Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #4

Regarding the 'errors', Vicious and Cruel.

IMO, just more of the same slimey, nasty crap she puts forth. It's ongoing with her. It's her mission to make the Zahau family as miserable as she is, with her own miserable hateful life.

Thanks for the court stuff, K_Z!!!

JMO

Will Whitten throw the ex-mrs jonah shacknai in jail for contempt if/when she doesn't pay up today?

My guess is the case will be dismissed with prejudice, and Dina will be fined again, as well as ordered to pay all of Jonah's attorney fees and court costs, AND found in contempt, if she hasn't paid the previously ordered fines and fees.

If she throws a tantrum or acts out in any way, I think she could be looking at jail time.

But hey-- maybe she won't even show up for the hearing, and just send her attorney. Who knows with her.

We'll likely find out what happens at the oral arguments hearing today, early next week. The hearing is so late in the day today on a Friday that I doubt anything will be available on the public sites till next week.

In other news, while we wait
e020.gif
- I know it's a stretch to suggest the following article/info pertains to the subject of this thread, but I'm (trying to) cashing in a "technicality" chip and hoping to slide it in anyway (Hi, Bessie!) because it is just so interesting, and because we did discuss Valent Pharmaceuticals International when Jonah Shacknai sold Medicis to Valeant Pharmaceuticals for $2.8 billion dollars:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/30327142/...s-low-cost-version-of-price-hiked-turing-drug

>>>snip

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Stepping into the furor over eye-popping price spikes for old generic medicines, a maker of compounded drugs will begin selling $1 doses of Daraprim, whose price recently was jacked up to $750 per pill by Turing Pharmaceuticals.

San Diego-based Imprimis Pharmaceuticals Inc., which mixes approved drug ingredients to fill individual patient prescriptions, said Thursday it will supply capsules containing Daraprim's active ingredients, pyrimethamine and leucovorin, for $99 for a 100-capsule bottle...

...The high price of prescription medicines in the U.S....has become a hot issue in the 2016 presidential race...

...News that Turing, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. and other drug makers have bought rights to old, cheap medicines that are the only treatment for serious diseases and then hiked prices several fold has angered patients. It's triggered government investigations, politicians' proposals to fight "price gouging," heavy media scrutiny and a big slump in biotech stock prices...

(article continues)

<<<snip

SMH. I'm trying to imagine what kind of people do business this way - oh, wait! Here's one:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/francin...s-love-luxury-and-sometimes-breaking-the-law/

>>>snip

...Investors reached an $18 million class action settlement that same year with Shacknai, his CFO (a former PwC auditor), and company auditor EY for manipulation of revenue recognition, omitting a required reserve for returns, and concealing from investors that a material portion of sales were likely to be returned. Medicis continued to publish false and misleading financial statements and EY continued to approve them. EY paid $7 million of the settlement...

(article continues)

<<<snip

Good on Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc!
k025.gif

Someone is noticeably absent from responding today. Can't wait to hear what happened today in Maricopa County.

IMO, the purpose of Dina's case against Jonah has become quite clear. Dina was ordered to pay sanctions for failure to comply to discovery responses in a case SHE brought against Jonah. Dina was given several opportunities to comply. She did ask for an extension at one time, however there was even a time she had no legal representation as noted in one of the orders. Dina never complied to the discovery responses and now her own case is being dismissed with prejudice.

Dina ignored the judges orders in the case she brought against Jonah, yet she submitted 4 motions just this week in Rebecca's WDS. Not including the 125 page motion. Talk about billable hours, Dina's building an enormous tab with her defense in the Zahau WDS. Imo, it has become evident where Dina chooses to spend her money and time. Dina could have complied and could have continued pursing Max's WDS. Why did Dina stop fighting her OWN case?

Imo, Dina's lack of activity in Max's WDS verses very active in the Zahau WDS is pretty telling of her true intentions when she filed suit against Jonah.

ETA - according to ROA doc 228, Sheila Baker of Shumann and Rosenberg charges $170 an hour. The cost associated with just this one 25 pg motion was $3,426, can you imagine how much the 125 pg motion cost Dina?

https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face...tion_Testimony_of_Doug_P_Lo_1445568050507.pdf

Why didn't the Zahau's do a WDS against Jonah? I mean he is the only one with the inside scoop on everything. Oh wait, cause he has money and can buy silence? Same reason Dina cannot afford to keep going after him, he has more money. In other words its a lose lose situation for them against the one person who has alot of answers IMO. Silence, and alot more can be bought here in America JMO.

I also doubt XZ's and Doug's depositions began and ended at the exact same time on the exact same day.

Page 10- https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face...tion_Testimony_of_Xena_Zaha_1445568051366.pdf

On January 22, 2015 , Mr. Schumann appeared and took the deposition of X*** Zahau ("Miss Zahau").

During Miss Zahau's deposition which began at 10:52 a.m. and ended at 12:36 p.m., Plaintiffs' counsel, CURTIS K. GREER ("Mr. Greer") interposed numerous objections with instructions not to answer.

Page 13- https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face...tion_Testimony_of_Doug_P_Lo_1445568050507.pdf

On January 22, 2015, Mr. Schumann appeared and took the deposition of Doug E. Loehner ("Mr. Loehner").

During Mr. Loehner's deposition which began at 10:52 a.m. and ended at 12:36 p.m., Plaintiffs' counsel, CURTIS K. GREER ("Mr. Greer") interposed numerous objections with instructions not to answer.

Why didn't the Zahau's do a WDS against Jonah? I mean he is the only one with the inside scoop on everything. Oh wait, cause he has money and can buy silence? Same reason Dina cannot afford to keep going after him, he has more money. In other words its a lose lose situation for them against the one person who has alot of answers IMO. Silence, and alot more can be bought here in America JMO.

Maybe that's why the Zahau's didn't go after Jonah? They don't want silence, they want justice. Dina doesn't seem to be having any difficulties keeping up with the Zahau WDS. She's spending quite a bit of money. Wait, are you suggesting Jonah bought Dina's silence in Max's WDS?

I know a lot of people are Pro Jonah here so don't throw stones at me, but I do think he knows more than any of us know. Questions I have. Why did Jonah lead Rebecca to believe that Max was getting better? Why did Jonah replace that door in the suicide/murder room so quickly? Who is the only one who knows what his and Rebecca's last phone call was about? Who has accepted things the way they are and pretty much stayed out of all of this being extremely quiet? Who moved on with their life a little quickly if you ask me...? Anyway, you can think what you want. I just think Dina doesn't have the answers that the Zahau's are wanting or waiting for. I would also like to state that Mark Seivers has an iron clad alibi being at his wifes relatives when she was brutally killed..but is he innocent?
Like I said this is all my opinion and I know its not one that people here want to hear, but he has a lot of answers to a lot of unanswered questions.

Wanted to add; wasn't Pfingst at the mansion pretty quickly? And why?

Well, you won't have to wait long, Frigga.

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CV2013-009289

Stipulation for dismissal with prejudice

ETA: Nothing yet in the minute entries.

Since a "stipulation" has been made, it means both Dina the plaintiff and Jonah the defendant have both *agreed* to the dismissal with prejudice. If Dina sincerely had thought Jonah (and Rebecca and her then teen sister) were involved in Max's death, why would Dina have not presented any evidence and drop this case so quickly? It is saliently clear Dina only wanted $$$$$$$$$$$$$money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ out of Jonah. I think we can clearly see who the real *golddigger* is in this lawsuit.

Golddigging LOSER & IMVEO*, heinous, depraved MURDERER of Rebecca Zahau: Dina.

*In My Very Educated Opinion

I know a lot of people are Pro Jonah here so don't throw stones at me, but I do think he knows more than any of us know. Questions I have. Why did Jonah lead Rebecca to believe that Max was getting better? Why did Jonah replace that door in the suicide/murder room so quickly? Who is the only one who knows what his and Rebecca's last phone call was about? Who has accepted things the way they are and pretty much stayed out of all of this being extremely quiet? Who moved on with their life a little quickly if you ask me...? Anyway, you can think what you want. I just think Dina doesn't have the answers that the Zahau's are wanting or waiting for. I would also like to state that Mark Seivers has an iron clad alibi being at his wifes relatives when she was brutally killed..but is he innocent?
Like I said this is all my opinion and I know its not one that people here want to hear, but he has a lot of answers to a lot of unanswered questions.

Yes, and why did he have the mansion remodeled so quickly? The remodel destroyed evidence. Personally, I think he's got a lot of info but he's being smart to just stay silent.
Not so pro Jonah here. We both have the same questions and seem to agree about something for once........

Actually JS from day one has been high on my guilty list and remains so. Having said that, though, I believe he knows exactly what happened to Max that day and Rebecca's murder (IMO) followed not to his bidding but through his manipulation of events and others. I do believe Dina did it though she was also manipulated.

I believe his children were present at Max's accidental death, they were quickly shuttled away from the scene and Rebecca truly didn't see the accident. She was told to keep quiet on who all was there and she complied. After the accusations started flying from Dina, she told Jonah she was not going to take the rap on Max's fall and then became a huge liability to JS protecting his kids.

I do believe Max died purely accidentally but the "story" spiraled out of control. Yes, the all-powerful JS has skated IMO. I am in full agreement with you on that.

Simply my opinion.

I would find it helpful to know why Xena went to visit after the other kids her age left, instead of visiting while the other kids her age were there. Or at least they only minimally crossed paths for a day.

Especially in light of someone looking up "sexy Asian girls" online (http://www.cbs8.com/story/16083634/... censored*-found-on-coronado-mansion-computer)

Regarding the "Stipulation for Dismissal with Prejudice" in the Maricopa County case, that should be followed, probably Monday, with an Order for Dismissal" by the Judge. IIRC, sometimes that's just a form with check boxes for who will pay the attorney fees, and sometimes that is a more explantory written order from the Judge. We'll see.

Because of the lead up to yesterday, Jonah's requests for dismissal with prejudice, and the repeated court orders that Dina wasn't following and ignoring, I think it's safe to assume Dina did not voluntarily offer to withdraw her case. Nor do I think it's even possible that she and Jonah agreed on any kind of "settlement". I think this dismissal comes fom the Judge. He did officially warn her several times that if Dina continued to refuse to cooperate with the court, in the case SHE filed as Plaintiff, the sanction of dismissal was going to be given.

Here's a brief explanation of dismissal, using AZ statutes: (BBM)

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/stipulated-dismissal/

Rule 41. Dismissal of actions

(a) Voluntary dismissal; by plaintiff or by order of court; effect.

1. Subject to the provisions of Rule 23(c), or Rule 66(c), or of any statute, an action may be dismissed (A) by the plaintiff without order of court by filing a notice of dismissal at any time before service by the adverse party of an answer or of a motion for summary judgment, whichever first occurs, or (B) by order of the court pursuant to a stipulation of dismissal signed by all parties who have appeared in the action. Such an order may be signed by a judge, a duly authorized court commissioner, the clerk of court or a deputy clerk. Unless otherwise stated in the notice or order of dismissal, the dismissal is without prejudice, except that a notice of dismissal operates as an adjudication upon the merits when filed by a plaintiff who has once dismissed in any court of the United States or of any state an action based on or including the same claim.

The stipulated dismissal of a plaintiff's original action becomes final when the time for filing an appeal passes. Once the dismissal is final, the trial court no longer has jurisdiction over the case. In effect, the case no longer existed because voluntary dismissal of a suit leaves the situation as though the suit had never been brought. [Lewis v. N.J. Riebe Enters., 170 Ariz. 384 (Ariz. 1992)]

Nothing is adjudicated between parties to a stipulated dismissal and none of the issues is actually litigated in the case of a judgment entered by confession, consent, or default. A consent judgment may be conclusive as to an issue only if the parties have manifested such intent in the agreement. Otherwise, the issue remains unresolved. [4501 Northpoint LP v. Maricopa County, 209 Ariz. 569 (Ariz. Ct. App. 2005)]

I think because of her behavior in the case, ignoring deadlines, ignoring court orders, etc., that Dina as Plaintiff will be ordered to pay Jonah's attorney fees and court costs, in addition to the fees, costs, and fines she has already been ordered to pay. Those don't go away just because the case is dismissed. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other fines as well.

Suing Jonah for the wrongful death of their son was a huge mistake for Dina, IMO. Just another expensive example of the extremes she goes to when she's being vindictive. Not exactly rational behavior, IMO.

Quite frankly, I think Dina could have gotten the money she wanted out of Jonah if she had sued him for wrongful death of Max due to the stair railings in the mansion being unsafe, or not up to code. His insurance would have likely quickly settled that case for $$$$, even though there was an outside toy scooter involved in Max's fall.

BBM

Maybe that's why the Zahau's didn't go after Jonah? They don't want silence, they want justice. Dina doesn't seem to be having any difficulties keeping up with the Zahau WDS. She's spending quite a bit of money. Wait, are you suggesting Jonah bought Dina's silence in Max's WDS?

If he did, she wouldn't be the only one. IMO, there's a few others who had their hands out. greedy, money hungry, do anything for a few $$$$$$$$, POSs.

The ruling of suicide, and the people involved making the decisions runs deep, imo. And I ain't even speaking about the boy's death.

But yeah, why the hell did the ex-mrs jonah shacknai take JS to court? Obviously not to get 'answers', otherwise she would have followed and adhered to the court's protocols. It looks to me as simple harassment, which is why the protective order came about.

I also doubt XZ's and Doug's depositions began and ended at the exact same time on the exact same day.

Page 10- https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face...tion_Testimony_of_Xena_Zaha_1445568051366.pdf

On January 22, 2015 , Mr. Schumann appeared and took the deposition of X*** Zahau ("Miss Zahau").

During Miss Zahau's deposition which began at 10:52 a.m. and ended at 12:36 p.m., Plaintiffs' counsel, CURTIS K. GREER ("Mr. Greer") interposed numerous objections with instructions not to answer.

Page 13- https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face...tion_Testimony_of_Doug_P_Lo_1445568050507.pdf

On January 22, 2015, Mr. Schumann appeared and took the deposition of Doug E. Loehner ("Mr. Loehner").

During Mr. Loehner's deposition which began at 10:52 a.m. and ended at 12:36 p.m., Plaintiffs' counsel, CURTIS K. GREER ("Mr. Greer") interposed numerous objections with instructions not to answer.

Thanks, Lash. More incredible sloppiness and carelessness on the part of Dina's attorneys.

How many errors, how much sloppiness and carelessness, equals incompetence?

Whoever is preparing these motions clearly doesn't know and understand what the individual circumstances of each death were. Or else they are not motivated enough on behalf of their client Dina, to proofread their motions to get the details correct.

Makes you wonder how much ELSE is blatantly wrong in those motions, that we can't see, because we don't have the whole deposition transcriptions to compare.

BBM

Since a "stipulation" has been made, it means both Dina the plaintiff and Jonah the defendant have both *agreed* to the dismissal with prejudice. If Dina sincerely had thought Jonah (and Rebecca and her then teen sister) were involved in Max's death, why would Dina have not presented any evidence and drop this case so quickly? It is saliently clear Dina only wanted $$$$$$$$$$$$$money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ out of Jonah. I think we can clearly see who the real *golddigger* is in this lawsuit.

Golddigging LOSER & IMVEO*, heinous, depraved MURDERER of Rebecca Zahau: Dina.

*In My Very Educated Opinion

BINGO!!!

Do you suppose she agreed because JS offered to drop his lawyers fees she was ordered to pay? And pay her fines Whitten put in place?

Do you think he would even entertain any of that? Intially, I thought he might (cause its just pocket change to him) just to be done with her. But now I'm thinking maybe she's still stuck with it all, didn't pay up and now in jail for contempt of court lol.

IMO, the purpose of Dina's case against Jonah has become quite clear. Dina was ordered to pay sanctions for failure to comply to discovery responses in a case SHE brought against Jonah. Dina was given several opportunities to comply. She did ask for an extension at one time, however there was even a time she had no legal representation as noted in one of the orders. Dina never complied to the discovery responses and now her own case is being dismissed with prejudice.

Dina ignored the judges orders in the case she brought against Jonah, yet she submitted 4 motions just this week in Rebecca's WDS. Not including the 125 page motion. Talk about billable hours, Dina's building an enormous tab with her defense in the Zahau WDS. Imo, it has become evident where Dina chooses to spend her money and time. Dina could have complied and could have continued pursing Max's WDS. Why did Dina stop fighting her OWN case?

Imo, Dina's lack of activity in Max's WDS verses very active in the Zahau WDS is pretty telling of her true intentions when she filed suit against Jonah.

ETA - according to ROA doc 228, Sheila Baker of Shumann and Rosenberg charges $170 an hour. The cost associated with just this one 25 pg motion was $3,426, can you imagine how much the 125 pg motion cost Dina?

https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face...tion_Testimony_of_Doug_P_Lo_1445568050507.pdf

Completely agree, Lash.

Dina filed 229 pages of motions October 13 alone. If the average for all of those pages was only $225 hour to research, prepare, and file, and there were only 200 billable hours involved, that could be $45,000 for just those 229 pages. Or more, if my estimates are low.

And Dina is willing to waste her money on frivolous questions such as who paid for XZ's cell phone, why did XZ live with Mary to go to school, had XZ re-listened to a 911 call from Max's fall, did DL help his wife find an attorney, what kind of relationship does XZ, a young teen, have with her mother, how often does she spend time with her mother, etc etc etc. Frivolous harassment, IMO. Just like Dina's very inappropriate attempts to get immigration details on the Zahau family.

None of that is going to help Dina defend herself, or show how Dina didn't kill Rebecca. It's just harassment, plain and simple, IMO. The judge won't allow those kinds of questions to be asked again, IMO.

Neither XZ nor DL were even in the state of California when Rebecca died. I doubt that the judge will require either of them to re-appear for another deposition.

None of that is compelling ENOUGH for Dina's defense, or could reasonably lead to new evidence, to require them to reappear, IMO.

BBM

BINGO!!!

Do you suppose she agreed because JS offered to drop his lawyers fees she was ordered to pay? And pay her fines Whitten put in place?

Do you think he would even entertain any of that? Intially, I thought he might (cause its just pocket change to him) just to be done with her. But now I'm thinking maybe she's still stuck with it all, didn't pay up and now in jail for contempt of court lol.

I don't think Jonah had to offer anything at all to get this case dismissed with prejudice. He is the wronged party here. And the court, whose time was wasted by a Plaintiff who wouldn't even cooperate in the case SHE filed.

I don't think Dina would be jailed for failing to pay the fees and fines, because the remedy for that is the sanction of dismissal of her case with prejudice (she can't ever file again), with the fees and fines still owed. That is what Judge Whitten officially warned her of several times.

If she had a tantrum in court, or was mouthy to the judge, or something like that, then he might order her to jail. I'm doubtful he would jail her for failure to pay the fees and fines, but he could still find her in contempt. That's where the sanction/ penalty of dismissal of her claims comes in, if I understand all of the court procedures correctly. AZ lawyer might comment on this at some point.

ETA: But it sure wouldn't break my heart if I heard she had to spend some time in jail. I think a timeout like that would be good for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back