AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

MAY 20, 2024
Monday marks three months since 3-year-old Elijah Vue was reported missing.

[...]

Two Rivers Police Chief Ben Meinnert told FOX 11 last month that the search for Elijah Vue had taken officers to some "unpleasant" places. Meinnert said the search had been narrowed to a 15-to-20-square-mile area around Two Rivers.

[...]

Police have also asked the public to check surveillance cameras for video of a beige Nissan Altima that may be connected to the case.

[...]

MAY 20, 2024
[...]

Police continue to search for the boy, and investigators at the Two Rivers Police Department say tips still come in every day. While there are fewer than when Elijah first went missing, they are still coming in, and police follow up on every one of those tips.

Investigators say based on all of the video evidence they’ve reviewed, they believe Elijah is in Manitowoc County and they’re targeting areas they believe need checking.

[...]

“We want to reassure everyone we’re doing everything we can, and we’re using the best resources that we have available,” Capt. Andrew Raatz said. “We’re still optimistic that we’re going to find him. When and where we don’t know yet, but we’re optimistic that we will find him.”

[...]

MAY 20, 2024
[...]

The searches will be going from broad to narrow in an efficient to use time and resources more efficiently. Canine and equine units have most recently been different strategies deployed, according to Raatz.

“There’s a finite number of resources that we can call upon despite large numbers that have already helped us, so we want to make sure that we’re not squandering those resources either,” Raatz said. ...

[...]

Raatz explained that an investigation of this size has two different aspects: one is to investigate what led up to the disappearance, and the other is the actual process of finding Elijah.

“We have a whole investigative team just working on that part of the case. So there’s really two parts to this: there’s the search element, and there’s the investigation element,” he said. ...

[...]

Two Rivers Police Chief Ben Meinnert told FOX 11 last month that the search for Elijah Vue had taken officers to some "unpleasant" places. Meinnert said the search had been narrowed to a 15-to-20-square-mile area around Two Rivers.

Police have also asked the public to check surveillance cameras for video of a beige Nissan Altima that may be connected to the case.
Snipped me for focus.

What I wouldn't give to know what evidence has enabled LE to narrow their search area after all this time. Perhaps it has something to do with the Nissan sedan and where it may have been seen on camera footage.

MAY 20, updated MAY 21, 2024
[...]

The neighbor claims Baur was going to a clinic monthly to stay clean from drugs but she allegedly stopped going in January.

[...]

The neighbor, who asked to remain anonymous, says the last time they saw Elijah was January 18, about a month before his reported disappearance. The last time they saw Baur was February 16.

[...]

Based on photos of surveillance from an auto shop in Two Rivers, obtained by Action 2 News, Elijah was with Vang the day the neighbor said they last saw Baur.

[...]

The Nissan Altima seems like it will be a key to breaking open the case. Personally, I think someone took Elijah from the home. I just can’t see why Vang would’ve called 911 if he caused the disappearance. Because say he did cause Elijah to die in his house; who would’ve reported Elijah missing for weeks or months?; the mother? I doubt it - I think she would’ve helped cover it up. So they could have gone many months without reporting it, lots of time to concoct a story, or move away, etc. I think someone connected to Vang came into the house while he was asleep and spur of the moment took Elijah.

The Nissan Altima seems like it will be a key to breaking open the case. Personally, I think someone took Elijah from the home. I just can’t see why Vang would’ve called 911 if he caused the disappearance. Because say he did cause Elijah to die in his house; who would’ve reported Elijah missing for weeks or months?; the mother? I doubt it - I think she would’ve helped cover it up. So they could have gone many months without reporting it, lots of time to concoct a story, or move away, etc. I think someone connected to Vang came into the house while he was asleep and spur of the moment took Elijah.
He really wouldn't be the first caretaker or family member to report a child missing when they actually killed them. Especially with toddlers. They seem to expect the 'I woke up and they were gone' story will erase all suspicion. It doesn't.

MOO

This is an interesting theory, IMO, and thank you for posting it. I'm going to think about it for a while, but for now I see at least one issue to get around.

Per the criminal complaint, Vang said that he walked his autistic teenaged son to the school bus around 7:30 that morning, leaving Elijah alone in the apartment and locking the door behind him. (It's possible Vang forgot to lock the door, of course, but that's a different scenario, where someone dashes in, grabs Elijah, and Vang doesn't notice Elijah's gone, or doesn't care, and either way doesn't call 911 right then.)

When Vang returned to the apartment, he claimed to have tripled locked the door, then brought Elijah into the bedroom with him. Vang said he then took a three-hour nap and we know the rest of his story.

How would someone have gotten past those three door locks, do you think?

This is an interesting theory, IMO, and thank you for posting it. I'm going to think about it for a while, but for now I see at least one issue to get around.

Per the criminal complaint, Vang said that he walked his autistic teenaged son to the school bus around 7:30 that morning, leaving Elijah alone in the apartment and locking the door behind him. (It's possible Vang forgot to lock the door, of course, but that's a different scenario, where someone dashes in, grabs Elijah, and Vang doesn't notice Elijah's gone, or doesn't care, and either way doesn't call 911 right then.)

When Vang returned to the apartment, he claimed to have tripled locked the door, then brought Elijah into the bedroom with him. Vang said he then took a three-hour nap and we know the rest of his story.

How would someone have gotten past those three door locks, do you think?
Yes let’s keep brainstorming along this way, the alternative possibilities. I like to look at cases as though bad people might also be telling the truth, and good people might be lying, so as to consider all possibilities. If Vang wants it to be believable that Elijah wandered outside, then wouldn’t he have said he accidentally left the door unlocked? I’m pondering why he would say he triple locked it. Is he suggesting that a toddler undid all the locks? Did someone unknown come in through a window? Something isn’t adding up.

What do we know of Vangs intelligence level? Say Vang is the perpetrator - he would have to be spectacularly dumb to give the known story (“I locked us inside, and when I woke up he was gone”). Surely he had to have known he would be the main suspect, and his text msgs could be read by LE. Also, dumb to not give himself time and a cover story.

So let’s suppose he is actually telling the truth. What are the possibilities then? Someone who has a key, someone entering through a window, Elijah unlocking the door. Or, what if the teenager was the perpetrator and Vang is willing to take the rap?

Yes let’s keep brainstorming along this way, the alternative possibilities. I like to look at cases as though bad people might also be telling the truth, and good people might be lying, so as to consider all possibilities. If Vang wants it to be believable that Elijah wandered outside, then wouldn’t he have said he accidentally left the door unlocked? I’m pondering why he would say he triple locked it. Is he suggesting that a toddler undid all the locks? Did someone unknown come in through a window? Something isn’t adding up.

What do we know of Vangs intelligence level? Say Vang is the perpetrator - he would have to be spectacularly dumb to give the known story (“I locked us inside, and when I woke up he was gone”). Surely he had to have known he would be the main suspect, and his text msgs could be read by LE. Also, dumb to not give himself time and a cover story.

So let’s suppose he is actually telling the truth. What are the possibilities then? Someone who has a key, someone entering through a window, Elijah unlocking the door. Or, what if the teenager was the perpetrator and Vang is willing to take the rap?
Oh that’s a very interesting thought…. Vang taking the rap for his son. That’s something I never considered. MOO

Okay, I'm game. So let's also add in to the mix the few things we know from LE, too.

That Feb 14th photo (taken with Baur's phone and later deleted) of Elijah laying blindfolded and bruised in Vang's apartment. Who was responsible for both the bruises and the blindfold? This, six days before he's reported missing.

That beige Nissan sedan and where it might have been between 2:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on February 19th, the day before Vang reported Elijah missing. LE provided a photo of the car and stated that its owner is  not a POI. What does that 7-hour time window suggest?

The recovery of Elijah's red and white plaid blanket around February 25th, some mere 4 miles from Vang's apartment. Who put it there, and why?

(Vang telling LE about Elijah's blanket is the one thing that makes me think there could be a tiny chance he's not the person responsible for Elijah's disappearance and, IMO, likely death.)

I was obsessed with that blanket for weeks and weeks - post #797.

And we should also include Two Rivers' LE saying at least twice now that they believe Elijah is somewhere with 15-20 square miles of Two Rivers, still in Manitowoc County. What has convinced them of this?

Another possibility was that someone was aware of the abuse and took the young boy out of the area and hidden for safety reasons
I've wondered a few times about something like this. Also, every now and then someone desperate for a child of their own will seize a child.

In both scenarios, there has to be access to the child, whether by force or simple opportunity.

We don't know if Two Rivers LE believe Elijah is dead or alive when they say they think he's within that 15-20 square-mile radius of the town, but I would think if he were alive and captive - even for protective motives - the only reason he's not been found is because he would never be taken outdoors. Still, I think it would be a tall order to pull that off.

Oh that’s a very interesting thought…. Vang taking the rap for his son. That’s something I never considered. MOO
It would be an explanation for this limbo the case is in. If that were the situation, then Vang’s current story would be a mix of truth and lies. Perhaps he’s sticking with the current story and thinking that without the discovery of a body, he has a shot at not being charged with murder. But if a body is found, he’s willing to do the time so as to prevent his son from consequences.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back