Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wagara...Sorry to hear this happened to your brother and hope he is okay. Also, I hate that you and your family are going to have to walk this road. I sincerely hope with you that your journey will be different and travesty will in no way be represented in his case. Keep us posted.

I am sure Judge Perry couldn't care less about a video that may or may not actually be Casey Anthony, or may or may not be an actress paid to hoodwink the gullible media and the throngs of "gotta know where Casey Anthony is and is doing at all times" masses.

He should. It goes to the defense's request for administrative probation because of "peril" to her safety. If they are aware and even encouraged her to walk around alone like that, maybe they don't really think she's in peril.

But he should aware whether or not FCA is receiving payment for videos and photos of herself. She is still claiming indigence, btw.
Jeez...if the DT can show that picture of Casey with the bullet hole, why couldn't the State show a videotape...not that I think they will. I don't believe it's her anyway.The DT IMO would be nuts letting her out in public without protection (unless it was all staged by them).

The State Department of Corrections in Florida applied Casey Anthony's probation while she was in jail...following the original court order that Judge Strickland ordered on January 25, 2010.

The original order in court was for probation upon release. The written order was mistaken.

Judge Strickland is now saying that he intended for Casey Anthony to serve probation after her release from jail...

It's not just him saying this. It's a fact that was his intent. The defense isn't even denying this.

If in fact that Judge Strickland had intended for this to happen...then he should have been more observant in making sure that the original court document in January 2010 was worded correctly according to his intentions...

That's a childish view of the law. Most people involved in law know clerical mistakes happen and allow for corrections all the time. Perry understands this.

after all he had to read it and sign it to make it a legal order...

He probably had a clerk sign it with a stamp. Perry also understands judges don't read every word of every document they "sign."

And according to Florida law...he had 60 days from the time that he signed it to make any necessary corrections from January 25th to March 2010...

Perry didn't talk about this so it may not be applicable here.

and he failed to do so in that time frame...He waited 1 year and 7 months later to try and make a change...

He didn't change his original order, but confirmed it.

To make any changes any different than they are right now...it would be a travesty of justice...

"Travesty"? Cuz she might have to serve probation outside jail? Travesty????? Uh, no. Casey's not exactly Dred Scott.

first you have to look at the integrity of the State of Florida Department of Corrections...This organization knows the law and they uphold the law every day in their work environment...to go against what they have already said that Casey's probation has been served according to the original court document in 2010...

Oh brother. This has nothing to do with the DOC. They followed the order they were given. Nobody's blaming them for anything.

As a member of the American television viewing audience...some of us sitting at home watching the television as all this unfolds leaves us with the impression that Judge Strickland has just made a mockery out of the Department of Corrections...

Those people would be mistaken, which is often true of the American television viewing audience.

Hopefully Judge Perry after he carefully evaluates everything will come to the same conclusion that many of us have come to...

Many? How many is that, I mean outside of Baez's office?

that he should rescind this latest court order change from Judge Strickland because if Judge Strickland had any problem with the court order that he signed on January 25, 2010...then he failed to follow the letter of the law and he didn't make the changes within the 60 days time period...

Perry isn't that childish. If he rules for Casey, this won't be the reasoning.

And Judge Perry can be the one who makes a difference in turning this mess around with making an awareness program for the judges in the state of Florida.. .holding them personally responsible for making sure that the court order is in perfect order as their intentions before they sign and date the document and to remind them that they only have 60 days to make any corrections

Is this a pervasive problem in FL? Based on what?

Perry may rule for Casey, as it is a complicated matter, or a "morass" as he called it, but it won't be for the peevish reasons you've brought up.

travesty and mockery are pretty strong words...
Just can't see myself using travesty of justice to describe CFCA possibly having to return to Florida for probation. Neither would I describe JS clarification of his intended order as a mockery (absurd misrepresentation).

My brother got shot last Saturday night in a work related robbery. If his shooter and accomplices get FCA's kind of sentencing I will go freaking mad as will my family.

I sincerely hope this travesty with FCA is just a flaw in our judicial system and not where the system is at these days. I guess I will soon find out personally.

So sorry to hear about your brother! :hug:

He should. It goes to the defense's request for administrative probation because of "peril" to her safety. If they are aware and even encouraged her to walk around alone like that, maybe they don't really think she's in peril.

IIRC all these supposed death threats were found not credible before she was released. I hope HHJP asks for documentation from LE/DT that there have even been any threats to her safety before he lets her off again...

IIRC all these supposed death threats were found not credible before she was released. I hope HHJP asks for documentation from LE/DT that there have even been any threats to her safety before he lets her off again...

Mason attached a photo of a simulated bullet hole in the forehead of a photo of the felon, to his latest Motion .... but, who is to say that a defense/felon sympathizer didn't send that email to the defense office by FAX/email in order to create the illusion of "threats" to the felon, to support her desire not to be brought back to Orlando to do probation?

Makes more sense to me that someone the Defense knew about sent that photo, so the alleged "threat" had no real concern about being investigated and found out. In my opinion, any person who really wanted to carry out such an attack would just do it, and would not announce it by sending notice of their intentions to the Defense in such a traceable manner. All that photo was is a "prop" for the Defense to use in their arguments to the Judge. The Judge should weigh the reliability of such "evidence".

In my opinion, Judge P should take into consideration alllllll of the evidence that the felon is really NOT concerned with her own safety after walking around Columbus city streets and stores ALONE.

Thank you guys for your kind thoughts...my brother has a long road ahead of him...I will keep you posted.

Sorry for the OT!

Mason attached a photo of a simulated bullet hole in the forehead of a photo of the felon, to his latest Motion .... but, who is to say that a defense/felon sympathizer didn't send that email to the defense office by FAX/email in order to create the illusion of "threats" to the felon, to support her desire not to be brought back to Orlando to do probation?

Makes more sense to me that someone the Defense knew about sent that photo, so the alleged "threat" had no real concern about being investigated and found out. In my opinion, any person who really wanted to carry out such an attack would just do it, and would not announce it by sending notice of their intentions to the Defense in such a traceable manner. All that photo was is a "prop" for the Defense to use in their arguments to the Judge. The Judge should weigh the reliability of such "evidence".

In my opinion, Judge P should take into consideration alllllll of the evidence that the felon is really NOT concerned with her own safety after walking around Columbus city streets and stores ALONE.

I agree TT. I posted this on another thread but feel it may be appropriate on this as well. All of this is my own opinion. I am truly disgusted by Casey, her DT, and the lengths they will go to for her. What other "client" gets this kind of treatment anywhere??

Brought over from another thread:

It absolutely amazes me the lengths that the DT will go to to promote their arguments regarding Casey and to keep her in the news as a marketable “hot” item.

First there is an emailed threat in the form of a photo of her with a bullet in her forehead just 2 days before her release from jail, which was supposedly turned over to the OCLE. Have we heard any results of that investigation? BTW, this is also the photo they are now using to argue “Administrative Probation” showing she is unsafe in Orlando.

Next we have photos and video of Casey in a ball cap and sunglasses, obviously safe, walking around and shopping alone in Ohio…not Orlando, released just 2 days before she is supposed to report to Orlando for probation. The judge puts a stay on that until a hearing on Friday, in which Casey does not have to appear.

Then on Friday, the day of the hearing, we hear about a woman dressed in a ball cap and sunglasses that is walking around near Casey’s neighborhood that is attacked because she “looks like Casey”, showing, once again, that Casey is unsafe in Orlando. This was a two-fold deal for the woman. It also gives her free publicity promoting her book.

I believe the photos and video of a safe Casey (in Ohio) and this woman’s attack (in Orlando) will be mentioned in her probation hearing if the need arises.

I guess I have become a cynic in my old age (lol), but I see this as all orchestrated by her DT. Timing is everything in public relations.

All JMO, of course.

I am sure Judge Perry couldn't care less about a video that may or may not actually be Casey Anthony, or may or may not be an actress paid to hoodwink the gullible media and the throngs of "gotta know where Casey Anthony is and is doing at all times" masses.

You missed my point. He mentioned administrative probation as a possibility due to the public outrage at the verdict. My point is, if the video was taken without her knowledge (I know, doubtful), then she doesn't appear to be too afraid for her life.

Jeez...if the DT can show that picture of Casey with the bullet hole, why couldn't the State show a videotape...not that I think they will. I don't believe it's her anyway.The DT IMO would be nuts letting her out in public without protection (unless it was all staged by them).

I think it was staged (as in Baez staged it). Last night I was looking at Christina Baez's mugshots (all three), and she looks an awful lot like Casey. If it were not for the moles on her arm, I'd think it was an actress - but maybe they staged that as well. Although Christina has horrible skin, would be hard to cover up.

How worried was/is Casey Anthony about other people's safety?

Thousands of volunteers tromped through the woods - which have been described as infested with snakes and other dangers - searching for Caylee. Was Casey worried about them?

Cindy Anthony was literally shown doubled over in agony while trying to get Casey to give them something to go on when the search was in progress.
Was Casey worried about her?

George and Lee Anthony get to live the rest of their lives being labeled incestuous sexual perverts. I think they may have some legitimate concerns for their safety from some nut job.
Was/is Casey worried about them?

Zenaida Gonzalez was labeled a baby snatcher.
Was/is Casey worried about her?

Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been taken from the people of Florida in order to investigate and adjudicate this crime. Casey, according to her defense team, could have resolved and ended everything on June 16th. Florida taxpayers have been stuck with the bills and continue to be stuck for Miss "I-Am-Indigent"'s legal bills.
Is Casey worried about them?

We know the answer to all of the above.

And I answer NO to the next question: Should we be concerned about Casey Anthony's safety?

KC likes to live on the edge. She has proven it over and over again these past three years. "Everyone lies, everyone dies." She said so herself and apparently she is willing to risk it. Her DT seems to be more worried about her than she is of herself. jmo

No, you missed my point. Unless it is proven 100% that the person in the pics and videos is Casey Anthony, it should
not weigh in any decisions. Maybe there is no public outrage shown against the person in the video because the other people in the area of the video KNEW it wasn't Casey Anthony. IMO it is an actress, and everyone in the vicinity of the filming knew it.

You missed my point. He mentioned administrative probation as a possibility due to the public outrage at the verdict. My point is, if the video was taken without her knowledge (I know, doubtful), then she doesn't appear to be too afraid for her life.

I think that HHJBP will rule that she served her probation, if that is what it can be called. There is a two-edged sword to this ruling. You cannot serve probation at the same time as a sentence. Sorry FCA, back to jail to finish your sentence on the lying charges, that you were found guilty of by the jury. They got one thing right.

No, you missed my point. Unless it is proven 100% that the person in the pics and videos is Casey Anthony, it should
not weigh in any decisions. Maybe there is no public outrage shown against the person in the video because the other people in the area of the video KNEW it wasn't Casey Anthony. IMO it is an actress, and everyone in the vicinity of the filming knew it.

Not likely. The moles all match up.

There would only be two reasons I can think of to say this was an actress:

1. The photographers arranged for her to pose for these pictures in which case it would be fraud selling them as if they were KC when they knew very well they weren't. That would get them, let's see....an end of a very profitable career???

2. Defense set up the actress and did not tell the photograph in which case it probably cost them a lot of money when really all they had to do is call KC and her handlers and say be in Columbus by Sunday we need to get some pictures. Why pay an actress who would just come forward after she was paid and say she was the one in the pictures? Think of all the free publicity.

I also think it could have been someone from her own camp, like the PI. Either way if this was set up by her defense I would hope someone would drop a hint to HHJP and let him know that there some really aggressive and creative thinkers among her defense team to paint an illusion that KC is being threatened.

It makes more sense that it was KC.....she just loves to play games, don't sha know, followed by "where's my check".......lol jmo

I think if it were brought up in court, and Baez said it wasn't her, he'd have to pay back the money TMZ paid him for the pics.

This isn't that complicated. Perry can simply ask Baez if it's her and he can say yes or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner