WV WV - Diane Bess, 21, Huntington, 24 Dec 2013

Was there ever any clarity on why mom waited until after New Year's to report Diane missing?.. IMO its not necessarily suspicious and sadly many parents go thru similar extreme worries, but a delayed reporting to LE, and filing a missing persons report due to their adult children sometimes go for days or weeks dropping out of sight with complete absence from their family's daily life, nor even keep in any type communication with their families.. Many times due to their loved one struggling with some form of substance abuse.. I have no clue at all if maybe its something similar at play wrt Diane's mom's not reporting her til after New Years..but I do know that these exact same dynamics(described above) are common in cases where a family member may have an addiction..

If there was some history of any substance abuse I also can understand her mom not wanting to publicly acknowledge such for several reason..one big reason is due to some people's perception of people with addictions, and their being judgemental and sadly IMO, many times people will just totally disregard the missing person altogether in they're believing it to just be an addict on a binge.. I also believe it could effect the level of help by way of keeping an out for the missing person when it becomes known that they have substance abuse issues.. So, I could definitely see that if it is something similar at play here in this case why her mother wouldn't be speaking publicly about it(especially after finding out Diane is deceased):(

Again I am not at saying that this is true in this case just looking at what some of the reasons could be for Diane not being immediately reported as "missing".

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/140226_23591.shtml

Eyewitness News has obtained the affidavit for a search warrant served by the Huntington Police Department. It indicates surveillance video showed Bess with a man on the day she disappeared, and that the two were having a romantic relationship.

Detectives have searched that man's electronic records along with his parents' homes.

Melissa Sikora, Bess' mother, continues seeking justice.

Phone records seized in Bess case

The digital search for answers started Jan. 28 with a warrant for the man's cellphone. Affidavits say city police executed the warrant with a traffic stop the same day at 9th Avenue and 14th Street. They later discovered the man handed them a phone without its passcode and without mentioning it was a replacement for the cellphone specified in the warrant.

Initial search warrant affidavits, filed in January, mentioned a woman and the male friend, with whom both women were romantically involved. Those warrants targeted the man's vehicle, his residence and the home of his parents, all in Huntington. They revealed items including a black revolver, ammunition and a price tag from the residences, along with carpet and upholstery cuttings from the vehicle.
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/x32208872/Cellphone-records-seized-in-Bess-case

Bumping ... Wishing justice for Diane. We haven't forgot you, dear.

Police are investigating posts made on Topix:

"Authorities recently filed search warrants to reveal the authors of two Internet postings, both of which claimed to identify the gunman who killed Diane Lee Bess and dumped her body near Beech Fork days before police discovered her remains within miles of the same location.

The anonymous messages, posted Jan. 14 and Jan. 16 to the online message board Topix, pointed blame at a specific man, who previous affidavits described as having been romantically involved with the 21-year-old homicide victim. Security for the website attempted to identify the authors by way of Internet protocol addresses linked to the messages."

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news...s-investigation-probes-Internet-message-board

I'm glad to see they are working hard to find Diane's murderer, I'm hoping an arrest will follow very soon!

Can't find any updates on Diane, has anyone else?

This article is from last year. I'm assuming that Diane's murder is still unsolved.

Girl's death still a mystery

The death certificate, on public file at the Cabell County Clerk's Office, listed her cause of death as multiple gunshot wounds to the head and trunk. The date coincides with the day officers recovered her body.

Bentley leads the local investigation. He and other authorities have a working theory of contributing factors, but still lack forensic test results and cooperation from potential witnesses who police believe have knowledge of what transpired.

"There's people out there that know what happened," he said. "This girl deserves answers."

Search warrant affidavits routinely mention Bess, another woman and the male friend, with whom both women were romantically involved. The warrants have targeted his vehicle and residence, as well as the home of his parents, all in Huntington.

562039a5ae064.image.jpg

So there's still a killer on the loose.

So there's still a killer on the loose.

Yes. It's so sad. I drive by where her body was found often to go to my parents, which I can't help to think of her each and every time. They say that they are still waiting on certain tests to come back. Of what who knows. I'm pretty sure LE know who did it and why. I'm also afraid they made a mistake handling evidence and that might have a cause to why this case is still without justice. [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article is from last year. I'm assuming that Diane's murder is still unsolved.

Girl's death still a mystery

562039a5ae064.image.jpg

It's rumored the other woman is her sister.

It's sad to see how this case has been handled. It's almost a joke. So many people know who was involved in her murder yet nothing has been done. It really isn't a secret anymore. It's an embarrassment to her memory and inexcusable.

Sorry for multiple posts .. This has nothing to do with Diane, but is there a thread concerning the 4 high students murdered in Huntington on prom night?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled