WI - Jason Pero, 14, shot & killed by police, Ashland County, 8 Nov 2017

A white boy in the suburbs, who was lunging at the Deputy with a large butcher knife, and refusing orders to drop it, and who was wanting to die by 'suicide by cop' ---would most likely be shot just as quickly.

The Deputy did not care what race or ethnicity the man yielding the knife was, he just wanted to defend himself. :rose:

Then why do we never hear of cops killing white children? They don't hesitate to kill minority children. And where was this cop's taser? Where were his de-escalation techniques? He went directly to murdering a child. No other adults around. GTFO with "he just wanted to defend himself!"

I think he knew, and I think he reacted out of fear (and maybe anger) rather than making an honest effort to resolve the situation.

Jason did not deserve to be murdered.

So let's blame the cop. This troubled boy went to a lot of trouble to commit suicide by cop. And was despondent for weeks.

And yet all the blame falls to the unlucky officer that answered that 911 call to that address. What about the family and the school? What did they know and do about the situation?

Saying that the officer did not make an 'honest effort' to resolve the situation is unfair. You don't believe that officer wanted to resolve it without having to shoot?

It sounds like suicide by cop.Instead of blaming the cop I wish people would look into what was going on in this poor kid's family and life that made him want to die.

Then why do we never hear of cops killing white children? They don't hesitate to kill minority children. And where was this cop's taser? Where were his de-escalation techniques? He went directly to murdering a child. No other adults around. GTFO with "he just wanted to defend himself!"

Cops do kill white teens. But BLM does not publicize it like they do with minority teens.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/14/body-cam-video-shows-cop-fatally-shooting-unarmed-teen/

Bodycam shows fatal shooting of unarmed white teen
By Associated Press July 14, 2016

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sandiego-police-shooting-20170507-story.html
Teenage boy killed by San Diego police after pointing a BB gun at officers called 911 moments earlier

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-where-is-the-outrage/?utm_term=.8adb9e017c76
An ‘unarmed’ white teen was shot dead by police. His family asks: Where is the outrage?

It sounds like suicide by cop.Instead of blaming the cop I wish people would look into what was going on in this poor kid's family and life that made him want to die.

The investigation isn't even finished, so we cannot make assumptions about whether it was suicide by cop or not.

Why Are So Many Native Americans Killed By Police
The number of Native Americans killed by police doubled from 2015 to 2016. Per capita, Native Americans are more likely to be killed by police than any other demographic in the U.S., according to a 2014 study by The Center of Juvenile and Criminal Justice. And that’s probably undercounted.

The New Indian Massacre? Police Shootings of Native Americans on the Rise
Native Americans aren’t typically thought of as the face of police violence. But a 2014 study using data from the federal Centers for Disease Control showed that over a 12-year period, Native Americans were statistically more likely to be killed by police than any other group, including African-Americans.

Nationally, Native Americans make up just 0.8 percent of the population. Yet they comprise 1.9 percent of all police killings.

And between 2015 and 2016, Native Americans were the only racial group to see their death toll due to police shootings go up, even as the number of officer-involved shootings across the country fell.

Native Americans Get Shot By Cops at an Astonishing Rate

“This is a reflection of an endemic problem in the perception of non-white people when it comes to the administration of justice,” Chase Iron Eyes, an attorney with the Lakota People’s Law Project in South Dakota

“You can tell they’re shooting out of fear,” he said. “If it’s not out of hate, for some reason they’re pulling the trigger before determining what the situation actually is. Something does need to happen. Somebody does need to take a look and we need help.”

rates_630.png

So let's blame the cop. This troubled boy went to a lot of trouble to commit suicide by cop. And was despondent for weeks.

And yet all the blame falls to the unlucky officer that answered that 911 call to that address. What about the family and the school? What did they know and do about the situation?

Saying that the officer did not make an 'honest effort' to resolve the situation is unfair. You don't believe that officer wanted to resolve it without having to shoot?

This young man was failed by family, school, and the officer. Therefore, I do blame the officer in this case. We can agree to disagree.

IMHO, we have a young man acting bizarrely. If the officer was not trained in de-escalation and mental illness, the officer was failed by the organization that trained him. A tragedy for this young man and a tragedy for the officer.

Mental illness is on the rise and needs to be taken into account when training and responding to situations where it becomes clear that there is behavior that appears out of the norm.

The investigation isn't even finished, so we cannot make assumptions about whether it was suicide by cop or not.
Nor should some call it murder before the investigaton is done.

