Will there be any spinoff trials from this one? MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL

Will there be any spinoff trials from this one and if so who will be involved and why

• Total voters
I think at the least the JAC is going to want some of their money back for investigation fees for people that were known to not exist, for a crime/accident that never occurred.

Not to mention claiming the need for and using TAX PAYER FUNDS under false pretenses. Sounds like a CRIME has been commited to me...jmo

Firstly an introduction might be polite :giggle:

:seeya: Hi all, I've just graduated from lurker to member of this great space. Since my time zone is different I have to stay up all night to watch this trial live, and I have little idea of many of the tv shows or personalities that you can all discuss, but I'd like to be here to add my :twocents: now and again, if thats okay.

Like others, I think JB could be on shakey ground after this trial ends, so I could see some litigation against him happening, but I don't see a trial looming for anyone else.

Just my :twocents:

Dane

It is a shame that, unfortunately, JB cannot be sued for what he says in court in his defense of KC. However, if there were EVER a case that screamed for some type of change in the law, this is it! It is beyond belief to think that an attorney can do what he has done and there be no ramifications from it. I would love to hear from someone if they know of another instance where an attorney has made such horrible claims against other people with no evidence to back it up. After all, JB did not say that it was POSSIBLE that GA sexually abused KB, he said he DID IT! He didn't say that GA COULD HAVE found Caylee, he said he DID! He didn't say that RK might have moved the body, he said he DID move it! These are claims that will haunt these two men for the rest of their lives. JB should NOT be allowed to make these statements without having to prove they are true. It just boggles the mind that he can do this and get away with it. IMO, if they do not do something about the way he has handled this case, they will be opening the door for other attorneys to take the "Baez" way in court and just slander innocent people to create doubt. Moo, of course.

We have to remember, though... he can always say this is what Casey told him some time back, and that he believes her. I'm sure that if one wanted to google some other cases, they could find ones where both defense and prosecution have said things just as bad, so I don't think he will be disbarred for his OS... however, he should be careful from here on out to show more respect for the judge. I think JP is beginning to lose his patience with him, when he keeps asking a question after the objection has been sustained, and for blatantly telling JP that he thinks he was wrong for not allowing that line of questioning. I'm surprised he hasn't been fined with contempt of court.

As for the A's, I don't think the state is going to go after them for obstruction. After all, Casey is their daughter and they really believed at the time that she was being railroaded. They believed the kidnapping story, and Cindy said she didn't stop looking for Zanny till 6 weeks ago. I believe the state knows that they have been through their worst nightmare and that losing Caylee was bad enough, now realizing their daughter could get the DP will make it worse. I really don't believe they would add to their grief. Everything they did can be explained if you really think about it. And people say a lot of crazy things when they're going through something like that. I might be a whole lot worse if it was my child and grandchild.

The others I don't know about and don't really care.

It is a shame that, unfortunately, JB cannot be sued for what he says in court in his defense of KC. However, if there were EVER a case that screamed for some type of change in the law, this is it! It is beyond belief to think that an attorney can do what he has done and there be no ramifications from it. I would love to hear from someone if they know of another instance where an attorney has made such horrible claims against other people with no evidence to back it up. After all, JB did not say that it was POSSIBLE that GA sexually abused KB, he said he DID IT! He didn't say that GA COULD HAVE found Caylee, he said he DID! He didn't say that RK might have moved the body, he said he DID move it! These are claims that will haunt these two men for the rest of their lives. JB should NOT be allowed to make these statements without having to prove they are true. It just boggles the mind that he can do this and get away with it. IMO, if they do not do something about the way he has handled this case, they will be opening the door for other attorneys to take the "Baez" way in court and just slander innocent people to create doubt. Moo, of course.

But Jose is the mouthpiece for Casey...so technically Casey told him that and was speaking on her behalf, I believe. He is not the one accusing them, she is. On her behalf, because as we know, she does not have to say a word.

I saw one case where a mother on trial for killing her husband had her lawyer try to implicate her daughter. It did not work, but the lawyer was never sued to my knowledge. I do believe a lawyer can say anything if his client told him the information/accusation and he had no knowledge it was NOT true.

Well TES should file a suit for sure against the A's. Then I wonder how many former atty's may be sued. I have never seen so many talk after being on a case, before the trial. IMO

:seeya: Hi all, I've just graduated from lurker to member of this great space. Since my time zone is different I have to stay up all night to watch this trial live, and I have little idea of many of the tv shows or personalities that you can all discuss, but I'd like to be here to add my :twocents: now and again, if thats okay.

Like others, I think JB could be on shakey ground after this trial ends, so I could see some litigation against him happening, but I don't see a trial looming for anyone else.

Dane[/QUOTe Welcome to the show. Hop on the CAsey bus.:woohoo::woohoo:

We have to remember, though... he can always say this is what Casey told him some time back, and that he believes her. I'm sure that if one wanted to google some other cases, they could find ones where both defense and prosecution have said things just as bad, so I don't think he will be disbarred for his OS... however, he should be careful from here on out to show more respect for the judge. I think JP is beginning to lose his patience with him, when he keeps asking a question after the objection has been sustained, and for blatantly telling JP that he thinks he was wrong for not allowing that line of questioning. I'm surprised he hasn't been fined with contempt of court.

As for the A's, I don't think the state is going to go after them for obstruction. After all, Casey is their daughter and they really believed at the time that she was being railroaded. They believed the kidnapping story, and Cindy said she didn't stop looking for Zanny till 6 weeks ago. I believe the state knows that they have been through their worst nightmare and that losing Caylee was bad enough, now realizing their daughter could get the DP will make it worse. I really don't believe they would add to their grief. Everything they did can be explained if you really think about it. And people say a lot of crazy things when they're going through something like that. I might be a whole lot worse if it was my child and grandchild.

The others I don't know about and don't really care.

BBM

Boy! Ain't that the truth! I was able to see some of the trial this morning and HHJP definately seems to be fed up with JB. HHJP has held JB's hand and helped him along this whole time, and JB has continually pushed the limits and made veiled threats of appeals and overturned decisions. I can absolutely see HHJP's patience wearing very thin! I just hope I get to see it when he explodes! :fuse: Lol! :great:

I agree totally, I've been fuming to think an Officer of the court can slander, out right lie and say and do all the things he's done. There is great need for a law to prevent this type of thing from ever happening again. People can NOT recover their reputations, it's all over the World. Can't unring this bell. :banghead:

I think the state might go after Jose for passing the notes.

At this point and time I don't think they will go after anyone else because if it has to be retried you don't want a bunch of convicted felons testifying. Now if someone does something really bad during the trial you could see charges.

I've always felt that Cindy was looking at possible charges of tampering with evidence and obstruction of justice.

Cindy cleaned out the car and washed items that were in the car. It's not known if she discarded anything she found in the car. From the beginning, Cindy tried to steer the investigation away from her daughter by promoting Casey's lie that the nanny had kidnapped Caylee.

But, the one thing that I think most borders on obstruction of justice is Cindy's statement to Yuri Melich in Dec. 2008, after Caylee's remains were found, when she said "I sent someone to search there (the remains site) a month ago and nothing was there." We know that Dominic Casey was working for the Anthonys and was searching the woods off of Suburban Dr. in Nov. 2008. I think Cindy knew the general area where Caylee's remains were and was not cooperating with LE by giving them that information.

I think Jose has left himself open to lawsuits from a number of people.

I think there will be a suit against Padilla by the Anthony's and there might be charges filed someday if the mistress/stolen money story ever comes out as being a scam or set up.

I do not mean to offend anyone here but here are my thoughts:

I still think the Anthony's should be held accountable for what they did. I just cannot forget about all of it.
I did feel for CA when she testified but at the same time I just could not get over the things she said and did. The way she greived on the stand is what I would have liked to have seen for the past 3 years. Do you know what I mean? The day Caylee's remains were found where was G and C Anthony? They were in California for LKL. Why didn't they stay in their house and call LE when they had protesters? Why did they treat so many good people so ugly (Tim Miller comes to my mind) when all they wanted to do was find Caylee? It just feels eerie to me the way they've done an about face now that they found out that their own daughter was pushing GA under the bus. I wish I knew how to organize my thoughts in order to express what horrible feelings I'm having about all of this. This trial is for the murder of an almost 3 year old Caylee at the hands of ICA.
Where has Caylee been for the last 3 years to them?

Dane

Welcome!

Why are we calling victims' rights advocates "emus"?

Who said the emu would have exculpatory evidence for Casey? It might be a bombshell the prosecution can use.

IMO, if the state has enough evidence on obstruction of justice against anyone they should put them on trial. Failure to do so may show others they won't risk jail time if they do the same.

:rocker::rocker: I totally agree !

I still think the Anthony's should be held accountable for what they did. I just cannot forget about all of it.
I did feel for CA when she testified but at the same time I just could not get over the things she said and did. The way she greived on the stand is what I would have liked to have seen for the past 3 years. Do you know what I mean? The day Caylee's remains were found where was G and C Anthony? They were in California for LKL. Why didn't they stay in their house and call LE when they had protesters? Why did they treat so many good people so ugly (Tim Miller comes to my mind) when all they wanted to do was find Caylee? I just feels eerie to me the way they've done an about face now that they found out that their own daughter was pushing GA under the bus. I wish I knew how to organize my thoughts in order to express what horrible feelings I'm having about all of this. This trial is for the murder of an almost 3 year old Caylee at the hands of ICA.

:rocker::rocker: I totally agree !!

I think at the least the JAC is going to want some of their money back for investigation fees for people that were known to not exist, for a crime/accident that never occurred.

Not to mention claiming the need for and using TAX PAYER FUNDS under false pretenses. Sounds like a CRIME has been commited to me...jmo

I have a silly question- What does JAC stand for????

I did feel for CA when she testified but at the same time I just could not get over the things she said and did. The way she greived on the stand is what I would have liked to have seen for the past 3 years. Do you know what I mean? The day Caylee's remains were found where was G and C Anthony? They were in California for LKL. Why didn't they stay in their house and call LE when they had protesters? Why did they treat so many good people so ugly (Tim Miller comes to my mind) when all they wanted to do was find Caylee? It just feels eerie to me the way they've done an about face now that they found out that their own daughter was pushing GA under the bus. I wish I knew how to organize my thoughts in order to express what horrible feelings I'm having about all of this. This trial is for the murder of an almost 3 year old Caylee at the hands of ICA.

I agree with you, wonders.

I can understand feeling compassion for a grandmother, grandfather, and uncle who have lost a very loved granddaughter and neice, but I cannot and will not forget all they have done. IMO, it was almost as if they knew all the while that they had lost Caylee and did not want to lose Casey also, so they did whatever they could to defend Casey and not stand with Caylee.

I do think Cindys' grief on the witness stand was two-fold. Her tears for Caylee were real, but she was also crying for Casey as well.

Cindy, George, and Lee know they have to stick with their sworn depositions in this trial. I still do not give any of them a pass on their past actions. It has been some time ago, but many here felt that Cindy, George, and Lee should be charged with Obstruction. I thought so then, and I think so now. I know it will not happen, though.

:twocents:

I don't think there will be any spinoff trials. IIRC the Anthony family was given immunity if they would tell the truth, they seem to be doing that, to the best of their ability. As far as the GA abuse, I don't see a trial for that, the only person to sue is KC. Media is just repeating what is said in Court. So no media trials, no LP trials who cares what he says anyway, lol, or any of the other P.I.s.

JB may have some issues with taxes for one. But he could work that out without a trial. As far as ethics goes, I am still waiting, usually that is a hearing that we will not see, we may hear of it if anyone thinks to file anything.

There are, as of now, a lot of unanswered questions. It seems some people involved in the trial could be guilty of obstructing justice. There are some that could be disbarred and others may have opened themselves up to civil suits. So the question is do you think that there will be any spinoff trials from this one and if so who will be involved in them as a plaintiff, defendant, witness or all of those.

I think they could try CA for obstruction of justice but if KC is given the death penalty they may decide to let it go. I think the same goes for LA and I think GA may take JB to court in a civil suit. RK may do the same thing.

Also, as always I think JB is skating the edge of being disbarred.

I also think an emu could step forward with "bombshell" evidence.

All of that is JMO

MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL

There won't be any spinoff trials

I thought anything that is said in a courtroom setting cannot be used in a civil lawsuit...had Baez said this in a TV interview, then I believe the A's would have had a great lawsuit in the making..

I would love for Baez to be sanctioned for his OS....for there is no proof and it appears this is turning into a trial against GA and not the one who sits accused of premeditated murder...and also for bringing in contraband to ICA..letters being bypassed by the jail is a definate NO, NO....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I've been mulling this question of charges post trial over and over again. I finally voted "no" after deciding "yes" on CA, GA and Baez.

I voted no because after listening to Cindy testify at the beginning of the trial, I can't see how she actually impeded the LE's investigation.

Now before the whole board jumps on me, cause I haven't forgotten the car, the pants, the hair brush, etc., etc., but did it actually impede the trial?

There was an awful lot of evidence in the trunk of the car. Bloise testified or at least agreed with Jose when he said the car trunk was not spotless. I'm still waiting for the chloroform testimony however.

Who's to say there was anything on the pants but the smell of decomp? I find it hard to believe ICA would have carried around an article of clothing soaked in decomp fluid somehow..Cindy admitted there was usually a blanket in the trunk but it looks like ICA may have chucked it out if it was soaked in anything.

And yes, both of the Anthony's were completely obnoxious to Tim Miller or anyone else who suggested Caylee was dead and ICA was guilty, until the truth was so obvious they could no longer avoid it.

I guess the SA's concern would be - if they prosecuted the Anthony's, would anything be released that would be valuable enough to the Defence to overturn the verdict and cause a new trial? I think that point, rather than what the Anthony's did would be the SA's larger concern.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back