WV WV - Sgt. James Haynes, 32, Wyoming County, 7 Dec 1963

In a cursory search it appears that James Paul Cozort's name is actually Cozart. And it looks like he is a cousin to William "Lundy" Trump.

I printed this thread and read it again. I didn't even realize this thread was originally started in 2007, 5 yrs ago. This case could be solved for all we know. We have no idea what has happened in these 5 yrs.

I can't find the UID discussed here or Sgt Haynes listed on Namus. If case is NOT solved to date, I will see about getting them both listed on NAMUS and also find out if DNA is in CODIS, if not, I will advise IO how simply that can be done, for both the UID and Sgt H, if they are unaware. https://identifyus.org/help/NamUs-DNA_Protocol_for_Collection.pdf

I am going to ring investigating officers on Monday to see what the status is. No sense in going further without this update, IMO.

JLHaynes.jpg

This was interesting at this link.

On December 7, 1963, the same day that Haynes went missing, a dismembered body was discovered in a clearing 6 miles south of Pineville, on State Route 16. The victim was a white male, who had been deceased for some time at the time of discovery. The body was badly dismembered, but not significantly decomposed. The victims arms, legs and head had been removed and the torso cut in half. The lower part of the torso was wrapped in canvas which was tied together with mine explosive wire. Police believed the victim may have been Shirley Arthur, but were not certain. Shirley Arthur was an enlisted Navy man who was reported missing in October of 1963. Arthur was also last seen hitchiking near Pineville. The body was buried at Still Run in a grave marked 'unidentified male A' and no arrests have been made in connection with the slaying.

The partial remains of two other bodies were also discovered between 1962 and 1963. To date, only one of the bodies has been positively identified.

On April 9, 1963, bloody clothing riddled with stab marks, was discovered discarded on a roadside in the area around Oakhill.

Also, seems more clear, he was going from Baltimore, where he lived, to parents in Saulsville, WV. I didn't see origin anywhere, but I may have missed it. This article said Baltimore, MD.

FYI-wtg return call. Will try again in a couple of days if I don't hear back.

I spoke to Capt. Gregory today. He is going to pull files and update me on case. He believes it is NOT solved. I spoke to him about DNA and unidentifieds mentioned. He was very receiving of our help and willing to support our efforts to get this case alive again. I will update as I am.

Pineville, WV is a very, very small town.

Wikipedia says that its population was 715 during the 2000 census.

Saulsville, WV is an unicorporated community that would be considered a rural suburb of Pineville and probably has a population of less 75.

Pineville is the county seat of Wyoming County, where numerous people have gone missing both recently and long ago. (There are many threads on Websleuths for them also.) Most of their disappearance are considered drug related among the residents.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/94/WVMap-doton-Pineville.PNG

Here is a map of where Pineville is located within the state.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineville,_West_Virginia

It is 7.4 miles from Saulsville to Pineville along Highway 97. This is a two lane road that is has sharp curves and steep hills. There are many accidents along this highway each year due to its proximity to Twin Falls State Park and the large number of deer that make their home within the Park and the surrounding hillsides.

Bumping for Sergeant Haynes, his son, and his grandson. I pray that you guys find answers and peace :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have heard about this case growing up from my mother, as far as I know all three that were in the car is now dead, Lundy had a massive stroke and died a few years ago, not sure about the others.

I forgot to say last night, I am lundys grandson, he is my mothers father, I never considered him a grandfather, once my grandmother finally got away from him, when she remarried her new husband was who I considered my grandfather.

December 7th will mark the 50 year anniversary of the disappearance of Sgt. James Lee Haynes.

I forgot to say last night, I am lundys grandson, he is my mothers father, I never considered him a grandfather, once my grandmother finally got away from him, when she remarried her new husband was who I considered my grandfather.

Do you have any information that was passed down from your grandmother? Information that hasn't yet been discussed on this thread?
Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry it took so long to return here, my grandmother never spoke of this to her grandchilden, my mother has told me stories and things she remembered, she was 10 years old at the time, she did tell me that Lundy did tell my grandmother that he did kill James with a few details. Lundy told my grandmother if she ever said anything he would kill her. My mother said Lundy would have nitemares of that night, he even spent time in the mental h ospital over it. HE was a very mean person, mom has told me stories of Lundy lining his kids against the wall and telling my grandmother to pick one so he could blow their head off, my mother has told me stories were he would come home drunk and they would have to get the siblings up in the middle of the night and hide out in the woods. If anyone would like to talk more about this and you are on facebook my name is John Bam Zuchick on fb, i would be glad to tell someone some details but I do not want to upset "Haynes", it was her father, and I would like to respect her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back