Will the players get out of these charges?

Pills are a weird drug. They're not like weed, where you go buy it, smoke it, & then go buy some more. Pills are so hard to get, (cuz you can't grow them or make the yourselves), that there's a lot of sharing, swapping, & cross dealing going on. Users can't just go to a regular supplier. That's why we see so much dr. shopping & forgery going on. So, trafficking pills isn't quite the same as trafficking cocaine. It seems that most of the activity is centered around feeding addictions, & not to get rich. I don't know if a judge would take that into consideration, but it's a possibility.

This is the reason this feels like entrapment to me. If LE had arrested them when they made their 1st buy, I'd have no problem with that. But, they didn't. They saved those charges for later & then put in a big drug order. Now, my question is this. Would Ron & Misty have used, bought ,& dealt without the undercover interference? probably. Would Ron & Misty have trafficked drugs, without the undercover interference? I tend to think not. If they were drug traffickers, why didn't LE set up a sting @ a party, for instance, & arrest them for trafficking to the party goers? Was the under cover guy, their only customer? We heard that there would more related arrests, so where are they? I want to see who was supplying the large amounts of pills, & I want to see their other customers. I'm not trying to offend any posters, but just want to give my honest opinion.

It's hard to say RaisinCharlie. At best, she is illiterate. When she says she can't read, I think she means she doesn't comprehend what she's reading. I'm sure some of the larger words are also difficult for her. But in this day and age, it would be difficult to even get to the 6th grade if you couldn't read.

I don't think Misty can tell time. When she is questioned about time she gets confused and can't remember. She will say, 3:00 or 4:00 or maybe it was 5:00. Haleigh weighed between 30 and 60 lbs. This girl has no clue. I do think she saw a "3" on a digital clock the night Haleigh disappeared, but doesn't connect the other numbers like a normal person tells time. And forget about the big hand and the little hand because I simply don't think she knows any of that.

She obviously doesn't understand what a co-defendant is or what trafficking is as evidenced by her jailhouse videos and we've all seen her math skills.

So, although Misty is conniving and a survivor on the streets, yeah, I think her IQ is pretty low. I'm not saying it's a defense, but it might be a consideration. I don't know. I was just throwing it out there.

I'm going to add that it's all a shame because Misty seems like she could be very bright and a quick study if she would/could take the opportunities available to her to learn.

And she's hopelessly confused about how much money it would take to bail her out. Remember, along with the slip-shod early education (and possible learning disability), Misty has been using lots of drugs of different sorts and alcohol while her brain is still developing; drugs and alcohol do lots of damage to the brain. Who knows how young Misty started doing drugs, what drugs she has done, and in what quantities. Last week on Celebrity Rehab, former basketball player Dennis Rodman was given an MRI that showed major brain damage as a result of alcoholism. So, Misty's problems with logical thinking may not represent a lack of intellectual capacity but a combination of poor education and damage due to substance abuse. But that said, I think she will be in jail for a while. I think once she goes through the full de-tox process and can think somewhat coherently about her situation, she will have to decide how to play the Haleigh card. Because I have no doubt that she will use Haleigh's disappearance if it helps her take one day off the time she will have to do.

How long did OJ get on the arrest in Vegas? I don't think his Vegas crime was that big of a deal but it was payback time. The judge and jury threw the book at him.

I just read here and hardly ever post, but didn't Misty offer the UC agent pills at a future date on one of the police reports. Said that he would have to wait three months though. Doesn't sound like entrapment to me. She wasn't forced to continue dealing. JMO

Off now, to catch up on the other threads.

You all are great at this.

I thought entrapment was one you are tricked into doing something you would never consider doing normally. Trust me these two have considered this and more.

But LE can't read minds. Only we know what we'd consider. I can't imagine actually dealing drugs, but I have considered it. Hey, times are hard, lol. My sister once found a purse full of crack rocks & what she figured was cocaine-no telling how much it was worth. She called me, wanting advice. For about a second, we considered her driving to my house, (about 35 miles away), & finding somebody to get rid of it. (yes, I'm acquainted with those kinds of people through my daughter's ex boyfriend). But we didn't. She turned it into the restaurant manager, who in turn, turned it over to the purse owner, when she went back for it. (in a panic, I'm sure). But, if some guy had showed up & offered her a thousand bucks for that purse, she may have taken it. & then been arrested for dealing-if he was under cover. You just never know. & for the record, I didn't really consider it. I don't think.

It's hard to tell how much time they will get. Tommy is in trouble for more then the dealing. I think he was only caught dealing one time wasn't he? He will probably do some time for the robbery and what ever else he is in trouble for. I think Misty was caught the most times so she may do a few years. I think Ron was caught twice wasn't he? I doubt that he will do much time. The cousin was only caught once I think so she may get time served and probation. Donna will probably get the same thing although she has admitted giving a bottle of pills to Misty to sell. I don't look for any of them to do much time though. I may be in for a surprise. LE might suspect that they had been dealing for awhile but unless they were caught it doesn't mean a thing in court.

It will be interesting to see what Misty's dad gets for doctor shopping and what her mother gets for whatever she was arrested for...checks? Good grief, all of the family is in trouble with the law except Timmy. They may all end up in jail at the same time. I guess they will all have a place to live and three meals a day anyway. That's pretty pitiful though.

I wonder if Lindsey bought some gro's for those kids or if she did what Tommy told her to do and saved all of the money for his bond!!! I hope her dad isn't buying her gro's while she saves her money for Tommy's bond! I don't understand why she didn't get upset when he told her to do that. My hair would have stood on end. Does anyone in this crowd put their kids first?

UCN: 542009CF002296XXAXMX File Date: 2009-11-24Judge: TERRY J LARUE Defense Atty: Defendant
CROSLIN, HANK T SR Alias
Date#Docket Description2009-11-241COMPLAINT FILED: FDLE 2009-11-241BOOKING NUMBER: N/A 2009-11-241DOCTOR SHOPPING(WITHHOLDING INFORMATION FROM A 2009-11-241PRACTITIONER (F3) 2009-11-242FELONY WARRANT ISSUED - BOND SET AT $2504.00 2009-11-253ARREST REPORT - 11/24/2009 2009-11-253BOOKING NUMBER: 09-04876 2009-11-253BOND SET AT $7504.00 2009-11-254DEFENDANT PRESENT FOR FIRST APPEARANCE HRG 2009-11-254ADJ INS P D APPOINTED AT FIRST APPEARANCE HEARING 2009-11-254SUFFICIENT PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND 2009-11-254$7504.00 SECURED BOND SET 2009-11-255AFFIDAVIT FOR CRIMINAL INDIGENT STATUS 2009-11-256APPLICATION AND ORDER APPOINTING PUBLIC DEFENDER 2009-11-257FELONY WARRANT RETURNED EXECUTED 2009-11-308$7500.00 A-1-24 HOUR CITY BEST BAIL BONDS-#2236011 2009-11-308AMERICAN BANKERS INSURANCE COMPANY OF FL (11/25/2009) 2010-01-219INFORMATION 2010-01-219DOCTOR SHOPPING (WITHHOLDING INFORMATION FROM 2010-01-219 PRACTITIONER) 2010-01-2610NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (02-18-2010) 2010-01-2611NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (02-18-2010)

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

Holy whatever! on Aug 5, 2009, misty filed a complaint against her mother. Good Grief! The lengths she goes to protect rc..amazing.

Holy whatever! on Aug 5, 2009, misty filed a complaint against her mother. Good Grief! The lengths she goes to protect rc..amazing.

I think, Misty "replaced" her parents with RC. He was older, had a ready made family, and she was an adult in his eyes, could have fun and sex with him, and was a "wifey" and a babysitter all in one. She thrust herself into his family situation and thought it would work? But the wanderlust of being a teen was there. I'm sure she felt resentful about being a "mother" to Jr and Haleigh. She could do it sometimes, just not all the time. She was robbed of her own childhood, so the cycle continued. His children became invisible in a way, much like she was with her parents.

I am rambling.......LOL. Trying to make some kind of sense for all of this.

The jails are full of drop outs and people who can't "read'...........not an excuse.

I could be wrong, but if Florida has a mandatory minimum of 25 years, then I don't think even the judge can change that. The only way I can see Misty getting less if is her lawyer files for youthful offender and first time offense-that may cut her a break.
On the 25 year mandatory minimum, I believe that the only way that can be reduced is if the prosecutor puts in a recommendation for it. IMO, someone would have to give up information regarding Haleigh, for that to happen.

It's hard to tell how much time they will get. Tommy is in trouble for more then the dealing. I think he was only caught dealing one time wasn't he? He will probably do some time for the robbery and what ever else he is in trouble for. I think Misty was caught the most times so she may do a few years. I think Ron was caught twice wasn't he? I doubt that he will do much time. The cousin was only caught once I think so she may get time served and probation. Donna will probably get the same thing although she has admitted giving a bottle of pills to Misty to sell. I don't look for any of them to do much time though. I may be in for a surprise. LE might suspect that they had been dealing for awhile but unless they were caught it doesn't mean a thing in court.

It will be interesting to see what Misty's dad gets for doctor shopping and what her mother gets for whatever she was arrested for...checks? Good grief, all of the family is in trouble with the law except Timmy. They may all end up in jail at the same time. I guess they will all have a place to live and three meals a day anyway. That's pretty pitiful though.

I wonder if Lindsey bought some gro's for those kids or if she did what Tommy told her to do and saved all of the money for his bond!!! I hope her dad isn't buying her gro's while she saves her money for Tommy's bond! I don't understand why she didn't get upset when he told her to do that. My hair would have stood on end. Does anyone in this crowd put their kids first?
Lindsey just kind of chuckled. What a strange dynamic between those 2. It makes mr wonder if she knows HOW to put her children 1st. Personally, just for that, I'd like to see Tommy do some time. Maybe he'd learn a few priorities, while in prison.

In criminal law, entrapment is when a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit an offense which the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit.[1] In many jurisdictions, entrapment is a possible defense against criminal liability.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrapment

I fear that if they get off of these charges than we will never no what happened to Haleigh. I doubt any of them are stupid enough to get in trouble like this again. So this may be the only shot at breaking the players here. So I want to discuss possible ways that they COULD get out this.

I already see this as their defense. Misty was practically screaming this in the jailhouse tape, that the UA kept harassing her to get him some and she finally did. That he approached her not her approaching him.
Now Entrapment states that the person would not have committed the illegal act if LE had not caused them to.

Butterfly, thanks for bringing up this topic.
Entrapment is a great possibility for these characters. However, these tapes are gangbusters! If a jury listens and watches carefully, they will see that Misty is quite involved. She's scheming and planning the actual transfer of the drugs for money. It seems to me, that it was Ron's plan on how to pass the drugs in the bathroom set up. He also shows a willingness when he speaks of future plans of dealing and what he's going to do with the drugs. He does this without prompting from the UC.

Ron has 5 very serious felonies he is facing. I don't understand why you don't think they will be treated seriously and dealt with harshly. These pills are a very serious problem in FL.

http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=758544&IMG=49930

We have heard from day one almost that Ron dealt in drugs. People even told Geraldo that. I am sure LE has a list of people that would swear Ron at least was a dealer before but I really doubt they will need that because I bet the UC cop asked Ron if he had any dealing experience before he fronted the 200 pills to him.

I'm not sure how much time each player will serve, just guessing: Misty might serve 6-12 years. Hope will probably get off pretty easy, unless she's on probation. Tommy 3 years, Donna 1 year, and no telling about Ronald. He seems to get away with a lot.

who sells drugs with, and calls their EX husband HONEY?????
Let's see-- they sell drugs together, sleep together, she goes to his tree cutting job with him, they can both be reached on the same cell phone, she calls him "Baby" and gets his name tattooed on her behind. They were only married a short time and have no kids together, yet she kept his last name. Hmm.... Talk about a friendly divorce!!

Maybe Ronald thought if he divorced her people would quit focusing on him about Haleigh. He got relaxed and careless about his drug dealing, and continued on with Misty, and figured nobody would notice. Not too bright. :puddle:

He only married her to avoid stat rape charges. Didn't want the cops all up in his business, as he was doing other illegal stuff too. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back