Will the real TH please stand up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm sure you're right that the predators and other clever criminals use knowledge of the victim's favorite things and places to entice the victim but I think it might quite often be used in the phase when they have to coax the child away from his caretakers or wherever he was playing, or when the plan is just to sexually exploit the child and let him return home, trying to make sure they get access to him again.

I think that the people who plan to kill or to "stash" the child might not bother with actually making good on their promises after they get the child in their car, apartment etc. It might very well turn out that going to that favorite place was just a ruse and never their plan at all.

Many children's favorite places are quite busy and it is IMO unlikely that a kidnapped child is being kept alive or a body is hidden in some of them. We won't find Kyron in Disneyland or his favorite restaurant IMO even if he loved to go there.

bbm

There are tons of stories about predators using Disneyland/World to groom a child and/or the friends of the child. moo

I'm going to keep this at a common sense level. Kyron disappeared from school. I wish I knew the places around the area Kyron was comfortable visiting. If I were on a picnic, hiking, or celebrating a holiday, my eyes would be wide open for the possibilities. moo mho

Has there ever been confirmation of or additional information about the "cool electricity project" that Kyron wanted to see on the day of the Science Fair? Where was said project located? Was it among the student entries in the Science Fair, or was Kyron referring to something that was not in Skyline School or in an area of the school that is not accessible to students that Terri (or someone else) had promised to show him? There was mention of this "electricity project" early on in the case, but, to the best of my knowledge, nothing ever came of it.

[/B]

bbm

There are tons of stories about predators using Disneyland/World to groom a child and/or the friends of the child. moo

I'm going to keep this at a common sense level. Kyron disappeared from school. I wish I knew the places around the area Kyron was comfortable visiting. If I were on a picnic, hiking, or celebrating a holiday, my eyes would be wide open for the possibilities. moo mho

bbm.

I never disagreed about that. It's the ultimate grooming place. I used it just as an example of a favorite place he might have loved (which child doesn't?) and which might have been used to entice him but which knowing about probably wouldn't help finding him. His body would have been found there by now, and I don't think that's such a great place to hide a kidnapped child for several months. This crime went beyond grooming, and after all this time knowing a child's favorite places might not help much in finding him unless they're also suitable for hiding a body or a child. But I'm pretty sure that LE asked the family about places like that in the beginning and the searchers took a look at the most likely ones. IIRC Kaine mentioned he suggested searching some stables they'd been to and said that they liked to go to some areas on Sauvie Island when he was asked why the island was searched.

More on topic, a quote from the opening post:
In the Part 2, KATU Interview here, the reporter asks both Kaine and Desiree whether or not they should have seen "this" coming?

snipped:
Desiree: "We've asked ourselves that a lot".

Kaine: "I don't think it's just us. There's tons of people around us that are completely shocked. I've had parents come tell me, 'I can't believe I had my child over at your house....knowing the type of person that we're seeing now.....I can't believe that I ever trusted her to bring my children over' .

Kaine goes on to say: "So, it's not just us who were.....well, say.....fooled as to what was going on. There's a lot of people out there who had no idea."

Reading the statement I get the impression that the point is not to imply that the other parents know anything beyond what we all know from the media but to say that KH and DY weren't the only ones who got fooled by TH's good side. Some of the other parents may have had just a superficial acquaintance with her and they might not really know her much so if her family could be clueless it would be easy in casual encounters to not know which way is up and which way is down.

Basically it just sounds like the polite, normal, expected thing to say, IMO. I mean, if you meet a devastated father who's just been on tv saying he never had any idea that his wife would make his son disappear, few people might start arguing with him face to face, saying how much they value his wife and they don't believe a word of his accusations. And I think I wouldn't say I always knew she was a bad seed either because of all these bad things she did. I'd be afraid it would sound like I'm blaming him for not being more vigilant and taking steps to remove her from their lives. Instead, "How horrible for you, I'm so sorry, I never had any idea she could do something like that" would be pretty safe and unoffensive.

I guess what I don't get is what exactly is he referring to that other people were SHOCKED was going on? WHAT WAS going on BEFORE Kyron disappeared (when their children would have been at his home) and how would they know? Or is he just speaking of the MFHP? And that could be, but it just sounds like there's a whole lot more to his statements. Or at least to me it sounds like he's implying a whole lot more went on well before Kyron disappeared.

His answers seem to imply that many parents (probably not tons) have contacted him and said they wouldn't bring their children around Terri anymore, even though they had before and were trusting of her, because she had been doing something terrible that might impact their children. I dunno, I just wonder. Frankly, I hope he is only talking about the MFHP, because I don't want to think about what else there might be. But if it's the MFHP, then I'm guessing that all these tons of people who've contacted him believe the MFHP was real, even though she's not yet been charged with that crime.

I dunno, more confusion for me. :waitasec:

The more I read on these comments from other parents the more ominous the disappearance of Kyron becomes. Does anyone think it may be time to push the screws on TH& co.???? Three months of a child missing is like eternity , too much to take!.

I guess what I don't get is what exactly is he referring to that other people were SHOCKED was going on? WHAT WAS going on BEFORE Kyron disappeared (when their children would have been at his home) and how would they know? Or is he just speaking of the MFHP? And that could be, but it just sounds like there's a whole lot more to his statements. Or at least to me it sounds like he's implying a whole lot more went on well before Kyron disappeared.

His answers seem to imply that many parents (probably not tons) have contacted him and said they wouldn't bring their children around Terri anymore, even though they had before and were trusting of her, because she had been doing something terrible that might impact their children. I dunno, I just wonder. Frankly, I hope he is only talking about the MFHP, because I don't want to think about what else there might be. But if it's the MFHP, then I'm guessing that all these tons of people who've contacted him believe the MFHP was real, even though she's not yet been charged with that crime.

Billylee-I don't think the other parents know all that Kaine has discovered...but I think what they have learned is shocking enough. And some friends knew little pieces that Kaine and others did not know--such as the couple who said their liquor was missing after Terri came to visit. But, given the large number of agencies involved in this investigation, I think Terri or the people who helped her were up to no good in other ways that we have not yet discovered, but LE knows about.

I think the grand jury is learning about some of those things right now. I also think those other people who helped her are dangerous, and that is why she is not telling what she knows.

BBM

You asked the same question I asked myself after seeing the interview. It sounded like it was attached to something sexual in nature. Kaine implied Terri manipulates people in a sexual way. It could be the MFH plot but I got the feeling it was something else of a smutty nature, and these other people were manipulated into position by Terri. To help her do something to Kyron?

I know I am getting uncomfortable trying to follow this case for so long hearing all kinds of hints about this woman and her friends, and at some point would like the case to take a more official tone. These rumors are interesting, but where's Kyron?

I think the grand jury is learning about some of those things right now. I also think those other people who helped her are dangerous, and that is why she is not telling what she knows.

SBM

I had never thought of that before!

It does remind me of a case in my state, about 25 years ago. A couple was in the process of divorcing and the husband moved back in with his parents. Several months later, a masked gunman broke into the parents' home, tied them up, waited for the son to come home and killed him execution style right in front of his parents.

LE finally arrested the wife, whose mistake had been to ask someone else to murder her soon-to-be-ex before he could remove her as beneficiary to his life insurance policy. That person thought she was joking at the time but after he was killed, finally went to LE with his suspicions.

The wife eventually pled guilty. She admitted she'd found a pro hit man but she refused to say how she found him, who her contact was or what any of their names were (there was speculation she may not have known the actual gunman's name). Even though the prosecution was willing to recommend a huge reduction in sentencing to the judge, she still was too terrified to talk.

I don't remember exactly what she was convicted of but her sentence was something like 80+ years. Even with the prospect of spending 40+ years in prison (assuming time off for good behaviour), she was too scared to talk.

Another of my mama's sayings seems appropriate here: if you dance with the devil, don't complain when you get burned.

Has there ever been confirmation of or additional information about the "cool electricity project" that Kyron wanted to see on the day of the Science Fair? Where was said project located? Was it among the student entries in the Science Fair, or was Kyron referring to something that was not in Skyline School or in an area of the school that is not accessible to students that Terri (or someone else) had promised to show him? There was mention of this "electricity project" early on in the case, but, to the best of my knowledge, nothing ever came of it.

Miss Bette, I appreciate your bringing up this topic again. I wonder the same thing. Why has the cool electrical project not been brought up again?

Wasn't it TP who first mentioned it? If so, why is his recollection of that morning being seemingly ignored or discounted (including what he said he heard the teacher say when Ky was noticed missing by the other adult)?

Why does it appear that there has been an attempt to make TP's account of what he saw & heard irrelevant or unreliable?

Matt Shelby attempted to summarily dismiss everything TP said by saying there were no substitute teachers on campus that day. But what about the teacher's comments to the other adult (who TP referred to as the sub) to "Calm down calm down, he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water." IMO, it makes no difference whether or not TP thought the other adult was a sub or not. IMO, what matters is the conversation TP claims he overheard between the teacher & the other adult. What matters is what TP heard Kyron say to him as he passed him in the hallway - "I'm going to see this cool one - it's electric."

And what about 7th grader TK's statement to the media where he said he saw Kyron in the gym "with his friends" and "he seemed happy"?

I'm sorry, but when it seems that the public is expected to pay no attention to these bits, after they've been highlighted in the media, I can't help but feel that I'm being asked to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" - without a reasonable explanation.

The same goes for the timeframe in which it was first reported that DS was unaccounted for on the morning of June 4th. For weeks it was reported as 1 hour 15-30 min. Then, suddenly, it changed to 3+ hours - with no explanation whatsoever. :waitasec:

If the public is given info (and is expected to trust that info) and if that info changes, there needs to be a reasonable explanation.

