WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

Status
Not open for further replies.

oviedo

Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities | Fox News

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, told Fox News that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities – WGMD

Missing woman goes missing after road trip with boyfriend as mother reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, took a trip with her boyfriend in a converted campervan in early July to visit the national parks.

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on August 25, Petito’s last known location, ahead of a planned trip to Yellowstone.

Petito’s mother stated that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on August 25.

Her mother then received a text from her on the 27th and 30th. Although, her mother stated she cannot be completely sure if it was her daughter texting or not since they didn’t actually talk to each other.

The couple was traveling in a white 2012 Ford van converted into an RV.

“I can’t say much, but she’s not with the van anymore,” Schmidt told Fox News of her daughter. “I don’t want to say anything more, but for the people who are looking for her, I want them to look for her now, and not this van anymore.”

The couple launched a YouTube channel to feature their road trip called “Nomadic Statik”.

Brian Laundrie, Gabby’s boyfriend, could not be reached immediately for comment on Sunday.

BBM

gabby-4-fin.jpg

Photo source: Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities - American News Times

Blue Point Woman Missing ” from Suffolk County Police - Headquarters : Nixle

user47651-1631494803-media1

Sunday September 12th, 2021 :: 09:00 p.m. EDT
Advisory
Blue Point Woman Missing

Suffolk County Police Fifth Squad detectives are investigating the disappearance of a Blue Point woman who went missing while traveling.

Gabrielle Petito was traveling in a white, 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida license plate QFTG03 with a companion when she stopped communicating with friends and family.

Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department by her family on September 11 at approximately 6:55 p.m. According to family, they were last in contact with her during the last week of August. Prior to the last communication, Petito is believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

Petito, 22, of Blue Point, is described as a white female, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “let it be.” The van she was traveling in has been recovered.

Detectives are asking anyone with information on Petito’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls can remain anonymous.

A YouTube they made about their planned journey.

They planned an itinerary here:

Gabby & Brian V.’s Camping Lists on The Dyrt

As to whose van it is, Gabby says it's "our van," so I repeat - that was her van, at least in part, her only means of transportation (and she details how she fixed it up on her youtube). Then he takes off in it, leaving her...somewhere.

Not cool, it's her van too. He had no absolute right to simply remove it from where she could use it (presumably, in the middle of Grand Teton Park...)

And from what I can tell, that 2012 Ford Transit did not have GPS unless installed after-market...

Van-lifer, 22, disappears after cross-country trip to Yellowstone with her fiancée | Daily Mail Online

Sept 13, 2021

A New York woman who was traveling across the United States with her fiancée, while living out of a van, has been reported missing after he returned home without her.

Gabby Petito, 22, of Blue Point, New York, was last seen on August 24 when she checked out of a hotel with her fiancée, Brian Laundrie in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The following day she made her final call to her family, telling them that she and Laundrie had traveled to Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

[..]

The pair were heading for Yellowstone National Park but Petito never made it.

Laundrie has since returned to his Florida home with their couple's 2012 Ford Transit van and has reportedly not been cooperating with investigators, according to her family. They also claimed he has hired an attorney.

47838555-9984283-Gabby_Petito_of_Blue_Point_and_her_boyfriend_Brian_Laundrie_set_-m-9_1631506658195.jpg

'[My daughter] was last physically seen on August 24th when she checked out of a hotel with her boyfriend salt Lake City, Utah,' said Gabby Petito's father, Joseph Petito, on Facebook. '[Brian Laundrie] has since returned home and retained a lawyer, and is uncooperative currently.'

More details at the newslink

Police Searching For 22-Year-Old Missing Long Island Woman

9/12/21

BLUE POINT, NY — A 22-year-old Blue Point woman who was on a road trip out -of-state was reported missing by her family on Saturday, Suffolk police said.

Gabrielle Petito, 22, was traveling in a white 2012 Ford Transit van, which had the Florida license plate QFTG03, "with a companion when she stopped communicating with friends and family," Suffolk police said.

Petito's family told detectives that they were in contact with her during the last week of August, police said, adding that before the last communication, Petito "is believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming."
[..]

Schmidt told Fox that she could not "say much, but she's no longer with the van. I don't want to say anything more than that, but for people looking for her, I want them to look for her now, not look for that van anymore."

The van Petito was traveling in has since been recovered, police said.

22-Year-Old Gabriella Petito Who Was Travelling Around USA In Van Disappears

In one Instagram post, her boyfriend said: "Downsizing our life to fit into this itty bitty van was the best decision we've ever made.

"With the limited space we wanted to take advantage of every inch, while also keeping everything minimalist."

On 10 July, Gabby said: "After going on our first road trip across the country in my tiny car, we felt like there was just so much we missed.

"Turning this Ford Transit essentially into a camper was such an adventure in itself, but I couldn't love the way it turned out more!"

She added: "All the places it's brought us so far have been amazing! As soon as we got to the Great Sand Dunes I didn't want to leave, there was so much to hike!"

The couple have shared pictures from Colorado Springs, Zion National Park, the Arches National Park, Mystic Hot Springs, Great Sand Dunes National Park, and Bryce Canyon National Park.

____

Her last Instagram, posted on August 25, shows her visiting the Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah with the caption 'Happy Halloween'. The pair were heading for Yellowstone National Park but Petito never made it.

Van-lifer, 22, disappears after cross-country trip to Yellowstone with her fiancé

New article confirms:

“Laundrie has since returned to his Florida home with the 2012 Ford Transit van and her family says he has not been cooperating with the investigation into Petitio's disappearance.”

Woman missing on trip with boyfriend as mom fears texts were not sent by her
—-
SEP 13, 2021
New York woman, 22, who was traveling across country with boyfriend goes missing (nbcnews.com)
[...]

JP, her father, told Newsday Sunday that Gabrielle's disappearance felt like "drowning with your hands tied behind you."

"You can't describe it. There's nothing you can do. You can't control anything," he said.

Petito was traveling across the country in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a Florida license plate, which police said since has been recovered. It was unclear where her vehicle was recovered.

Gabrielle Petito was on a FaceTime call with her mother on Aug. 23 or 24, Schmidt said Sunday. She said she received texts sent from her daughter's phone until Aug. 30, but wasn't sure whether her daughter sent them.

[...]

Long Island woman Gabby Petito missing after cross-country trip with boyfriend (nypost.com)

JP (Gabby's father) moved from Long Island to Vero Beach, Florida, in June in part to be closer to his daughter, who had moved to the city of North Port in western Florida with her boyfriend about two years ago.

On June 17, Petito arrived in New York to attend her brother’s high school graduation and then left on her cross-country adventure, Schmidt said.

Last month, the couple arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah, but left amid heavy wildfire smoke, according to Fox News.

Petito was expected to visit a family friend in Portland, Oregon, around Halloween, Newsday said.

The last time that Petito’s mother saw her daughter in person was when she arrived in New York to attend her brother’s high school graduation.

N.Y. Woman Documenting Cross-Country Road Trip with Boyfriend on YouTube Has Disappeared

PEOPLE confirms with the Suffolk County Police Department that Gabrielle Petito last contacted her relatives on Aug. 25, when she was near Grand Teton National Park in Jackson, Wyo.

Last month, they arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah, staying only a short time, as wildfire smoke blanketed the region.

The couple apparently stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25 before heading for Yellowstone.

This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.

Gabrielle Petito, 22, and Brian Laundrie, 23
, hit the road on July 2, driving their white 2012 Ford Transit Connect from their home in North Port, Florida, to the Monument Rocks formation in Kansas, then making their way to Colorado’s Great Sand Dunes National Park. From there, they headed to the Zion, Bryce, and Canyonlands national parks in Utah.

Last edited:

North Port Police Department

The North Port Police Department is actively assisting in this case in conjunction with the Suffolk County Police Department where she was reported missing.
"The Suffolk County Police Department is investigating the disappearance of a Blue Point woman who went missing while traveling.
Gabrielle Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department by her family on September 11 at approximately 6:55 p.m. According to family, they were last in contact with her during the last week of August. Prior to the last communication, Petito is believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
Petito and a companion were traveling in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida license plate QFTG03. The van she was traveling in has been recovered.
Petito, 22, is white, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “let it be.”
Detectives are asking anyone with information on Petito’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls can remain anonymous."
We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port. With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers.
In addition The FBI Tampa Field Office is assisting with this investigation. You can also call 1-800 CALL FBI or submit your tip to: tips.fbi.gov.

Australian news:

Gabby Petito: Girlfriend of Brian Laundrie goes missing on camping trip

[Her mom] would not confirm reports that the two were engaged — although Petito posted on Instagram last year “Brian asked me to marry him and I said yes”.

—-Jaye Foster, an Alabaman who is traveling the U.S. in his own customized Volkswagen bus, met Gabby and Laundrie near Moab, Utah, on Aug. 10. The three of them chatted for about 40 minutes, discussing the modifications they had made to their vans.

“They were holding hands, they were ecstatic about their rebuild,” Foster told The Daily Beast from a rest stop in California. “That’s what I find so weird about the whole situation, is that they were both really cool. There didn’t seem to be anything wrong whatsoever.”

“They were happy to show off their van, happy to show off their travel map, she was so proud of the sink she had put in,” said Foster. “She was such a cool person. He was too. That’s what’s freaking me out. They seemed totally fine.

This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.

Mother of missing van-life woman, 22, says she last heard from daughter through text 13 days ago | Daily Mail Online

The couple planned to reach Portland Oregon to visit a friend by Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500