WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito - Grand Teton National Park - MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION - #2

Important to clarify: according to court documents, Bertolino, a co-defendant in the lawsuit, individually made these settlement offers to Petito and Schmidt. He is not representing the Laundries in this case. That’s being handled by attorney Matthew Luka.

Steven Bertolino, the longtime lawyer for the Laundries, has made “confidential” settlement offers to Joe Petito & Nichole Schmidt, the parents of #GabbyPetito, @WFLA has learned. I asked both sides about the status of a potential settlement.

Attorney Matthew Luka will no longer represent the Laundries in the #GabbyPetito lawsuit after taking a new job. “The Laundries are good people, and it was my pleasure to work with them. Ryan Gilbert will do a terrific job for them, so I know they are in good hands.” (1/3)

Luka tells me he is at a new law firm and the move required a substitution of counsel. As he noted, he’ll be replaced by Ryan Gilbert. I asked Luka, as the exiting Laundrie attorney, who he thinks will prevail in the trial next year… (2/3)

“I wish the Laundries all the best and have always believed in their case, but I’ll leave that for Mr. Gilbert to answer after he has had a chance to complete discovery.” - Matthew Luka to @WFLAThe #GabbyPetito lawsuit goes to trial in May 2024, eight months from now. (3/3)

1695764863542.png

VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) — The parents of Gabby Petito have come face-to-face with the parents of Brian Laundrie for the first time since Petito’s murder more than two years ago.

On Tuesday in Venice, Florida, the legal team for Petito’s parents deposed Christopher Laundrie, Brian Laundrie’s father, as part of the civil lawsuit filed against the Laundries and their longtime attorney Steven Bertolino. [...]

[...]
More depositions are on the schedule, including with Brian Laundrie’s sister Cassie, as both sides prepare for trial in May 2024.

More at link [...]

Updated: Oct 10, 2023 / 02:01 PM

#RobertaLaundrie's deposition was met with a much different response by #GabbyPetito's family. Was told there were major revelations. “There is pure evil in this world. I have witnessed it first-hand." - Nichole Schmidt, Gabby's mom My Full Report: http://bit.ly/3MkDlg3 @WFLA

"PURE EVIL": The second day of depositions with the parents of Brian Laundrie was filled with more tension. “We learned a lot in the last two days that we didn’t know before,” the Petito family's attorney said, @WFLAJB reports: http://bit.ly/3MkDlg3

#RobertaLaundrie's deposition was met with a much different response by #GabbyPetito's family. Was told there were major revelations. “There is pure evil in this world. I have witnessed it first-hand." - Nichole Schmidt, Gabby's mom My Full Report: http://bit.ly/3MkDlg3 @WFLA

Gabby Petito: first 54 mins
Carlee Russell: 55 minutes - 1:40 minutes
Where the news industry is heading and #HeyJB: 1:41 min - reminding video (#HeyJB will be taking some time away - He's going to be a daddy!

3:30ET Friday Stream coming up on:

Also going to touch on some big changes coming up in my personal life, which I'm sure a few people know about -come join us!
Stream Link: https://youtube.com/live/BdTm2qVA0zM?feature=share
https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1712907754938016103/photo/1

JUST IN: The Laundries have filed a proposal of settlement in the civil lawsuit filed against them in the #GabbyPetito case. The terms of the proposal are unknown. This comes after the first attempt to settle, which came from attorney Steve Bertolino.

#NEW: The attorney for #GabbyPetito’s family has filed a motion to compel the testimony of Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino. They want to know what #BrianLaundrie told Bertolino after Gabby’s death.The obstacle: attorney-client privilege, which is addressed in the motion.

As part of the motion to compel Bertolino to testify what he was told, Pat Reilly, the attorney for #GabbyPetito’s family, has filed #BrianLaundrie’s notebook in the motion as Exhibit A:

From Pat Reilly, attorney for #GabbyPetito’s family:“Part of our case is our allegation that the Laundries and Bertolino knew Gabby was deceased and where her body was located. I believe Brian Laundrie told Bertolino both of those things.“

From Bertolino:“Hi JB, I hope the day finds you well. This motion presents some very intricate and important legal issues that cannot be decided in a roundtable discussion like your podcast. Although I have no doubt that you and your listeners are highly educated, (1/2)

and can reasonably discuss the legal ramifications and issues presented by this motion. I will leave this one to the Court without further comment.” (2/2)

Brian Laundrie’s lawyer may be forced to answer questions about the murder of Gabby Petito

Lawyers for the parents of Gabby Petito say they want to hear from the attorney for the parents of her boyfriend Brian Laundrie, who confessed to murdering her in August 2021.

Joseph Petito and Nichole Schmidt, Gabby Petito’s parents, sued Christopher Laundrie and Roberta Laundrie in March 2022, alleging that Brian Laundrie had told his parents that he killed his girlfriend while they were on a trip in Wyoming and that the Laundries not only didn’t share this information with Petito and Schmidt, they tried to make arrangements for their son to leave the country.

Brian Petito died by suicide after returning home to Florida.

More at link...

Brian Laundrie's lawyer may be forced to answer questions about the murder of Gabby Petito

Oct 27th, 2023, 1:23 pm

Here’s who Gabby Petito’s family plans to call as witnesses in civil trial against Laundries
https://8.wfla.com/46q6rS3 | @WFLAJB

WITNESS LIST: The legal team for #GabbyPetito’s family have released the list of witnesses they intend to call in the civil trial against #BrianLaundrie’s parents and attorney in May.The list includes FBI agents, detectives in NY & FL, reporters, AT&T, attorneys, and more.

View attachment 462982

View attachment 462983
View attachment 462984

View attachment 462985
View attachment 462981

@WFLAJB

#GabbyPetito Update: During depositions, Chris and Roberta Laundrie said in a “frantic” phone call on Aug. 29, 2021, their son told them Gabby was “gone” and that he needed a lawyer, per Petito attorney Pat Reilly. More in my latest report: https://bit.ly/3RC7JFL on @WFLA

11:54 AM · Dec 4, 2023

VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) — The attorney for Gabby Petito’s family says Brian Laundrie’s parents have admitted what their son told them in the days after killing his 22-year-old fiancé in August 2021.

During depositions for the upcoming civil trial between the two families, Chris and Roberta Laundrie said in a “frantic” phone call on Aug. 29, 2021, two days after the day Petito was believed to be murdered, Brian informed them that Gabby was “gone” and needed a lawyer, according to Petito attorney Pat Reilly.

Reilly says Chris and Roberta did not admit to knowing Gabby was killed, only that they were told by Brian that she was “gone.”

According to court documents and the depositions, Chris and Roberta then informed their longtime lawyer Steven Bertolino that Gabby was “gone” and that Brian was in need of an attorney. A retainer was sent to him six days later.

Reilly says he believes the Laundries, and possibly Bertolino, were told more. He has filed a motion to force Bertolino into revealing what Brian told him. A hearing on the motion and whether Brian’s attorney-client privilege should be upheld is scheduled for Dec. 20 in Sarasota County Circuit Court.

Gabby Petito lawsuit: Brian Laundrie’s parents finally admit what their son told them, attorney says

Updated: Dec 4, 2023 / 12:15 PM EST

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back