World's oldest mum at 67

I think it is very unscrupulous for the fertility clinic to do such things as this. And yes, I agree 55 is too old. I think nature works the way it does for a good reason.

AlwaysShocked said:
I am really curious about the actual anatomy and physiology of this. I can understand the IVF process and the implanting of the fertilized egg.

But I thought a woman still had to have certain hormones in her body in order for the fertilized egg to implant and grow - for a placenta to develop. How does a 67 year old female body still have the ability to accomplish the fetal growth process?

(I am going to try to find some articles on this if I can.)
This woman did not use her own eggs- NO Way at 67, they had to be the Donor Eggs of a young 20-something year old. As for the hormones, I did IVF, and I looked into Donor Egg IVF. You are injected with Progesterone shots.

Even 55 is waaaay too old, IMO. I had all my kids by the time I was 25. I think it's too old to be having kids past the age of 35 for me personally ---even though some people are just getting started then.

I have yet to seeeee a picture of her, HOW could she have convinced the clinic people that she was in fact 55? Hmmm, must have forged papers.

PLUS she did live with her OLDE mommy her entire life til mommy took her last breath. IT never said how OLDE her mommy was when she died.

This NEW mom with twins, has great enthusiasm for her sons futures. She has apparently borne and will raise her own safety NET IF IF the sons go along with the same programme that she had, take care of their mommie.

SHE appears to have been faithful to her MOTHER, and took care of her, and it is now her turn, according to her thinking. UGH, hope it works out for everyone. WE don't always get WHAT WE want, or WHAT we expect.

LOVE conquers all. SHE loves her babies, but will they LOVE her enough, OR themselves enough to escape OR?

She, they and WE will have to WAIT and see, how this tale ends.

I am not put on earth to judge others and tell them what to do, I do not have that right. I can only observe and learn from where I sit.

Camper, I saw a picture of her on the Today show this morning and she does look old. :eek: :eek: How she ever convinced them she was 55 without a birth certificate is beyond me.

Oh, for Pete's sake:

Bousada told the News of the World: “I think everyone should become a mother at the right time for them. Maybe things shouldn’t have been done in the way they were done but that was the only way to achieve the thing I had always dreamt of.

“I would have loved to have got pregnant with a man by my side but it didn’t work out that way. Now I’ve got to look for a dad for the kids. I’d like to meet someone a bit younger than me. They’d have to like the children, of course.
If she can't handle the kids and needs money, then perhaps being retired, 50-ish (I don't know her real age) and single ISN'T the right time for her!

I wouldn't want to marry somebody just because they need financial support and somebody to help raise the kids, but maybe there are people out there looking for that.

BrendaStar said:
Camper, I saw a picture of her on the Today show this morning and she does look old. :eek: :eek:
Funny, I had the opposite thought. I didn't think she looked 67, I thought she looked darn youthful for 67!

pepper & VB.. i feel for you guys, even though my parents were an average age (20's/30's) when they had me... but remember that a lot of single children are going through a similar thing to what you've gone through... not only do they not have siblings, but they will never be an aunt or uncle... or have nieces & nephews, or brother or sisters in law (through a sibling). if they have a kid, their kid will never have aunts, uncles, or cousins (unless their partner has siblings). if they don't have or adopt kids, when they get older, & the older generation is gone, they will be totally alone (aside from whatever partner or friends might be in their life). believe me it's a very scary and lonely thought.

i know some mothers who had kids at 40, and it was definitely a major dilemma for them... but as for being selfish, you might as well say that every person who gave birth on planet earth did so because they were selfish. remember that also very young parents have kids for selfish reasons, and are often not even properly equipped- mentally, financially, etc. sometimes an older parent can make up for a lot in wisdom, stability, ability to focus on parenthood.. that they didn't have in their youth... just something to think about.
there's a lot of children who experience emotional neglect by average-age parents who are workaholics, having marriage troubles, or just couldn't give it their all for whatever reason.. (but what's their excuse? they can't say old age.) so you're not alone!

anyway.. for those us lacking in a surplus of extended family... that's even more reason to make sure you always have a lot of good friends and social contacts.. and you can always have a surrogate, for a family member you missed having in your life.

LinasK said:
Funny, I had the opposite thought. I didn't think she looked 67, I thought she looked darn youthful for 67!

--->>>Well heck, I would like to see for myself a picture of this lady, I would have perspective from a different level on WHUT she looked like.

I grew up without a father, he died when I was two. I grew up without interaction with cousins. By the time I was born all my cousins were ancient and in other states. My mom was 44 when I was born, and she was the youngest of seven children. My grandparents were ALL dead, so I never met them.

My perspective on old took shape when I was young and changed as I grew older. Example, in Jr. High, around 13 ish, the science teacher a Mr. whatshisnameIforgotit, was a babe, but all us girls thought geeeeeeeeez he is OLDE!!

So show me a picture and I will tell ya what old looks like from my NOW.

PS: I never missed cousins, cuz I didn't know any of them personally. Well I met one of em when I was 10 and this cousin had children in WWII. One does not become warped from their upbringing, IF IF there is love.

Here's a link with a picture. She looks way better than the photo I had seen on TV. Here's a snippet:
"There, in a sterile doctor's office, she chose the donor parents — eggs from a pretty, brown-haired 18-year-old and sperm from a blond, blue-eyed Italian-American.

She recalled: "I picked them from photos in a catalogue. It was a bit like studying an estate agent's brochure and choosing a house. I wasn't bothered about what sort of jobs they had or how much they earned as long as they were healthy. I picked people who were different looking as I wanted a mixture."

Link: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news1.shtml

Artful makeup must have done its magic in her first visit to 'the' American clinic, and being from out of the country must have helped too. Think the article said she does not speak english, donut remember for certain. I think she looks pretty darned good too.

Bravery comes in all sorts of packaging, when a person WANTS to accomplish something.

I suspect she will haul in a substantial amount of money from her current 'status'. She needs a lawyer to negotiate for her, huh?

Thank you for the great informative link and picture.

This is shocking to me but whether or not she did the right or wrong thing...{shrug}. But as a person who had young parents (they were 17 and 18 when I was born), I'm very grateful that they had me when they were young because, if we all live to "normal" life expectancies, I'll be blessed with having my parents through most of my life. I'm 47 now and my Dad just turned 66 yesterday.

IMO, I think people need to consider the future of their children when or if they decide to have kids........regardless of WHAT age they are.

I feel sorry for the child. This woman is no longer the oldest now anyway is she after that 70 year old that just had one?? Not sure where that thread is but its on here somewhere

From the link: "I have been presented with an illness, a very serious illness, one which is fashionable at the moment," she is quoted in the Daily Mail as saying.

When the heck did cancer, or any illness, become fashionable? :puke:

I hope that was a mis-translation... Ugh!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Awfuldreamer
Back