Resolved WY - Sheridan Co, "I-90 Jane Doe", WhtFem 16-21, 390UFWY, shirt w/fancy buttons, Apr'92 - NamUs removed

Might NCMEC make a recon of her? The ones on Doe don't look terribly realistic IMO.

The Find Aundria M Bowman facebook page got a message from a man who said that he had submitted Aundria as a possible for this Jane Doe.

I am pretty doubtful that this is Aundria, but it got me thinking that I should do a reconstruction of this 92 Sheridan Jane Doe. I wasn't able to get any photos of her skull, so I based it on the CT scan facial reconstruction that was put out for this case.

2a0fd3e3-58ff-4054-b4ef-8ec41efba1a4.jpg

The Find Aundria M Bowman facebook page got a message from a man who said that he had submitted Aundria as a possible for this Jane Doe.

I am pretty doubtful that this is Aundria, but it got me thinking that I should do a reconstruction of this 92 Sheridan Jane Doe. I wasn't able to get any photos of her skull, so I based it on the CT scan facial reconstruction that was put out for this case.

This is beautiful, Carl, thanks so much! Finally, she looks human. :tyou:

Could She be Gina L Clark Missing since Dec. 1991 MO. 1040DFMO - Gina L. Clark

Or maybe Donna Mezo missing since Feb 1992. Cannot find a picture with her teeth showing. 638DFIL - Donna Jean Mezo

Last edited by a moderator:
A facebook friend of mine suggested Megan Patricia Carney as a possible match to Sheridan Jane Doe.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1789dfca.html

I did some research and found two additional high school photos of her (Frosh and Soph photos from the 83 & 84 Newport Harbor HS yearbooks) that give a partial (but not real clear) view of her teeth.

From what I can see, she does appear to have crooked teeth, as does the Jane Doe.

99f2d793-3d9b-4239-8460-0fce102cf17a.jpg
ae76d235-c011-401b-b38a-214c6eddf7f0.jpg
4c1e8a61-009a-42f5-b11f-1e2af8b1476e.jpg

2a0fd3e3-58ff-4054-b4ef-8ec41efba1a4.jpg

Megan appears only in DoeNetwork. No other sites carry her case. There is no missing persons report on file for her, because LE has apparently refused to take one. I got on touch with Dustin Driscoll at NamUs, and he said that as long as a family member is willing to file the report, they are usually able to arrange for one to be filed.

So I just got done talking to her sister, and she is willing to go forward. I created a new Namus MP casefile for her. When published, she will be MP40091

And I passed her contact info on to Dustin, so hopefully this can all be resolved promptly.

Kimberley Amero b. 1969 has been ruled out per NamUs (in addition to Amy Gibson and Virginia Uden).

I wonder if they could put this Jane Doe and Bitter Creek Betty into DNA Doe Project. Also, does this Jane Doe have a nickname?

Wyoming DCI continues work on 26-year-old murder case

SHERIDAN — Twenty-six years ago, a murderer dumped the body of a girl aged 17 to 23 years in Sheridan County. The victim remains unidentified, along with another girl killed by the same man and dumped in Sweetwater County.

Despite 26 years of separation between the incidents and today’s standing cold case, agents from the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation and other law enforcement agencies remain diligent in pursuing peace for the victim’s family.

“Now, they can’t speak for themselves. We have to speak for them,” DCI agent Loy Young said. “If we can identify them and lay them to rest properly, maybe give family members who have been wondering about them for 26 years some closure or at least a peace of mind knowing that they’re now resting in peace, that’s a win regardless.
Through Weatherman’s testing, it was revealed that Jane Doe was younger in age than the previous estimate. Because of those changes, new facial recognition renderings were created to help identify the victims.

Those photos have been shared across the nation in hopes of identifying the woman. A hobbyist out of the New England area, Liz Marshall, became intrigued by a blog, “Can You Identify Me?”, as a young teenager.
“It haunted me for years,” Marshall wrote in an email. “It was very morbid.”
The intrigue grew into a passion of matching missing persons cases to unidentified bodies, contacting investigators and making friends interested in true crime.
“After that, I just kept going with it,” Marshall said.

Marshall came across the two female victims on a website called WebSleuths. Several hobbyists created multiple websites to help investigators with their search for identification for bodies. Marshall was particularly drawn to Jane Doe and Bitter Creek Betty due to the lack of activity on their cases on those sites. She then created Facebook pages in hopes of helping move the investigation along.
Read more (long article): http://trib.com/news/state-and-regio...b5544e3e0.html

BBM. Websleuths got a mention. :woot:

Hoping that with the new article(s?) There will be more interest in the case.

Was Megan ruled out?

I assume you mean Megan Carney?

A facebook friend of mine suggested Megan Patricia Carney as a possible match to Sheridan Jane Doe.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1789dfca.html

I did some research and found two additional high school photos of her (Frosh and Soph photos from the 83 & 84 Newport Harbor HS yearbooks) that give a partial (but not real clear) view of her teeth.

From what I can see, she does appear to have crooked teeth, as does the Jane Doe.

cache.php
cache.php
cache.php

cache.php

Megan appears only in DoeNetwork. No other sites carry her case. There is no missing persons report on file for her, because LE has apparently refused to take one. I got on touch with Dustin Driscoll at NamUs, and he said that as long as a family member is willing to file the report, they are usually able to arrange for one to be filed.

So I just got done talking to her sister, and she is willing to go forward. I created a new Namus MP casefile for her. When published, she will be MP40091

And I passed her contact info on to Dustin, so hopefully this can all be resolved promptly.

I don’t see a NamUs Page for her...

She's in Namus but her casefile isn't published.
I assume you mean Megan Carney?

I don’t see a NamUs Page for her...

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member