WV WV - Luke Stout, 24, Buckhannon, 18 July 2012

Luke's friends and family protested outside a local restaurant today because they feel the person running the establishment, a woman, is one reason Luke is missing and possibly dead.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...-Still-Protesting-in-Hopes-to-Get-Answers5088

He is certainly loved and missed very much. I hope he is the 'informant' and that LE knows exactly where he is (safe), so he can be reunited with his mama. That's the only reason I can think of for no searches and no outside agency involvement, etc....and asking Luke's family to have patience...knowing how critical every hour is in a missing person case....we can only hope!

The West Virginia State Police have said they are following up on leads but have released few details in the case.

On Friday, Moore alluded to concerns that the state police have turned down offers of search groups willing to help.

“If you turn down people to help you and you don’t have the manpower to do it, then why are you turning down all these people that are wanting to help?” she asked.

http://www.therecorddelta.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=5159

I could be wrong, of course, but if Luke is the informant and LE has him in a safe house somewhere, then wouldn't they let his parents know, or would they just let them worry and wonder, plus putting themselves in danger by protesting outside this restaurant?
Are there bigger fish that LE is going after? Or would it be conceivable to think they have their suspects in jail and just waiting to make sure it's safe to let the family know where Luke is? Seems to me that if the 3 guys in custody are merely a part of a bigger organization, then Luke's family is taking a big risk standing outsise this restaurant protesting and drawing attention to themselves.
I know very little about the witness protection program other than it is through the U.S. Marshalls, but it's my belief that even though family members are not told where their loved one is, they are told that they are safe and being monitored regularly.

My mind was drifting toward the dark side. Perhaps Luke was an informant and the situation went sour — maybe LE got their information (say, via wire-tap) but Luke didn’t get out? I truly doubt if he’s in Witness Protection or a safe house anywhere…

Hoping his mom and family get some answers soon.

My mind was drifting toward the dark side. Perhaps Luke was an informant and the situation went sour — maybe LE got their information (say, via wire-tap) but Luke didn’t get out? I truly doubt if he’s in Witness Protection or a safe house anywhere…

Hoping his mom and family get some answers soon.

It is unlikely, but the alternative is so hard to imagine. Luke's mom's messages to him on the FB event page are heartbreaking.

This is definitely an intriguing case. I have spent some time reading the different topix threads about it. Sadly, Topix allows attacks and rumors and hate so you have to read between the lines but there is a lot of info in there about the situation.

The hate being spewed at the Stout family is just appalling. It just leads me to think that something definitely DID happen to Luke and that quite a few people are spewing hate to cover their (or some one they know) involvement.

I am definitely keeping my eye on this case.

Villagomez Appears in Court; Stout Family Protests
August 30, 2012

snipped...Before the hearing started, extra deputies were put in place to make sure no one had any outbursts.

Villagomez also had on a protective vest to make sure nothing happened to him.

Luke's mother, Elizabeth, chose to stand during most of the hearing.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...ez-Appears-in-Court-Stout-Family-Protests5109

[ Remember Luke's mom is in a wheelchair :tears: I feel so bad for her!! ]

On the “Looking For Luke Stout” FB page Luke’s mom says she’ll use her last breath if necessary to find her son. It also sounds as if she and her family plan to protest at the restaurant beside the 711 store in Buckhannon every day until she gets answers.

No matter the outcome, I hope Elizabeth finds out what happened to her son so this poor woman can have some peace and deal with her health issues.

http://www.wboy.com/story/19880695/stout-family-members-facing-chargess

Posted: Oct 22, 2012 10:26 AM EDT
Updated: Oct 22, 2012 11:07 AM EDT
By Jeff Schrock, Randolph, Tucker & Upshur County Reporter/Anchor

BUCKHANNON -The brother and mother of missing Upshur County man Luke Stout are facing several criminal charges.

There is not much in this story to tell us the circumstances of the arrests of Luke Stout's mother and brother, other than it involves assault and battery of a police officer, and apparently happened in a hospital. I wonder what else there is to this development?

Something has piqued my interest on fb....He has recent activity of a friend request..Now I know it could have been that he friend requested the person ages ago and he has only just accepted it, but it was on Oct 2...Would it be completely un-reasonable to check if the new friend had the request sittingthere for over 3 months and has only just confirmed it, or if it was a recent friend request? JMO

Just went looking and absolutely nothing new on this young man. On his Missing page on fb his mother is in such pain.... I hope he is found someday and gives the woman some closure...:(

Bumping for Luke....

I just read about Luke on a FB page and wondered if there was a thread here for him. I'm glad there is.

Bumping for Luke's and his Mother.

I don't think Luke was the informant. I think it's more likely Villlagomez found out Luke was sleeping with his wife, and got carried away with his newfound bravado, after Oberg's murder, and either did something himself or paid someone else to.

I read the story on the family's charges. All I see is 2 brother arguing about their ill mother, worried, stressed and taking it out on each other. JMO of course.

5 Local People Listed as Still Missing on State Police Website

[snip]

Luke Stout was reported missing from Buckhannon in July 2012. Stout was last seen wearing blue jeans, a shirt with cut off sleeves, black shoes with neon green tennis shoe laces and a brown jacket. Family members said they believe Stout's disappearance is connected to the shooting death of Buckhannon resident Joshua Oberg, whose body was found last June. If you can help, call state police in Buckhannon at 304-473-4200.

http://www.wboy.com/story/22184064/5-local-people-listed-as-still-missing-on-state-police-website

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back