AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

APR 19, 2024
The captain added: “We will continue our search efforts while also investigating the circumstances regarding the disappearance of Elijah. We will continue to release information as we can. Thank you for your continued support of our efforts.”

Raatz also shared information about a fundraiser that was scheduled for 6 p.m. April 19 at the Mikadow Theater, 1118 Washington St., Manitowoc. Donations from that event are being raised by the family of Elijah to cover costs associated with the volunteer search efforts they have been organizing and that remain ongoing.

Veronica Blackmon is the leader of the search coordinating with the Vue family.
"We're searching every single day,” Blackmon said. “We're trying to get as much ground covered as possible."

Blackmon says they've covered most of Manitowoc and Two Rivers, some spots twice.

"We have other counties next that we have to get to,” said Blackmon.

Last edited:
APR 19, 2024
The captain added: “We will continue our search efforts while also investigating the circumstances regarding the disappearance of Elijah. We will continue to release information as we can. Thank you for your continued support of our efforts.”

Raatz also shared information about a fundraiser that was scheduled for 6 p.m. April 19 at the Mikadow Theater, 1118 Washington St., Manitowoc. Donations from that event are being raised by the family of Elijah to cover costs associated with the volunteer search efforts they have been organizing and that remain ongoing.

Veronica Blackmon is the leader of the search coordinating with the Vue family.
"We're searching every single day,” Blackmon said. “We're trying to get as much ground covered as possible."

Blackmon says they've covered most of Manitowoc and Two Rivers, some spots twice.

"We have other counties next that we have to get to,” said Blackmon.
Please let them find and bring this baby boy home, please.

APR 20, 2024
Several of Elijah’s relatives showed up to the event.

“It’s times like these that we need this the most, we appreciate what the community has done for us all the love and support,” said Elijah’s aunt Sue Xiong.

She said that family members are leaning on each other and the community to get through this tough time. They said they’re still holding onto hope that Elijah is alive and that they can find him and bring him home.

Here at Mikadow Theater, people gather around the concession stand looking over a highlighted map to see all the places they’ve searched as family and volunteers remain hopeful Elijah Vue will be found.

[...]

.... Saturday afternoon, around 10 people came out to search the woods just north of Aurora Medical Center in Manitowoc. Looking under trees, waterways, and bridges trying to find even the smallest clues.

It's inevitable, I think, that fatigue will begin to set in for those searching for Elijah. Spring is here, trees are budding, lawns are turning green again. Life is "going on" and millions of people in America don't even know this little boy is missing.

Hell, I have a friend who lives not 8 miles north of Two Rivers and she had no idea.

Meanwhile: Baur Wants Out of Jail

APR 22, 2024
* Katrina Baur, the mother of missing child Elijah Vue, is requesting her bond be switched
from $15,000 cash to a personal recognizance bond.
* In a letter written by Baur's defense attorney, Baur is moving for the court to modify
the bond. Attorney Ann M. Larson wrote the move is "on the grounds that Ms. Baur is
unable to post the cash bail as set."

Online records show she has a court date on Friday for further proceedings and a motions hearing next Tuesday, April 30.

I hope Ms. Baur's mother, Jodi, will once more plead for the court to disregard this motion for signature bond and remind the court that this woman will not stay in the area and will NOT appear for future court hearings if they release her.

I can only imagine how hard that was for her to do the first time around and I have mad respect for her for advocating for Elijah and not her daughter.

I wonder if Baur's attorney included the following words in the letter requesting a switch to signature bond:

"Ms. Baur is heartbroken and frantic and she is beyond desperate to join the ongoing search for her beloved son, Elijah, whom she loves to the moon and back."

Harsh, I know. I just can't find a way to let her off the hook.

I wonder if Baur's attorney included the following words in the letter requesting a switch to signature bond:

"Ms. Baur is heartbroken and frantic and she is beyond desperate to join the ongoing search for her beloved son, Elijah, whom she loves to the moon and back."

Harsh, I know. I just can't find a way to let her off the hook.
iMO Baur doesn’t deserve to be let off the hook or shown sympathy. She doesn’t love Elijah “to the moon and back.” Which is why she took a picture of him lying on a bed, blindfolded and covered in bruises but did nothing!

Nope, no way, no how. IMO she’s a monster who has no love or empathy for her innocent 3 year old child. Rot in jail Katrina. :mad:

APR 23, 2024
In the latest announcement from the Two Rivers Police Department, Klein Hardware along with several other businesses and organizations, like Hope Church and Mikadow Theatre, were thanked, because police say they're still invested in finding Elijah.

"This isn't a community that in any way has forgotten that little boy,” Buckley said. “He's on people's minds every day."

Two months of searching, with no signs of quitting. The local community has banded together and offered any help that they can.

Reporting from Wisconsin Dells today for a @WISN12News exclusive - tonight at 6. We're hearing from missing 3-year-old Elijah Vue's grandmother for the first time. Her grandson is missing, and her daughter is in jail.

There’s still a memorial in Wisconsin Dells for missing 3-year-old, Elijah Vue. It’s been more than 2 months since he was last seen. I spoke with his grandma. That story - on
@WISN12News at 6.

APR 24, 2024
[...]

... She said Katrina struggled with a cycle of drug addiction going back 20 years.

[...]

Baur said addiction complicated their relationship. She said Katrina's life was deeply affected by the abusive father of her children, Jimmy Vue, who is in prison. Baur thought Katrina was getting help.

[...]

... The day an Amber alert went out is burned into Baur's memory. What also stuck out that day was how her daughter reacted.

"She was calm. She was. I think the investigators had called me that night, said she was cold. Whether she was detached or in denial, I don't know," Baur said.

[...]

"Watching your kid fall is the hardest thing in the world. You always want what's best, but you can't get it. It's their life. So that's hard," Baur said.
[snip]
"Her entire life revolved around those kids. I don't know what broke. I don't know what changed. I wish I could say that she relapsed. I don't even know about that," Baur said.
[snip]
"She was calm. She was. I think the investigators had called me that night, said she was cold. Whether she was detached or in denial, I don't know," Baur said.
[snip]
"It was the mama bear, the anger, the instinct, the hysteria that was missing that just, it just hit me wrong," Baur said.
[snip]
"I don't think Trina knows more because I think she would've broke by now," Baur said.
[snip]
"Until we get her in touch with what's real and what's not real, we're not going to know," Baur said.
'I don't know what broke,' says Elijah Vue's grandma about her daughter

Thank you Jodi, for continuing to advocate for Elijah. This has to be so difficult for her.

APR 26, 2024
Still, very little is known about what actually happened the morning of February 20th, but it is possible more may come to light today (April 26th), as Elijah’s mother, Katrina Baur, is due in court for what is listed as “further proceedings.”

Baur will also be in court on Monday, as she recently filed a motion to have her cash bond changed to a signature or recognizance bond.

Her hearing today is scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m., and on Monday, it will begin at 10:00 a.m.

Baur will be in court during the latest community search effort for Elijah. The boy’s aunt, Linda Vue, says searchers will organize at Mikadow Theatre in Manitowoc at 10 a.m.

APR 26, 2024
Katrina Baur's case saw a little movement on Friday.

[...]

The district attorney said the two sides reviewed documents and made other preparations for Baur’s motion hearing on Tuesday.

[...]

“Watching your kid fall is the hardest thing in the world. You always want what’s best, but you can’t get it. It’s their life. So that’s hard,” Ms Baur said on Wednesday.

“We’d take him to the beach. He loved going to the beach. He was just a really sweet kid,” Baur said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back