Will there be any spinoff trials from this one? MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL

Will there be any spinoff trials from this one and if so who will be involved and why

• Total voters
I've always felt that Cindy was looking at possible charges of tampering with evidence and obstruction of justice.

Cindy cleaned out the car and washed items that were in the car. It's not known if she discarded anything she found in the car. From the beginning, Cindy tried to steer the investigation away from her daughter by promoting Casey's lie that the nanny had kidnapped Caylee.

But, the one thing that I think most borders on obstruction of justice is Cindy's statement to Yuri Melich in Dec. 2008, after Caylee's remains were found, when she said "I sent someone to search there (the remains site) a month ago and nothing was there." We know that Dominic Casey was working for the Anthonys and was searching the woods off of Suburban Dr. in Nov. 2008. I think Cindy knew the general area where Caylee's remains were and was not cooperating with LE by giving them that information.

I think Jose has left himself open to lawsuits from a number of people.

I don't think they are going to go after Cindy.

Unless they can actually prove that she knew that Casey had killed Caylee and covered it up... They are simply going to attribute her actions to denial.

Not many parents would jump from "The babysitter stole my granddaughter" to "OMG I bet my daughter killed her!" Without some major proof.

Cleaning the car and promoting Casey's lie do not seem that odd to me. DENIAL.

Friends of Casey's had said they suggested the area Caylee was found needed to be searched. So even her having that looked at doesn't seem that odd.

But after the day they played the 911 calls on the stand... I don't think they will go after Cindy.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ampaign=Feed:+entertainment/tv/tvguy+(TV+Guy)

During a recess, Cindy Anthony left the stand with help from an attorney and moved to her husband, George Anthony, who put his arm around her as they departed the courtroom.

WKMG’s Pipitone said that Cindy Anthony went into a bathroom.

“You could hear Cindy Anthony wailing in the echo of that woman’s bathroom,” Pipitone said.

“George just standing outside, helpless, not knowing what his wife was going through inside.”

Pipitone said it “went on and on for minutes” and that prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick went into the bathroom.

“She came out after about a minute [and] reassured George Anthony
that Cindy was doing better,” Pipitone said.

I don't think they are going to go after Cindy.

Unless they can actually prove that she knew that Casey had killed Caylee and covered it up... They are simply going to attribute her actions to denial.

Not many parents would jump from "The babysitter stole my granddaughter" to "OMG I bet my daughter killed her!" Without some major proof.

Cleaning the car and promoting Casey's lie do not seem that odd to me. DENIAL.

Friends of Casey's had said they suggested the area Caylee was found needed to be searched. So even her having that looked at doesn't seem that odd.

But after the day they played the 911 calls on the stand... I don't think they will go after Cindy.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ampaign=Feed:+entertainment/tv/tvguy+(TV+Guy)

During a recess, Cindy Anthony left the stand with help from an attorney and moved to her husband, George Anthony, who put his arm around her as they departed the courtroom.

WKMG’s Pipitone said that Cindy Anthony went into a bathroom.

“You could hear Cindy Anthony wailing in the echo of that woman’s bathroom,” Pipitone said.

“George just standing outside, helpless, not knowing what his wife was going through inside.”

Pipitone said it “went on and on for minutes” and that prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick went into the bathroom.

“She came out after about a minute [and] reassured George Anthony
that Cindy was doing better,” Pipitone said.

I think it shows real class and true caring that LDB went in to check on CA. Considering the adversarial relationaship that the A's have held with the SA, IMO, it shows that the SA only has one thing on their agenda and that is true justice for Caylee.

I think it shows real class and true caring that LDB went in to check on CA. Considering the adversarial relationaship that the A's have held with the SA, IMO, it shows that the SA only has one thing on their agenda and that is true justice for Caylee.

When I heard that I immediately had visions of CA somehow turning this around to KC's advantage. I think the prosecutors have much bigger hearts than anybody on KC's team. JMO

BBM

I understand this part completely, LG. My brother was killed in an accident 5 years ago. I will not go into graphic details, but the accident involved my brother and a train. Needless to say, there was no "identifying the body" for me or my family. We were shown his wallet, one shoe, and given the assurance that it was indeed my brother that had been killed. I cannot tell you how long I clung to the hope that just maybe he would come walking up one day and it would have all been a bad dream. I kept thinking that just maybe he had had his wallet stolen by someone and it was THAT person who had been killed that evening, and my brother was still alive somewhere and didn't realize we were worried about him. Not being able to actually see his body made a big difference. It made all the difference in the world to me. Although a part of me knew he was gone, and grieved and went to the funeral, there as another part that held onto the scrap of hope that "just maybe"........

I am so sorry for your loss.

My husband's aunt was the same way. Her son was working on a river boat which sank. All of the bodies were found and identified except for her son's. As far as I know, until she passed away, she had dreams about him showing up on her doorstep.

I understand Cindy's hoping, and there is no doubt in my mind that Caylee was a loved little girl.

The whole case is heartbreaking, no matter what happens in the trial.

You know, the way FL's governor is cutting the budget, I don't see the state going after anyone, just to put them in prison. If they could sue someone for money spent, sure, but spending money to go to trial, then spending money to imprison someone who is not a danger to society, I don't see that happening.

IIRC, the sunshine laws only apply to people who are charged with a crime. If CA gave the info to DC and they plan to charge CA they don't have to release his statement until CA is tried. JMO

Sunshine, I believe, can go into people not directly charged. Such as discovery passed from the state to the defense in regards to DC's chats with Ginny & Luke.
However, if the state was going to charge CA, they might not release DC's statements to that effect because an on-going investigation is an exception to Sunshine. So in that respect, they could keep it to themslves.
My original comment was meant along the lines of DC testifying that he got the go ahead from CA to look at Suburban, then questioning CA on how she knew where it was....and that, possibly, she knew because KC told her-told her in code or told her straight up. That would be the final nail in the coffin for KC and would put JB in disbarment alley if he knew.

At this point Jose is guaranteed a contempt hearing and a Bar hearing. I think that is already penciled into the calendar. and then we will either see some sort of perjury action against CA, or if the state opts not to do that, some sort of civil action from GA and CA against LP.

At this point Jose is guaranteed a contempt hearing and a Bar hearing. I think that is already penciled into the calendar. and then we will either see some sort of perjury action against CA, or if the state opts not to do that, some sort of civil action from GA and CA against LP.

I don't know if this can be proven in a court of law or not but I think JA is showing that JB has "coached" his A family witness' on what to say and how to act. JMO

I don't think the state is interested in going after the A's, they probably believe the family has been put through enough and realize the emotional toll this has made on them. It's very hard to prove obstruction of justice, from what I hear. No family is going to immediately accept that their daughter/sister has committed murder, so statements they made around that time are moot now. Peoples' feelings change over time. It may be easier for them now than it was 3 years ago. Watching Lee on the stand today, as well as Cindy, this family will never, ever be the same. Why make that any worse?

As for anyone else, I don't know and don't care. A lot of people inserted themselves in this case and got burned because of it. Some were thrown into it not of their own accord, and they will bear the pain of it, too.

There won't be .......but there should be! :maddening:

Oh! I voted none, but just thought of "Zanny". Isn't she pursuing a civil suit or something? And i definitely think Vasco Thompson and his attorney are sniffing around

There are, as of now, a lot of unanswered questions. It seems some people involved in the trial could be guilty of obstructing justice. There are some that could be disbarred and others may have opened themselves up to civil suits. So the question is do you think that there will be any spinoff trials from this one and if so who will be involved in them as a plaintiff, defendant, witness or all of those.

I think they could try CA for obstruction of justice but if KC is given the death penalty they may decide to let it go. I think the same goes for LA and I think GA may take JB to court in a civil suit. RK may do the same thing.

Also, as always I think JB is skating the edge of being disbarred.

I also think an emu could step forward with "bombshell" evidence.

All of that is JMO

MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL

Ohh i think i will read this thread first, and thanks for the thinker question Steely Dan

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/06/florida.casey.anthony.perjury/index.html?hpt=hp_p1&iref=NS1

Prosecutor: Cindy Anthony could face perjury charges
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 6, 2011 10:34 a.m. EDT

(CNN) -- One of the prosecutors in the Casey Anthony trial said Wednesday there could be perjury charges against Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony.

Cindy Anthony testified that she was responsible for Internet searches on the family's home computer for information about chloroform. But records indicated she was at work at the time.

Prosecutors had alleged that Casey Anthony, 25, killed her daughter, Caylee, in 2008 by rendering her unconscious with chloroform, putting duct tape over her nose and mouth so she would suffocate, or a combination of the two acts...

I voted Jose, because he has yet to prove the allegations in the opening statement of the defense. I would expect GA and CA to sue him for intentional infliction of emotional distress as well as slander and libel, should there be a conviction in this case. I may change my vote by the end of this trial as more information comes to light.

I'd be surprised if criminal charges were pursued against the A's after this is done. They've seen the light and at least in trial have not appeared to thwart the State's case against their daughter. Same goes for LA.........the State of Florida needs to move on from this case if a conviction comes down. An acquittal - not a hung jury, could change all that though IMO.

Good thread idea!

Roy Kronk could also sue. And then there are the possible contempt charges.

Well I just ask on the lawyer thread if he thought any one had a good case to file suit, he said NO. I ask him if felt anyone else would be charged with anything relating to this case, he said NO.

I added Zenida Fernandez Gonzales because from what we know now of the verdict of Not Guilty. Zenida's attorney's can file a defamation of character. Zenida was one of the many victims of ICA, and probably the one that was harmed the most by ICA's lies.

I wish. I really wish...
I'll just move on to good things I guess, for now. :) However, I still wish........

I just wonder if JG, AH or TL have good grounds for charges of defamation on the implications by GA, CA and LA that they were involved in the abduction of Caylee. If they do, I won't be surprised if this happens. Although I still feel some sympathy for the Anthony's I still think they should be held accountable.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp_rUoVA4qQ"]Equusearch may sue Casey Anthony and family[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back