has been mentioned as Myrtle Beach has also supposedly had some issues with this (and this is apparently the belief of Brittanee's mom, or so she has stated on some occasions). To be honest, I don't know which alternative is worse.

I truly do not believe TH handed Kyron off to anyone for his best interest or that someone took him because she said it was in his best interest. That, to me, is just stretching things beyond belief of anything we've seen about her character.

I think what we often hear is the parents saying "handed off"...as anything is better than the alternative. And that seems to be true here, Desiree has said it, Kaine has said it, maybe in different words. Amber DuBois's mom was still thinking this right up until Amber was found.

I think we can tell what LE thinks by what they do, and they spend a lot of time searching SI and the water. They have not absolutely denied any other scenario, but all we have to go by is their actions.

Except the Caylee/Casey case:seeya:

But even Caylee's case isn't in the media, at least not the national media, as much anymore. I remember when it used to be on NG every day for months but not anymore. I'm sure it will pick up when the trial starts though. Some cases last a day in the media, some last 2 weeks, some last months, and some last years. Every case that gets national attention goes from a point where they're being on the news every day or at least once a week to only being on the news when there is a significant development. Just look at the OJ Simpson trial---that case was huge when it happened but we only hear about it now when something big related to it occurs like OJ's book and when he was arrested/went to jail.

Sometimes no news is good news....

"We have knowledge of things we wish we didn't know."

LE will solve this mystery.

Sometimes no news is good news....

"We have knowledge of things we wish we didn't know."

LE will solve this mystery.

Thanks Bea! You give me hope for Kyron. There has to be more info about this little boy, but having nothing revealed doesn't help search (recovery?) efforts to continue (IMO). I am torn with this case because I believe the public can help tremendously but I fear if there are no more clues, people will forget.

Based on what we know of Terri's past, present & future...

Her goal was MONEY.....

As I remember, No news is good news...
The less that LE is asking for info., the better I feel..
I think that until DeDe and Terri can answer for their where-abouts that day, it lies in their laps..

As I remember, No news is good news...
The less that LE is asking for info., the better I feel..
I think that until DeDe and Terri can answer for their where-abouts that day, it lies in their laps..

Ha Ha, when I read that I thought you said,
"it lies in their lips"
but either way . . . . . off to clean my reading glasses.

Hello,

This is my first post on WS. :woohoo:

First, I would like to say that I really like WS and have been reading the threads and posts daily for the past several months.

I am still new as to how to post, reference . . . so if I do anything that needs to be corrected, please let me know. Thank you.

I have followed the Kyron Horman case since day 1.

I am very frustrated that there has been NO news recently on finding Kyron, as it has been 7 months since this adorable little boy has been missing.

If there were any major developments in the case, it would have hit the MSM. So I guess nothing has happened except the divorce proceeding, which some do not believe is news, however, I do because I believe it relates to Kyron . . . will post my "opinions" on that thread (if I can find it).

Below are quotes from the Oregonian published December 4, 2010 (hope I do this correctly):

"The sheriff is pushing for something to shake loose by Feb. 1, the end of a 120-day deadline he set for the task force and when he reports to county commissioners about the status of an investigation that has cost nearly $1.4 million as of Nov. 29."
"The scope is narrowing. My belief is we should be relatively close to something by then; that's why I set the time frame I did," Staton said. "While we may not be at an arrest or an indictment phase, we're going to have it narrowed down to a point where we may be calling out a suspect, identifying certain people or things."

Maybe the Sheriff is sticking to his timeline, has a reason to, so no news ? Oh, but we will have some NEWS on Feb 1, 2011 ? I sure hope so !

What I find even MORE frustrating than NO news is what Sheriff Staton said at the 9/15/10 presser (quoted from 'Sheriff reshuffles search for missing Oregon boy' by CNN Wire Staff, September 16, 2010, 10:56 a.m.)

"I think there will be things coming out of this investigation that will surprise you," he told reporters, adding, "We have knowledge of things we wish we didn't."

An answer to these two comments by the Sheriff would be some REAL NEWS for me !

Have a nice day everyone !

Hope

Welcome to WS :) Great first post!!

I totally agree with you, and thank you for posting those comments to remind us all that LE told us that they were looking at a 2/1 timeframe for something to "shake loose". I definitely think we'll have some news coming up in a couple weeks.
Note the "we're going"...not "we may", "possibly", etc. Reassuring language!! :woohoo: Sounds to me like they are at the end stage of going through all those records ("hundreds", IIRC) and putting everything together. They have been very careful to not name a suspect in this case, so for them to say that they are going to have it narrowed down to a point where they could possibly publically call out a suspect is a major deal and says a lot about where they are at in the investigation, IMO. However, regardless of where the investigation is at, Kyron needs to be found. That poor baby is most likely laying out in the cold somewhere while his devastated parents sit by helpless. It just kills me :(

I hate to say it Clu, but I started buying into this only after seeing literature saying what a hotbed of child trafficking Portland is (God forbid this is what happened!).

SBM

Portland probably has no more or less human trafficking than any other major urban area in the US.

What Portland did, a few years ago, was make a change in LE policy. They decided to start treating underage teens picked up for prostitution as victims rather than as criminals. Which is so simple and so obvious! Of course any underage teen that is working as a prostitute is the victim of sexual assault. Probably multiple sexual assaults. But the vast majority of municipalities do not see it that way.

One of the many good results of this change in policy in Portland is that LE started to get real insider information that helped them bust human trafficking networks.

It turns out that if you treat a 15 year old girl (for instance) as a victim rather than a criminal, she's more likely to trust you enough to talk to you. Who'd'a thunk it?

So Portland is making more progress against human trafficking than any other urban area in the US but that makes it look like Portland has more human trafficking than other places do.

The rates are probably comparable but the difference in the way the victims (and I do believe they are victims) are treated is making a huge difference in results.

GO PORTLAND!

I'm not seeing the trafficking as having a connection to Kyron...I think it is much simpler and closer to home...

I agree...

What I do see if a woman about to be exposed for what she is...Unfit/alcoholic mother.

She is about to leave Kaine...Before he leaves her.

She wants to take baby K...She got rid of son J and now son Kyron.

And she NEEDS MONEY.

I don't think that trafficking is involved in Kyron's case. I know that Portland apparently has a high rate of child trafficking but I bet that mostly involves teenage runaways who get involved with pimps. If a child trafficking ring wanted a 7-year-old boy, then I think they would be more likely to get some drug addict's child because they know LE and the media isn't really going to pay attention to those cases. I think it would really risky for them to get involved in the disappearance of someone like Kyron. They would have worry if the disappearance of a white, middle class boy from his suburban school would get media attention and LE resources, which Kyron's case has gotten, and that would increase the likelihood of their sex ring being uncovered. It would better for them to just take victims who are mostly ignored than a victim whose disappearance will launch a 1.4 million investigation.

Also, I am not complaining about how much money has been spent to find Kyron, but it's frustrating that they spent all that money and they really don't have anything to show for it. 1.4 million dollars for some emails and text messages Terri sent? They haven't even found Kyron yet. :(

I don't think that trafficking is involved in Kyron's case. I know that Portland apparently has a high rate of child trafficking but I bet that mostly involves teenage runaways who get involved with pimps. If a child trafficking ring wanted a 7-year-old boy, then I think they would be more likely to get some drug addict's child because they know LE and the media isn't really going to pay attention to those cases. I think it would really risky for them to get involved in the disappearance of someone like Kyron. They would have worry if the disappearance of a white, middle class boy from his suburban school would get media attention and LE resources, which Kyron's case has gotten, and that would increase the likelihood of their sex ring being uncovered. It would better for them to just take victims who are mostly ignored than a victim whose disappearance will launch a 1.4 million investigation.

Also, I am not complaining about how much money has been spent to find Kyron, but it's frustrating that they spent all that money and they really don't have anything to show for it. 1.4 million dollars for some emails and text messages Terri sent? They haven't even found Kyron yet. :(

ITA on the trafficking.

As for the money spent, well, if someone wasn't sitting silently and not helping LE, maybe they wouldn't have had to spend 1.4 million dollars. And we don't know the total of what they have. I bet it's more than you think. The monkey wrench in all of this not having Kyron's body. Without that, they have to make a serious choice of what to charge TH with, and they are going to take their time to make that decision.

There's one person that could have saved Oregon a lot of money, but she's still not talking. Be angry at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member