WI WI - Laurie Depies, 20, Menasha, 19 Aug 1992

I read the story on the Dr Phil website. I wonder who the friend was that constantly asked her out and who was acting bizzarely after she went missing

I just had a listen to the recent 'Trail Went Cold' podcast on this case. To my mind this guy is the most likely candidate. He worked near Laurie, so he could easily have followed her to her boyfriend's apartment.

The podcast also mentioned that he disposed of his car not long after Laurie went missing.

i think it's sort of ridiculous this wasn't made public before when this case is older than i am, for god's sake

Who Laurie Depies’s Best Friend Says She Thinks May Have Been Involved In The 20-Year-Old’s 1992 Disappearance

Describing an incident which she says took place about a week after Laurie’s disappearance, Victoria claims that the man, who has not been publicly identified, was showing “erratic” behavior at a get-together with friends.

“He was drawing, and some of the images were violent, like a man standing behind a girl with a bloody knife; and then a person standing behind a girl and stabbing them” claims Victoria in the video above, adding that the girl in the drawing was wearing something very similar to what Laurie was wearing the night she disappeared.

Psychic Detective Says She Looked At Missing Woman’s Photo And 'Immediately Felt That She Had Been Abducted Against Her Will’

i think it's sort of ridiculous this wasn't made public before when this case is older than i am, for god's sake

Who Laurie Depies’s Best Friend Says She Thinks May Have Been Involved In The 20-Year-Old’s 1992 Disappearance

Describing an incident which she says took place about a week after Laurie’s disappearance, Victoria claims that the man, who has not been publicly identified, was showing “erratic” behavior at a get-together with friends.

“He was drawing, and some of the images were violent, like a man standing behind a girl with a bloody knife; and then a person standing behind a girl and stabbing them” claims Victoria in the video above, adding that the girl in the drawing was wearing something very similar to what Laurie was wearing the night she disappeared.

Psychic Detective Says She Looked At Missing Woman’s Photo And 'Immediately Felt That She Had Been Abducted Against Her Will’

They mentioned a few other local creeps in the podcast also, but thus unnamed Guy seems for and away the most likely candidate.

Probably followed her a few times before, so he knew the 'lay of the land' before he struck. May have sneaked up behind her and knocked her out, while she was locking her car door, or lured her into his own vehicle on some pretense.

Last edited:
Feb 19 2022
UW-Oshkosh professor revisiting Laurie Depies cold case | WFRV
''OSHKOSH, Wis. (WFRV) – Anthropology professor turned cold case investigator?

Dr. Jordan Karsten, an associate professor of Anthropology at UW-Oshkosh, has had a long history of using his expertise to help local law enforcement solve missing person cases.

“They (law enforcement) usually contact me if they have any concern that some bone that has been found or turned in is human or not,” explained Karsten''

''The search for Laurie Depies will be featured on season two of Karsten and Hiskes’ podcast “Cold Case: The Frozen Tundra.”

Season two of the podcast is expected to drop in the summer of 2022.

“Cold Case: The Frozen Tundra.” is available on various streaming platforms including Spotify, Amazon Music, and Apple Podcast. To learn more or to listen to previous episodes, click here.''

OMG! I am so glad that this info is FINALLY coming out. This case holds a special place to me because I was a very small part of it. I worked at that mall at the time of this disappearance and I was one of the last people to see Laurie alive. I was in high school. She bought a soda from where I worked before she left the mall. I was interviewed by police at my house and also once at the station. I did a Jane Doe deposition in the case because my father was an attorney and he was very worried that the Rawhide boys would come after me next. Several Rawhide boys worked at the mall too and one of them was the leading suspect in our mall talk at the time. I believe it is possible that he worked at The Gap. Rawhide was known for taking in really good looking young men and so they were pretty popular among the young ladies. I remember hearing about the fu@ked up drawings. Wow, this is bringing a lot back... I worked at the mall from high school through college, several different stores and all of us mall folk were close and hung out and partied together eery weekend. The story back then was that he buried her until a brand new highway being built, Highway 441. Wisconsin Highway 441 - Wikipedia

I need to watch this new podcast. I also need to summon the balls to talk to someone who probably knows more than she would like to. At the time of the disappearance someone with a family connection to Rawhide was a manager at one of the mall stores. Not naming it in hopes of keeping her identity private. I was only acquaintances with her at the time but became friends in my 20's. She is a more private person and I never felt comfortable bringing it up to her back then and nothing had come of the case...No arrests had been made and the case was cold. I had started to wonder if what I had heard was only wrong rumors....Not until this new info of this "Rawhide Tim" came out did I start wondering again if what I had heard was indeed true.

“Everyone told us, 'Hey, you should look into Laurie Depies.'”

On Aug. 19, 1992, the 20-year-old Depies disappeared from the Fox Valley. The lack of physical evidence and eyewitnesses has puzzled investigators for almost 30 years.

“There’s nothing else. There’s nothing to submit to the lab to use new technology on. There’s just very little physical evidence, if any,” said Kyra Schallhorn, who worked on the case for the Wisconsin Department of Justice for over a decade.

Schallhorn still thinks and dreams about the unsolved case. When she got word of the podcast, she decided to help. Hiskes and Karsten interviewed Schallhorn and used her answers throughout season two.
1660220720644.jpeg
“It would be awesome if we could find her body,” Schallhorn said.

“That would be a huge thing for some sort of resolution for her mother, for her father, for her sister, and then to solve it and eventually figure out who did this to her.”

They’re crowdsourcing the investigation now, and say even small tips could help break the case.

“That little small piece, when added into the puzzle, could be something that changes the way investigators look at the case,” said Karsten.

Schallhorn agreed. She thinks with the passage of 30 years since the disappearance, someone with valuable information may feel more comfortable now stepping forward.

“It has opened up the story to a new audience,” Schallhorn said. “I think the tips that are coming in can only help.”

Tips sent to the podcast get forwarded to law enforcement.

AUG 19, 2023

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - Laurie Depies was last seen on Aug. 19, 1992. Depies was 20 years old when she disappeared from the parking lot of her boyfriend’s apartment complex in the former Town of Menasha. (It is now known as Fox Crossing.)

Laurie would be 51 years old today.

Depies worked at the Fox River Mall in Grand Chute. On the day of her disappearance, a co-worker had walked her to her vehicle after work. A witness stated her vehicle was heard coming into the parking lot of her boyfriend’s complex at 310 West Wilson Avenue, but she never went inside the apartment.

More at August 19 marks 31 years since the disappearance of Laurie Depies

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname