Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information posted on one of the "other" boards states that when she left the hospital and went to the interview...she didn't even tell the grandmother where she had gone.

I'm not shocked...

It seems very telling that her dad prefers to go back to Iraq rather than stay here to work and help her out. Anyone?

On that subject... I've seen people attempt to justify her behavior by saying that her dad can go back and make $100,000 a year in Iraq. What they forget is that her mother not only filed for bankruptcy, but apparently still owes the money:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ilIx-PXnXPpwF1a_nlRYF00fzBIQD961UN600

Court records show Angela Suleman filed for bankruptcy last March, but after she failed to make required payments and appear at a creditors' meeting, the case was dismissed. She reported liabilities of $981,371, mostly money owed on two houses she owns in Whittier."​

(Her mother is legally divorced from her dad, but they still live together. That's interesting in and of itself, for this reason. Hmm...)

On that subject... I've seen people attempt to justify her behavior by saying that her dad can go back and make $100,000 a year in Iraq. What they forget is that her mother not only filed for bankruptcy, but apparently still owes the money:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ilIx-PXnXPpwF1a_nlRYF00fzBIQD961UN600

Court records show Angela Suleman filed for bankruptcy last March, but after she failed to make required payments and appear at a creditors' meeting, the case was dismissed. She reported liabilities of $981,371, mostly money owed on two houses she owns in Whittier."

(Her mother is legally divorced from her dad, but they still live together. That's interesting in and of itself, for this reason. Hmm...)

Seems like they know how to beat the system and manage bankruptcy without him being liable for any debts. He is free to work anywhere without attachments to his pay. I am assuming Angela doesn't work outside the home.

I have a new thought: with the backlash and given her history of depression, this could get bad for her, mentally. I worry more and more for her children... :(

James Bond character name she has been tagged with: *click here*

I have a new thought: with the backlash and given her history of depression, this could get bad for her, mentally. I worry more and more for her children... :(

Sounds like she has a history of post-partum depression. Another potential Andrea Yates????:eek::eek::eek:

Seems like they know how to beat the system and manage bankruptcy without him being liable for any debts. He is free to work anywhere without attachments to his pay. I am assuming Angela doesn't work outside the home.

I've leaned toward pitying the parents so far, but that's a hard point to ignore. It also brings to mind that he told reporters early on that they had another very large home somewhere else... he said no one would be able to find them there.

More hmm...

To source my post about the father claiming to have another home:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1131343/Mother-octuplets-worked-IVF-clinic.html

But the babies' grandfather said the family have a far larger house elsewhere - and warned that media may have a tougher time finding the family after the babies are released from the hospital.

'We have a huge house, not here,' said the man, who only identified himself as Ed. 'You are never going to know where it is.'

Could he have been referring to the home he and his wife were living in before they moved in with her? Could he still be making payments on it, because the bankruptcy failed? If so, why are they living like sardines in a two bedroom (9 people, even before the octuplets were born)? I've seen reports that the house they moved out of was foreclosed on.

And why would he think they couldn't be found?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1131343/Mother-octuplets-worked-IVF-clinic.html

But the babies' grandfather said the family have a far larger house elsewhere - and warned that media may have a tougher time finding the family after the babies are released from the hospital.

'We have a huge house, not here,' said the man, who only identified himself as Ed. 'You are never going to know where it is.'

Could he have been referring to the home he and his wife were living in before they moved in with her? Could he still be making payments on it, because the bankruptcy failed? If so, why are they living like sardines in a two bedroom (9 people, even before the octuplets were born)? I've seen reports that the house they moved out of was foreclosed on.

Perfect! Good riddance! Won't find you? GOOD! Just remember to allow Child Protective Services in to check on these poor children. Or better yet, take them away NOW.

I'm hoping that this mom is not as unstable as she is portrayed, and that maybe she was playing up PTSD and pain to continue disability from the riot at the mental hospital. I'm sure her lawyer really played up the pain aspect and the mental if necessary.

That is worrisome about her mental health with the bad publicity.

(OMG! The James Bond reference went over my head until you posted that... quite funny!!! :blowkiss:)

That's the article that made me wonder if they would be going to a bigger house in Iraq (I think that's where he's from?). With the debt he and his wife/ex wife have (if the bankruptcy didn't go through) and Nadya inking a big book deal- or something- I wondered if they were all just going to boogie out of the US?

None of this story makes much sense to me- a woman I know had to go through a complete psych evaluation for Gastric Bypass surgery- Nadya somehow passes a psych evaluation and adds 8 babies to her family of 6- and she's studying to be a Social Worker- it's almost too much to begin to understand! :waitasec:

There was a fertility doc on JVM tonight, he said the first thing she would do in his office was go for counselling. Then if she really was ok to do the procedure, she would have ONE embryo implanted. There would be an outside chance for two, but since she had such success in the past one would be the plan. He said this doc is way out of line.

New angle: her ex had to chase her around the court system to get the divorce... and Nadya Suleman is not the only name she has used:

"Nadya Doud AKA Natalie Denise Suleman."

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/02/mom-of-octuplets-divorce-papers.php

Her ex's last name is Gutierezz... if she ever used her married name, that would also be another alias of hers.

There is something very,very strange going on with this family. why would she use so many alias. wonder if the parents have few.:waitasec:

She came off with a very harsh edge imo in her interview. This whole thing is not adding up. Maybe she was going to sell them. I don't really think that, but something is not right.

That's the article that made me wonder if they would be going to a bigger house in Iraq (I think that's where he's from?). With the debt he and his wife/ex wife have (if the bankruptcy didn't go through) and Nadya inking a big book deal- or something- I wondered if they were all just going to boogie out of the US?

He's Palestinian, but spent some time working as a contractor in Iraq.

I think he would like to boogie them all out, but she says she wants her own TV show as a parenting expert.

I suspect that the parents have tried to pull some fast ones, but I also doubt either of them were ever glad she started having these babies. The mother made the comment that she believed mothers should be married before they had kids, but her daughter wouldn't listen.

I think they over-indulged her, and the dad might not be one who places a high value on honesty, and they are now paying a heavy price for both.

Ya know, I'd like to believe that this woman is 'special' & has some wonderful purpose in life planned for her.

But, alas, I think when the desk rolled over & injured her back, a drawer may have slid out of it & bonked her in the head.

I'm not sure all her neurons are firin'.
panachz.gif

New angle: her ex had to chase her around the court system to get the divorce... and Nadya Suleman is not the only name she has used:

"Nadya Doud AKA Natalie Denise Suleman."

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/02/mom-of-octuplets-divorce-papers.php

Her ex's last name is Gutierezz... if she ever used her married name, that would also be another alias of hers.

Interesting. She also put the sperm donor down as the father on the birth certificate, using different birthdates, and he reportedly asked her not to keep making more babies with his sperm and she ignored him.

She also said in the interview that she hopes he'll be part of their lives:
Suleman told Curry that the father is a bit overwhelmed right now, but she is hoping that he will want to get to know his children when he is ready.

- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29038814/

All this together makes me think she has also been trying to trap these men into her "family" too. :bang:

She came off with a very harsh edge imo in her interview. This whole thing is not adding up. Maybe she was going to sell them. I don't really think that, but something is not right.

Beaner,

Funny you should mention that,because just for a fleeting moment I thought the same thing,and then just dismissed the idea. But you are right,there's just something about this whole story that doesn't ring true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels