Why would Casey refuse to see her pastor?

Since 'Everyone lies ,everyone dies' seems to be about as deep as her philosophical/spiritual viewpoint goes and seeing that she is a card carrying sociopath with neither guilt or remorse merely anger at being interfered with what possible use could she have for a Pastor?
She sees no need to repent she's pissed.Thats all thats come off her from day one.

Well said! :clap:

I mean come on, she was "arrested on an f'n whim". Jeez! :rolleyes:

I don't think they will be able to get any testominy concerning her action with the pastor today, or her reactions to the news. Unless it has some clear and readily apparent bearing on the case, and is not just used to sway the jury emotionally.

Even then it is doubtful that the State Attorney would use it. It just seems tacky,and ultimately a gross invasion of privacy and grief. Feigned or otherwise. There is no real reason to use it, and sofar LE and teh SA has seemed to be above such classless moves to win a point. They have been calm measured and professional at every step, and have given the family including KC every courtesy to grieve.

I think it will be brought up at trial to show state of mind. A mother's reaction to the news that her child is deceased speaks volumes to state of mind. JMO

I think it will be brought up at trial to show state of mind. A mother's reaction to the news that her child is deceased speaks volumes to state of mind. JMO

Her behavior thru this whole thing will get her convicted alone.... probably without much evidence. I think they have evidence tho. I want to know if her fingerprints are on the tape or in the bag.

There is only 1 suspect at this time and it is her.:chicken:

If she's avoiding seeing a pastor, imagine her fear when she has to answer to the Lord.

IMO, my personal belief is that our children aren't "ours". They're on "lend" from the Lord...and every parent will answer to him the questions of how and what we did with his children while he trusted us with them.

Good luck on that one, KC!

I'm holding off on the answering to the Lord part.
I can't wait till she has to answer to Lady Justice.

How about the simplest answer: Casey didn't spend a lot of time in church with this guy and his affiliation was more with George and Cindy and was most likely interjected into her life through them. As it goes, it makes a great story to be visited by a pastor, but when she received the news, it was through the jail chaplain. Her dos jose's were there. They have a more intimate relationship with her and have been consistently protecting Casey from whatever might be thrown at her.

If given the choice to see someone who was brought into my life because of his connection to my mother or someone who I have established a trust with, I'll choose the second person. Just because it's Jose doesn't mean he didn't offer her the comfort she may have needed.

Casey's psychological profile demonstrates her need to feel cared for and protected, and she's worked for months with Jose to his continued "proof" that he will protect her and care for her. I am not surprised at all, and I will imagine Shane has had his last conversation with Casey.

She knew the news days back, she didnt need anyone to tell her. this was offical news for everyone else, it didnt matter to her. She just wanted it to get over with.

Because she felt there was nothing to be gained by seeing the Pastor again.
I doubt he'll become a regular fixture in her cell.

She's known from the moment Caylee died, she's moved past it and is focusing
(once again) on herself.

At the risk of being called a total idiot, I'm going to share my opinion on this particular issue.

Remember when Cindy said Casey couldn't sleep in her own room while at home? That she slept on the floor in their room? I also think (likely everyone will disagree with me here also) that SOME of the tears Casey shed behind bars as seen in jail videos are genuine when thinking about Caylee.

While this woman is sure as hell not up for Sainthood, I do think something happened to Caylee that wasn't supposed to (her actions after the fact not included) and that she does have some level of heartache/remorse. It's burried deep...but it's there.

I think the jail called the Pastor, or maybe he decided on his own to come up there? My guess is that Casey felt that she might say more than she should, given the news of the day, and didn't want to "risk" it. She might also have felt (and this would be against her character for sure) that at that time, LYING to a man of faith wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Her turning away her Pastor, to me anyways, says that she is feeling some level of guilt or remorse.

JMHO.

At the risk of being called a total idiot, I'm going to share my opinion on this particular issue.

Remember when Cindy said Casey couldn't sleep in her own room while at home? That she slept on the floor in their room? I also think (likely everyone will disagree with me here also) that SOME of the tears Casey shed behind bars as seen in jail videos are genuine when thinking about Caylee.

While this woman is sure as hell not up for Sainthood, I do think something happened to Caylee that wasn't supposed to (her actions after the fact not included) and that she does have some level of heartache/remorse. It's burried deep...but it's there.

I think the jail called the Pastor, or maybe he decided on his own to come up there? My guess is that Casey felt that she might say more than she should, given the news of the day, and didn't want to "risk" it. She might also have felt (and this would be against her character for sure) that at that time, LYING to a man of faith wouldn't be the right thing to do.

Her turning away her Pastor, to me anyways, says that she is feeling some level of guilt or remorse.

JMHO.

moo: jb told her not to---took away his camera time!!! :bang:

If she's avoiding seeing a pastor, imagine her fear when she has to answer to the Lord.

IMO, my personal belief is that our children aren't "ours". They're on "lend" from the Lord...and every parent will answer to him the questions of how and what we did with his children while he trusted us with them.

Good luck on that one, KC!

I agree with this. I'm no bible thumper, but I do think that we're all God's kids. He's entrusting us to raise these kids to be adults. We don't own them, he does.

does she just not care?

That's it in a nutshell.

To Casey, it was a "convenient" escape the other time the Pastor visited, but this time...she was "not in the mood" and knew that the Pastor would pick up on her lack of concern. She either felt couldn't fake it well enough or simply didn't want to anymore, imo. It does rather surprise me since I would think she would be milking this from the "grieving mother" aspect.

JMHO.

No name calling here-- I think you're right. She did sometimes seem to be crying for real when the subject of Caylee came up in jail. Don't get me wrong, I think she's a cross between profoundly personality disordered and possibly truly evil as well, but I tend to think she either snapped with Caylee because of the stress she was feeling due to circumstances in her life or an accident happened and she will never be able to face Cindy with the truth, but I think part of her, somewhere in there, is sorry and does regret what happened, or at least where it's gotten her now. She either (1) doesn't want to bear any consequences for what happened or (2) is now so isolated and emeshed with Jose that he can't or won't let her come clean and she's either causing or supporting his position. My feeling (my GUT feeling) is that Jose and/or KC or both will not allow interaction with Non-Jose types because they are afraid she'll crack. I think that's why her parents aren't visiting (unless they are punishing her for what they know she did). I think that's why Mr Pastor has probably had his last audience with KC in jail.

I'm thinking it's standard procedure that the jail chaplain notify next of kin when the ME cannot.

Yep, the pastor she refused was the one she previously spent time with, from the Baptist church that her parents were all into with the vigils. I think she only saw him originally because JB told her it would look good if she did, much as C & G started going to the church after they offered it for the vigils, which was after people slammed them for holding the vigils in their yard, instead of a church, to begin with.
I think both KC's & C & G's short bout of religious zeal is at at an end, it no longer serves enough PR purpose to be worth their time and effort. JMO

You're partially right.

Baez was not there when the jail Chaplain gave her the notification.

When her own pastor came later, she was meeting with Baez and Garcia then.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-caylee-jail-reaction-121908,0,4010091.story

(Interestingly, I just read that while Baez had sent Garcia to be with her at the jail 'just in case', apparently Garcia wasn't with her when the chaplain came either. Side note: I'm mean and I am glad it worked out that way.)

I'll see if I can find the link for that article in my history.

LOL - Me too!!!!

I heard on a news report that Casey refused to see her pastor, and the chaplain at the jail had to tell her that they identified Caylee. Did she already know why the pastor wanted to see her? Was she afraid she wouldn't act right and didn't want to risk it? Is she in denial or does she just not care? What do you think?

This was from Beth Karras (sp?) yesterday on Court TV.

The prison chaplain told Casey at 1:45 PM that the remains were Caylee. Then Casey ASKED to see the Pastor. Pastor arrived at 1:59 PM and she REFUSED to see him. She had changed her mind. He hung around until 2:18 PM then left.

Baez & Garcia arrived and were still with her as Beth was reporting this (about 3:15PM)

Do clergy receive counseling for themselves when they know an admission uf guilt by a mother? They aren't allowed to devulge the confession so it must make it ver difficult to hold that kind of information inside.

Yes! Most do indeed. With another clergy person who serves as their spiritual adviser. You are right on that other's confessions are hard to hear, and hold on to.

I heard on a news report that Casey refused to see her pastor, and the chaplain at the jail had to tell her that they identified Caylee. Did she already know why the pastor wanted to see her? Was she afraid she wouldn't act right and didn't want to risk it? Is she in denial or does she just not care? What do you think?

I think she didn't want to hear the news. Who would? :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee
Back