WI WI - The Capital City Murders - UNSOLVED

It looks like it's a teacher's schedule.

These people have gone missing during summer break, spring break (April is spring break right?), Christmas break, Thanksgiving break.

Could someone post the schedules for breaks for UW and the related UW campuses to compare?

Student enrollment affects the University funding, which would explain why this has all been closemouthed.

Faculty and Staff should be mentioned. Also, campus police have access to student ID and confidential info.

The spaces in dates can be that the women were held over a period of time. Would make sense for the gaps.

Defintely disturbing findings guys!

We need to add Amber Wilde missing Sept. 23, 1998. http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/wilde_amber.html
Amber Wilde attended the University of Wisconsin-Washington County after graduating from Campbellsport High School. She was last seen in Green Bay, where she had transferred to the local University of Wisconsin campus and where her car eventually showed up in the parking lot of a Green Bay sports bar.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=167272
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4196/is_20050102/ai_n11008375/pg_3

While looking for links for Amber, I ran across another one! Areerat Chuprevich from Allouez, Wisconsin missing 4/26/03. http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/chuprevich_areerat.html
At the time she vanished she was enrolled in St. Norbert's College's English as a Second Language program and also pursuing a degree in business administration.

Dawn Mohn missing 8/21/2000 last seen walking home from a bar about 2:00a.m. in GreenBay.
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070720/GPG0101/707200577/1978 <great article on Mahalia Xiong, Amber, Areerat, Dawn Mohn and more I had not heard of before!

One of these articles states "that the disappearance of these women are being chalked up to coincedence!"

The guy I talked to before sent me another email:

"Yeah, i live in the area where Hackl lived. Next town over actually. They convicted Kim Brown for another murder that occurred in the area in 1987. They also think he murdered another woman they found in the area that year. Hackl, many believe, was murdered by a Sauk City police officer, and that there was a cover-up. They had no solid evidence against Volbrecht, and the cop was known to frequent the area around the bar where she was last seen."

**Also, there's a guy who lives in WI who's familiar with the case trying to register for the board, but said he was rejected. Is there any way he can get in?

PM one of the Mods and ask for help. : )

Any input would be appreciated. I hope he gets in soon!

The guy I talked to before sent me another email:

"Yeah, i live in the area where Hackl lived. Next town over actually. They convicted Kim Brown for another murder that occurred in the area in 1987. They also think he murdered another woman they found in the area that year. Hackl, many believe, was murdered by a Sauk City police officer, and that there was a cover-up. They had no solid evidence against Volbrecht, and the cop was known to frequent the area around the bar where she was last seen."

**Also, there's a guy who lives in WI who's familiar with the case trying to register for the board, but said he was rejected. Is there any way he can get in?

You having any luck with the mods?

We can remove Francine Tate from our list now! She was found alive and well today in northern Michigan.

I took some of Browns work and did some more stats on it

Missing and Found Dead
May 1968 - Christine Rothschild student Madison 18 years old, maybe part of Mad City Murders
July 21, 1976 - Debra Bennett (no info)
May 1978 - Julie Ann Hall (no info)
April 1981 - Julie Speerschneider (Disappeared March 1979) Madison 20, from bar Mad City
April 1980 - Susan LeMahieu 24 years old Mad City Murders (?) Madison
July 1981 - Shirley Stewart Madison 17 years old Mad City
July 2, 1982 - Donna Mraz 19 years old Green Bay
November 17, 1984 - Janet M. Raasch Madison 20 years old
June 12, 1987 - Angela Hackl 17 or 18 Saulk County
April 26, 1993 - Inez Musch Saulk County
December 22, 2005 - Angela Drake (Disappeared December 9, 2005) 25 years old Madison area
November 27, 2006 - Diedre Harm (Disappeared June 10, 2006) WI Rapids
July 9, 2007 - Kelly Nolan (Disappeared June 23, 2007)

Missing and Not Found
August 19, 1992 - Laurie Jean Depies (Still missing) 20 years old, Menasha, Wisconsin
September 23, 1998 - Amber Wilde (Still missing) 19years old Green Bay student
August 21, 2000 - Dawn Mohn (Still missing) 41 Green Bay
April 26, 2003 - Areerat Chuprevich (Still missing) Green Bay, 32 years old
July 13, 2007 - Mahaxia Xiong (Still missing)

Unsolved
June 7, 2004 - Assault and Rape
1993 - Assault and rape

We can remove Mahalia Xiong after they do the autopsy and give a COD. It does look to be an accident, but they need to confirm it.

Rest in peace, Mahalia. Our prayers are with you and your family.

I got in touch with someone else about Angela Hackl, and if her information is right, it's very interesting:

"I have read and reread everything I could find on this case--and to be honest this is one of the hardest cases to find stuff on. My parents were good friends with her parents. I was real young when this happened. I just remember everyone always saying Terry didn't do it. So as I got older I tried finding stuff on it. Everyone thought (thinks) a Thomas Perschy an Ex Sauk County cop did it. She was shot with a police issued gun and hung with chains and police issued handcuffs. I guess Terry and Prschy had a few run ins b4. The only thing that I found in the newspaper was that Terry had had sex with her that night. But none of the times matched up. Thomas Perschy was suppose to have seen Angie drop Terry off in town during the time a farmer thought he heard gun shots and heard a car take off. B4 searching Angie's car they didn't lock it up like they should have. I just honestly feel he didn't do it. I can't believe they gave someone life in prison with such little to go on. Plz let me know what you found."

After reading up on a couple of other cases here, I think a 'rush to judgement' was possibly made, too. Even though juries found sufficient evidence, it was quite circumstantial and based on what happened prior to the murders with time between left for another perp to have actually acted in both cases. In my mind, this leaves reasonable doubt worthy of looking at these cases again and again. (Which is how I found one case...a journalism class goes over it periodically.)

We do need to take a good look at Angela Hackl's case as it could hold many secrets it sounds like. Great job, Emily! I would be interested to hear more about the excop angle there.

Missing and Found Dead

May 1968 - Christine Rothschild 18 years old, UW student (*MCM) Madison
July 21, 1976 - Debra Bennett 20 years old, Cardinal Hotel (*MCM) Madison
July (?) 1978 - Julie Ann Hall 18 years old, UW library asst., from King Tap Bar (*MCM) Madison
April 1981 - Julie Speerschneider 20 years old, disappeared March 1979 from bar (*MCM) Madison
April 1980 - Susan LeMahieu 24 years old (*MCM) Madison
July 1981 - Shirley Stewart 17 years old, from Dean Clinic, (*MCM) Madison
July 2, 1982 - Donna Mraz 19 years old, UW student, from waitress job on State St., (*MCM) Madison
November 17, 1984 - Janet M. Raasch 20 years old, UW student/worked on campus, disappeared October 11, 1984, (*MCM) Buena Vista
June 12, 1987 - Angela Hackl 17 or 18 years old, Saulk County *Terry Vollbrecht convicted.
July/August 1987- Barbara Blackstone 31 years old, Lyndon Station
March 1990- Sue McFadden 23 years old,
April 26, 1993 - Inez Musch 19 years old, UW-Baraboo student transferring to UW-Madison , Saulk County *tentatively been ruled a suicide
December 22, 2005 - Angela Drake 25 years old, student UW, disappeared December 9, 2005, Madison area *Michael DeSalvo convicted.
November 27, 2006 - Diedre Harm 21 years old, disappeared June 10, 2006 from bar, WI Rapids
July 9, 2007 - Kelly Nolan 22 years old, UW-Whitewater student, disappeared June 23, 2007 from State St. bar, Madison

Missing and Not Found

August 19, 1992 - Laurie Jean Depies 20 years old, (Still missing), Menasha, Wisconsin
September 23, 1998 - Amber Wilde 19 years old, UW-Green Bay student, (Still missing)
August 21, 2000 - Dawn Mohn 41 years old, (Still missing), Green Bay
April 26, 2003 - Areerat Chuprevich 32 years old, (Still missing) Green Bay,

Unsolved
1993 - Assault (stabbing) and rape, UW campus
June 7, 2004 - Assault and Rape

*Mad City Murders=MCM according to article
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/unsolved/madison_wi/1.html

More on Inez Musch, Sue McFadden, Barbara Blackstone, Linda Nachreiner:

Is there a serial killer on the loose in south-central Wisconsin?
The April 26 death of Inez Musch, a young UW-Baraboo/Sauk County Center coed found in a wooded area near the campus, has stirred up that question onceagain.Musch, 19, is the fifth young woman to die mysteriously in the past five years, all within a 15-mile radius.
http://www.madison.com/archives/rea...l/archive_files/wsj/1993/05/08/9305080088.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73
Back