Why the 'Perfect Family' Front?

tipper said:
On the other hand - everything I've heard says the kids were well behaved and polite. Of the two I'd rather have nice kids who were messy than tidy, rude kids.
Tidy Kids? Now thats a rare item.

I wonder what some would say if BR said that PR screamed at them and punished them for messing up their rooms and throwing their clothes around. Seems like PR is pretty easy going.

I don't think anyone knows a darn thing about how PR raised her kids and moreover it's no one's business anyway. Is it the pagents? Does that make JBR an object? Nice dresses? Make Up? Photo's? PR's not alone here. Thousands of mothers a fathers push their kids at a lot of things everyday of the week:
School
Tennis
Ice Skating
Dancing
Acting
Gymnastics
Cheerleading
Soccer
Karate
and others.

Quote from Zman:
I don't think anyone knows a darn thing about how PR raised her kids and moreover it's no one's business anyway.

Zman,

That's not exactly true.
If there is a dead child in the cellar,I think it's most definitely the business of the authorities (and sleuthers),to know how she raised her kids.

For example,if LE were to discover by friends,neighbors,etc,that PR beat the crap out of her kids almost on a daily basis,or they were left alone at night alot,etc...and now one of the kids are dead in the cellar, I think it could be a big help knowing that.

But ... there is no indication of any of that in the Ramsey case,so I tend to think the children were not abused.

Patsy had hired help , not just LHP, no one has come forward with "tales" of Patsy's being frustrated , angry or abusive. This was one lucky killer, with LE's attention aimed toward the parents, he got away.
I read something interesting on Cybersleuths, a while back, concerning pedophiles that pick up kids to give as Christmas presents to each other. Sick stuff! Too bad the trail is so cold and so much investigative work wasted on trying to pin this crime on the family.

I don't think these children were abused. My belief is JBR was used - but not abused.
However, I still believe that a Ramsey is responsible.

Becba - could not agree more. You summed up the book nicely, I only ever use 3 words 'Self Serving Tripe'.

Although I think the book is out of print - I would never have bought from a bookstore anyway - I got mine from ebay....think it was $2.

Actually, I would have to disagree with one thing - not about the book itself, but your opinion of it's 'readability'. I was absolutely FASCINATED by it. I finished it in 2 sittings. I was totally in shock (although, I really had no reason to be) about how much it was not about JBR. It was just about damage control for them and it saved them wearing t shirts which read "Perfect Parents So Wronged"

I refused to buy DOI. A friend of mine who knows of my bizarre fascination with JonBenet and the mystery behind who she really was and what really happened to her saw it at a secondhand book store and got it for me. I had assumed that John and Patsy, especially Patsy, could give me more of an idea who JB was and what she was really like, but no, it was all about them and how they were wronged by the media and LE. It was nothing but disbelief, indignation and outrage combined with endless excuses, flimsy explanations that don't make sense or stand up to being scrutinized, and misdirection.

I also was fascinated by DOI, and sat there with a pen marking passages and underlining things. I was appalled and disgusted by how completely fabricated everything about the Ramsey family was, from the parades and pageants and Christmas tours to their telling of finding the note and their daughter's body, and their "attempts" to find the killer. I think it's a dishonor to JonBenet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back