Would you lie in court to save your child? CLOSED FOR REVIEW

Would you lie to save your child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 100 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 261 47.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 191 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I could not do what Cindy did if my child had done what KC did. Period.

Not if my child murdered my grandchild, accused her brother and father of sexual abuse and then also accused her father of covering up the death. Nope. My child would need to face the music. You can still love your child.

Would this be called PERJURY????????????????????:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I voted with my son's answer; I purposefully did not want to provide lots of different options because it's too easy to add a million "under these conditions" and I wanted a more black or white answer.

If I could vote twice, I'd have to honestly say, "I don't know". Mainly because my two boys mean the world to me, but at the same time I'd be so nervous in court I doubt I could even fib about the smallest thing asked of me. I'd most likely confess every mistake I'd ever made regardless whether it was relevant or not to the case! :innocent:
You mean in general? I'm all confused now. If you do mean in a general way: To save my child's life, I'd lie my azz off.

You mean in general? I'm all confused now. If you do mean in a general way: To save my child's life, I'd lie my azz off.

No, not in general. But in court, under similiar circumstances as this case.

I don't know. I love my child. I belive in truth.
If God forbid I was in this situation ... I just do not know.

One thing I do know, she made her choice to lie again & again today, she has to make peace with it. I don't have to defend her & I will not, can not. It's her life, can she live with herself ? I don't care either way. Good luck with the future Cindy, I wouldn't want to be you.

To get her off and out of jail...no. To save her life, I honestly don't know.

That being said, I am sick to my stomach and sad after Cindy's testimony today.

I chose: I don't know.

It's so hard to say.
I try to put myself into the Anthony's shoes and it's just impossible :(

I can honestly say I don't know what I would do if I had lived through the hell that CA and GA have lived through the past few years.....and I pray to the Dear Lord that I never have to figure that out.

Without a doubt, UNLESS I feared the safety of another child, myself or my spouse. If I feared the safety of someone else, I would lie, then have my child admitted somewhere to get the help they needed.

I know it's not the right thing, but when it comes to my children, I will do everything to protect them.

I would not lie to save any of my children. My daughter and I discussed this last week. We love each other dearly, she is my best friend, but we decided we would not lie for each other if either of us was ever in a situation like this.

I asked my 16 yr old son and his reply was interesting... He said he would NOT lie, though he said telling the truth and knowing it might destroy his child's life would tear his heart in two. He also said if it was a death penalty case he might *think* about it but in the end would feel the need to tell the truth!

Nice news to hear from a teenager!:rocker:

-Mish

Sounds fantastic except that he has no perspective whatsoever since he doesn't have a kid:crazy:

I think that when something happens like this, that has taken so long to get to court, by now there seems to be so much distance between what actually happened that I'd be tempted to just do as little damage as possible.

However, if it was something that indicated to me that my child was a sociopath and could potentially harm others, I'd want him or her in prison. I'd feel horrible if he did it again, like that kid with the Natalie Holoway situation. Those parents are disgusting to me.

ETA: I knew it would get boggled down if too many "conditions" were provided for poll answers, such as...

Yes, if I thought my child was innocent
No, If I thought my child was guilty

No, if my child had a history of lying
Yes, if my child was a mainly honest person

See how that could go on and on? That's why I kept the responses so basic. Hope that helps! :)

Absolutely not! My parents - G-d rest their souls - raised their five children to be ethical, moral individuals who take responsibility their actions, good or bad. They were probably hardest on me as their firstborn, and I would have been punished severely for lying or doing anything else that my parents deemed unacceptable behavior. While the discipline for my DD was never as harsh, DH and I raised her with the same ethics, morals and values. Neither of us would compromise ourselves if she were in a situation similar to ICA.

No. i would make sure that my child learned to accept the consequences of their actions. That is called parenting.

^^THAT is the ONLY answer IMO.

I didnt raise a lying babykiller and I wont turn into a liar for one.

To get her off and out of jail...no. To save her life, I honestly don't know.
QUOTE]

I agree. Wouldnt lie to keep them out of jail, if they did something wrong. But to save their life....wow, I guess I probably would. But I dont know for sure unless it was actually happening to me.

This case is incredible. I don't think this will make a difference, but it is something the State does not want to happen.

Absolutely not! My parents - G-d rest their souls - raised their five children to be ethical, moral individuals who take responsibility their actions, good or bad. They were probably hardest on me as their firstborn, and I would have been punished severely for lying or doing anything else that my parents deemed unacceptable behavior. While the discipline for my DD was never as harsh, DH and I raised her with the same ethics, morals and values. Neither of us would compromise ourselves if she were in a situation similar to ICA.

Wouldn't it depend on the situation though? I mean if you are saying that you've raised these wonderful kids, then it's not the same situation at all. Who is going to need to lie when they've raised kids who are responsible?

I took the OP to be if the kid was in a situation like this. Reminds me of the movie Before and After with Liam Neeson and Meryl Streep when their son is accused of a crime. One is willing to lie and cover up, the other is not.

This is really an excellent question, Mish, because I feel myself waffling.

OK, and this won't make me popular, lol, but yes, I'd lie to save my son's life, even under similar circumstances - yes, even if he were a lying, thieving, baby killer. I can't imagine that I wouldn't fight the needle going into his arm, no matter what he'd done. LWOP I could live with, his death, not so much. I don't want my child to die.

In all honesty it would depend on the circumstances so I really don't know. I do know I wouldn't lie if my child had killed their child. No way, no how.

I would support and love my child, not cover up a murder for my child. One persons life(KC) is not worth more than another persons(Caylee's).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner