Will the real TH please stand up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone sexting another man while their step child is missing doesn't sound too in control to make other good sound decisions of when to do it. She didn't all of a sudden get weird, IMO. The MFH plot was 6-7 mos before Kyron went missing. It may be she was doing all kinds of acting out in the meantime. She needed help so it was time for some (sexual) manipulations of other people?

citigirl, it is an angle to look at that TMH is not talking because there's dangerous people she "worked" with. Can't fault the other parents for being shocked, "And I let my child go over to their house!"

This is just terrible that school is starting up again, and Kyron's birthday is coming up this week, and we all wanted him to be found alive and come home.

I don't know why the students statements were nipped early on. I thought they wanted to keep the facts straight in this case, but it's an insult to give me selective news from the media and even LE. What about that electric project - why nip that?

Pray that Kaine and Desiree can keep their strength. This coming week will be harder for them. Really sad.
I think it goes much farther back beyond that; IMO baby may have been the catalyst, regardless if Terri suffered from PPD.

Maybe we should stop focusing so much on what happened the day Kyron went missing (and since).

The problem with enticing Kyron is difficult considering his personality. Kaine stated that Kyron was shy, obeyed the rules, didn't wander off, didn't get up in the morning to go watch cartoons or eat cereal - he stayed in his bed until someone came and got him. Can you imagine that kind of child being enticed away from school?

Kaine also said they'd been impressing upon Kyron that he would *mind* adults in school.

I guess I think that maybe the reason "tons" of people can't believe Terri would do something to Kyron is because maybe she didn't. Maybe the real Terri Horman is exactly who those "tons" of people thought she was. Yeah, maybe she was sexually promiscuous outside of her marriage, but that doesn't mean she's a criminal. And at this point, the MFH is alleged, not a fact (at least in my mind).. something that she hasn't been charged with, which makes me question whether it actually occurred and therefore I am not condemning her for that (at this point in time).

Perhaps.... just maybe.... there's a chance the Terri people trusted their children with is exactly the person they thought she was (albeit with some skeletons in her closet, but who amongst us doesn't have a few)? Maybe she didn't abduct Kyron after all.

Just tossing that out there.

I wonder what those "tons" of people are going to say if it turns out Terri didn't abduct Kyron?

Until someone pulls the sheet of the elephant or elephants in the room, this case isn't going far... JMO

There is alot that is not setting well with me..

-The family did not come out to speak with anyone for a week..
-Kaines letter to his fellow employees, not to speak to the media..
-Why not let outsiders willing to help for free, SAR, and volunteers on foot...
There's much more, but I won't say more... Just that there is something odd in my opinion..

With the reports of missing booze along with the previous DWI, there must be talk among the parents that Terri was drinking all the time. I guess it's possible for someone to drink a little all day long and hide it, but you'd think that Kaine would have noticed if Terri was an alcoholic and drinking a lot. Either the woman was very secretive and good at hiding things or she was alone with the kids most of the time.

I wonder what those "tons" of people are going to say if it turns out Terri didn't abduct Kyron?

I imagine them all huddled together shivering and saying, "My it's a cold day in HELL!"...

Sorry...I just couldn't resist! ;)

I feel very strongly that, in time, we will hear about many more of her "antics". I'm waiting patiently, but I'm almost afraid to find out what they know...and what we don't know.

Yes Blondie I too feel quite strongly that as this case continues to unfold there will be many many more of Terri's antics that are brought to the light of day for all to see just "who the REAL Terri Lynn Moulton Horman IS" AND quite honestly who she has ALWAYS BEEN[the real Terri just has been under the guise of a total facade].. I can understand ppl there in Portland that personally "know" her, have had a relationship with her[as a friend, a lover, or a spouse] I can understand these ppl being shocked at the disturbing traits, habits, and actions that have thus far come to light.
I cannot understand, however, those, like us who are not personally involved and are merely the "outside looking in" acting as if they are completely shocked and dismayed by what has/is coming to light about the REAL TERRI. IMO this is quite common when a sociopath, psychopath that has once been "caught"[so to speak]it is very common that once their "activities" they were involved in come to light it IS ALWAYS SHOCKING TO THOSE CLOSEST TO THEM to realize just who and what that particular person TRULY IS..

