GUILTY WI - Stephanie Low, 22, Wausau, 10 Oct 2010

I'm not finding anything in the news about Stephanie....and that worries me....

Yes BiS, it has gone silent ... I look for updates daily.

I emailed waow requesting an update and received a prompt reply. They have been in communication with the family and there is nothing new at this time. There will be a vigil tonight for Stephanie and a reporter will be there to speak with the family.

Thinking of Stephanie and her family.

this has hit so close to home as I went to high school with Stephanies uncle and knew of her dad. I cannot imagine the pain and worry that this family is going through and I cannot get this off of my mind! I hope that she is found safe and found soon!

After reading this thread, I'm wondering why her brother's gf and/or brother didn't call 911 considering they said that Stephanie sounded frantic and hung up abruptly. :waitasec: Something's not right. :twocents:

At the very least, I think they would have gone over to her apartment immediately, no? Seems strange unless they were all impaired but then why not call the police and tell them what just happened?

No new leads in Low disappearance

Posted Friday November 5, 2010 13 hours, 34 minutes ago

st_article_detail_lead.jpg

Low, 22, was last seen about 1 a.m. on October 10. Her mother reported her missing to police and believe her disappearance is suspicious.

It's been nearly a month since 22-year-old Stephanie Low disappeared. Wausau police say they've followed-up on more than 40 leads in the case, but none have led to her whereabouts.

Police also say the longer she's missing, the more likely it is she's been harmed.
http://wsau.com/news/articles/2010/nov/05/no-new-leads-low-disappearance/
No new clues in search for Stephanie Low

By Jeff Starck • Wausau Daily Herald • November 4, 2010

Wausau police still have no evidence that a 22-year-old Wausau woman missing for the past three weeks was taken against her will, though Wausau Police Chief Jeff Hardel said investigators continue to look into threats made before her disappearance.

Stephanie Low has not been seen or heard from since Oct. 10, when her final phone call with a friend ended abruptly.

Low's mother, Claudia Blake, said that Low received threats before her disappearance, but neither Blake nor Hardel would discuss the threats or related evidence because they do not want a possible suspect to be aware of the evidence investigators have.

Given how Low's last phone conversation ended, investigators treated Low's disappearance as if it were a crime by conducting interviews with her family and friends, photographing her apartment, reviewing cell phone records and collecting other possible evidence, Hardel said. He estimated that investigators have interviewed 40 people since Low's disappearance.

"Nothing has jumped out or has been identified as why she disappeared," Hardel said. "We don't have information that someone clearly made a threat to do her harm."
Blake said she is certain her daughter was taken against her will.

"My daughter would never go 24 days without talking to someone," Blake said.
Low has never previously disappeared or gone long stretches of time without contacting friends or family, Blake said. Low also left her two dogs unattended without food and water.

"Obviously, we feel there is evidence in the fact that she has been gone this long with no contact with people, phone calls, or though Facebook, which (leads) us to believe it is likely something could have happened to her," Hardel said. "But at this point, she is still a missing person."

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/ar...0633/No-new-clues-in-search-for-Stephanie-Low
Still hoping for a good outcome for Stephanie, prayers being said for her family.

I wish Stephanie would be found unharmed. The manner in which she went missing says to me she probably met with foul play though. There isn't much information to go on in this case, at least not released to the public. Has LE commented on her cell phone and if they were able to track it the night she went missing if it was with her? I hope they have much more than they are telling the media.

This story sounds so scary and so frustrating that they haven't found what happened to her. :(
And like another poster said.....why didn't her brother and his gf CALL THE COPS right away???? :( :(

Thanks TLynne.

On her facebook account Stephanie says something about starting over and the fact that people just can't be happy for her (new relationship), the last four years were wasted and now she is happy. Paraphrasing, not exact quote. In the one court link in my post above there was an eviction. I wonder if the other party was an ex-bf and relates to her statement about the last four years?
Good point. She posted a comment to one of her FB pictures that says she was engaged (she got a tattoo of her new boyfriend's name on her back):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=122000494517421&set=a.121988871185250.23677.100001224130058

Also makes me thing of the Mackenzie Cowell case, where she was murdered by someone she didn't seem to know too well. I hope they have thoroughly checked all the men who live in the apartment building or complex.

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/ar...0633/No-new-clues-in-search-for-Stephanie-Low

Wausau police still have no evidence that a 22-year-old Wausau woman missing for the past three weeks was taken against her will, though Wausau Police Chief Jeff Hardel said investigators continue to look into threats made before her disappearance.

I thought that they stated earlier that they had evidence that she was taken against her will. I wonder what has changed.

I thought so too. Something about one of her house-shoes that she *always* wore found in the house the other missing. Also bedding was gone off the bed? Is it just the reporter goofing up?

Search For Wisconsin Woman Widens

Mom Holds Out Hope She Is Still Alive

POSTED: 9:17 pm CST November 9, 2010
UPDATED: 10:16 pm CST November 9, 2010

MILWAUKEE -- A month after her 21-year-old daughter, Stephanie Low, went missing, Claudia Blake is holding out hope she is still alive.

"I know something's wrong; something terribly wrong has happened," Blake said during a phone interview.
The search for Stephanie has now gone statewide.

The Clearinghouse for Missing and Exploited Children and Adults sent out a flier across Wisconsin asking for help.

more here

http://www.wisn.com/r/25700173/detail.html

I think of Stephanie often and there's so little coverage of her disappearance in the media. Thanks for the update TexasMist....I'm relieved to see that she hasn't been forgotten.

I'm just wondering after reading the above article, how do they know Stephanie disappeared a half hour after speaking to her brother on the phone?

Her boyfriend was previously in jail for manufacturing and delivering cocaine back in 2003. It was a probation violation to that conviction that landed him in jail the Friday before her disappearance. His court record for the conviction shows a charge modifier of habitual criminality. She may have met some "unsavory" people from his past...

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails.do;jsessionid=4C3447128A3CC7E8D2E7A6E43389B97B.render6?caseNo=2003CF000674&countyNo=37&cacheId=39B0A001CF62E4FC12EBB4650249B1E5&recordCount=9&offset=4&mode=details&submit=View+Case+Details

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back