So if you want to kill yourself you can just call a police officer and ask him to do it for you? And the officer is totally helpless, has no choice other than to kill you? No. He had a choice, he had options. The officer did not have to kill this child.

Cops do kill white teens. But BLM does not publicize it like they do with minority teens.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/14/body-cam-video-shows-cop-fatally-shooting-unarmed-teen/

Bodycam shows fatal shooting of unarmed white teen
By Associated Press July 14, 2016

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-sandiego-police-shooting-20170507-story.html
Teenage boy killed by San Diego police after pointing a BB gun at officers called 911 moments earlier

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-where-is-the-outrage/?utm_term=.8adb9e017c76
An ‘unarmed’ white teen was shot dead by police. His family asks: Where is the outrage?

jason.jpg

This is the child who was murdered by a cop.

This article explains that Native Americans are killed by police at the highest rate in this country:

https://eji.org/news/native-americans-killed-by-police-at-highest-rate-in-country

WE ARE SICK OF IT

When an officer feels threatened by an agitated suspect with a weapon, going for a taser is not usually a good choice. Mainly because Tasers are not always reliable.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/taser-vs-gun-why-police-choose-deadly-force-despite-non-n656461

They often don’t work, and then what?

From a practical perspective, police officers need to be within a relative mid-range, as far as 15 and 25 feet, in order to use a Taser. But if a subject is too close, then a Taser wouldn’t be effective either.

=============================================

I am sorry, but if someone lunges at an officer with a large butcher knife, they are likely to be shot. Deadly force is going to be met with deadly force.

If someone came into your homing and lunged at you with a butcher knife, and you had a gun, would you shoot them? If you pointed the gun at them and told them to drop the knife, and they refused, and came at you, with the knife, would you shoot them?

I know I would shoot them if they were lunging at me with a butcher knife.

So if you want to kill yourself you can just call a police officer and ask him to do it for you? And the officer is totally helpless, has no choice other than to kill you? No. He had a choice, he had options. The officer did not have to kill this child.

So please tell me what the officer should do, when a 300 lb male is lunging at him with a large butcher knife, and refusing to drop it?

So please tell me what the officer should do, when a 300 lb male is lunging at him with a large butcher knife, and refusing to drop it?

Obviously, the answer is to murder. Or if she's holding scissors, murder her. Or if she touches the police car, murder her.

The boy called 911 and gave them his own description, and said there was an armed man. HE was the armed man. That sounds like a plan for suicide by cop.

The boy called 911 and gave them his own description, and said there was an armed man. HE was the armed man. That sounds like a plan for suicide by cop.

And the cop was only too quick to do it, too.

Tragic. So what's next? If a toddler lunges at a cop the kid is toast? "Well, she lunged at me." Case closed.

Dylan Noble, Jeremy Mardis, Patrick O'Grady, Zane Terryn, Shelly Haendiges, Deven Guilford, Kristiana Coignard, Christian Redwine, Jacob Peterson, are a few. Not all of them were angels, but I am just saying that white teens also get killed by the police. It just might not be as publicized. JMO

Tragic. So what's next? If a toddler lunges at a cop the kid is toast? "Well, she lunged at me." Case closed.

If a naked 20yo is a threat, why not a naked 15yo? Yes, I think so. The shootings become more egregious and the officers walk away free (after some time spent on paid leave) and the message is clear. Just say you were scared and you can get away with murder.

http://inthesetimes.com/features/native_american_police_killings_native_lives_matter.html

Snip

To get a clearer picture, Mike Males, senior researcher at the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, looked at data the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) collected from medical examiners in 47 states between 1999 and 2011. When compared to their percentage of the U.S. population, Natives were more likely to be killed by police than any other group, including African Americans. By age, Natives 20-24, 25-34 and 35–44 were three of the five groups most likely to be killed by police. (The other two groups were African Americans 20-24 and 25-34.) Males’ analysis of CDC data from 1999 to 2014 shows that Native Americans are 3.1 times more likely to be killed by police than white Americans.

Yet these killings of Native people go almost entirely unreported by mainstream U.S. media.

Snip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Noble, Jeremy Mardis, Patrick O'Grady, Zane Terryn, Shelly Haendiges, Deven Guilford, Kristiana Coignard, Christian Redwine, Jacob Peterson, are a few. Not all of them were angels, but I am just saying that white teens also get killed by the police. It just might not be as publicized. JMO

We hear about them. They make the news. And there are threads here for at least three of the names you mentioned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back