So, I am not shocked because this has become the "norm" of what we know[by following such criminal cases] but I AM SHOCKED that so many act as if they just cannot believe, and cannot fathom that this woman who from all outward appearances to be so "normal", so nice and kind, witty and "charming. How can this person who is/has been all these[just mentioned] and be capable of murdering her stepson and trying to hire someone to murder her husband? It is shocking to me that so many seem to be fooled by someone such as Terri's "outward appearances"..

I mean its the same thing with the monstrous pedophiles I was speaking about the other day.. Many of them, too from all "outward appearances" are every single thing mentioned above that Terri was "normal", kind, witty and "charming" but behind that facade is a true monster of our worst nightmares..

As scary as it seems, its true you often do not know who and what ppl such as Terri[sociopaths] and psychopaths, too, you just don't know what kind of evil is there right under that facade of normal little Suzy Homemaker..JMO

citigirl, it is an angle to look at that TMH is not talking because there's dangerous people she "worked" with.

I just can't think of any other good reason why she has clammed up. She's bound to have attracted some dangerous people when she went looking for someone to murder Kaine.

I imagine them all huddled together shivering and saying, "My it's a cold day in HELL!"...

Sorry...I just couldn't resist! ;)

I'll be right there with ya, mia...
8.gif

...I bet you a bundle of the splinters I have in my *advertiser censored* from sitting on the fence that is this circus that a large majority of these parents have sent their share of racy messages too someone who is not their spouse. I have a sneaking suspicion that more than one of these same parents have vented to a girlfriend during their morning coffee and cigarette about wishing their spouse would just [disappear].

(Snipped...) BBM

Your post did get my attention. I respect your right to your opinion, but, I, MOO, would be VERY surprised if "a large majority" of adults over the age of 35 who are married send racy messages and suggestive/nude photos to someone other than his/her spouse.

There are numerous things about TH that do not project a positive image IMO, but the above is one of the most striking. TH is the mother to a teenage son. Can you imagine the "pain and humiliation" that young man would (will) probably face if/when these pictures surface on the internet? An educated individual who doesn't "get" the layers of consequences of "putting it in writing" and sexting pictures of herself, is not someone I would want teaching my child.

Just 5 years ago, when she was old enough to know better, she endangered the life of the same son by driving under the influence at almost twice the legal limit. This conviction was a felony. I am sure that she did not renew her teaching license until this year, because the State of Oregon requires that candidates may not have a DUI within 5 years of application.

A Marion County, Ore. court spokeswoman explained that Terri Horman was sentenced to probation for 12 months along with a 90-day driver's license suspension. As part of her probation, she had to attend mandatory alcohol counseling programs and a victim impact statement session.http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/kyron-hor...d-explosive-court-documents/story?id=11050953

Additionally she has a terrible driving record. "In the records search, it was learned Kyron Horman's step-mom wracked up more in traffic violations before her DUI conviction. ABC reports TH had about nine traffic infractions, which included mostly speeding with one being she drove with an expired license - happening between the years of 1988 and 2004." http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/kyron-hor...d-explosive-court-documents/story?id=11050953

What this says to me is she has very little regard for "rules". TH does not seem to have regard for the safety, welfare, or anguish of others including those who love(loved) her. The early tickets could well have been youthful "indiscretions," but a woman who wants to be an educator should exhibit more self-control and better planning to avoid multiple speeding tickets. I'm surprised her license was not suspended and can't imagine how much her auto insurance would be with 7-8 speeding violations and a DUI.

Being married three times, especially in this day and age, is not a character condemnation. However, as other posters have noted, TH has some odd twists and turns in her marital relationships. No marriage lasted more than 4 years. Her average seems to be three years with a year for the divorce. She moved in with KH in 2002, DUI in 2005, marriage in 2007, and then the alleged plot to have him killed by late 2009. Money is an underlying motif whether it was a concern about inheritance, child support, life insurance, etc. in all three marriages.

IMO, TH was hyper-critical of KyH's teacher in various circumstances. (In emails she criticizes the lack of organization of the SF, the teacher is "hard of hearing" and it's the teacher's first year")...IMO she seems to be saying, "I, TH, could have done a better job." I have no idea why she brought the baby with her into KyH's class or would celebrate the baby's birthday in that classroom. Frankly, this would be a distraction in the learning environment and I question whether KyH would have found "sharing the spotlight" with his baby sister enjoyable.

I haven't heard many explanations for the downward spiral in TH's physical appearance since the birth of baby K. Looking at pictures of her shortly after the birth and in June and the most recent court appearance, the difference in weight, demeanor, and focus is striking. In fact compare the pictures of the June press conference and the court appearance. Certainly the first pictures of Desiree were not flattering either, but TH's picture at the time of June PC is, again MOO, shows a vastly different person.

Honestly, the TH I know is based on the public facts of her life. I do not "like" this TH. I have no idea what exculpatory or extenuating circumstances might influence her choices, but I certainly see a pattern of thoughtless, self-centered decisions, that have impacted the lives of those nearest to her.

I haven't even touched on the "hinky" story of her bio-son's move, the statements about the "state of her marriage" (KH VS TH versions), the secret drinking or drinking herself to sleep, the obsession with body building, etc

I am certainly not trained to diagnose or suggest possible mental issues. I can observe a pattern of behaviors that are either illegal and/or dangerous as well as harmful to others. MOO...

Tink56 - Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I was unaware as to the habitual nature of TH traffic violations.

Tink56, has someone in the family said that Terri drank herself to sleep or were you just giving an example of possible drinking problems?

Originally Posted by craftybatchy
...I bet you a bundle of the splinters I have in my *advertiser censored* from sitting on the fence that is this circus that a large majority of these parents have sent their share of racy messages too someone who is not their spouse. I have a sneaking suspicion that more than one of these same parents have vented to a girlfriend during their morning coffee and cigarette about wishing their spouse would just [disappear].

I'm sure you're right but IMO there could be a slight but significant difference between venting about your spouse to a close girlfriend who knows that you don't REALLY mean it seriously and would never think you actually meant to ask her to kill him for you and venting to a landscaper you just hired who gets the latter idea for some strange reason.

Tink56, has someone in the family said that Terri drank herself to sleep or were you just giving an example of possible drinking problems?

Linky:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

On July 10, 2005, she was pulled over by police on Interstate 5 near Woodburn just after 6 p.m. Given a breath test, she registered 0.15. Under Oregon law, it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent or more.

Terri pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment for driving under the influence with James, then 11, in the car. She paid a nearly $600 fine and completed a diversion program.

She later admitted to Kaine that she had been drinking behind his back to put herself to sleep.

On her Facebook page, she said 2005 marked a low point in her life.

Your post did get my attention. I respect your right to your opinion, but, I, MOO, would be VERY surprised if "a large majority" of adults over the age of 35 who are married send racy messages and suggestive/nude photos to someone other than his/her spouse.

There are numerous things about TH that do not project a positive image IMO, but the above is one of the most striking. TH is the mother to a teenage son. Can you imagine the "pain and humiliation" that young man would (will) probably face if/when these pictures surface on the internet? An educated individual who doesn't "get" the layers of consequences of "putting it in writing" and sexting pictures of herself, is not someone I would want teaching my child.

Just 5 years ago, when she was old enough to know better, she endangered the life of the same son by driving under the influence at almost twice the legal limit. This conviction was a felony. I am sure that she did not renew her teaching license until this year, because the State of Oregon requires that candidates may not have a DUI within 5 years of application.

Additionally she has a terrible driving record. "In the records search, it was learned Kyron Horman's step-mom wracked up more in traffic violations before her DUI conviction. ABC reports TH had about nine traffic infractions, which included mostly speeding with one being she drove with an expired license - happening between the years of 1988 and 2004." http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/kyron-hor...d-explosive-court-documents/story?id=11050953

What this says to me is she has very little regard for "rules". TH does not seem to have regard for the safety, welfare, or anguish of others including those who love(loved) her. The early tickets could well have been youthful "indiscretions," but a woman who wants to be an educator should exhibit more self-control and better planning to avoid multiple speeding tickets. I'm surprised her license was not suspended and can't imagine how much her auto insurance would be with 7-8 speeding violations and a DUI.
What violations / convictions has she had since the DUI?

Being married three times, especially in this day and age, is not a character condemnation. However, as other posters have noted, TH has some odd twists and turns in her marital relationships. No marriage lasted more than 4 years. Her average seems to be three years with a year for the divorce. She moved in with KH in 2002, DUI in 2005, marriage in 2007, and then the alleged plot to have him killed by late 2009. Money is an underlying motif whether it was a concern about inheritance, child support, life insurance, etc. in all three marriages.
The inheritance comment was a joke, IMO, although given the tone of the MIL's comments I'm not surprised she took it the way she did. Child support? The man adopted her son as his own child. He has an obligation to support the child. Life insurance? Could you elaborate on that one? Thanks.

IMO, TH was hyper-critical of KyH's teacher in various circumstances. (In emails she criticizes the lack of organization of the SF, the teacher is "hard of hearing" and it's the teacher's first year")...IMO she seems to be saying, "I, TH, could have done a better job." I have no idea why she brought the baby with her into KyH's class or would celebrate the baby's birthday in that classroom. Frankly, this would be a distraction in the learning environment and I question whether KyH would have found "sharing the spotlight" with his baby sister enjoyable.
I've seen no evidence that Kyron disliked "sharing the spotlight" with baby, or that there was any friction (beyond what one would expect) between the two of them.

I haven't heard many explanations for the downward spiral in TH's physical appearance since the birth of baby K. Looking at pictures of her shortly after the birth and in June and the most recent court appearance, the difference in weight, demeanor, and focus is striking. In fact compare the pictures of the June press conference and the court appearance. Certainly the first pictures of Desiree were not flattering either, but TH's picture at the time of June PC is, again MOO, shows a vastly different person.
I think considering the circumstances, all the parents looked pretty bad. I'm not seeing a great downward spiral in her appearance since baby, other than she appears heavier. Still looks the same to me otherwise.

Honestly, the TH I know is based on the public facts of her life. I do not "like" this TH. I have no idea what exculpatory or extenuating circumstances might influence her choices, but I certainly see a pattern of thoughtless, self-centered decisions, that have impacted the lives of those nearest to her.
Other than emails allegedly sent from her to *someone* (and those could well have been edited), I don't know of many 'public facts' that haven't been brought forward by the people who think she kidnapped their son. I take that with a grain of salt, knowing there would be (obvious) bias. Not that I blame them; I'd be biased as hell if it were me.

I haven't even touched on the "hinky" story of her bio-son's move, the statements about the "state of her marriage" (KH VS TH versions), the secret drinking or drinking herself to sleep, the obsession with body building, etc
What makes her son's move "hinky" is we've heard conflicting stories from more than one player in this case. But interestingly enough, the person the child lives with NOW corroborates her story.

Caine said this in a press conference.

Originally Posted By Tink56

Calliope's response to Tink56

I've seen no evidence that Kyron disliked "sharing the spotlight" with baby, or that there was any friction (beyond what one would expect) between the two of them.

This is unusual any way you slice it. Who takes a much younger sibling[NOT even near school age] and has a birthday celebration for the much younger sibling in the older siblings elementary school classroom? I'd say any sibling would be "put off"[to say the least] and I'd add that the older sibling would also feel quite embarrassed at his baby sister having a birthday party in his school class. It's inappropriate on so very many different levels, main one being it WOULD DEFINITELY be a huge distraction from the learning environment of a second grade classroom.