The other parents couldn't know much more than the general public does, but there has been enough said to make some parents wonder. I know I wouldn't want my kids around a parent who forced the teacher to do a daily behavior report for only one child and then made him stay in his room the entire rest of the day just for being inattentive or not getting the very best report. That alone would be enough for me without even knowing about the MFH alleged plot. Sexting wouldn't bother me unless it was said they did it around children though. It's a little confusing about the sexual manipulation, because if they all knew that Terri was this way then they had to know that she could have a personality disorder. Kaine has said that he hasn't read all the emails, so he must have known long ago that Terri has this "problem". My question is if they all knew, why was Terri allowed to have total control of Kyron's discipline, education, and health care even after he showed signs of being so unhappy with the sobbing, sleeping for hours, not getting out of bed til called, wanting to live with his Mom, etc.?

It is interesting in many ways to try to find the real TH. Terri was adopted as a child. I wonder how old she was & what her biological background was. Terri's relationship with her adoptive parents seems good.However I think her adoptive mother tends to present a fairy tale front& her father calls a spade ...a spade. TH relationships in her three marriages seems to bring out the confusion in TH's mind as to what she can& cannot expect with her complex affairs & expectations for her children(the 2nd DH adopting & supporting & being hauled into court for child support ,for support of the child by the first DH!!!) I think she many see things thru a different lens than people with less demanding personalities

Someone sexting another man while their step child is missing doesn't sound too in control to make other good sound decisions of when to do it. She didn't all of a sudden get weird, IMO. The MFH plot was 6-7 mos before Kyron went missing. It may be she was doing all kinds of acting out in the meantime. She needed help so it was time for some (sexual) manipulations of other people?

citigirl, it is an angle to look at that TMH is not talking because there's dangerous people she "worked" with. Can't fault the other parents for being shocked, "And I let my child go over to their house!"

This is just terrible that school is starting up again, and Kyron's birthday is coming up this week, and we all wanted him to be found alive and come home.

I don't know why the students statements were nipped early on. I thought they wanted to keep the facts straight in this case, but it's an insult to give me selective news from the media and even LE. What about that electric project - why nip that?

Pray that Kaine and Desiree can keep their strength. This coming week will be harder for them. Really sad.

I guess I think that maybe the reason "tons" of people can't believe Terri would do something to Kyron is because maybe she didn't. Maybe the real Terri Horman is exactly who those "tons" of people thought she was. Yeah, maybe she was sexually promiscuous outside of her marriage, but that doesn't mean she's a criminal. And at this point, the MFH is alleged, not a fact (at least in my mind).. something that she hasn't been charged with, which makes me question whether it actually occurred and therefore I am not condemning her for that (at this point in time).

Perhaps.... just maybe.... there's a chance the Terri people trusted their children with is exactly the person they thought she was (albeit with some skeletons in her closet, but who amongst us doesn't have a few)? Maybe she didn't abduct Kyron after all.

Just tossing that out there.

Kaine said that people had told him that booze was missing from houses they had visited. That's one example.

If you know someone that has a yuck spouse, do you go run and tell that person stuff about the spouse?

I doubt it. But now people are talking about what they knew before this happened.

I bet lots of people have bits of info. Things they have wondered about or saw, and it's coming out now.

Kaine said that people had told him that booze was missing from houses they had visited. That's one example.

If you know someone that has a yuck spouse, do you go run and tell that person stuff about the spouse?

I doubt it. But now people are talking about what they knew before this happened.

I bet lots of people have bits of info. Things they have wondered about or saw, and it's coming out now.

Just to make sure I'm understanding...

Kaine said people have told him that booze was missing from their houses after Kaine and TH had visited, prior to Kyron missing?

IMO, you can live with someone and not truely know them.
The person can live 2 entirely different lives.
I think that Kaine was happy in his bubble, never paid attention.
TH on the other side was miserable with her marriage (MFH)
TH Had secret friends (DD & Landscapers)
TH Had another life while Kaine worked.
It happens.
People don't tell the spouse about bad stuff (like affair) ubtil they know the marriage is over..........seems the truth about TH is coming out now. JMOO

Just to make sure I'm understanding...

Kaine said people have told him that booze was missing from their houses after Kaine and TH had visited, prior to Kyron missing?

That is the way I understood it....that he wasn't given this info until after Kyron disappeared and questions were raised about TH.

Kaine said that Terri would want him to send Kyron to his room; I don't think it was ever stated by Kaine that Kyron was actually made to go to his room.

I had to giggle when I read the title of the thread... I remember my kids listening to that song...over and over and...you get the message...:crazy:

Unfortunately, I doubt that Terri will ever stand up at this point... I wish things would have been different in the beginning... I wish that the RO and divorce didn't happen that quickly, and the botched sting on the MFH plot either... I wish they would have laid low and got more info out of Terri... Let her slip up some more, see who whe was contacting, etc...

I am in no way bashing KH or DY, but when they came out, and threatened law suits on DeDe, I think that did tremendous damage on anyone coming up front with info in the case.. but this is my opinion only....:angel:

Happy Labor Day to Everyone.....:) :)

[/B]

bbm

The problem with enticing Kyron is difficult considering his personality. Kaine stated that Kyron was shy, obeyed the rules, didn't wander off, didn't get up in the morning to go watch cartoons or eat cereal - he stayed in his bed until someone came and got him. Can you imagine that kind of child being enticed away from school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels