Why no news? January 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, be angry at Terri....Why is it that she is not talking?

Yep, be angry at Terri....Why is it that she is not talking?

"Innocent People do not have to lie, hide or be silent, because there is nothing for us to be ashamed about. We leave that for the Guilty People to encounter every day of their life."

– Patty Rase Hopson, Author & Child advocate

There are plenty of murderers who were charged and convicted who never confessed, testified, or gave any valuable information through speaking. LE had to use forensics and other means (like cell phone pings, credit cards, etc) to get them convicted. I doubt Terri will ever say a word unless she's offered a big plea bargain. Since I can't see Terri opening her mouth, I don't think there's any chance of getting a conviction on kidnapping and/or murder charges until they find Kyron.

The only evidence they have against Terri will never stand alone in the courtroom if they tried to charge her with murder (Unfortunately, I do believe Kyron is no longer with us.) Yes, Terri having alcohol problems, sexting right after Kyron went missing, and the MFH plot all point to Terri's true character. When you also consider that Terri was one of the last people to see Kyron and children are most likely killed by someone close to them, Terri seems the most likely perpetrator. However, until LE gets a confession from Terri (fat chance) or finds Kyron's body with DNA, fingerprints, and other forensic evidence, I don't see how a jury would convict her just based on things she did/say before and after his disappearance. The emails, sexting, MFH, would also "add" to the trial, to show the jury what type of person the defendant is, but it's not enough by its self.

Mark Klass just said a scary thing on NG, though he was talking about Hasanni Campbell. He said if only one person knows where the child is, it can be impossible to find him, a tiny body in a huge world.

There are plenty of murderers who were charged and convicted who never confessed, testified, or gave any valuable information through speaking. LE had to use forensics and other means (like cell phone pings, credit cards, etc) to get them convicted. I doubt Terri will ever say a word unless she's offered a big plea bargain. Since I can't see Terri opening her mouth, I don't think there's any chance of getting a conviction on kidnapping and/or murder charges until they find Kyron.

The only evidence they have against Terri will never stand alone in the courtroom if they tried to charge her with murder (Unfortunately, I do believe Kyron is no longer with us.) Yes, Terri having alcohol problems, sexting right after Kyron went missing, and the MFH plot all point to Terri's true character. When you also consider that Terri was one of the last people to see Kyron and children are most likely killed by someone close to them, Terri seems the most likely perpetrator. However, until LE gets a confession from Terri (fat chance) or finds Kyron's body with DNA, fingerprints, and other forensic evidence, I don't see how a jury would convict her just based on things she did/say before and after his disappearance. The emails, sexting, MFH, would also "add" to the trial, to show the jury what type of person the defendant is, but it's not enough by its self.

Eileen, you are probably right, but I continue to hope that it might not be that difficult to at least identify her as a POI and certainly to get her convicted of custodial interference. She is not a very appealing defendant. If there are emails showing she hated Kyron, as Desiree says, and she was the last person to see him before he disappeared, there really isn't much reason to think anyone else took him.

Beatrice, your posts always interest me so. I would love to hear more about why you feel the way you do.

I feel like Kyron is alive as well, but of course, I wouldn't be surprised if he was deceased, that is just my feeling. It is terrifying, if only one person knows where he is, it might be impossible to find him. So so sad and scary.

Well, Portland is a big city and I'm sure if you asked around, you can find lots of intelligent people who think the cops are just as brilliant for keeping their mouths totally shut as well. I believe they know exactly what happened and are just waiting for the right moment to arrest her.

Wow! You think LE knows exactly what happened? I hope you are right!

No news: To me, the fact that no one has "spilled anything" yet could mean that there is only one perp. Not always, but usually, it seems that when two or more people conspire to carry out a crime, they end up throwing one another under the bus, and there's a big scramble to exchange information about the crime for leniency. But before any of that is likely to happen, someone's going to have to be arrested. So the fact that LE has not arrested anyone suggests that they regard Terri as their sole suspect.

This is a horrible thing to say and to believe, but I think that if Terri handed Kyron off to anyone, it was to have him killed. If she sold him to a trafficker, she runs the risk that people in the trafficking ring will throw her under the bus; or that Kyron himself will find a way to call attention to his plight.

If people in a trafficking ring were involved, they don't need to be arrested for anything having to do with Kyron. They could be arrested for trafficking other kids, or dealing in child *advertiser censored*, or running prostitution rings. As soon as they are arrested for anything at all, they have got a great bargaining chip. All they have to say is 'hey ... how would you like to know what happened to Kyron Horman?' And if they give information that leads to Kyron's case being solved, they can get more advantages for themselves. Because let's face it. Whoever did this is not likely the kind of person who's hanging out with a lot of sterling, morally upright people.

The best chance of Kyron being alive, in my opinion, is if it turns out that Terri is just a yucky person who nonetheless had nothing to do with disappearing him, and the real perp is a SO who has "adopted" Kyron into a new life--like Elizabeth Smart or Shawn Hornbeck. At one time most of us probably wouldn't have believed that a child could be taken, kept alive, used, groomed into a new life, and live undetected for years and years. And yet there have now been several such cases, so we are forced to realize that such things can happen.

So I believe that if Terri is the primary perp, Kyron is less likely to be alive. If a SO took him, he may have been killed ... but there's at least some chance that he's still alive.

That's the way things seem to me, anyway. And we are now at a place where the lack of news is nearly as telling as if there was more news. MOO.

Mark Klass just said a scary thing on NG, though he was talking about Hasanni Campbell. He said if only one person knows where the child is, it can be impossible to find him, a tiny body in a huge world.

That has been true of many cases, going back decades, where children have vanished. Mary Ann Verdecchia disappeared in 1962 in Pittsburgh and no trace was ever found, in spite of a massive search and tremendous publicity for that time. One person knows, or knew, but she has never been found. We can say the same about adults, even those we know have been murdered, where they were murdered and by whom, e.g., Natalee Holloway murdered on a small island.

What is most likely, if LE is right about who is most likely perpetrator, is that she didn't have time to take the body far and at some point, hunters, hikers or other passers-by will find Kyron. At least in this case there is some idea of who might be responsible. Assuming LE and the rest of us are correct, I think we stand a decent chance of finding him but it may take time and patience. I never much believed in the "family searching" idea, but Kristi Cornwell's brother kept looking until he found her. So it is possible.

I haven't stopped by Kyron's threads in quite a while. Namely because there really hasn't been a lot going on specific to him that was being reported on for quite some time IMHO.

Many members here will have a "pet case" that either brought them here or keeps them here. Many members have an area of this website that they spend most of their time and interest on...unidentified, cold cases..etc.

Mine happens to be the archives for missing. Although I haven't posted there in a long time, I check there first when I sign on to this site.

Just a feeling I have and of course I could be very wrong but given that when I stand back and look at the big picture of Kyron's story he really isn't so different "big picture wise" from the hundreds and hundreds of missing children that we have in our archives.

All may still be being worked by a detective but over time they are what we the public call cold.

Unless Terri opens her mouth. This child isn't coming home unless someone stumbles across him. (I do respect there are those that believe that he is alive) I don't though. I do believe he is deceased and he was murdered by his stepmother. (she might have had help who knows?).

I don't want it to be cold. But I think it probably is a cold investigation already by LE definition, no matter what they say to the media. Just from having read so many other cases that match Kyron's in a big picture way.

Bless his little heart. All JMHO.

I haven't stopped by Kyron's threads in quite a while. Namely because there really hasn't been a lot going on specific to him that was being reported on for quite some time IMHO.

Many members here will have a "pet case" that either brought them here or keeps them here. Many members have an area of this website that they spend most of their time and interest on...unidentified, cold cases..etc.

Mine happens to be the archives for missing. Although I haven't posted there in a long time, I check there first when I sign on to this site.

Just a feeling I have and of course I could be very wrong but given that when I stand back and look at the big picture of Kyron's story he really isn't so different "big picture wise" from the hundreds and hundreds of missing children that we have in our archives.

All may still be being worked by a detective but over time they are what we the public call cold.

Unless Terri opens her mouth. This child isn't coming home unless someone stumbles across him. (I do respect there are those that believe that he is alive) I don't though. I do believe he is deceased and he was murdered by his stepmother. (she might have had help who knows?).

I don't want it to be cold. But I think it probably is a cold investigation already by LE definition, no matter what they say to the media. Just from having read so many other cases that match Kyron's in a big picture way.

Bless his little heart. All JMHO.

WEll said. And sadly I have to agree that the case seems to be really cold now. And it really surprises me because after the initial rush of info, about the phone pinging in Sauvie Island, and the story discrepancies, and with the Step Dad being in LE, I really believed this case was going to be solved quickly. But it just seemed to die on the vine. So tragic.

At first I tried to believe he was alive and being held somewhere- but I don't think so for real. My gut feeling is he was disposed of quickly and quietly and
went downstream towards the ocean before Kaine even knew he was gone.
God Bless Him.

If you look back at the "big" developments in this case, they all mostly occurred in June/July. I think LE is confident that Terri killed Kyron but until they find his body, they're not going to put her on trial. Unfortunately, if Terri did kill Kyron, his body is probably so decomposed right now that it might be difficult for LE to get forensic evidence from it and her lawyer may be able to get the charges down to manslaughter instead of first degree murder, even if the killing was premeditated.

While I don't think LE believes the case to be cold, I can't help but think of all of the cases where LE just gets to a point, and then they can't go any further. Haleigh Cummings is a perfect example; LE is certain they know who killed Haleigh, at least they know it was one or more of the group of people, but they can't find Haleigh and they can't seem to move forward with charges. Same with Hasanni Campbell. I think in the case of a child, it is imperative to find the child's remains in order to proceed with charges, there are too many other things that could have happened. And it really just seems as though kidnapping charges would have been forthcoming by now if they felt they could prove that. I think it is clear that TH is never going to talk; LE is forced to make a solid case without her, but that is true in most cases. Very seldom does the guilty party open up to LE, if they don't do so in the first few interviews.

I know they said way back when that they would proceed without a body, but I think they are finding it is not that simple.

Zahra Baker's step mom was brought up on bigamy charges, maybe to keep her in jail longer maybe not. But in my opinion Murder for Hire> bigamy. It is my opinion that IF something had panned out from the MFH then TH would have already been arrested for it, if for no other reason than to shake her up, alone is a cold cement cell with "bertha" might do what others are unable to do.

Just saying, aside from the MFH, we have a soon to be ex-husband painting us a picture of his soon to be ex-wife; while I am not saying that what has been said about her is a lie, I am saying that there is encouragement to paint the horriblest picture possible of her. (TH isn't a victim in my opinion just trying to see this from a different point of view).

Maybe there is no news because the divorce and search for kyron are so dependent on one another that someone other than TH being guilty just "can't" be possible.

Zahra Baker's step mom was brought up on bigamy charges, maybe to keep her in jail longer maybe not. But in my opinion Murder for Hire> bigamy. It is my opinion that IF something had panned out from the MFH then TH would have already been arrested for it, if for no other reason than to shake her up, alone is a cold cement cell with "bertha" might do what others are unable to do.

Just saying, aside from the MFH, we have a soon to be ex-husband painting us a picture of his soon to be ex-wife; while I am not saying that what has been said about her is a lie, I am saying that there is encouragement to paint the horriblest picture possible of her. (TH isn't a victim in my opinion just trying to see this from a different point of view).

Maybe there is no news because the divorce and search for kyron are so dependent on one another that someone other than TH being guilty just "can't" be possible.

That's a very good point about the MFH plot. That came out back in July, right? Do they not have another evidence to put her on trial for MFH? If they found out later that she had killed Kyron, they could do another trial for that charge. I can see them waiting until they find his body to charge her with murder b/c if the jury acquits her, and then they do find his body, they can't have another trial.

I understand where they're coming from but I really hope the constant, "Terri was involved, She hated Kyron" talk from Kaine and Desiree doesn't negatively influence the justice process. :/ I could see if she was on trial, and there was forensic evidence, and they were like, "The DNA matches so we do believe that Terri killed our son" but it seems too soon.

I believe they might have enough against Terri to bargain with her and try to get her to go along with a plea, esp on the MFH. But maybe they don't want to go this route with her. Maybe it's not that they can't negotiate with her, but that they won't. I think LE is pretty contemptuous of people who harm children. I can see where they might hold out till they can press more serious charges and can box her into a harsher sentence. This isn't a case where LE is going to rush into making offers just to clear another case off their desks.

When Kyron first went missing, the #1 factor that got his case a lot of media attention was that he disappeared from his school. With Kaine and Desiree's constant press conferences about how Terri was involved because she hated him, I'm wondering if the general public and the media just thinks of the case as being something that happens every day, a stepmom killing her stepson, a dysfunctional family, and an isolated crime. Even though it's unsolved, it no longer has that unique factor that sets it apart from other cases.

It's also been a while since we've had something very sensational come out so that could also explain the lack of coverage. The family being so dysfunctional (and since they seemed like a normal, middle class family, I think that shocked people), also helped Kyron to get publicity and since it's been quiet, it would explain why his case is not in the news as much anymore.

Hi, It is great to see a current thread on Kyron's case. Thanks.

I learned something tonight I had not heard before so I thought I'd share, even tho it ended up a dead end.

I went to grab some To Go at Red Robin on Canyon tonight and had about a 10 min wait so started chatting with the hostess. She told me she had worked at the Wilsonville Red Robin for a couple of years before moving to Beaverton, and naturally I brought up Kyron.

Her eyes grew wide and she told me one day last summer, during the daytime when it was really sunny, they heard sirens and the area across Canyon Rd was suddenly deluged with Fire tricks, police and several other vehicles. Bugerville is right across the street from Red Robin, and on the west side of 'B' there is a little ravine with water running thru it. It's really more like a big ditch, but a wide one. Someone had found a small body and word traveled quickly they thought it was Kyron.

She said they were there for hours and Canyon Rd was shut down during that time. Needless to say all the workers at 'RR' hung by the windows, watching all the activity going on. I told her they must have been doing a forensic removal of the body which would take allot of time.

It turned out to be a small man, not a boy, so it was nothing after all.

But it could have been. When Kyron is found someday it might be exactly a situation like that. I hope it is soon. And I hope the Sheriff's comment about February in his last Presser meant something.

xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member