Tink, I agree with you on the various well thought out with full explanations of some of the very many inappropriate behaviours/actions exhibited by Terri and the one that I commented on above just further shows Terri's complete lack of care for anyone rather only sees what she wants, when she wants it, where she wants it, and exactly how she wants it. PPls opinions, they're having been "put out" or made uncomfortable MATTERS NOT IN THE LEAST TO TERRI[just as was with the book cases with books being ruined by Terri having put them out in the rain]she saw nothing in the least bit wrong or inappropriate about that just as she doesn't with having brought her toddler and imposed a toddlers birthday party on her older stepson and his teacher and Ms. Porter's second grade class, ALL DONE BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT TERRI WANTED... AND TO HELL WITH THE REST! [IMO that seems to be her MO with everything in her life]

Calliope's response to Tink56

This is unusual any way you slice it. Who takes a much younger sibling[NOT even near school age] and has a birthday celebration for the much younger sibling in the older siblings elementary school classroom? I'd say any sibling would be "put off"[to say the least] and I'd add that the older sibling would also feel quite embarrassed at his baby sister having a birthday party in his school class. It's inappropriate on so very many different levels, main one being it WOULD DEFINITELY be a huge distraction from the learning environment of a second grade classroom.*snip*

lol @ inappropriate ....

It appears that baby came with Terri other times when Terri helped out in class. Who's to say the other kids didn't like her, even if her *older sibling* did not want her there? For all we know, they 'adopted' her, a class mascot if you will lol.

There's no evidence that Kyron was embarrassed of his sister. I don't know of too many 7-8 year olds who'd pass up the chance of a class party, no matter what the occasion. And I trust if it was a 'huge distraction' and negatively impacted the learning environment, teacher and school staff would have forbidden her to be there.

Like the Oregonian article about the contradictions seen in Terri, Kaine himself seems to have become totally surprised and overwhelmed at some of the things he has found out about Terri and some kind of behavior she's been partaking in behind his back. I don't know what that behavior(s) is, other than what we've heard about the alleged MFHP. In the Part 2, KATU Interview here, the reporter asks both Kaine and Desiree whether or not they should have seen "this" coming?

snipped:
Desiree: "We've asked ourselves that a lot".

Kaine: "I don't think it's just us. There's tons of people around us that are completely shocked. I've had parents come tell me, 'I can't believe I had my child over at your house....knowing the type of person that we're seeing now.....I can't believe that I ever trusted her to bring my children over' .

Kaine goes on to say: "So, it's not just us who were.....well, say.....fooled as to what was going on. There's a lot of people out there who had no idea."

http://www.katu.com/home/video/101702718.html

This sounds like they've (LE) uncovered something more than just the MFHP. Anyone figure out what Kaine might be referring to here, where a parent might say something like that to him. And if a parent did say something (or TONS of parents said something), why do they know about whatever TH was doing and how did they find out? By asking questions of their own children?

What do you guys make of this statement? I can't make up my mind if he's talking about the sexting and just exaggerating on what other parents may have said, or if there is horribly strong concern from other parents that TH may have had opportunity/cause to harm their own children.

I didn't find the conversation confusing at all. I listened a couple more times to see if I was missing anything, and I don't think I was.

Kaine says he'd had parents "come to me" and say what's above. That tells me the parents heard or read stuff - I'd assume in the news - and then, after hearing or reading this stuff, go to him and express their surprise because Terri had never seemed to be the way she was being portrayed.

I was glad to hear that there are "tons" of people who thought highly of Terri, including trusting her with their children. I felt a sense of some relief, some assurance, that Terri wouldn't harm a child, that she wouldn't harm Kyron, at least not physically. It helped me maintain my hope that, if Terri was involved in his disappearance, Kyron is alive somewhere.

I've just read quickly over this thread, and there's one thing I don't see mentioned:

Just who is the Terri who won't challenge a restraining order that keeps her away from her own child for at least a year?

How does this Terri fit in with the wonderful stepmother/mother who other parents trusted with their children...and who certainly would not harm Kyron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike