WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito - Grand Teton National Park - MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION - #2

oviedo

Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities | Fox News

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, told Fox News that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

Media Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope this is suitable for this thread.

-------------------------------------------------​

Crime & Safety

Gabby Petito's Mom Urges Domestic Violence, Red Flag Awareness​

The slain Long Islander's mother urged the importance of knowing red flags, understanding and support for victims at virtual conference.​

Peggy Spellman Hoey's profile picture

Peggy Spellman Hoey, Patch Staff​

Posted Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 6:31 pm ET|Updated Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 7:09 pm ET

RONKONKOMA, NY — Nichole Schmidt, the mother of slain Long Islander Gabby Petito, urged the importance of domestic violence awareness education and knowing what the red flags are during the inaugural Every1KnowsSome1 Virtual Conference on Thursday morning.
"I didn't know them," she told a group of healthcare providers, advocates, educators, law enforcement personnel, and victims at the Crime Victims Center-sponsored forum. "I would have never expected this to happen."
------------------------------
More here:

Roberta Laundrie:
"The letter to Brian was written prior to Gabby and Brian leaving my home for their trip. Previously, I submitted an affidavit to the court for very limited purposes but that is not the whole story. Now that the letter has been shared, I ask that you read it in its entirety, and understand that the letter contains other phrases besides those highlighted by Pat Reilly for sensationalism and to bolster his case.
I truly loved my son, and simply wanted to convey to him how much he meant to me and how much I loved him. I am sure people use phrases all the time to express to their loved ones the depths of their love. Although I chose words that I thought would be impactful with Brian given our relationship, the letter was in no way related to Gabby. Please read the entire letter before you believe the hype put out by Pat Reilly."
"While I used words that seem to have a connection with Brian's actions and his taking of Gabby's life, I never would have fathomed the events that unfolded months later between Brian and Gabby would reflect the words in my letter."
She sought to explain the context of the letter, saying it was inspired by children's books "The Runaway Bunny" and "Little Bear" and a writing exercise book she said Petito gave her son called "Burn After Writing."
"Brian, Gabby and I often joked about this book and the importance of being able to express yourself," she wrote of the latter. Embarrassing ideas could be burned away, she argued.

"In some way, I did not want anyone else to read it as I know it is not the type of letter a mother writes to her adult son and I did not want to embarrass Brian," she wrote. "That is why I wrote ‘Burn After Reading’ on the envelope, and I knew that Brian would know what that meant. I am now appreciative that he actually kept it."

10PM STREAM: Your reaction to Roberta Laundrie's "burn after reading" letter in the #GabbyPetito case. The letter doesn't mention Gabby, but includes an offer to dispose of a body What do YOU think? Come join.

During our stream, Laundrie attorney Steve Bertolino texted me saying Roberta's letter was in the possession of the FBI for "weeks before Brian's remains were discovered." Petito attorney Pat Reilly previously told me the letter was found in Brian's backpack near his remains.

Appreciate some of the reply tweets here referencing Reilly's earlier statements compared to his more recent one to me. I will clarify in the morning. Thanks everyone.

5/24/2023

SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. -- Gabby Petito's parents now have a copy of a letter Brian Laundrie's mother wrote to her son, which included references to getting a shovel and burying a body, CNN reported.

Attorneys for both sides argued in a Sarasota County, Florida, courtroom Wednesday over whether the letter is relevant to the lawsuit brought by Gabby Petito's parents against Laundrie's parents and the Laundries' former attorney.

Updated 5/25/2023

"Van Life" vlogger Gabby Petito was reported missing on September 11, 2021. What happened between her and her fiancé in the days leading up to her death?

Brian Laundrie’s mother, Roberta, offered her son a shovel and garbage bags if he needed to dispose of a body, according to the letter obtained by Gabby Petito’s family after a judge’s ruling Wednesday in Florida.

Updated: Jun 27, 2022 / 07:55 AM EDT

Updated: Jun 27, 2022 / 08:00 AM EDT

Published: March 7, 2023 Updated: March 7, 2023

Roberta Laundrie is speaking out regarding a letter written to her son, Brian Laundrie, for the first time and claiming the letter was an attempt to repair their “strained” relationship and was in no way related to Gabby Petito or her death.

According to the affidavit, while unsure of the exact date she wrote the letter to her son, Roberta claims to have written the letter to her son around the end of May 2021.

CHEYENNE, Wyo. -- The mother of the man who killed Gabby Petito told her son in an undated letter that she would “dispose of a body” if needed because she loved him so much, according to copies of the note shared publicly for the first time this week by attorneys for Petito's parents.

The van life couple who uploaded a video of Gabby Petito’s van on YouTube says “the amazing community of social media came together and found Gabby.” More on “48 Hours,” tonight at 10/9c. https://cbsn.ws/3WC3Vox

The disappearance and death of Gabby Petito sparked a national outcry. The story was far from over. What questions still lingered about her death? Watch “48Hours,” tonight at 10/9c — only on @CBS or stream on @paramountplus. https://cbsn.ws/45Ayak0
https://twitter.com/48hours/status/1662443536686497793/photo/1

In the late summer of 2021, Gabby Petito’s story spread quickly across social media and throughout the media. Go inside her disappearance and heartbreaking case, Saturday at 10/9c on CBS and streaming on Paramount+: https://cbsn.ws/3BZu2MO

Edited: to include more from 48 Hours on Twitter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back